Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, well that fight got interrupted fast and not just by Illya as well.

Lol poor Kuro. She definitely underestimate her opponents a bit:

Oh Kuro, her rage in the bath. Someone give her a hug. The ending made me lol though.
Stark700Aug 13, 2014 10:20 AM
Aug 13, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2012
manga is still better but good ep.
Aug 13, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
Wow. Just like episode 6 of season 1 things got way to serious all of a sudden. Not that I didn't like it or anything. So much happened in one ep. I might have to back and recap a bit.

The fight scene was superb. The 3D panning surprisingly didn't didn't feel out of place. Even the car jumping in the middle of the fight. At least they decided to 2D animate over it so it wouldn't look too out of place.

Did that Kuro development have to happen when everyone is naked though?
Aug 13, 2014 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
Enough with the bath already. The first season was great without needing this level of uncomfortable fanservice :/
Aug 13, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
I agree that the emotional moment would've been even better if they weren't in the bath -.- But it was really good. Dem Feelz T^T Kuro is <3 Props to Saito Chiwa :3

Illya getting jelly of her going to Shiro "Onii-chan" right away was lol XD Kuro is kawaii though <3

The fight at the beginning was pretty DAMN EPIC!! Loving the FSN OST Remixes. Really good. The 3D wasn't that bad. But the animation during the drawn scenes was even better. All in all great fight :3 Not as epic as ep6 of S1 though ofc XD
Aug 13, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 2014
The fight was presented in good manner. The OST throughout the episode was very enjoyable again.

Oh look, a wild 300SL appears. Iri smacked Kuro pretty hard with her alchemy strings.

The second half of the episode got very serious and full of feels. Learning the truth behind the Einzbern homunculi wasn't easy. I'm glad that Illya acknowledged Kuro as a person.

Kinda shot herself in the leg though, since she now has some major competition for Shirou. Funny how Liz was trying to feed Kuro some Pocky though, lol.
Aug 13, 2014 12:04 PM

May 2013
Kuro is now part of the family. Laughed at the end there.
Aug 13, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2010
The secret is out about Ilya's strength during the past season and the reason who Kuro came to existence.
Luvia and Rin also learned a thing or two the question is what will the do with this knowledge.
And how will living together with Kuro turn out.

Was nice seeing Irysviel again and it was funny to see her hand out punishment like that.
Seems Rin didn't have much influence against her either judging from what she said.
Aug 13, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2007
So yeah, the cat's out of the bag. Kuro is basically FSN-timelines-Illya. "Illya" we followed up until now IS the "fake" - hence why Kuro freaked out over Illya calling her a fake few episodes ago.

This Kerry and Iris chose a different choice than their versions in Fate/Zero and through whatever unholy means managed to at least temporarily seal away Illya's existance as einzbern homunculus.

Through whatever means they did it is unknown, but 4th war did not come to pass, thus resulting in significantly different timeline compared to FSN. Chances are, whatever it was, Iris and Kerry are still paying the price (note how they are always absent from home?).

In the same manner of how Shirou taking different action has us observe HF, UBW and Fate worlds, this is yet another timeline, but this one does not split off at the FSN's prologue fight, this splits off before Fate/Zero events take place.

The first being Kuro - The Illya who should have been - was denied her chance at her life by them. I doubt the consequences of their decision will remain put off for too long. Every action has a consequence.

ihusmal1234 said:
Wow. Just like episode 6 of season 1 things got way to serious all of a sudden.

Do you even nasuverse? Its a common pattern in FSN franchise with things turning darker as it goes on.
Aug 13, 2014 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the scene after the end credit. It is pretty heartwarming to see Kuro is now part of the family.

Kuro called Shirou "Onii-chan," right away. Illya went on Yandere mode...lol.
Aug 13, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
Don't underestimate Iri xD
Pretty good episode, the fight between Kuro and Miyu was pretty nicely done.
Props to Saito Chiwa, the scene in the bath (again) was pretty emotional.
Dat End xD Does Liz think Kuro is some kind of pet? xD

Aug 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
the action scene was like 11/10
the rest felt poorly executed. what a shame. like maybe show ilya running up to kuro and then cut scene into a kiss. kind of like a shoujo manga?! :(
ah well. good episode nonetheless.
Aug 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Nov 2013
Yay action!

Iri!!!!
Hahaha DAT punishment. Poor Kuro got the punishment twice.

Fanservice wasn't really needed, but whatever. 4/5
Aug 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2009
And 3 eps remain for Bazett...kinda worried about that.

I guess even Kuro didint realize that more than 10 years have passed."New" Ilya must have been in a coma or something for 8 years or so.

The only problem I have with both adaptations is that the jokes arent executed well.
Aug 13, 2014 12:43 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Archer Kuro vs. Saber Miyu was epic! Didn't know Miyu was this strong to be on par with Kuro!

Irisviel's entrance was quite a surprise in the midst of the battle! I like how she disciplined both Kuro and Illya. XD

Some Kuro feels in the bath., Quite emotional..
Nice seeing Illya wanting her to exist and fulfill her own wish. (^^)

Silly Shirou saying Kuro is an illegitimate child and getting punched in the rib by Sella was pretty funny!
Liz probably took a liking to her already, trying to tame her with Pocky. XD

Illya getting jealous of Kuro instantly getting close to Shirou was hilarious! Lucky guy. -.-

Good episode. I was expecting Kiritsugu to get involved but that's probably unlikely..

Aug 13, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

I guess even Kuro didint realize that more than 10 years have passed."New" Ilya must have been in a coma or something for 8 years or so.

The only problem I have with both adaptations is that the jokes arent executed well.

I already wrote on how I think they will adapt it and there are multiple places where they can cut away into hiatus. Complete with a fitting cliffhanger/dundundunnnn.
That leaves enough material for another 10 episode season in the spring, very fitting one considering how FSN will most likely cliffhanger UBW first cour's end.

Kuro was "asleep" till she got a body via Third. She is unaware of anything in that period of time, even though she has Illya's experiences.
AhenshihaelAug 13, 2014 12:47 PM
Aug 13, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

I already wrote on how I think they will adapt it and there are multiple places where they can cut away into hiatus. Complete with a fitting cliffhanger/dundundunnnn.

Kuro was "asleep" till she got a body via Third. She is unaware of anything in that period of time, even though she has Illya's experiences.

She seemed to know many things about Ilya and she should have noted the difference in time,since you know , she actually has memories of her 8 month old self.
And Ilya who was "awake" all this time thinks she is only 10 years old.
Aug 13, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:

She seemed to know many things about Ilya and she should have noted the difference in time,since you know , she actually has memories of her 8 month old self.
And Ilya who was "awake" all this time thinks she is only 10 years old.

Knowledge =/= Awareness.

"Illya" was the one who was aware. Kuro was not aware of the passage of time or her own existence till Saber fight.
Since she has Illya's experiences, and Illya thinks she is ~10 years old, its only normal for her to be confused at timeline since she should not be if its 10 years already since her sealing.
Aug 13, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
Shaniyaz said:
Archer Kuro vs. Saber Miyu was epic! Didn't know Miyu was this strong to be on par with Kuro!
It's the Saber card that gave her power to match Kuro.
And Kuro would have a serious problem if Miyu was using the card's power properly.
Aug 13, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Shaniyaz said:
And Kuro would have a serious problem if Miyu was using the card's power properly.

On other hand though

Aug 13, 2014 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

On other hand though

Proper Archer Kuro,in close distance, while using only K&B would still lose against a proper Saber Miyu.
Aug 13, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:

On other hand though

Proper Archer Kuro,in close distance, while using only K&B would still lose against a proper Saber Miyu.

Proper Archer Kuro would not be in close distance nor using K&B against Saber Miyu though.
Aug 13, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Proper Archer Kuro would not be in close distance nor using K&B against Saber Miyu though.
Point, but I am talking about this fight.
Aug 13, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
Powerlevel discussions, yay.

Almost as good as waifu wars.
Aug 13, 2014 1:23 PM
Jan 2012
With them doing the lighter parts now I fear the possibility of
Just speculation but the smoking gun would be

I do oddly find this not as funny as in the manga
Aug 13, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
My god the action animation between Miyu (Saber) and Kuro (Archer) was so amazing, I replayed that scene for like 10x now. LOL Mommy is too powerful when she knock down Kuro then Illya XD.

I guess Kuro's motivations and answers from the bath scenes were okay, but it felt off when it comes to fanservice and stuff, kind of distracting tbh.

LOL the epilogue was pretty funny when Kuro is getting close to Shiro then Illya getting jealous.

Aug 13, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
Loved the episode, great fight. But did the reveal really have to happen in the bath..... apart from that amazing as usual.
Aug 13, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
C-Core said:

Nothing is as good as waifu wars. Devoid of logic, stupid, and extremely entertaining whether you are taking part or just observing :3
Aug 13, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2013
BeatOfRebirth96 said:
Does Liz think Kuro is some kind of pet? xD

Well, she does nothing but pet Illya (her sister does ALL the work around the house).

Also, I am only one that thought that when Liz tried to put a pocky in Kuro's mouth she went for what she really wants to put there? :/ *die shirou die*

omega_d94 said:
I guess Kuro's motivations and answers from the bath scenes were okay, but it felt off when it comes to fanservice and stuff, kind of distracting tbh.

Was I the only one that was only distracted by Iri's huge rockets (which appeared on screen for mere seconds)?

One question, if Kuro is truly is aiming for shirou as well as Illya, then what happened to the maid switch in Illya? one of the two should be a hardcore yuri sadist.
mangamuscleAug 13, 2014 1:55 PM
Aug 13, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2007
AllTJAck said:
With them doing the lighter parts now I fear the possibility of
Just speculation but the smoking gun would be

I do oddly find this not as funny as in the manga

Won't happen . THye have been hinting Miyu stuff way too much to do that.
Aug 13, 2014 2:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
holy shit suddenly actual PLOT, I'm amazed :3

nah but seriously that was a great episode
Aug 13, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
Botato said:
C-Core said:

Nothing is as good as waifu wars. Devoid of logic, stupid, and extremely entertaining whether you are taking part or just observing :3

Iri-mama best milf.
Aug 13, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
well best episode so far
however, from the preview we can thell that the show will return to it's mediocrity in the next episode, with fanservice and mundane moments stronger than ever
Aug 13, 2014 3:32 PM
Nov 2010
ssjokg said:

Did they state it somewhere that it was only going to be 10 eps?
Aug 13, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
so.. why did kuro not disappear? is she the grail?
Aug 13, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2007
MrJc said:
ssjokg said:

Did they state it somewhere that it was only going to be 10 eps?

Its speculation based on BD number.

And the fact that you need at least ~5 to 6 more episodes.
Aug 13, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
so much complaining about the fanservice, guess I'm the only one here who 100% hates when sella harms shiro for doing any small thing she feels is offensive.
Aug 13, 2014 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
I may have shed a tear or two D:
this episode was adorable and sad but had a happy ending :)
[/quote]
Aug 13, 2014 4:27 PM
Jan 2014
Good episode, the CG during the fight was epic. Just wondering though:
According to what I know the manga has 27 chapter in total(not include the special which can be turn into OVA) and this ep finish chapter 10, then how the hell are they going to fit 17 chapter into just 4 episodes???
Aug 13, 2014 4:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Fai said:
The first being Kuro - The Illya who should have been - was denied her chance at her life by them. I doubt the consequences of their decision will remain put off for too long. Every action has a consequence.
Yes, Illya and Kuro may have been to per-occupied to ask more questions, but Iri-mama still has some explaining to do.
Aug 13, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2007
Cratex said:
Fai said:
Yes, Illya and Kuro may have been to per-occupied to ask more questions, but Iri-mama still has some explaining to do.

So does Miyu, considering Illya just caught her with Saber-Install, which Miyu should not be able to do.
Aug 13, 2014 5:45 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Cratex said:

So does Miyu, considering Illya just caught her with Saber-Install, which Miyu should not be able to do.
Good point, I've been wondering about that...
Aug 13, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode. The fight was exciting, and now we know the truth about Illya and Kuro. Nice to see that Kuro is part of the family now.
Aug 13, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
Iri really is something
Aug 13, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
Funny how the MC usually has to hide/explain the existence of someone like Kuro - just as Iliya had up till now. And there Irisviel goes and makes it official within a few hours or so after "meeting" Kuro - the perks of being the family head.

The fanservice continues strong. Maybe *too* strong, given that they spent what felt like half the episode in the bath - especially given that they did that the last two or three episodes before already. On top of that, both Miyu and Kuro aren't exactly covered as Archer/Saber.

I don't mind fanservice, but i don't watch Fate/whatever for the fanservice, there are enough shows that do that without wasting such a detailed universe.
Aug 13, 2014 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
T___T Kuro feels

She found a family, friend, and Onii-chan
Aug 13, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
So are the rest of the episodes gonna be all moe and fun?
Aug 13, 2014 9:04 PM
Nov 2013
The animation was fucking perfect this episode, especially the fight scene between Kuro and Miyu.
IRISVIEL <3 is it me or is she a little... Unsympathetic towards Kuro?
I'm liking 2wei, but the fan service is a little uncomfortable this season. Did the first season have this much? I'm all for fan service but not this kind.

Edit: Saito Chiwa did a great job in the emotional scenes. God I love her
Aug 13, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
Epic fight between Saber Miyu and Archer Kuro. Everything else felt kind of downhill from there on. I couldn't take Kuro seriously because of the bath scene... seriously? Also, if I were Illya, I definitely would have just let Kuro disappear, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 13, 2014 9:22 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I enjoyed that fight between Miyu and Kuro. Silver Link really knows how to deliver on that. Finally we got all the information on what Kuro is. This kinda feels like last episode vibes I can't wait to see where its going to go next!

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

105 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

78 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

134 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

91 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

103 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.