Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NEW ARC.

So we get some info on this philosopher stone. Shiba Sayurim makes her appearance in this episode. They talk a bit about research but that conversation sure went South.

At this rate, I'm assuming 2 chapters per episode with some additional anime content probably to cover this arc. Obviously they're going to skip the Summer arc. Maybe they will animate those in OVAs or something.
Stark700Aug 9, 2014 10:05 AM
Aug 9, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
New arc time. Not much new scenes in OP. Alchemist... then report writing for a sempai and deadline soon. Stepmother incoming. So he entered the academy just to be his sister's guardian. He got requested to analyze relic.

Sister's servicing brother time again. Then showing someone interested in relic.

Wow, his brain is sharp that he's interested in something other than the main thing.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 9, 2014 9:53 AM
Oct 2012
I will give Madhouse some credit here, though it was a great weakness for much of the series, I like how his fellow students are both slowly starting to figure out and slowly starting to accept that there is something very strange about Tatsuya. Erika in the coffee shop was this episodes example of it, Saegusa has been in several of the prior episodes. This is some that collectively becomes more interesting as time goes by, and is very deliberate, but the downside was that it really weakened the first dozen episodes.

But now it has become a form of a "running joke" (though not a joke per se).

Episode is very heavy in the exposition, so be forewarned.

Another thing I like is that Miyuki is now using her relationship with her brother more as a weapon in itself rather than just being gushy about it. She used it against Erika when she called her a Bro-con, used it against Ichijo last episode, and used it again this one. When the "oniisama's" have a specific point, they are not nearly as annoying as they were at the start. Also with the maid outfit, they did it with more a sense of her playing with Tatsuya than again being gushy, so that is fine as well.

The sniper scene pretty much explains why Tatsuya has to have the reboot power. I brought this up back in 3 or 4, but sniping IS the best weapon for normals against magicians, the Terrorist Organization should have used it against the First School, so it was nice that they used it here against the Japanese agent. As a front line agent, without his auto heal, Tatsuya would be one dead MC, so the author needed to give him the ability to overcome it. Also the need for Elemental Sight has now been explained. An agent needs to be able to take out the sniper as well.

So that scene was very efficient in fleshing out Tatsuya's skill set. This ties back to how his instructor was casually breaking them apart in a compare and contrast discussion back during the competition.

Nice to also see that Tatsuya is starting to bring Miyuki more into knowing what was going on. Keeping her innocent is the worse thing he could have done to her. I am still waiting to see her cut loose like Tatsuya did last episode.

So continuing the head of steam from the 13th episode, makes looking forward to next week worth it.
Aug 9, 2014 10:09 AM

May 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
I will give Madhouse some credit here, though it was a great weakness for much of the series, I like how his fellow students are both slowly starting to figure out and slowly starting to accept that there is something very strange about Tatsuya. Erika in the coffee shop was this episodes example of it, Saegusa has been in several of the prior episodes. This is some that collectively becomes more interesting as time goes by, and is very deliberate, but the downside was that it really weakened the first dozen episodes.

This technique is called lampshading. Doesn't necessarily excuse anything, as something needs to happen with whatever you're lampshading to be effective. Merely pointing it out in-universe doesn't do much.
Aug 9, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2008
wrenchbread said:
Takuan_Soho said:

This technique is called lampshading. Doesn't necessarily excuse anything, as something needs to happen with whatever you're lampshading to be effective. Merely pointing it out in-universe doesn't do much.

Nothing at this point would excuse this show for you so how about you stop pretending.
Aug 9, 2014 10:32 AM

May 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Nothing at this point would excuse this show for you so how about you stop pretending.

You seem awfully mad. Did something happen?
Aug 9, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
wrenchbread said:
Darklight0303 said:

You seem awfully mad. Did something happen?

Your repeated drivel is tiresome.
Aug 9, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Your repeated drivel is tiresome.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=118125

Then use this if you feel that way.
Aug 9, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2009
That sniper guy will be missed and forever remembered. He was so close to killing Oniisama. Too bad Jesus Oniisama is all-powerful that he won't die even if killed. Sasuga Oniisama.

I hear Yusa Kouji as Zhou and Toyoguchi Megumi as Sayuri. Two more big names to the cast list.
Aug 9, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
First he solves the mystery behind flying with magic... now he's trying to solve nuclear fusion?!?!

He's also the main man behind an international CAD supplier that's run by his step-mother?!?!

Then he immediately heals a shot to the heart?!?!

I know I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, but WTF O.O
Aug 9, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
AzureAlert said:

He's also the main man behind an international CAD supplier that's run by his step-mother?!?!

She's talking about FLT and the Flying Magic.

AzureAlert said:

Then he immediately heals a shot to the heart?!?!

I know I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, but WTF O.O

Didn't you watch episode 3 and 16? Why would you be surprised that he has instant auto-regen?
Aug 9, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
belatkuro said:
That sniper guy will be missed and forever remembered. He was so close to killing Oniisama. Too bad Jesus Oniisama is all-powerful that he won't die even if killed. Sasuga Oniisama.

so close, really.. i thought that tatsuya will die for sure at the moment hahah
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
That was actually pretty good ^^

Chiba looks weird XD Didn't expect dot eyes lol

So they did completely skip the elections it seems ^^ Well to be expected :P

Miyuki just keeps wearing clothes showing more and more skin every time :3...in front of her Onii-sama XD

Dat Engrish :O I didn't expect they'd make them speak English when I was reading the LNs ^^;

Dat sniping shot! Tatsuya really got hit hard there in the Kokoro! But his payback was awesome with elemental sight XD Poor BA sniper. Chose the worse enemy possible :P
Aug 9, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
another arc, this time will be more combat with terrorist (?) not with students? more interesting, we will see how strong "onii-sama" without limiter.

love erika with her new hairstyle, kawaii~~

First High will include Silver in Thesis Competition? isn't that a cheat? o.0
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm

Oct 2013
AzureAlert said:
millie10468 said:
[...] Didn't you watch episode 3 and 16? Why would you be surprised that he has instant auto-regen?

I know, that's why I wrote "I know I really shouldn't be surprised at this point." Didn't you read my post?

I know. I read. It's just that you made it sound like you "were" surprised even though you shouldn't be at this point.

Nov 2011
im diggin erika's new hairstyle
Pony tails Ftw!
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 9, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2008
Dat auto-regeneration. Good ep can't wait to see more.

Btw. So when oniisama will turn into Iron-man niisama LOL? When I see that scene at the end of second op I'm always thinking "Iron-man?".
Aug 9, 2014 12:01 PM
Jan 2011
ShAd0w said:

Btw. So when oniisama will turn into Iron-man niisama LOL? When I see that scene at the end of second op I'm always thinking "Iron-man?".

You should be thinking of Batman.

The onii-sama that Miyuki needs, but not the one she deserves.
Aug 9, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
AzureAlert said:
millie10468 said:

I know. I read. It's just that you made it sound like you "were" surprised even though you shouldn't be at this point.

OK, now I know that you read that I know that I know that you read that I watched ... wait what?

Hahaha. I'm confused myself :)
Aug 9, 2014 12:11 PM
Apr 2008
I can't be the only one who thought this when he got shot, hahaha.

Aug 9, 2014 12:14 PM
Dec 2012
Rather than batman to me Tatsuya in OP looks like venom to me with the reflection.
Also, looking at this episode, looks like they're gonna try to rush through the details, packing as much as possible. 8 episode seem possible, they might even cover the thesis incident in 1 episode and the final battle in 2. This makes the NSC felt really dragged out.

Btw, there's something bugging me. Between 19:25 - 19:50, what's the phrase that's repeating in the soundtrack? sounded like otome rabu or something to me..
Aug 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2009
'man that sniper mustve been top tier, the best of the best to hit someone in dark thousand miles away with a sniper rifle'

but here we got some dude with a pistol LOL.
Aug 9, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Just like the start of any new arc, we got lots of talking and explaining in this one but I think that I was able to keep up with it (barely I belive). At least we got a little taste of Tatsuya god-mode action and Miyuki in DAT APRON... Onii-sama...

dankzelAug 9, 2014 1:29 PM
Aug 9, 2014 12:20 PM
Jan 2011
Too bad for Mr. Sniper, so I hope this new arc becomes more intense. Frankly, seeing Tatsuya always wining with ease is starting to get boring.
Aug 9, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
TBH this episode, has so much crammed information in here and it is pretty difficult for me to grasp all these magic term words, and organization. Well, it is the start of the new arc, so I expect this to have some twist in them. A little backstory on the Shiba's mother and Sayuri introduced as the 2nd mother.

Thesis Competition, Nino Magatan, Relics, and the Great Asian Alliance, all of this one episode.... Yeah I'm going to have difficulty understanding these.

But what I like is that the intensity he got shot and then fired back at the sniper, looks pretty cool.

Aug 9, 2014 12:32 PM
Nov 2013
They really skipped it

MY HONOKA SHIPPING
MY BEACH EPISODE
MY LOLICON
MY SNOW QUEEN MIYUKI COUNCIL ELECTION

WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME

I guess it's needed. For the plot. Yes, for the plot. LET'S MOVE FORWARD. ONWARDS, ONII-SAMA.

Yes, that's our onii-sama. Healing shots everywhere.

Mahouka Koukou no Kami-sama strikes again!

Miyuki's voice sounds different for some reason. Oh well.
Aug 9, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
belatkuro said:

I hear Yusa Kouji as Zhou and Toyoguchi Megumi as Sayuri. Two more big names to the cast list.

This is so true, it's a really close call. If his heart got sniped, then he'd be dead for sure. he was lucked out xD
I didn't expect they'd make them speak Englih, and moreover it's not really that much engrish style on it.

This episode is really goood, I like it except the fact that Madhouse skipped how the Student Council President election was held in the LN.

Aug 9, 2014 12:44 PM

May 2012
ohh onii samaaa haha
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 9, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2013
Wow
there`s actually an action in the first episode of new arc :D
Aug 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2010
One should have been used to it by now, but this car chase/action scene felt so horribly off with the leftout narration and monologues. And this harbor running scene was kinda hard on the eyes with them constantly wobbling back and forth while talking.
Aug 9, 2014 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tatsuya is going to use the Philoshophers Stone to get his emotions back or what? In any case, he should ask the Elric brothers what they're made out of first.

The Sayuri Shiba lady was really asking a lot of her outfit. Best to buy something a size bigger.

Dat Apron.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 9, 2014 1:03 PM
Nov 2013
Kind of sad they skipped this from the LN :

Would be hilarious to watch.

Also sad they didn't show us the part where Tatsuya pinches Miyuki's nose for her "childish behavior" in front of Sayuri. Would be a nice moment.

These are just details, though. But this covered a lot of stuff... I think this is gonna be rushed.
Aug 9, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2014
the sister/brother complex is starting to annoy me. I was hoping they would play it off as a lie he is using to protect her so they could be together in the end. but i don't think that will happen after i keep meeting their family members.
Aug 9, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2010
Spoilers: The Philosopher's Stone is made of human souls. Quick, call the Elric brothers!
Aug 9, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2014
Edm1321 said:
They really skipped it

MY HONOKA SHIPPING
MY BEACH EPISODE
MY LOLICON

WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME

I guess it's needed. For the plot. Yes, for the plot. LET'S MOVE FORWARD. ONWARDS, ONII-SAMA.

Don't worry we may have OVA's for those 2 chapters,and both had some slight fanservice,Madhouse is mad if they don't animate them :)
Aug 9, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
Didn't understand shit from what happen in this episode, oh well, need to rewatch it some time later.
Aug 9, 2014 1:14 PM

Sep 2013
The 2 guys kicking ass :)
It looks like the sword one could have owned the new bad guys by himself so Tatsuya will rofl stomp them.

Sniper thinking he can kill Tatsuya lol XD

Miyuki looking good in that apron :O
Aug 9, 2014 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
It was an alright episode but seriously that Auto-regen ability is too OP. He took a sniper bullet and healed in like 5 seconds. Also, the incest was really strong this episode too....
Aug 9, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
setup episode for the remaining episodes

pretty good
Aug 9, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
Wow they really skipped volume 5. I highly doubt they'll make an OVA for it. It will be too late for that anyway.

Mostly a set-up episode. Pacing was pretty good. Though Tatsuya heals insanely fast thanks to Flash Cast he's not immortal. Miyuki was cute in that apron <3
Aug 9, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2010
llcruz said:
Didn't understand shit from what happen in this episode, oh well, need to rewatch it some time later.

oh look someone else couldnt handle the mumbo jumbo..yep this show is filled to the brim with it and you dont have to feel bad if you dont understand shit. thats only natural, just most ppl dont admit it.

this show is nothing else but future harry potter with an incest twist.
Aug 9, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2012
Tatsuya isn't anything divine, he's just fucking Game Genie with all those hacks.

Also they should just hurry up and make some genetically disordered babies, in which mr. Game Genie can cure with his hax0r
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
That auto-regeneration.

Miyuki keeps wearing clothes that show her more and more of her skin to her Onii-chan.
Aug 9, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
wrenchbread said:
Spoilers: The Philosopher's Stone is made of human souls. Quick, call the Elric brothers!

XD
Tatsuya elected to join the team for the Thesis comp..
Tatsuya being shot at..sniper killed..
Sayuri Shiba..
Miyuki.. dat apron.
Aug 9, 2014 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
Edm1321 said:
They really skipped it

MY HONOKA SHIPPING
MY BEACH EPISODE
MY LOLICON

WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME

damn so they skipped a few good parts...i better start reading the LN soon..

damn that one solid bullet wound to the heart..and he just regenerated it...dafuq did I saw? oh well...Tatsuya is too bad-ass for every opponent he has...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 9, 2014 3:07 PM

Jan 2014
New arc, nice episode
Aug 9, 2014 3:22 PM

Dec 2013
The arcs keep getting better and better. I want to see a season 2 or a suitable ending

Phoenix1220 said:
It was an alright episode but seriously that Auto-regen ability is too OP. He took a sniper bullet and healed in like 5 seconds. Also, the incest was really strong this episode too....
Acutally, he healed rather instantaneously -.-
Aug 9, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
meh, looks like this new arc is not going to be so school related... imo the show loses it's identity
and tatsuya's master mind is really starting to annoy me...

the one thing that hasn't faded sisnce the beginning is miyuki's cuteness
retepetersAug 9, 2014 4:21 PM
Aug 9, 2014 4:45 PM

Feb 2012
MysticArte said:
ShAd0w said:

You should be thinking of Batman.

The onii-sama that Miyuki needs, but not the one she deserves.
LOL I can't wait for batman Tatsuya.
Aug 9, 2014 5:05 PM
May 2014
Anon1409 said:
The arcs keep getting better and better. I want to see a season 2 or a suitable ending

Phoenix1220 said:
Acutally, he healed rather instantaneously -.-

I guess they showed it in slow-motion.
"That being said, the speed of his Self-Restoration ability has long since surpassed the realms of human cognition speeds." (from the NS competition arc. LN v04/c10).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.