Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 8, 2021 4:24 PM
Aug 2018
Doesn’t matter if there is incest or not. The show is not worth the watch unless you really like crappy magic high school shows like Asterisk or Maou Gakuin.
Sep 25, 2021 10:52 AM
Oct 2020
mytheral said:
I mean... I love Mahouka but its plot is kinda cracked.

The verdict is still out on if you can call them related by DNA even though they were born from the same woman.

Maya (Tatsuya & Miyuki's aunt) did something to Tatsuya when he was in Miya's
(his mother) womb to give birth to the child Maya wanted. Ergo a super soldier who could destroy the world.

Miyuki is a "Perfect" artificial magician or in simple terms a test tube baby. Miyuki's love for Tatsuya was programmed into Miyuki's genetic code by Maya so that Miyuki would always be close to Tatsuya.

It's been stated that there are no possible genetic complications should the two have a child.

Tatsuya's mind has been modified so he can only feel familial emotions for Miyuki.

Do they get engaged? Yes.

Have they ever done anything more than kiss each other on the forehead? No.

Is it incest? Fuck if I know.

Oct 8, 2021 12:49 AM

Jun 2021
Takao_Bl00driver said:
mytheral said:
I mean... I love Mahouka but its plot is kinda cracked.

The verdict is still out on if you can call them related by DNA even though they were born from the same woman.

Maya (Tatsuya & Miyuki's aunt) did something to Tatsuya when he was in Miya's
(his mother) womb to give birth to the child Maya wanted. Ergo a super soldier who could destroy the world.

Miyuki is a "Perfect" artificial magician or in simple terms a test tube baby. Miyuki's love for Tatsuya was programmed into Miyuki's genetic code by Maya so that Miyuki would always be close to Tatsuya.

It's been stated that there are no possible genetic complications should the two have a child.

Tatsuya's mind has been modified so he can only feel familial emotions for Miyuki.

Do they get engaged? Yes.

Have they ever done anything more than kiss each other on the forehead? No.

Is it incest? Fuck if I know.

Well that was pretty obvious lol
Jan 26, 2022 6:10 AM
Dec 2021
Literally dropped this anime after the first 4 episodes because i just couldnt handle Miyuki's personalities: "Onii-sama~" every 5 seconds
Feb 2, 2023 8:15 AM
Mar 2020
Even if they were to get together, I don’t think anyone in the world would care. It’s a society ruled by 10 clans that discriminate against others based on magical ability, and, considering what we’ve seen from elitist noble families throughout our real world history, it’s not a stretch to assume that incest is used to keep the bloodline pure. Not that I’m condoning it, but if it were to happen, their society would probably be fine with it.
Feb 23, 2023 8:02 AM
Mar 2021
The irregular at magic Academy is a Incest anime.And it’s the only reason I'm not watching it anymore. I Don't know what's the problem of the writer that he's making incest novels and it’s getting animated also.I mean if he wants he can make a hentai couldn’t he?So why is he trying to make something that’s just isn’t right no matter how you look on it blood related siblings having romantic feelings and getting married is just not acceptable.
Mar 12, 2023 3:57 AM

Jul 2015
Siblings are obviously into eahother and Tatsuya even says, that he "wouldn't love anyone besides her".
Also, HUGE spoiler:

Mar 19, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2022
Piromysl said:
Siblings are obviously into eahother and Tatsuya even says, that he "wouldn't love anyone besides her".
Also, HUGE spoiler:
Huh? They are blood-related.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 23, 2023 9:19 PM
Feb 2023
Unless the story gets a “telenovela” twist, I think it’s a off putting watching Miyuki essentially controlling Tatsuya who has no other choice cause he has no emotions; apart from protecting his sister. He doesn’t really understand or realise that their situation is not normal and Miyuki is basically taking advantage of that which is so wrong in so many ways.

If the roles were reversed, the show would never have aired.

In any other case, it would easily be considered abuse and harassment but because he is a guy we should just shut up and accept it? If that’s the message I get it, if not, it’s just too uncomfortable, cringe and creepy to watch.
Apr 2, 2023 1:05 AM

Apr 2020
noelaland said:
Unless the story gets a “telenovela” twist, I think it’s a off putting watching Miyuki essentially controlling Tatsuya who has no other choice cause he has no emotions; apart from protecting his sister. He doesn’t really understand or realise that their situation is not normal and Miyuki is basically taking advantage of that which is so wrong in so many ways.

If the roles were reversed, the show would never have aired.

In any other case, it would easily be considered abuse and harassment but because he is a guy we should just shut up and accept it? If that’s the message I get it, if not, it’s just too uncomfortable, cringe and creepy to watch.
Miyuki wasn't one for making Tatsuya love her and her only. She was even horrified when finding out the truth. The only thing she could do was let him feel the only emotions he has. 
The way you are saying is Miyuki straight-up thinks Tatsuya is her toy because that's not it. 
Apr 2, 2023 1:10 AM

Apr 2012
The main point of incest in Mahouka is that the author openly made it "legal", leaving them as brothers and sisters, but adding an excuse in the form of a genetic change, thanks to which, firstly, she is genetically close to him as a half-sister, and secondly , is devoid of those genetic factors that lead to negative consequences in incest. So, incest in Mahouka is kind of like the incest version of legal loli when you're told they're 100+ years old and have the mind of a grown woman. Whether this is enough for you or not is up to you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.