Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2014
I started Glasslip in hope of another Hanasaku Iroha but I honestly find no redeeming qualities in this anime. The artwork is nice but it still doesn't even compare to any of their previous works. I really want to keep following PA Works mainly because I want another Hanasaku but after Glasslip it's hard to believe they will ever come out with anything good.

Glasslip is shaping out to be at the bottom of MAL and that's saying something.
Aug 14, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2010
MAL rankings means nothing, especially for current airing series.
Also, a lot of people wait for the series to be complete before giving a proper grade for it.
Still, if you want something as a backer, the japs rankings are more reliable:
>*10,989位 (***,391 pt) Glass Lip -08/14
10,989th place is pretty low indeed.

imo, what happened to Glasslip was simply P.A.Works usual formula gone wrong.
Their pretty visuals, great seyuu, cute and endearing storytelling, which some like to call "beautiful & boring" in jest, simply didn't work this time.
Most likely because it stayed too long in the merge of a drama and a slow-paced SoL, in fact, we're at episode 7 and it still is. In the recent years they showed us that they're capable of producing really good original SoL that turn into dramas, such as TariTari and TrueTears but it doesn't seems this was their intention this time -unfortunately-
The best definition I can come up with atm is that it's trying to be like ARIA and its adorable utopia but with ...love polygons.
I'd be surprised if it actually worked, a shame it didn't ...so far.

But,
> I want another Hanasaku but after Glasslip it's hard to believe they will ever come out with anything good.
I hope you are not serious about this.
If I were to drop studios each time they produce something shitty, I'd ran out of anime in a couple of weeks. Man, KyoAni would be burning in hell by now.
For me, Glasslip (if stays like this) will be the FIRST let down from PA Works. Even Another and RDG were still 7/10 and average-tier. Given the other great series they've produced so far, all coming from original scripts, I'm easily overlooking this one and looking forward to the next one.
Besides this isn't something awfully disgusting like some "critics" here imply. It's a pretty cute show to pass the time.
Aug 14, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
pLaguE_ said:
Glasslip is shaping out to be at the bottom of MAL and that's saying something.

Wha? Its not even the lowest rated show of the season..
Aug 15, 2014 1:13 AM

Sep 2013
xbobx said:
MAL rankings means nothing, especially for current airing series.
Also, a lot of people wait for the series to be complete before giving a proper grade for it.
Still, if you want something as a backer, the japs rankings are more reliable:
>*10,989位 (***,391 pt) Glass Lip -08/14
10,989th place is pretty low indeed.

imo, what happened to Glasslip was simply P.A.Works usual formula gone wrong.
Their pretty visuals, great seyuu, cute and endearing storytelling, which some like to call "beautiful & boring" in jest, simply didn't work this time.
Most likely because it stayed too long in the merge of a drama and a slow-paced SoL, in fact, we're at episode 7 and it still is. In the recent years they showed us that they're capable of producing really good original SoL that turn into dramas, such as TariTari and TrueTears but it doesn't seems this was their intention this time -unfortunately-
The best definition I can come up with atm is that it's trying to be like ARIA and its adorable utopia but with ...love polygons.
I'd be surprised if it actually worked, a shame it didn't ...so far.

But,
> I want another Hanasaku but after Glasslip it's hard to believe they will ever come out with anything good.
I hope you are not serious about this.
If I were to drop studios each time they produce something shitty, I'd ran out of anime in a couple of weeks. Man, KyoAni would be burning in hell by now.
For me, Glasslip (if stays like this) will be the FIRST let down from PA Works. Even Another and RDG were still 7/10 and average-tier. Given the other great series they've produced so far, all coming from original scripts, I'm easily overlooking this one and looking forward to the next one.
Besides this isn't something awfully disgusting like some "critics" here imply. It's a pretty cute show to pass the time.

where did you get the Japanese ranking?

Aug 15, 2014 1:21 PM

Jun 2010
trabeus1 said:

2ch.
It's based on VideoResearch, Oricon and Amazon.jp weekly/monthly airing rankings, plus, BD/DVD sales, and, pre-order rankings.
Yes, all poor attempts to understand the industry, anyway.

Full chart
Aug 15, 2014 4:33 PM
Jan 2014
xbobx said:
trabeus1 said:

2ch.
It's based on VideoResearch, Oricon and Amazon.jp weekly/monthly airing rankings, plus, BD/DVD sales, and, pre-order rankings.

Full chart
Zankyou no Terror is down hard?

just on a side note: your sig should say "below", not "bellow". And unfounded opinions are worthless. They dont give reasons or explain anything, they are just thrown in statements without any justification or background. You cannot derive or learn anything from them.
Aug 15, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2010
cabacc2 said:

just on a side note: your sig should say "below", not "bellow". And unfounded opinions are worthless. They dont give reasons or explain anything, they are just thrown in statements without any justification or background. You cannot derive or learn anything from them.

Spoiler for off-topic.
Aug 15, 2014 5:18 PM
Jan 2014
those opinions are objectively worthless if your goal is to get an insight in others reasoning or if you want to learn something.

I did not recognize that it was meant as a joke though.. its not that obvious
(there is still one "bellow" in your sig, btw)
Aug 15, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2010
cabacc2 said:
those opinions are objectively worthless if your goal is to get an insight in others reasoning or if you want to learn something.

I did not recognize that it was meant as a joke though.. its not that obvious
(there is still one "bellow" in your sig, btw)

Hard refresh and your sinful "bellow" will be gone, m8.

Those opinions aren't meant to be of any "value", if that's what concerns you.
They're just portraying how awful low this site's community have fallen at my personal standards.
Sorry if I said that your favorite animu is shit or anything, I just don't get why are you bashing.
I don not want to learn anything here, actually, I did not intend in doing so at the first place. And those who don't agree or don't get what those statements mean, as I said before, can PM me and get their answers.
Aug 16, 2014 4:20 AM

Sep 2013
xbobx said:
trabeus1 said:

2ch.

Full chart

It would be really helpful if you had the links thank you

Aug 16, 2014 7:57 AM

Mar 2014
I don't even remember making this thread, but let me clarify. I don't mean to somehow educate anyone, but rather ask a simple question. These are obviously unfounded claims but is anyone here actually proving otherwise? While the score itself isn't necessarily in the bottom tier but compared to actual MAL ratings and 'Glasslip' being from PA Works (arguably a well known group) I'd say it's significantly lower than a lot of anime on this site. I also never specifically claimed I would stop following PA Works but I guess by some of the words I used you could assume that.

Glasslip has arguably some of the worst animation this season, there have been numerous scenes that have been poorly done (when Momo was driving up the mountain side, the runners in episode 6?). While PA Works has poured all effort into the art they are severely lacking in the animation front.

The worst part is that they arguably cut out the same scenario in Nagi no Asukara but then use even worse characters.

The drama has been so forced, I don't really have anything else to say because I feel like that should be obvious in itself.

The plot is non-existent. My favorite part of the show is the fact that glass blowing is used maybe 2% of the entire series so far?

While people have been bashing for no apparent reason, can anyone prove to me otherwise that this anime isn't entirely shit? These seven episodes have been dreadful and I don't see any arguing against that.
Aug 16, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
cabacc2 said:
xbobx said:

2ch.

Full chart
Zankyou no Terror is down hard?

I echo this...but how the hell is Zankyou so low?
Aug 21, 2014 4:38 PM

May 2014
If you watch this without thinking of hanasaku iroha and nagi no asakura I bet your viewing experience would be twice as good... Instead of getting mad at PA just watch or drop it :P

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.