Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2007
Glorious ep was glorious. If I wasn't going to get evil Hana Kana in Tokyo Ghoul with Rize then I'm happy Seryu delivered with her justice. :D I got no real complaints in this ep but it seems the show just took a crazy change with losing Night Raid members so I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 10, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
What makes Sheele's death even sadder is that she never got to see that friend again from her past. You know, the one that she never saw again after she killed her ex who was on drugs. R.I.P Sheele. Brutal episode.
Aug 10, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Feaor said:

I still am not sure if I'm supposed to take this show seriously or not, on the one hand the villains are just so cartoony and over the top that I can't take them seriously at all, but on the other hand its playing pretty much everything straight like its meant to be taken seriously. Either way I can't wait for the edge to ramp up even further.

You aren't.... I'm not sure if it was you but I already said it's like Jojo, the characters are good, the action is good but the plot and all the antags are really over the top.

If that's the case how on earth am I supposed to take deaths like Sheele's seriously? It can't be over the top and then expect me to take scenes that are supposed to be emotional seriously. It might seem like I'm hating but I'm not, I'm actually enjoying the show more than I thought I would.
Aug 10, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
Feaor said:
skudoops said:

You aren't.... I'm not sure if it was you but I already said it's like Jojo, the characters are good, the action is good but the plot and all the antags are really over the top.

If that's the case how on earth am I supposed to take deaths like Sheele's seriously? It can't be over the top and then expect me to take scenes that are supposed to be emotional seriously. It might seem like I'm hating but I'm not, I'm actually enjoying the show more than I thought I would.

Then just continue to enjoy it. o/
Aug 10, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
WhiteFox, stop making Akame ga Kill even more average than it actually is.
Another meh episode.

I hope they at least manage to make a somewhat interesting filler ending at the end of this 2-cour before they reach the really bad manga chapters.

Don't be this guy
Aug 10, 2014 10:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Raycee said:
Nidhoeggr said:
WhiteFox, stop making Akame ga Kill even more average than it actually is.
Another meh episode.

I hope they at least manage to make a somewhat interesting filler ending at the end of this 2-cour before they reach the really bad manga chapters.

Don't be this guy
He's been that guy since Episode 1.....Just ignore him
Aug 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
Raycee said:

Don't be this guy

He is like that for every show he decides to *grace* with his lovelly presence
Aug 10, 2014 10:15 AM

Feb 2014
LOVED THE EPISODE!
Poor Sheele, R.I.P. Let's see how night raid will deal with that.
Aug 10, 2014 10:15 AM

Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Feaor said:

Then just continue to enjoy it. o/

I'm not allowed to criticize something I enjoy? I have criticisms for even my favorite shows because they still have flaws. Or is it just that I'm not allowed to criticize the show on the forums?
Aug 10, 2014 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
Rule #1 never trust anyone unless they are from night raid...If they are not from Night Raid it means they are lunatic
Aug 10, 2014 10:16 AM
Jun 2014

Man, even after catching up with the manga, tha scene never gets old. Seryu deserves death è_é!
Aug 10, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
JUSTICE has been served.Good episode.
Aug 10, 2014 10:19 AM

May 2014
Oh hi, here's some hate:

The beginning part was cheesy and showed more inconsistencies with the setting, was this supposed to be medieval again?!

And then we get to harem jinks, Leone, you really want Tatsumi's D, since Bulat won't really go for you. And telling that doctor "who like girls" to help those poor souls out is a great idea I might add, it's not like he'll exploit them or anything as well, considering the capital residents.

Who's Scheele and why the heck should I care about her dramatic death when she could've easily killed Seiryu instead of cutting her arms again wasn't she supposed to be only good at killing without remorse?

Nitpickings aside, this was well directed and tried it's damndest to be impactful, too bad the character was simply a doll that did something and had no character or personality to her to sympathize the loss.

Next episode we'll be back to SoL fluff.

5/5 - Got "good", plz kill Esdesu already.
Aug 10, 2014 10:21 AM
Oct 2010
Feaor said:
skudoops said:

Because of attachment to the character? I mean did you like sheele or no? That's how they are playing it. Strange question, but what are you actually enjoying about this?
Aug 10, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2014
There it is.

Poor Sheele man.... fucking painful....

Seriously though, this episode was amazing and the lack of censors on CR was great. One thing that I want to point out about this episode is the OST and sound effects. Every time a sword collided it just like "DA BASS!!!" And the OST was just sweet!!!

And when Sheele used her special move for the first time, I got instant goosebumps. The OST just went wild there.

Anyways, this is where AgK really shines. No more fucking around.
Aug 10, 2014 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, great episode. Although Sheele died, atleast this anime proves that it wont be the kind of anime where all the main characters survive. Looking forward to see what other shocking events we will encounter later on in the show. 9/10
Aug 10, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
That soundtrack though.
CHA CHA CHA
Aug 10, 2014 10:23 AM

Dec 2011
Dayum HanaKana... Her voice is epic as Seryu even though I hate that character.
OST was good. Decent episode.
Aug 10, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
I always thought Seryuu was one of the more interesting characters from the manga, I'd say the anime has done a suitable job with her depiction. Mine was right though, Seryuu was only doing her job, and truly believed that she dished out justice against evil doers. She seems psychotic, but the same could be said for Sheele and the rest of Night Raid. Very sad scene though, Sheele was cool.

Aug 10, 2014 10:27 AM

May 2014
skudoops said:
Because of attachment to the character? I mean did you like sheele or no? That's how they are playing it.
What attachment? Her name was Scheele? All I saw was some dumb broad die and I'm supposed to care?
Aug 10, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
FINALLY. SERYU. Took long enough. This was what I was waiting for.

Seryu is the best. Favourite character aside from one other (Introduced later).
Nop.
Aug 10, 2014 10:28 AM
Dec 2011
Best episode.
Aug 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Feaor said:

Because of attachment to the character? I mean did you like sheele or no? That's how they are playing it. Strange question, but what are you actually enjoying about this?

The problem I have is that because so much of the show is so ridiculous that the juxtaposition of serious scenes and ridiculous scenes takes me out of the experience a bit and makes the serious scenes less impactful to me. As for what I'm enjoying about it, I'm honestly not quite sure, probably the sheer ridiculousness of everything, I can help but laugh at scenes like Seryu getting her arms cut off only to reveal that she has a gun implanted in her arm.
Aug 10, 2014 10:35 AM
Jul 2013
Awesome episode and the best part is it isn't censored. Good Thing.

RIP Sheele ='( When I was reading this chapter on the manga I was so mad how the
author made Sheele's death so Brutal >< Cut in half and then got eaten alive by Snoopy (Koro) .

Seryuu die bitch!
Aug 10, 2014 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
T3hSource said:
skudoops said:
Because of attachment to the character? I mean did you like sheele or no? That's how they are playing it.
What attachment? Her name was Scheele? All I saw was some dumb broad die and I'm supposed to care?

What attachment? and all u knew was that her name was Scheele? Did you not watch the last episode?
Aug 10, 2014 10:36 AM
May 2014
@Faeor
Well then, why don't you just keep enjoying it and stop questioning everything. Just go with the flow dude no need to overthink evrrything if you enjoy it then that's what matters the most.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Aug 10, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2014
OH HOLY SHIT.
Nothing has caught me off guard like that since Attack on Titan...
I wonder if they are going to recover her Imperial arms?
And yeah WTF Sheele, you had the chance to cut off her head, but you only removed her guns?
That was a stupid, pointless death, made possible by plot holes, that was only there for shock factor. You will not convince me otherwise.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 2011
Was alright.
Wasn't until this episode that I learned the now deceased megane girl's name.

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:

Pfft, watch good shows then and see me write praise for them.
It's quite sad that you cannot express a diverging opinion without being branded a hater or whatever. Are you so insecure about this show's qualities that you cannot tolerate other opinions?
And I didn't even say it is bad. I just said it is average.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 10, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
I watched the uncut version.

Bestial episode, the best so far. Awsome OST. Fantastic adaptation.

RIP Scheele

May 2014
FlamingMangos said:
T3hSource said:

What attachment? and all u knew was that her name was Scheele? Did you not watch the last episode?
A week ago and that's how much I remember her, shows how much of a lasting impression she's left really. Do you not want compelling human characters you actually care about dying?

kikohunter said:
@Faeor
Well then, why don't you just keep enjoying it and stop questioning everything. Just go with the flow dude no need to overthink evrrything if you enjoy it then that's what matters the most.
Japan is doing just that, enjoying Infinite Stratos.
The Komori

Mar 2013
FlamingMangos said:
T3hSource said:

He's trolling you all xD
Aug 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, that are some twisted power-ups.
Gotta love the "Zetsubou" faces.
Still, I guess should try to care about the character who've just died.
Lastly, since when he have dudes in sunglasses and suits in a medieval(?) setting ?
Aug 10, 2014 10:42 AM
Oct 2010
T3hSource said:
skudoops said:

They gave her the spotlight last week, so whether you care or don't doesn't really allow you to pretend you have no clue who the character was.
Aug 10, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
JoksPacifist said:

I find that hard considering the way the author characterizes them before they die is very transparent and takes almost every unpredictability out of it.
Fun fact: if most pople (like in the manga forums) can guess the deaths froma mile away they are not suprising, despite people's proclamation of it.
Aug 10, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
JoksPacifist said:
Lastly, since when he have dudes in sunglasses and suits in a medieval(?) setting ?

It's not really a medieval setting. Or did you miss the assault rifle in episode one
Aug 10, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Darklight0303 said:

It's quite sad that you cannot express a diverging opinion without being branded a hater or whatever. Are you so insecure about this show's qualities that you cannot tolerate other opinions?

Since when did "meh" become divergent opinion?
Aug 10, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
JoksPacifist said:

It's not really a medieval setting. Or did you miss the assault rifle in episode one
Then what's with the swords and melee weapons everyone's using?
Aug 10, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
Raycee said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Since when did "meh" become divergent opinion?

I fail to comprehend.
Saying that you do not like it or that it is average is not an opinion now? If you think so I think YOU need to read up on what an opinion is...
Aug 10, 2014 10:47 AM
Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
Putting torture scene with Esdese in comedic short.
Are you retarded White Fox? Ommiting scenes like this from anime will make some morons believe she is redeemable character.

It's still not guaranteed that WF have omitted that scene from the next episode. Don't worry too much about it, though I do know where your coming from.

Moonchipz said:
Also, I hate to double post.

I didn't like doing it either, until I found out about the magical Edit button.

kikohunter said:
HOLY SHIT. This episode was BRUTAL. Based WHITE FOX and no censor at that! 10/10 this episode was beautifull not even one complaint.

I knew you would say that and I completely agree.

T3hSource said:

The beginning part was cheesy and showed more inconsistencies with the setting, was this supposed to be medieval again?!

It was never said that the setting was set during a medieval timeline...
It's pretty much a fictional world mixed with elements from a variety of timelines.
Just because the medieval elements stand out the most, doesn't mean it's strictly medieval.
T3hSource said:

Who's Scheele and why the heck should I care about her dramatic death when she could've easily killed Seiryu instead of cutting her arms again wasn't she supposed to be only good at killing without remorse?

You should know enough to care for her death, even if it's just a little. If you've watched the previous episode, that is. While her character might still lack, it's not as bad as the characters from Glasslip for example...[/quote]
T3hSource said:

plz kill Esdesu already

How about no.

Apr 2014
Also.. It's become real apparent how overdone the blood spurting everywhere is... It's kind of hilarious, actually. Makes the scenes less serious in my honest opinion.
Nop.
Jun 2014
holy fuck Justin-chan or whatever her name is fucking insane. Having guns inplanted in her arms what the fuck. In her mouth too damn. Why does the dude that hate the anime always come on this forum and complain about it the fuck?
Aug 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
BullSmit said:
Also.. It's become real apparent how overdone the blood spurting everywhere is... It's kind of hilarious, actually. Makes the scenes less serious in my honest opinion.

True, but it will also not stop. After all, only blood and gore makes it "adult" and "mature"...
Aug 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
T3hSource said:
Darklight0303 said:

Then what's with the swords and melee weapons everyone's using?

It's a mix. Come on don't tell me this is the first time ever that you've seen both fantasy and tech mixed in. SEriously find something better to bitch about or just go away. Going away would be appreciated
Aug 10, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Uncensored best censored.

RIP Sheele, Justice-bitch better fucking die soon. Episode itself was amazing though.

Dec 2011
Ohoooo, the red-light district, it's time to see some action!

The way Leone transformed was rather awesome to be honest.

Damn, the looks that Tatsumi and Leone had on their faces after seeing what those bastard were doing to the girls was freaking epic.

Oh yeah! Synchronized epic line!

I'm still amazed at the fact that they have guns...

Even though those guy didn't stood a chance against Tatsumi and Leone, the action was good with all of those body parts flying around XD.

Leone blushing and then teasing Tatsumi was really cute :3

Holy crap... It's absolute justice time!

Those sudden personality changes that Seryuu has... or that's her real personality probably lol.

So Coro just regenerated like it was nothing huh? Oh, Mine just said why he regenerated, never mind XD.

I can say for sure that the fighting scenes are really good this episode.

I wonder what will Seryuu do now without her arms.

Oh my god... Seryuu is a freaking scary lunatic...

Mine nooooo! Ah, Sheele saved her, phew.

Justice is server my ass! A gun in her freaking mouth? How much they modify her body...

Holy crap... Sheele... no... she just got bitten in half... what a way to die... T.T

OMG, even the rest of the guys from her squad or w/e are shocked at how messed up Seryuu really is...

They're faces when they heard that Sheele was killed T.T

Damn... it would seem another monster has returned to the capital...

Even though I'd like Tatsumi to be the one that kills Seryuu, I guess Mine will kill her in the end... or who knows...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jan 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
True, but it will also not stop. After all, only blood and gore makes it "adult" and "mature"...

I don't think anyone said it's adult or mature. It's still a shounen, after all.
Aug 10, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
BullSmit said:

No one has said anything about blood making anything mature but you. So I really have no idea what you are trying to pull here.
Aug 10, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:

It would've been nice to see it toned down and more realistic, if you could put it in that sense, but I don't see that happening with AgK given the design in general, which is fair.

I've actually started to watch it as more of a comedy than anything serious. It's more enjoyable this way.
Nop.
Aug 10, 2014 10:55 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
It's a mix. Come on don't tell me this is the first time ever that you've seen both fantasy and tech mixed in. SEriously find something better to bitch about or just go away. Going away would be appreciated
No, I haven't, because it makes absolutely no sense. Magic, power ups, and the like,OK.
Modern ranged weapons vs melee... WTF?

And you can go away as well ರ_ರ

Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1367 by CloudJ »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

610 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 19, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

330 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

472 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.