Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
For those wanting to buy the game on Vita, it has a May release date

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/kan-colle-kai-slated-may-japan

getting ready to hate my money..
OSOI!
Dec 26, 2014 8:10 PM

Mar 2012
I tried it, until I looked up and found out the significance of the portrayed ships' historical roles.
Then it became too apologistic for me.
Jan 12, 2015 1:34 PM
May 2010
Yes. I was lucky enough to win the lottery on my first try. :D
Though, it just might have been all the luck I had.
The RNG Goddess is based as fuuuuuck.
Compass girl is actively trying to kill me lol.
"What's that? A storm? IN YOU GO."
Jan 13, 2015 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
I just started playing last friday and it's pretty fun (Got in on my 2nd try after properly setting timers unlike what I had done the first time).

I've already lost a few maidens due to unawareness (multi tasking) = o=''
now the only issue i currently face is dealing with lack of resources (I'm looking at you, fuel!) Thankfully there's always daily quests that at least replenish some of it ^^
Jan 14, 2015 7:42 AM

Dec 2008
Started two or three months back.
Still enjoy it quite a bit though not as active as before.
Just completing dailies, farming resources for LSC and sometimes grinding to level a ship to Kai Ni.
(Allegedly an event is coming up soon in February so Admirals might want to start hoarding resources.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2015 10:28 AM

Jun 2010
I always viewed it as too much effort. Gotta install proxies due to baka gaijins being blocked from playing, then I gotta look up guides and translations, etc. And even after all that, I never felt interested simply due to the fact that they don't even want us to play. Why should I give them my time then? That's why I only waited for the anime...

lol but maybe thats just me.
JattsJan 14, 2015 10:32 AM
Jan 14, 2015 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
I'll just wait for the PS vita version. I don't want to use proxy just to play this game.
Jan 14, 2015 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
I'll just wait for the PS vita version. I don't want to use proxy just to play this game.

There are chances that the PS vita version will blocked IP from outside Japan. The reason why they blocked it is because DMM has some conflict with 18+ titles before. (Feminists issues).

Jan 14, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2011
zetsubousei_hero said:

Well actually there are some easy ways to play it without proxy...

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Proxy_Connection
https://github.com/Yuubari/KanColleViewer/releases

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Jan 14, 2015 11:34 AM

Mar 2013
Alexlung said:
zetsubousei_hero said:

There are chances that the PS vita version will blocked IP from outside Japan. The reason why they blocked it is because DMM has some conflict with 18+ titles before. (Feminists issues).

That depend if the server run through DMM or if the game are standalone w/o Internet require/IP check.
Jan 14, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
momonori said:
zetsubousei_hero said:

Well actually there are some easy ways to play it without proxy...

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Proxy_Connection
https://github.com/Yuubari/KanColleViewer/releases

Too much work and I don't trust the internet these day when involving IP address.
Jan 14, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
Too much work and I don't trust the internet these day when involving IP address.
You only have to do it one time, after that you can use your direct API link to play with changing your IP. i'm playing it for a long without changing my IP address to a japanese one

OT: Yes, I play it.
Jan 14, 2015 12:11 PM
Jul 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:

There are ways to play the game w/o using proxy just like everyone saying on this thread. Start on getting a account now because there's an event coming next month that would probably get you hooked up in the game. :p
Jan 14, 2015 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
dhenz07 said:
zetsubousei_hero said:

There are ways to play the game w/o using proxy just like everyone saying on this thread. Start on getting a account now because there's an event coming next month that would probably get you hooked up in the game. :p

This, the chrome trick works quite well for me
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 14, 2015 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
zetsubousei_hero said:

I myself use Tunnelbear just to login to the site and get an API link before using Kancolle Viewer.
You just have to click, like a single button on Tunnelbear to bypass the region lock. You can turn it off right after getting your API token.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2015 2:19 PM
Feb 2012
Got into the lottery at the end of December, my fleet's been progressing pretty well since then.

Used a proxy to do the lottery, then the cookie method (option 3 on the wiki tutorial page) to actually play the game. Not using any viewers or stuff, just memorized what the stat symbols mean and using the wiki to help translate quests and expeditions and such.
Jan 14, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2008
Lvl. 72 Teitoku here, been playing since August/Sepember last year.
Latest achievements: Upgraded Kirishima and Sendai to Kai Ni
Current woes: Goddamn Hiryu won't drop or craft, Always Soryu.

Why do people see it as a hassle I don't know, but it's so damn easy, and I'm just using the VPN method.
-Install VPN and run the program
-Search a Japanese server with good speeds and ping
-Try to connect to it
-Launch Chrome and just open the Kancolle page

If things went well it won't even take a minute. The usual problems for this method is unstable servers.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 14, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
kaimax said:

Why do people see it as a hassle I don't know, but it's so damn easy, and I'm just using the VPN method.
-Install VPN and run the program
-Search a Japanese server with good speeds and ping
-Try to connect to it
-Launch Chrome and just open the Kancolle page

If things went well it won't even take a minute. The usual problems for this method is unstable servers.

the fastest way would be the API method or the cookie method. the cookie method is probably the fastest and safest since once you added the code to chrome's console you can now play kancolle directly without using any more proxy or tools.

Jan 14, 2015 7:23 PM

Mar 2013
Thanks everyone, I'll give it a shot.
zetsubousei_heroJan 14, 2015 8:03 PM
Jan 14, 2015 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
Yes.
Current aim is to get my Fubuki to Kai Ni (and get that sweet AA equip) before silly anime Kibufu (her gym clothes name tag).
Jan 14, 2015 10:15 PM

Jun 2010
Again, maybe its just me. But to me, its less about the actual game and more about the idea of it all. The fact that we are banned from playing due to being westerners. Afterall, its obvious what the game is based on... WWII. We were enemies, so it would be awkward to open such a game up to us. Also think about it, why else isn't there any allied ships? Because we are the enemies. So yeah... lmao. Plus all the proxy/translation stuff on the side.

Adding this all together, I just don't feel like doing it... lol. Now that the anime is here, I'll just enjoy that and all the fanart and stuff. Not saying others shouldn't, people can do whatever they want! This is just my opinion on the matter. ^______________^
Jan 14, 2015 10:41 PM

Jan 2010
yes.
meanwhile all these secondaries are giving me ebola

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Jan 14, 2015 11:05 PM

Dec 2008
Well I am in Asia though.
Apparently my countrymen were brutally treated if not outright murdered in the past on the other hand.
But none of that has anything to do with our current lives now yeah?
Jan 14, 2015 11:09 PM

Aug 2010
Jatts said:
Again, maybe its just me. But to me, its less about the actual game and more about the idea of it all. The fact that we are banned from playing due to being westerners. Afterall, its obvious what the game is based on... WWII. We were enemies, so it would be awkward to open such a game up to us. Also think about it, why else isn't there any allied ships? Because we are the enemies. So yeah... lmao. Plus all the proxy/translation stuff on the side.

Adding this all together, I just don't feel like doing it... lol. Now that the anime is here, I'll just enjoy that and all the fanart and stuff. Not saying others shouldn't, people can do whatever they want! This is just my opinion on the matter. ^______________^

That may be it. Luckily, we germans were allies with Japan so I don't have any resentment at all. Now, if only I got the Herrenrasse ships for my fleet =/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 14, 2015 11:46 PM

Apr 2008
Level 103 “cheesed half of the game with Iona and Takao” admiral here (I never used Haruna even once in a sortie though due to resource costs). I'm Yuubari on GitHub in case it matters.
Yes, I'm stupid enough to work for the government.
Jan 15, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2012
Lvl 99 Admiral on Iwagawa *salute*
Jan 15, 2015 1:03 AM
Oct 2013
Jatts said:

allies scumbag mentality
Jan 15, 2015 6:43 AM
Nov 2013
Looks like crap, so I'm not interested. I'm not interested in the anime either, just watching because I want.
Jan 15, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
Jatts said:

I share your feelings wholeheartedly.
Jan 15, 2015 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
Jatts said:

Hasn't entered my mind even once, before or while playing the game. And it won't... 'cause it's just a game to me. But hey, each to their own I guess.

Also, region lock/lottery are all non-issues if you're 100% interested in starting the game. Using SoftEther VPN for logging in and getting a new API after an update is really, really easy and fast. The lottery can be annoying though if it runs during an awkward time for you, I'll admit. Translation isn't necessary at all thanks to the English wiki and your own memory.

There's those "Kancolle Viewer" tools and whatever as well... I personally haven't used any of that though.

Well I'm still playing it. 106 HQ on Sukumo Bay Docks. I'm mostly in it for the updates and events at this point though. There's not much else to do for me right now. Though I'm slowly levelling Fubuki a bit further since she's now one of the better DDs in the game with her new remodel.
Jan 15, 2015 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
Jatts said:

You obviously haven't heard of any other Japanese online games. Popular online games such as Love Live! School Idol Festival (Sukufesu or LLSIF), Girlfriend (Kari) (Garufure), etc, are also region-restricted. Do you think they are region-restricted because we are westerners? There must be some other reason why some Japanese online games are region-restricted.

Although Sukufesu did get localisation versions in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. If Kadokawa deems it viable to localise the game in other languages, then they will do it... but I am sure I heard that KanColle is being run at a loss. The servers aren't cheap, demand is still pretty high for server spots, and they don't make nearly as enough revenue as some games such as Sukufesu. So it sort of makes sense why the game is region-restricted, from a few of the reasons I mentioned.
EjcJan 15, 2015 11:09 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.