Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 13, 2014 10:44 PM

Nov 2013
Definitely loved the episode! The fight scenes were amazingly animated with its great angles and action. Then the revelation about them really explained a lot about Kuro and the emotional scenes afterwards were just awesome. Looking forward to the next episode. :P

And that last scene though. xD
Aug 13, 2014 11:15 PM

Feb 2014
is it just me or are the fights in this series (including first season) actually somewhat better than the fights in the legendery Fate/Zero???

at the very least the fights in episodes 6 of each season.
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Aug 14, 2014 12:19 AM

Sep 2013
Paul said:
So are the rest of the episodes gonna be all moe and fun?

A3ead said:
is it just me or are the fights in this series (including first season) actually somewhat better than the fights in the legendery Fate/Zero???

Legendary? Really? But if you're wondering why the fights are better here... probably the FSN-Archer factor. Most of the best fights always somehow involve him.
Aug 14, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:
Paul said:

A3ead said:

Legendary? Really? But if you're wondering why the fights are better here... probably the FSN-Archer factor. Most of the best fights always somehow involve him.
Or his arm....
Aug 14, 2014 12:27 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah well, my comment included any part of Archer. I bet his origin is actually GAR.
Aug 14, 2014 12:29 AM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:
Yeah well, my comment included any part of Archer. I bet his origin is actually GAR.
Yeah.After losing
his origin decided that it wasnt manly enough.
Aug 14, 2014 12:58 AM

Feb 2014
C-Core said:
Paul said:

A3ead said:

well it costs 500$ to buy ... if I don't call it legendary regardless of if it is true or not ,I would soon sit in a corner and start crying.

You're probably right, FSN Archer's fights are way more entertaining and Silver Link sure knows how to animate them !!
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Aug 14, 2014 2:16 AM

Dec 2013
>complain about boobs and bathing and shit in a fanservice, slice-of-life anime

Wow MAL you never ceases to amaze me.
Aug 14, 2014 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
I was getting pissed off at Kuro for being so annoying but then THIS SHIT HAPPENS. THIS ARC FINALLY HAS SOME FRECKING MEANING :O

5/5 ty illya, u always give like 5 shitty episodes, come out with 1 good one, and i predict the next 6 or however many will be shitty as well, but I'll still love you :x

for the first time im saying this, but kuro love <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRo58SAS888
Aug 14, 2014 4:13 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah some good plot right there. But i have to ask though is Prisma Ilya considered Canon in the Nasuverse? Since Fai is talking about how F/SN Illya is actually Kuro.
Aug 14, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2007
RedgraveGilver said:
Yeah some good plot right there. But i have to ask though is Prisma Ilya considered Canon in the Nasuverse? Since Fai is talking about how F/SN Illya is actually Kuro.

Kuro is the personality who would be FSN-Illya if fate/zero events transpired.

Everything is canon in nasuverse, except for fate/prototype and canaan.
Aug 14, 2014 6:23 AM

Jun 2013
wow amazing action there
Aug 14, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2010
Action and drama, Irisviel put an end to it with her punch magic
Good bathing scene again and it seems the story got a bit mixed with the original one
Aug 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
That fight between Illya and Kuro,no..Chloe...was epic and beautifully animated *.*

Illya's mother is both funny and powerful...she finished Kuro in one strike >o</

Kuro had a sad past,but I'm glad that now Illya and Kuro get along hehe~

Another great yuri kiss <3 I want mooore!! :)))

The next ep. looks promising...lots of comedy moments haha~
Looking forward to it <3
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Aug 14, 2014 9:38 AM
Mar 2014
Fai said:

This is canon? Really?
Aug 14, 2014 9:45 AM

Jul 2007
okaegen said:
Fai said:

This is canon? Really?

Yes.

Its published by Type Moon. It adheres to canon rules, power levels, etc and it has a clear divergence point in terms of nasuverse.
AhenshihaelAug 14, 2014 9:53 AM
Aug 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
okaegen said:
Fai said:

This is canon? Really?

If we really want to go with what Nasu says, then only the universes that are observed would become true. Which is likely the case here because Zelretch is in this universe, you know. Compare it with Schrödinger's cat, if you like.

Hiroyama, the mangaka of Prisma Illya, personally thinks he is just doing officially published fanfiction, but I like what I see here and Hiroyama isn't blatantly breaking any Nasuverse rules, so I consider it canon.
Aug 14, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2014
RedgraveGilver said:

It's all cano-oh it's been said.
Yeah, Kaleidoscope and all that, technically all official alternate universes are canon as well, the Nasuverse is more of a multiverse.
Aug 14, 2014 9:52 AM
Mar 2014
Well, I would never consider this about this as canon, I can't, don't know why.
Aug 14, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
okaegen said:

You just don't like it? I've heard enough people who don't care about Apocrypha, Extra or strange fake already, and the reason is always the same one.
Aug 14, 2014 10:07 AM
Mar 2014
I like it, that's why I'm here reading impressions XDD. I like the manga a lot more but Chiwa Saito's acting here... fuck, just for this episode the anime is worth.
Aug 14, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
There is the issue to whom onii
okaegen said:

Why not? If Marvel/Disney can have literally thousands of alternate timelines (which do interact with each other) why can't there be one where Illya (probably) has a happy ending (which might or not involve popping her oniichan's cherry >_< )
Aug 14, 2014 10:16 AM
Mar 2014
I'm not a big Marvel fan, neither happy endings' fan. I like Prisma Illya and I don't need to consider it canon for that.
Aug 14, 2014 10:17 AM

Nov 2013
okaegen said:
Fai said:

This is canon? Really?
Obligatory

Anyway, like the others said, it may seem like pointless fanservice for most people but it is indeed canon.
Aug 14, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:
okaegen said:

This is canon? Really?

If we really want to go with what Nasu says, then only the universes that are observed would become true. Which is likely the case here because Zelretch is in this universe, you know. Compare it with Schrödinger's cat, if you like.

Hiroyama, the mangaka of Prisma Illya, personally thinks he is just doing officially published fanfiction, but I like what I see here and Hiroyama isn't blatantly breaking any Nasuverse rules, so I consider it canon.
Canon or not, Kalied will ALWAYS be FANfction simply because it is written by a FAN.I dont care if the meaning is a bit different, since Gen is a fan as well, but we dont call FZ fanfiction since TM/Nasu was always behind it, but unlike MANY other Nasuverse doujins, this one became officially published and included in other official works.
Aug 14, 2014 10:24 AM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
C-Core said:

Canon or not, Kalied will ALWAYS be FANfction simply because it is written by a FAN.I dont care if the meaning is a bit different, since Gen is a fan as well, but we dont call FZ fanfiction since TM/Nasu was always behind it, but unlike MANY other Nasuverse doujins, this one became officially published and included in other official works.

Then with that definition, strange fake and the Apocrypha Light Novels are also fanfiction, I guess?
Aug 14, 2014 10:25 AM
Mar 2014
For me is just an spin-off, it doesn't need to follow completely the canon and I like that.

I'm good with the fanservice... except when it seems a harem, that breaks my heart and blood boils like magma.
Aug 14, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:
ssjokg said:

Then with that definition, strange fake and the Apocrypha Light Novels are also fanfiction, I guess?

Didnt they start just like FZ?

I know that Kaleid was just a doujin at first,and that strange fake was an april's fool joke but I think both Apocrypha and Strange fake had TM's approval.

Dont missunderstand, I do think that they are canon.

okaegen said:
For me is just an spin-off, it doesn't need to follow completely the canon and I like that.

I'm good with the fanservice... except when it seems a harem, that breaks my heart and blood boils like magma.
In a sense every fate/ except FZ and FSN are spin offs...
Aug 14, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2007
okaegen said:

There are no spin offs in nasuverse.

C-Core said:
ssjokg said:

Or the fact that Tsukihime started as a doujin game. Is it fanfic too? XD

ssjokg said:
C-Core said:

Didnt they start just like FZ?

I know that Kaleid was just a doujin at first,and that strange fake was an april's fool joke but I think both Apocrypha and Strange fake had TM's approval.

Dont missunderstand, I do think that they are canon.

okaegen said:

apocrypha started as an idea of card game...
Aug 14, 2014 10:33 AM
Mar 2014
ssjokg said:

And I'm totally fan with that, things doesn't need to be treated as "canon" or "fanfiction" to be good.
Aug 14, 2014 10:37 AM

Jul 2007
okaegen said:
ssjokg said:

And I'm totally fan with that, things doesn't need to be treated as "canon" or "fanfiction" to be good.

Except that calling it that would go against what Kinoko Nasu said and how it all functions.
Aug 14, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
okaegen said:
ssjokg said:

BEING spin offs dont define canon or not.

Railgun is a spin off of Index but 100% canon.
It all depends on in universe laws and the treatment of the original creators.
Aug 14, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
okaegen said:

And arguably better(not by much) than Index nonsense.
Aug 14, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

You are talking about the anime.

Index is a ruhed adaptation a little better than DEEN's FSN.
Railgun is a good adaptation that suffers from nonsense original fillers that break ALL of the in-universe laws, dragging down the entire series.

So no.I prefer being rushed than being bullshit.
Aug 14, 2014 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:

You are talking about the anime.

Index is a ruhed adaptation a little better than DEEN's FSN.
Railgun is a good adaptation that suffers from nonsense original fillers that break ALL of the in-universe laws, dragging down the entire series.

So no.I prefer being rushed than being bullshit.

Index has awful protagonist.
Railgun has great protagonist.
Aug 14, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
Touma is JC staff's DEEN Shirou.
Misaka is also ruined in the fillers.

You cant compare them.You are doing the same thing all the TM,Fate/ secondaries are doing.
Aug 14, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2013
People, lets not derail this into non naru universes.

okaegen said:
I'm not a big Marvel fan, neither happy endings' fan. I like Prisma Illya and I don't need to consider it canon for that.

My point is that whether people like them or not, they do not call those alternate marvel universes "fanfiction", "spinoff" or anything that tries to allocate them in a lower tier.
Aug 14, 2014 11:02 AM
Mar 2014
Really, I don't know too much about it so I'll ask, does Marvel's alternates universes follow the same rules or all the universe are different from each other?
Aug 14, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2013
okaegen said:
Really, I don't know too much about it so I'll ask, does Marvel's alternates universes follow the same rules or all the universe are different from each other?

There are universes where are nearly identical (think Steins;Gate) and the divergence goes up to where there are nearly no similarities (Squadron Supreme) or they are bad endings (Marvel Zombies, everybody dies kthx).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I do not subscribe to the idea that Kuro is the true Illya. You can say whatever from playing the visual novels or reading the novels, but so far in the anime we have seen how in Fate Zero kitsurugi talked with the (tainted) holy grail, which had similar mannerisms to Iri but was a different existence altogether. Probably Kuro is the same grail (but untainted) , but on this universe it was never implanted on Iri (or was transferred later on to Illya). This is probably the reason why Iri did not apologized to Chloe nor tried to embrace her as a dying infant. She will treat her from now on as a daughter, but that is a recent development, she was a tool beforehand.
Aug 14, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
mangamuscle said:
okaegen said:

There are universes where are nearly identical (think Steins;Gate) and the divergence goes up to where there are nearly no similarities (Squadron Supreme) or they are bad endings (Marvel Zombies, everybody dies kthx).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I do not subscribe to the idea that Kuro is the true Illya. You can say whatever from playing the visual novels or reading the novels, but so far in the anime we have seen how in Fate Zero kitsurugi talked with the (tainted) holy grail, which had similar mannerisms to Iri but was a different existence altogether. Probably Kuro is the same grail (but untainted) , but on this universe it was never implanted on Iri (or was transferred later on to Illya). This is probably the reason why Iri did not apologized to Chloe nor tried to embrace her as a dying infant. She will treat her from now on as a daughter, but that is a recent development, she was a tool beforehand.

You're comparing apples and oranges. The tainted Grail that talked to Kiritsugu was Angra Mainyu, who took Iri's personality. The one who is actually the core inside the true Holy Grail in FSN and FZ is Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern. I don't think you know the mechanics of the Lesser Grail and the Greater Grail of the Fuyuki FSN Holy Grail yet.

Kuro is a personality that was sealed away and would have grown into the original Illya. She is Illya. Iri didn't predict she sealed more than just memories away. And what does dying infant even mean...?
Aug 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Aug 2009
mangamuscle said:

I dont get what you are saying mainly because of the bold.

Those "illusions" had nothing to do with the real Iri,Ilya/Kuro.It was just

Iri dint even know that Kuro existed before.
Aug 14, 2014 11:37 AM
Mar 2014
This is a stupid thing
Aug 14, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2013
okaegen said:
This is a stupid thing

This series is supposed to appeal to FSN fans mostly, so it makes sense to use the Heroic Spirits the fans are familiar with.
Aug 14, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
okaegen said:
This is a stupid thing

Throne of heroes is outside of space and time and applies to all multiverse worlds. Even the ones without him.
Aug 14, 2014 12:01 PM
Mar 2014
Then meh
Aug 14, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2013
By "dying infant" I mean "dying child", excuse me but english is not my first language.

C-Core said:
The tainted Grail that talked to Kiritsugu was Angra Mainyu, who took Iri's personality. The one who is actually the core inside the true Holy Grail in FSN and FZ is Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern. I don't think you know the mechanics of the Lesser Grail and the Greater Grail of the Fuyuki FSN Holy Grail yet.

[quote=ssjokg][quote=mangamuscle]Also Iri,Ilya and Kuro CANNOT be tainted because they arent connected with the entity that is inside the Greater Grail.
Once they become the grail they lose their personality.[/spoiler]

and I should ask both of you "How do you know that?" and if your answer boils down to "I saw it elsewhere, not in any Fate anime" then we have a problem. Because unless there is a booklet that came with the blu-ray/dvd explaining all these, then they are different mediums. Just the same as if you want to explain anything in a harry potter movie by doing a citation of the books, the movies are a self contained medium and so is any anime, what is true in the original medium does not have to be so in the derivatives.

So unless your explanation comes from the anime, we will have to agree to disagree.
Aug 14, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
"Iri" explained to Kiritsugu that she isnt the real thing, and he also figured it out himself before that.And the specials did it as well I think.
Just by that, and without going into details, you should know that Anga Mainyu has nothing to do with Iri,Ilya and Kuro.

And what you said about something being true in one medium not being in the other is asinine.
Aug 14, 2014 12:16 PM

Sep 2013
[quote=mangamuscle]By "dying infant" I mean "dying child", excuse me but english is not my first language.

C-Core said:
The tainted Grail that talked to Kiritsugu was Angra Mainyu, who took Iri's personality. The one who is actually the core inside the true Holy Grail in FSN and FZ is Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern. I don't think you know the mechanics of the Lesser Grail and the Greater Grail of the Fuyuki FSN Holy Grail yet.

ssjokg said:
mangamuscle said:
Also Iri,Ilya and Kuro CANNOT be tainted because they arent connected with the entity that is inside the Greater Grail.
Once they become the grail they lose their personality.[/spoiler]

and I should ask both of you "How do you know that?" and if your answer boils down to "I saw it elsewhere, not in any Fate anime" then we have a problem. Because unless there is a booklet that came with the blu-ray/dvd explaining all these, then they are different mediums. Just the same as if you want to explain anything in a harry potter movie by doing a citation of the books, the movies are a self contained medium and so is any anime, what is true in the original medium does not have to be so in the derivatives.

So unless your explanation comes from the anime, we will have to agree to disagree.

This is not an "agree to disagree" situation. The "Iri" that talked to Kiritsugu clearly stated she is not actually Iri and before "she" was choked to death personally cursed Kiritsugu as "Angra Mainyu". Justeaze is mentioned in the FZ anime, too. Ilya's "dream" that she had in the last FZ episode is vaguely describing what I was saying.

And I call you on that crap about different media. What you're saying is based on misunderstandings and the theories in your head. What I and ssjokg are saying is still true and would be later elaborated in the upcoming animes anyway. Apples and oranges again. ufotable's animated FZ/FSN universe isn't any different from the ones in the Light and Visual Novels. Don't compare it to Harry Potter or Marvel or whatever. It doesn't work that way.
CapsuleCoreAug 14, 2014 12:56 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
C-Core said:
okaegen said:
This is a stupid thing

This series is supposed to appeal to FSN fans mostly, so it makes sense to use the Heroic Spirits the fans are familiar with.
I was thinking it's because it's taking place in the same time that 5th HGW would be.
Aug 14, 2014 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
Botato said:
C-Core said:

I was thinking it's because it's taking place in the same time that 5th HGW would be.

Illya is supposedly 11, Shirou is 16 or 17. The ages already don't match. FZ started in the mid-nineties and Illya was around eight back then. Also, almost all FSN Servants were summoned by using catalysts. The cards were made... in a different way.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

105 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

78 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

134 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

91 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

103 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.