Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2014 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that ending. The future is happening?! More of a tense episode although I still don't like David much at all..

Some of the other moments with Touko got more tense as well. I'll brace myself for what's to come soon.
Stark700Aug 14, 2014 7:25 AM
Aug 14, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2009
What the fuck?

Aug 14, 2014 8:35 AM
Jan 2014
Here we go again. Throwing all the budget on good art and zero efforts on the animation.

More cheesy dialogues with forced drama. Using up time on useless things like middle school girls drooling over Yuki's "hotness", instead of focusing on character developement.

Apparently Kakeru has DID now, perfect addition to his "character".

Hiro is officially Sachi's boyfriend now. Not too sure what to feel about that.

The last conversation between Kakeru and Yana is cringeworthy.
Aug 14, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2013
Sachi admitting that Hiro's her boyfriend, although he did seem a little upset that she planned the beach meet up to ruin Kakeru's date with Touko. Oh man that ending. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Aug 14, 2014 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
Sachi that's what you get for being a butthurt. I don't like Hiro being her "boyfriend" (Seriously,what's up with everyone and the word 'boyfriend'? or charming I found it weird),I feel bad for him,perhaps because I still can't stand Sachi.
What's with the whole "attractive" thing on Yuki? When I thought they finally move forward with the plot,more senseless things appear.
Wtf.
Aug 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
Sacchan is yuri and she likes Touko. Confirmed, poor that boy Hiro.
Yanagi said "It's your fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore" WTF ?? This means she likes him less or stop liking him completely. OR because Kakeru is so damn hot in her eyes now.
Highlight in this episode is Hina, she raised a flag herself. I ship Hina x Yuki now.

And Kakeru..about time they let us know what the hell is going on in that head of his in the next episode... he fought to get the girl and when she ask what are we he can't even give a straight answer.
KandorinAug 14, 2014 8:52 AM
Aug 14, 2014 8:49 AM

Jan 2014
I actually like this anime, but..
This episode, what the fuck?
I didn't understand why she screamed at the end...
Melon
Aug 14, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2012
I pity the mc he's hated by everyone... and he did nothing wrong.
Aug 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2011
I feel like creators of this show spend more time on worthless dialogues than main plot.
This show pisses me off so much. They didn't even bother showing us how Touko x Kakeru and Sachi x Hiro became couples. When I was starting to watch this episode, I felt like I missed like 3 episodes because idk what happened. Also, as I said, a lot of time is spent on worthless and useless interactions than plot developing (even though it's nonexistent anymore). Characters are friggin' dumb - Touko is plain annoying, Kakeru does some weird drugs or whatever, Yanagi is a bitch who has a permanent PMS, Yuki is useless, Sachi is some shitty yandere and Hiro is idk, invisible.
Also, the forced drama is bad and I can't get into it.
Aug 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed this episode. I had a feeling Sachi always hated Kakeru but man to use everyone just to spoil their fun like that? No wonder Hiro just left like that. I'm a little confused by what Yanagi meant when she said it was Kakeru's fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore. Though that was a pretty creepy thing Touka saw. Looking at her eyes it scarred it her pretty good.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 14, 2014 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
Every episode of Glasslip:

The best moment by far was when Touko's sister cried dramatically to a hawt stranger, "Please stay attractive! Please stay attractive!" I wonder what the writers were thinking when they wrote this scene. Actually I wonder what they were thinking when they plotted out the entire show. Oh wait, they weren't.
Aug 14, 2014 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It pisses me off to see how everyone hates on Kakeru because of bullshit reasons -_-

I already hated Yuki after all of his bullshit but now Yana is just getting on my damn nerves....Sachi is a bitch too....I can't believe she used Hiro like that -_-
Aug 14, 2014 9:13 AM

May 2009
asdlolxd_ said:
I pity the mc he's hated by everyone... and he did nothing wrong.

Touko is the MC, not him.
Aug 14, 2014 9:15 AM

Oct 2010
I welcomed the lack of Touko's "EEEEEHH"'s, it was refreshing to see her not act like such a flustered airhead all the damn time. Also, did I miss the part where Hiro and Sachi became a couple, or are they just throwing "boyfriend" around aimlessly? weird. Sachi did quite petty thing there though, I wonder what Hiro will do next episode.

Yuki did nothing but run the whole episode, and that gives him a female fan base apparently, lol. Hina saying "please stay attractive" was quite odd, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before, I wonder what she meant by it. I also don't see how it's Kakeru's fault that Yuki is apparently losing his attractiveness. It just seems like it's the cool thing to hate on Kakeru at the moment, poor guy.

That last scene with Touko and the birds was... weird, this show does nothing but pose questions. Another one was what the hell was up with Kakeru speaking with two other versions of himself in is mind :O
Aug 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Sep 2010
OG-3 said:
They didn't even bother showing us how Touko x Kakeru and Sachi x Hiro became couples.

My understanding (though I could be wrong because who the hell knows with this show) was that when Sachi told her mother Hiro was her boyfriend, it was the first he'd heard of it too, but since they'd just kind of naturally become that way and since it was what he wanted, he didn't have any objections. & I don't THINK Touko and Kakeru are meant to be a couple, just kind of interested in each other.

Re: Sachi & Hiro, I also thought she maybe did that to get him in the palm of her hand a bit more so she could use him to manipulate situations that are otherwise out of her control since she's in hospital. There's been no indication that she actually likes him that way - she only seems to be into Touko.

Ultimately I think too much is open to interpretation because it's just kind of a mess.
Aug 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
this is getting interesting, so kakeru has alter ego huh. it mustve been rough to finally have your romance sensor activated but your friends hated your crush, damn
Aug 14, 2014 9:18 AM
May 2011
Sachi s disguisting as ever. Yana is still obsessed over her "idol" . And now Touko's sister too. Everyone hate David.

The best thing for David will be taking Touko from all those crazy "friends" including yandere/yuri Sachi.

I feel something bad can happen with David because of Touko's "friends"..
Aug 14, 2014 9:20 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I like how Okikura is being blamed for everything that's not going right around the group. Especially Yanagi saying Yuki isn't cool anymore because of him was just ridiculous!

Since when Sachi and Hiro made such progressions? Boyfriend and girlfriend already?!

Yuki being like a idol to Hina's classmates was pretty fun to watch.
Liked how Hina caught up to Yuki with her bicycle and told him to stay cool. She looks good with school swimsuit too! :p

Good episode. Yanagi is becoming annoying like Yuki. They should become a couple.

Aug 14, 2014 9:30 AM

Aug 2012
Are these characters speaking Japanese? I don't understand any of them... especially that "attractive". The heck is that all about? It's already the 7th episode and the plot is still beating around the bush. Meh.
Aug 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Dec 2008
It was a meh episode... idk what this anime is really about anymore but whatever. I'm just gonna go with the flow. I cringed at some parts in this ep. :P
_Katherine_Aug 14, 2014 10:12 AM
Aug 14, 2014 9:37 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode. Still don't know what the fuck is going on with those future fragments.
Aug 14, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Hey 5:30 guy, please stay attractive.
Theyaren't even trying anymore.
What is wrong with this episode?
Aug 14, 2014 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
I think by watching every episode of this shit, my brain cells are dying. Can't believe PA Works did something so retarded.
Aug 14, 2014 9:44 AM
Jan 2014
What the...

I don't even...

This episode...

What..?
Aug 14, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2012
marian11 said:
I think by watching every episode of this shit, my brain cells are dying. Can't believe PA Works did something so retarded.

I can. Have you ever seen RDG: Red Data Girl?
Aug 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
I'm still not quite sure what to think of this anime.

Part of me thinks it's decent...another part of me thinks it has some of the most poorly written dialogue I've ever heard in an anime.
Aug 14, 2014 9:57 AM

May 2013
I'm not sure how much longer the good art and music can keep me from dropping this anime.

Also extremely frustrated with Touko being an airhead.
Aug 14, 2014 10:04 AM
Dec 2008
What the fuck does 'attractive' even mean in this context?

Yukinari seems to have moved on from Touko long ago and now Yanagi mentions that he doesn't know when to give up? She then mentions near the end the end that he is no longer attractive? The fuck?

Also, Sachi is a bitch for toying poor Hiro. Now she'll truly be alone.
Aug 14, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
Toucanbird said:
marian11 said:

I can. Have you ever seen RDG: Red Data Girl?
Lol, I compared Glasslip and RDG a few episodes back, that was a very mediocre anime in my opinion. So far I still prefer Glasslip but not by much. It has to pick up soon.

May 2009
I was just starting to get this and then... eh? say whut?
I'm confused as f*ck at this moment and I'm not even sure what the plot is about.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy

Apr 2014
I'm kind of curious about that ending, it looks like Touko was having some kind of a hallucination to me, rather then seeing the future.

Also not sure why they bothered spending so much time focused on girls calling Yuki attractive.
Aug 14, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
will Touko date Yukinari? or perhaps Yana will develop some feelings for Okikura knowing that Yukinari won't really change his feelings for Yanagi and will still like Touko and moves on but Touko will likely say she's not into Okikura and will change her mind saying she does like Okikura and this couses a real conflict between the two girls...from that vision she saw that her friend said "you're a cute couple", just guessing... I'm so wanting to see the next episode..it's like poison dammit...! i want to know... :)
DeadZeroSourceAug 14, 2014 10:17 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 14, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was quite a bit more interesting than the others, though I have to question some of the phrases put in Glasslip [ waves make me feel tingly? 5h30 guy no longer attractive? ].

Let's start from the beginning. Even though it appears that Touko and Kakeru are now in a relationship, this might not the end of the story, or the final outcome- something I learned from Nagi no Asukara, if Glasslip will end up being anything like it. It's clear that their visions have great impact on each other, but I'm not sure if this means that they should naturally be together in a romantic relationship- it seems kind of forced, and I thought it was better when they were good friends.

It was interesting to see that Kakeru appears to hear voices in his head, incarnated in two alternate versions of himself. Do they have anything to do with his future visions, and does his mom's classical music drown them out? It would be great if classical music played a part in this anime more than just being nice background noise.

I was questioning whether Sachi really loves Hiro, but it turns out that she was manipulating him- whether unconsciously or consciously is still up to question- and I think she's very jealous of Touko and Kakeru's relationship, either because she'll never be able to have on like theirs, or because she loves Touko. The latter option was implied in previous episodes; I can understand, aside from that, where a hatred of Kakeru might turn up, especially because since he arrived, many changes have been occurring.

Anyway, what was the whole thing with the 5h30 guy? And why is Yukinari no longer attractive? The only reason I can think of it being important to Hina to preserving his looks would be because she likes him or because she thinks her sister likes him [ the reason for those feelings would be because Touko finds him attractive ]. As for Yanagi, I think there was something else behind that comment with Yukinari not being attractive anymore. Maybe it's because people [ Touko, Kakeru, Yanagi ] dislike him because Kakeru disrupted the balance of their group of friends, or because it appears, in the end scene, that he might be leaving home, having found no place for himself in the group of friends or even in the city that he's from. Of course, I could be totally wrong about these inferences, so I'm waiting to see what will happen next episode, especially with that scene where Yanagi is radiating crows [ or ravens, maybe ]- it certainly stands out because it's such a dark scene amongst the lighthearted themes and bright palettes of Glasslip.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 14, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
Like everyone in the show.... I dont like David either!! XDDD
Aug 14, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
The scene with the swimming bath girl running out of the building and biking up to him just to tell him to "stay attractive" just felt really...silly. Like, would that ever happen? Ever? I know this is just anime but it felt like such a ridiculous situation that nobody would ever do and it was being passed off as some sort of serious moment.

Amongst other scenes as well, I dunno. It feels like there's so many silly moments that are trying to be melodramatic or make some hint at drama or development but just feel weird and unnatural. I'm holding out but I don't even know what for anymore.
Aug 14, 2014 10:33 AM

May 2009
julyan said:
Are these characters speaking Japanese? I don't understand any of them... especially that "attractive". The heck is that all about? It's already the 7th episode and the plot is still beating around the bush. Meh.

It's probably CR's fault if they used "please believe in yourself" of "stay confident" in all cases it would made sense.
Aug 14, 2014 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
I think the reason why she freaked out and saw the birds and stuff and Kakeru falling is perhaps she can see people's true feelings? Since Kakeru may be falling in love with her and Yanagi is annoyed at them being a couple so she feels like she needs to attack them. Also, Sacchi's going to need some peanut butter for all that Jelly. That was a pretty dirty move I must say. Hiro is disgusted in her and Yuki is leaving now?
Aug 14, 2014 10:46 AM
Dec 2008
Yuki most likely went to train with his coach...

get it?
Aug 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
Everyone is leaving NOOOO!!!!

Sachi how could you OMG!!!

Poor Hiro

Yuki don't go !!!!!

Will someone push Kakeru??? Falling vision
Aug 14, 2014 11:04 AM

Jun 2013
For those not familiar with the artwork, it's called "Day and Night" by M.S. Escher. It's known for its symmetry and the contrast between positive and negative images.

How this is a metaphor for what's happening is beyond me. When Kakeru falls into this work of art, I can only guess that he signifies a "break" in the symmetry of the friendship the original five once had. When Touko sees the crows flying out of Yana, I guess she just foresaw everyone falling apart.

Btw shitty episode. They decided to choose the more complicated route and spiral down into the abyss of the shittiest anime of the season. Hiro distrustful of Sacchan, Sacchan secretly sadistic and has feelings for Touko, Kakeru seeing three versions of himself, Touko hallucinating stuff, Yana being one bitter girl, and Yuki leaving the group to train formally for his running. How this series will end I'm not interested in. Maybe one more episode will finally do it for me.
Aug 14, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2012
Dang the ammount of ate on this ep is soo disturbing..

thank God its only one site and other sites i see are actually into this anime lol. >.<
Aug 14, 2014 11:16 AM

Oct 2013
God characters in this anime are so awful. What are we gonna se next week, 3 Touko? P.A. Works more of this greatness pls.
Aug 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
Were they late with this ep or something?? There were so many frozen frames!

But damn! Is something FINALLY happening in this series?? T
Thank you! This needs some real drama!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
5/5 like always.
It is getting more and more interesting.
My fav show of this season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 14, 2014 11:26 AM
Aug 2011
PLEASE STAY ATTRACTIVE!
looololololololol
In which any fabulous person would have replied with a bitch pls i'm always attractive.

This show is absolutely terrible but this episode was kind of hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

They aren't even trying anymore like that one part where it was a still image and they just kept talking at the end. I don't find that artistic at all, it just comes off as low-budget.
Aug 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
Wait wait

I love how people hate on kakeru for not giving Touko are response after she asked him what they were but they fail to realize he asked with another question have we become more than just two people with a wierd ability?

come on guys >.<
Aug 14, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
Wow the dialogue on this ep, the writing.. the hell were they smoking.
Aug 14, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Phoenix1220 said:
I think the reason why she freaked out and saw the birds and stuff and Kakeru falling is perhaps she can see people's true feelings? Since Kakeru may be falling in love with her and Yanagi is annoyed at them being a couple so she feels like she needs to attack them. Also, Sacchi's going to need some peanut butter for all that Jelly. That was a pretty dirty move I must say. Hiro is disgusted in her and Yuki is leaving now?

I guess that's a good explanation for those weird visions.
Aug 14, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Phoenix1220 said:

Sounds about right.

Now about the ep, I was like WTF the whole time
When did Hiro became Sachi's boyfriend?
and WTF Touko's sister chasing a stranger with her swimsuit and jacket saying ''pls stay attractive''
Okikura either having split personalities or he's high. But seeing as he and Touko has powers I guess he isn't high
Sachi being ur daily yuri b'tch again.
Yana saying ''ur the reason Yuki is less attractive now'' to Okikura was the most WTF moment of the episode for me. It aint Okikura's fault Yuki can't take rejection and reality to the face.
srsly the only sane persons I know in this anime are Okikura/Touko and Hiro.
Aug 14, 2014 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
Seems like Toko has feelings for Yuki and the final scene was the future with Yagani saying they were a good couple???? Idk this is weird lol. But if she ends up with Yuki imma be pissed. Toko x Okikura all the way!!!!
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.