Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 14, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
C-Core said:
Botato said:
I was thinking it's because it's taking place in the same time that 5th HGW would be.

Illya is supposedly 11, Shirou is 16 or 17. The ages already don't match. FZ started in the mid-nineties and Illya was around eight back then. Also, almost all FSN Servants were summoned by using catalysts. The cards were made... in a different way.
Close enough... :|
Aug 14, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
Botato said:
I was thinking it's because it's taking place in the same time that 5th HGW would be.

Illya is supposedly 11, Shirou is 16 or 17. The ages already don't match. FZ started in the mid-nineties and Illya was around eight back then. Also, almost all FSN Servants were summoned by using catalysts. The cards were made... in a different way.

We do not know why Illya is 11. For all we know Iris and Kerry pretty much "reboot" her. Homunculi are fickle business in terms of ages.

Otherwise yes, KLP starts on exact day Saber would be summoned in Fifth War. Most of cards here are "echoes" of that war, so to say, no matter HOW they are made.
Aug 14, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
That's why I said "supposedly" 11. There are lots of things that are left unexplained, like why Shirou was still adopted by Kiritsugu, even though there was no fire etc. The most logical explanations are on the meta level anyway: to appeal more to fans.

Why are some of you even seriously thinking so much about it?
Aug 14, 2014 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
C-Core said:
I wouldn't call that thinking too much, some one asked a question and it just was the first thing that popped up.
Aug 14, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
I was more referring to Fai. Not exclusively this thread, though.
Aug 14, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
That's why I said "supposedly" 11. There are lots of things that are left unexplained, like why Shirou was still adopted by Kiritsugu, even though there was no fire etc. The most logical explanations are on the meta level anyway: to appeal more to fans.

I don't expect those questions to be answered till the final arc in either 4vier or whatever comes after.

AS I said before obviously its most likely consequences of whatever Kerry and Iris did.
Aug 14, 2014 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
Chiwa Saito & Junichi Suwabe are the best Archer's VA..
Aug 15, 2014 2:22 AM
Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
Shaniyaz said:
Archer Kuro vs. Saber Miyu was epic! Didn't know Miyu was this strong to be on par with Kuro!
It's the Saber card that gave her power to match Kuro.
And Kuro would have a serious problem if Miyu was using the card's power properly.

i think that kuro was actually holding back, and miyu doesn't have enough mana in her to use the saber card properly, not like last season when ilya/kuro was at full power when fighting the saber card, and was spamming as much mana as she wants
Aug 15, 2014 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
kcazzz said:
ssjokg said:
It's the Saber card that gave her power to match Kuro.
And Kuro would have a serious problem if Miyu was using the card's power properly.

i think that kuro was actually holding back, and miyu doesn't have enough mana in her to use the saber card properly, not like last season when ilya/kuro was at full power when fighting the saber card, and was spamming as much mana as she wants

It's true that Kuro was holding back, since she was only fighting with K&B.

As for Miyu having enough mana.....well...

Anyway, Miyu even with lack of mana should have been able to beat Kuro, with the way Kuro was fighting.Miyu's attacks were nothing like a "true" Saber's.Kuro clearly says that.And sword swings dont really use big amounts of mana unless if you are a Berserker.
Aug 15, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
So, end of one arc, I guess this was fine episode. Next time fanservice and then... Bazett perhaps?

I just wonder - what exactly happened when Kuro become human? Did she got her own prana source or rather did she got her real body instead? What about her abilities and Archer card Tohsaka and Luvia are seeking, was it destroyed in the process? (this ep never explained details and I hope those four remaining eps aren't fanservice only). But there is still Caren's observing business and Miyu's past to sort out, right?

My bet is this time, they end the series with cliffhanger.
Mich666Aug 15, 2014 5:26 PM
Aug 15, 2014 11:57 PM

Sep 2013
Mich666 said:
So, end of one arc, I guess this was fine episode. Next time fanservice and then... Bazett perhaps?

I just wonder - what exactly happened when Kuro become human? Did she got her own prana source or rather did she got her real body instead?

Kuro is originally a part of Illya, who was discarded because of Illya's wish "to be a normal human", the Archer card and Illya's wish caused her incarnation. She has no mana source, that's why she has to steal mana from others by kissing them.

Mich666 said:
What about her abilities and Archer card Tohsaka and Luvia are seeking, was it destroyed in the process?

See episode 5. Kuro already said the card is inside her.

Mich666 said:
(this ep never explained details and I hope those four remaining eps aren't fanservice only). But there is still Caren's observing business and Miyu's past to sort out, right? My bet is this time, they end the series with cliffhanger.

I'd say they end this season at around chapter 16, maybe a chapter more or not. Still over ten chapters left then, so expect a cliffhanger. The time for Caren and Miyu will eventually come.

Aug 16, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2012
C-Core said:
Kuro is originally a part of Illya, who was discarded because of Illya's wish "to be a normal human", the Archer card and Illya's wish caused her incarnation. She has no mana source, that's why she has to steal mana from others by kissing them.

From what I saw it seems Kuro was discarded because of Iri and Kiritsugu's decision at Illya's birth. Or rather "sealed" in than discarded for Illya to have carefree childhood. I know it wasn't Kuro at that time but only part of her, past memories. But Illya freed her during that mentioned fight in S1 (or rather it was Kuro who took over and included Archer card, she said so in this episode).

But I was talking about what happened to her after her HG wish in this episode, what was actually changed. Did she stopped being holy grail to become human? Archer card inside her helped her stay in the existence (servant-style kinda) but after the change it's obvious she no longer needs it (so did it disappear?). For her to not disappear after her HG wish it means a) she got source of her own, b) she is regular human now.
Aug 16, 2014 5:16 AM

Sep 2013
Mich666 said:
C-Core said:

From what I saw it seems Kuro was discarded because of Iri and Kiritsugu's decision at Illya's birth. Or rather "sealed" in than discarded for Illya to have carefree childhood. I know it wasn't Kuro at that time but only part of her, past memories. But Illya freed her during that mentioned fight in S1 (or rather it was Kuro who took over and included Archer card, she said so in this episode).

No, it was Illya's wish that caused her to split off from Illya, that's one of the reasons she was so pissed at Illya, as Illya (even if accidentally) tried to rid herself of that part of hers. Illya's wish was an immediate threat to Kuro.

Mich666 said:
But I was talking about what happened to her after her HG wish in this episode, what was actually changed. Did she stopped being holy grail to become human? Archer card inside her helped her stay in the existence (servant-style kinda) but after the change it's obvious she no longer needs it (so did it disappear?). For her to not disappear after her HG wish it means a) she got source of her own, b) she is regular human now.

No, Kuro's "wish" stabilized her corporeal form. She still uses the Archer card like the Servants use the class vessels the Holy Grail initially prepares. She doesn't have a mana source and she isn't human, either. She is a miracle that is still allowed to remain in the world.

FSN Spoilers for non-VN readers:
Aug 16, 2014 10:43 AM
Jul 2014
C-Core said:
Botato said:

i think ilya was younger than 8 in FZ, maybe 4 or 5, since she isn't taller than kiritsugu's waist. this universe may be an alternate timeline after the events of FZ. let say the holy grail can really grant wishes and kiritsugu won it and wished for maybe an end to the holy grail wars or something similar, like maybe sealing all the powers of the servant classes into cards. then Irisviel sealed kuro away since there is no longer a need for her. so ilya continued to live a normal live for 7 to 8 years until the events of this series takes place
Aug 16, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
kcazzz said:

i think ilya was younger than 8 in FZ, maybe 4 or 5, since she isn't taller than kiritsugu's waist. this universe may be an alternate timeline after the events of FZ. let say the holy grail can really grant wishes and kiritsugu won it and wished for maybe an end to the holy grail wars or something similar, like maybe sealing all the powers of the servant classes into cards. then Irisviel sealed kuro away since there is no longer a need for her. so ilya continued to live a normal live for 7 to 8 years until the events of this series takes place

No, Illya is at the least seven in FZ. That's a fact. Her growth is very slow because she's a modified homunculus and Kiritsugu already said she probably wouldn't develop secondary sexual characteristics.

Fate/Zero said:
Having no experience in raising children before Ilyasviel, Kiritsugu doesn't know how they grow up. But he understands that it isn't normal for his daughter, who turns 8 this year, to weigh 15 kilos.

Perhaps, the absurd adjustments she received at birth are the reason. To Kiritsugu and Irisviel, it was obvious she would be late in reaching adulthood. Will her body turn into that of an adult as years pass or not?

No, rather, they had no hope. As a magus, Kiritsugu has already closed his ruthless diagnosis. There is 80 to 90% chances that Ilyasviel's growth will stop before her secondary sex characteristic appear.
CapsuleCoreAug 16, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
C-Core said:

From Assassin fight onward, Illya has been in consistent "I WANT TO BE NORMAL" mode, which is what allowed Kuro to take shape. Kuro simply happens to have the memories that made the original Illya before sealing, so she identifies at that. But she as a being is creation of Illya's wish, due to what Illya is.

The anime failed to adapt that correctly.
Aug 16, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2007
Image:

It's nice when you don't understand why a character does what they do. No... no it isn't. I lied. But we finally find out her reason, and it's because she was aborted as a child or something. It's an alright reason, but now i've been sitting here for half a dozen episodes, frustrated about being withheld motivation for extreme behaviour. It's a bit late, man.

But hey! Now that that's all resolved we can get on with the meat of this show. More fanservice! ^______^
Just gimme more of that short one voiced by Katou Emiri. She is awesome. As is Liz. And maybe Iri will get to do something. Oh man, i'm almost excited for this show when there's no story in sight.
VolblaAug 16, 2014 12:35 PM
Aug 16, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2012
Fai said:
From Assassin fight onward, Illya has been in consistent "I WANT TO BE NORMAL" mode, which is what allowed Kuro to take shape. Kuro simply happens to have the memories that made the original Illya before sealing, so she identifies at that. But she as a being is creation of Illya's wish, due to what Illya is.

C-Core said:
No, it was Illya's wish that caused her to split off from Illya, that's one of the reasons she was so pissed at Illya, as Illya (even if accidentally) tried to rid herself of that part of hers. Illya's wish was an immediate threat to Kuro.

No, Kuro's "wish" stabilized her corporeal form. She still uses the Archer card like the Servants use the class vessels the Holy Grail initially prepares. She doesn't have a mana source and she isn't human, either. She is a miracle that is still allowed to remain in the world.

Men, one has to hate Silver Link that they fail to deliver such vital information over and over again.

Anyway, speaking of Illya, she stopped growing sometime during 5th HGW, she said so in Ataraxia, and from now on she'll never get any older. Though she is probably immortal and wholly dependent on stable supply of mana in the air to live on as well both maids. Illya here may have human body but I still hadn't made my mind whether Kuro can be considered homunculus in this world. Are Sella and Liz homunculi here? And what about Dress of Heaven?
Aug 16, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
Fai said:

C-Core said:

Men, one has to hate Silver Link that they fail to deliver such vital information over and over again.

Anyway, speaking of Illya, she stopped growing sometime during 5th HGW, she said so in Ataraxia, and from now on she'll never get any older. Though she is probably immortal and wholly dependent on stable supply of mana in the air to live on as well both maids. Illya here may have human body but I still hadn't made my mind whether Kuro can be considered homunculus in this world. Are Sella and Liz homunculi here? And what about Dress of Heaven?

Thats something that can be figured out even in the adaptation.It's just way less obvious than I the manga.Well she does look taller in Fsn than she is with Kiritsugu before the 4th starts so she got a bit taller, but that isnt much.

Really doubt it about her being immortal

Kuro shoulnt be considered one, at least her body.
Logically speaking Liz and Sella are stil homunculi. Whether they have any fuctions as homunculi we dont know.
Aug 17, 2014 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Logically speaking Liz and Sella are stil homunculi. Whether they have any fuctions as homunculi we dont know.

Hmm, now I am even more curious what Iri and Kiritsugu did to stop the War. Or are still doing as they are still fighting for their daily lives. As Einzbern castle in Europe was destroyed (maybe with all knowledge there) they could alienate other families as they denied them the means to summon next Holy Grail. Of course, provided there is anyone left in other families. But Magic Association and Holy Church can be dangerous enemies...

...now that I am thinking of it there are at least three adepts for Sealing Designation.

And what I meant before was that Illya would be immortal (aka mana dependable) if no HGW happened. We know she was meant to last at least sixty years.
Mich666Aug 17, 2014 5:28 AM
Aug 17, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
Animations are absolutely fantastic. O.O
Was kinda afraid that they would stay off the manga, but glad they didn't.
The feels were legit.
Aug 17, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
Really cool fight,

Got some answers, and many many more unanswered ones lol
Aug 18, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
I dont want a normal life!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 20, 2014 5:26 PM

Nov 2012
Did Kuro grant her own wish as a holy grail which allowed her to continue living?
Aug 30, 2014 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
now that Irie is back i have a reason to continue this series, i had almost dropped it
Sep 22, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
SanaeSnake said:
Did Kuro grant her own wish as a holy grail which allowed her to continue living?
Hmm seems like it, maybe that means that it's going to start over with the holy grail.
Sep 23, 2014 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I wanted more melodrama, not a final so-good.
Something quite different invee is the context in which Miyu and fought Kuro han, which makes the narrative very good.
The animations are second only to those seen in Fate / Zero, but a trifle!
They also designs beautiful thanks to the brilliant colors and good color design chosen.
I hope it arrives soon as well as another episode dedicated to the fun even in combat.
Oct 12, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
Iri's alchemy made me go hnnnnnngh!
Was nice to see her again. A lot of times in the episode made me go "AWWWWW!!!"
Pretty nice overall.
Oct 18, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
wtf illya kissed... her other self lol.
Nov 29, 2014 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
Aww, Kuro is accepted by Illya and the gang :)

The battle in the beginning was awesome, but the second half was dramatic. Is that thing about Kuro being born as the Holy Grail for the war a spoiler for the rest of the Fate series? (with this being a spin off and all)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2009
Noodle070 said:
Is that thing about Kuro being born as the Holy Grail for the war a spoiler for the rest of the Fate series? (with this being a spin off and all)
Short answer:Yes
Dec 6, 2014 2:18 PM

May 2012
Pretty melodramatic episode, I do wonder what will happen next.
Jan 2, 2015 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty crazy episode~

The battle scene was like... incredible!
Jan 19, 2015 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice episode, Kuro gets to live with them as family now.

And that endcard was badass, as was the fight with Saber Miyu and Archer Kuro.
May 6, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
I just love how Irisviel is so calm and innocent while she was "punishing" both Illyvas

May 27, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
So finally Chloe is one of the good guys now, like everybody already knew would happen. Next episode looks funny, looking forward to it :)
Jul 9, 2015 11:30 PM

May 2014
Pssh, didn't feel a fraction of sadness for her. Bitch deserved to fade away.
Dec 6, 2015 11:35 PM

Jul 2014
794 said:
Pssh, didn't feel a fraction of sadness for her. Bitch deserved to fade away.

But you have to admit, the battle scenes in the first half were decent(considering that it involved 2 elementary magical girls that were fighting like killing machines instead of the typical cuteness). The emotional scene would've been better if it didn't take place in the bath. We already had our fanservice episode. I get it: Japan love them bath scenes but how many do we flipping need!?!?!?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Aug 15, 2016 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Irisveil laying the smack down on her daughters XD Seems like Kuro joins the good side.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 29, 2016 9:11 PM

Sep 2014
i must say. the animation in the series is really good
Oct 25, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 2013
That was an intense fight.

How Irisviel finished the fight was glorious. Poor Illya was punished too.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 13, 2017 9:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
arrives "mom" and repair all!!!! Happy end? x D
Jun 29, 2017 8:23 PM

Jul 2009
I was kinda shedding a tear or two on what happened to Chloe.

In all honesty, she could have been canon in the main story line. They already experimented so many Illya's anyways.

Why is Irisviel always home, but not Kiritsugu????

I still don't know why Irisviel was keeping quiet all this time.

Well at least the fight between Miyu and Chloe was ace.

WTF, why these BD's don't have end cards at all?!?! The 1st season had it. why stop?? :(
Sep 22, 2017 12:34 AM

Jun 2017
Irisviel sure takes things in stride... the fight with Clo and Miyu was pretty sweet, though. As always superb animation.
Jan 6, 2019 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
when you only watch this show for best girl and the yuri lolis but it actually has great fights, characters and story.

I guess people saying this is the best part of FATE were actually right
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 17, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2018
It seems that nigga Illya is stronger than Irisviel.

Well, I feel nothing for nigga Illya.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 22, 2019 9:58 AM

Aug 2019
right that was the most wholesome episode to date in this series, honestly thought i would be more confused on then true meaning of Kuro's existence and the link to the holy grail but they explained it very well so even an egg head like me got it. Still feels really bad that Kuro was the one who was suppose to harbor the weight of the grail and watch as illya lived the happy life.
again Irisveil is mommy material and i want her to make breakfast for me every morning.
Jul 9, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2007
did not expect Chloe to be the Holy Grail!

glad this problem is finally solved, she has family and friends now. :)
Oct 17, 2020 4:51 AM
Aug 2020
Great fight and emotional episode, also I like nuch of Kuro x Illya Kiss, it was really good 😍😍
May 18, 2021 1:52 PM

Aug 2018
Ok, so everything was Chloe's revenge, because she was banished for years, or something like that?.. Well, no idea, how was her consciousness during these years, if she floated in some space, or if it was short like a dream..
Other than that.. I did not like or dislike this, I guess.. It makes sense, what they say, I guess.. But also I don't relate to Chloe as a character..
Also, mom not telling, why she sealed Chloe - is a question as well.. Her shrugging this off is kind of a dick move.. Like Chloe was being not cooperative dick herself towards others for quite some time.. But this mom can be no better..
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

105 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

78 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

134 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

91 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

103 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.