Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder if Katsuhiro Otomo was inspired by the bikers in this episode for Akira? They even had stupid clown makeup.

Gritty post-apocalyptic thriller is good so far.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 14, 2011 7:48 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't like that 6 months have passed just like that, it serves no purpose.
Besides, I thought he had a tracking device implanted in him, so wouldn't he be easy to find? How did he manage to run away for 6 months with, I'm led to assume, little effort?

Also, the bikers were a little ridiculous.

Other than those little details, it was a good episode.
May 22, 2011 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
Hey a cyberpunk biker gang! The Woodo police is so corrupt that it is practically another criminal organization by itself. I gotta hand it to the police chief, he was at least attuned to the changing reality of the times though it was too late for him.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 11, 2011 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
The tracking device is to find where they took the capsule/prototype. If he's in an area they've searched thoroughly, there's no way it can be there. And they need him to stay alive. So they'll follow him and keep him alive if he's in danger IMO.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 2, 2012 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
I'm confused. What exactly shoot that guy in the end?
Nov 27, 2013 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
Arcanus said:
I didn't like that 6 months have passed just like that, it serves no purpose.
Besides, I thought he had a tracking device implanted in him, so wouldn't he be easy to find? How did he manage to run away for 6 months with, I'm led to assume, little effort?

All of this right here bothered me as well. But a major plus towards the build up of the atmosphere of the series. So gritty and bleak.
Nov 5, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2009
I really like the artstyle, it creates such a nice atmosphere.
Jun 1, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
Well, this is not what expected to see when I started Votoms, but I can easily adapt to it. It's kinda fun, but I hope it gets better. The bikers were pretty ridiculous, that whole scene reminded me of something from Hokuto no Ken.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 20, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
being chirico is suffering
Aug 27, 2019 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
Woodo is a city full of corruption and hard times. After becoming a slave, Chirico manages to escape that biker gang, and finds an armored unit like the one he piloted in a trash heap. Maybe he can get it running again.

Jun 21, 2022 8:42 PM

Dec 2021
I came here hoping someone would spill the beans on how the biker got shot in the head at the end. :(

If the military is tracking him, then I guess it was them?
Dec 12, 2022 12:30 PM

Jul 2016
while this isn't what i expected from votoms, i'm very pleased by uoodo. that whole atmosphere with the gambling, shops, rat children, hookers, biker gangs, and the imagery that makes you - as a viewer - feel the cold chill that is associated with the city is top tier. man, i want more of that. they had better come back to these types of settings in the future. an even better episode than the last, corruption is rife and chirico's luck is worse than a donkey's... out of all those people, he got 'got'. i do wonder if his blue hair is noticeable in the world of votoms or if it makes no difference at all. there are some oddities, but i'd say i'm a big fan of the writing and the strong main character in here.
Apr 5, 2023 1:45 AM

May 2009
Robbini said:
The tracking device is to find where they took the capsule/prototype. If he's in an area they've searched thoroughly, there's no way it can be there. And they need him to stay alive. So they'll follow him and keep him alive if he's in danger IMO.

I hope this is the case because otherwise it's a major plothole
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 AM
Nov 2023
I'm really enjoying the setting and feel of this show so far, I've always been someone who loves grittier sci-fi. Excited to see where this goes

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - May 23, 2011

14 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 7 Discussion

tofei - May 22, 2011

13 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 52 Discussion

Echelon - Sep 13, 2008

29 by walla »»
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

18 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 26 Discussion

tofei - May 24, 2011

8 by walla »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.