Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2014 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
the vers troops couldn't get even 1 shot at slaine while he was escaping? i find that hard to believe.

i understand that lt. marito has ptsd but his constant "imma lecture all of y'all but do nothing when help is actually needed" is getting old and repetitive.

also, different versions of the same track from the ost is being overplayed. the ost placement during each episode is getting awkward.

still, the episode was entertaining and i'm looking forward to the next
Aug 9, 2014 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
Rebelhero said:
OOOOOOO
I am Really liking this show now.

And wow, lots of bitching and whining. Don't you have anything better to do? Enjoy the show or move the f on with your life.

Other peoples opinions, while they might be different and in a more critical light, don't always equate to "bitching and whining". If you can't take an opinion, maybe you shouldn't open up a discussion thread, which is where we DISCUSS the show, and what we thought.
BullSmitAug 9, 2014 9:17 PM
Nop.
Aug 9, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Yeah the constant raving about the OST even halfway in just baffles me a) because its somehow apparently still a talking point and b) because I really just don't find it all that good by mecha anime standards. Its not horrible its just kind of there like a token Yuki Kaijura soundtrack seemingly to be praised en masse simply for having a popular artists name on it. I'm just grateful that they took the vocals out of that one track this episode. I don't know if it was a conscious choice on someone's part but it makes such a difference as a battle track and kind of confirms that its not the track itself that's grating, its the singer Mika Kobayashi and her gratuitous wailing and poor intonation.

Haha, I think me and you had this discussion a few episodes back. We see eye-to-eye on this front, that's for sure.
Nop.
Aug 9, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2012
Friggin Flying fists out of nowhere. What a good idea for a mech. Pretty epic.

Also, Inaho so good with physics, geez.
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Aug 9, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
This was the most confusing episode yet. First they casually mention the moon is destroyed, and then the sky is blue because of "Rayleigh scattering", and the clouds are white from "Mie scattering" whatever the hell those are.

""My fists are transformed into a single molecule" ...I don't think you know very much about molecular science, lady.

Screw it, let's just say the machines and the world is run on magic and happiness instead of science, because it would make just about the same amount of sense if really it did.

Urobutcher...you're losing your touch.
Aug 9, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
Lol at the face the princess made when Inaho was like "nope, your friend is fucking wrong".

Actually disappointed with the OST this week. When they were starting to evacuate the people on the ship you could hear the "I Say Fryyyyyyyyyy" orchestra building up the hype just like the Ep.1 bridge scene. Then right when the gun shot the hand I was waiting for the vocal drop and they just cut it off. Made me sad :(

Since the crew kept mentioning the power of Aldnoah and the Aldnoah drives this episode, is that foreshadowing that Inaho wont have that shitty mech for too much longer. I don't necessarily mind the asspulls since he uses his intellect for it, but I can only watch [mechs barely moving just waiting for a Vers Kat to mess up] for so long.

Is Slaine ever going to get to tell ANY orbital knight about the princess still being alive? He is seriously contending for most dicked over character of the season. SOMEBODY has to believe him c'mon.
Aug 9, 2014 10:06 PM
Aug 2011
lol Slaine escaped really really easily
I want him to team up with Inaho, even if some of not fond of the idea.

vieri32 said:
Slaine is by far the worst character in the anime, surely one of the worst character of all time

When is your ass going to stop bleeding profusely?
Aug 9, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2013
another amazing episode, the anime always surprises me, a bit of history of 15 years before and was also told about the Aldnoah, the most impressive is Inaho always using training's Catafracto and still dominating battles, this time he saved all again, with help from Slaine at the end (I can not like this character)
but it will be interesting to see when the two protagonists men get together, I think we still have a fight between them in this anime, that to me is already the best of the season ..
Aug 9, 2014 10:34 PM

Jun 2009
12 episodes only and we half way there.
;(
please. please please. some more.
And im excited to see how the love triangle is gunna form
Also. ( have a feeling Inko might die) ---> trigger Inaho to become more emotional LOL
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 9, 2014 10:54 PM

Jan 2009
Wow. Inaho saves the day again. I have no problems with overpowered main characters. I just wonder, what's his military rank now? I mean how many times has he saved everyone's lives? 4 times? He's pretty much doing everything while the real officers bum around. You'd think he'd be promoted way ahead of even the captain herself, and he only gets one lousy medal.
Aug 9, 2014 11:10 PM

Jan 2009
4kicks said:
This was the most confusing episode yet. First they casually mention the moon is destroyed, and then the sky is blue because of "Rayleigh scattering", and the clouds are white from "Mie scattering" whatever the hell those are.

""My fists are transformed into a single molecule" ...I don't think you know very much about molecular science, lady.

Speak for yourself, Rayleigh and Mie scattering are just standard scientific explanations for those phenomena.

Screw it, let's just say the machines and the world is run on magic and happiness instead of science, because it would make just about the same amount of sense if really it did.

You're over-exaggerating things. There's only so much you can do within the border science and science fiction. Sure, you have over-dramatic female antagonists and an ancient martian civilization, and Urobuchi has definitely done better, but with a story that begins with the landing of a few overpowered mechs piloted by medieval-looking characters backed by an emperor from Mars, you can't seriously be expecting hard science from this anime.
Aug 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Oct 2007
BullSmit said:

Haha, I think me and you had this discussion a few episodes back. We see eye-to-eye on this front, that's for sure.

Well it's like if people want to go into some actual detail and specifics about the music style and it's usage in this show I'd totally welcome it cause it's a topic I could sink my teeth into, but I don't really see the point in just splurging about it every week without adding anything new about the topic otherwise it just feels like token commentary for the sake of it. I mean yes Sawano is popular and yes the show has music, but what is it that makes it so extra special and worth mentioning so consistently beyond that exactly?

Keten said:

Ya I agree... the soundtrack isn't BAD by any standards... but honestly it's placed kind of awkwardly sometimes. In the middle of a conversation you'll hear bombastic music and I just wonder what is going on because it feels like shit is about to go down. As I watch Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam I notice that the music is far better integrated, it isn't just all bombastic music, there are some lighter toned ones, soothing ones, even really plain ones for things like drifting in space. I think the soundtrack of Aldnoah sort of tries to overshadow what is actually going on, and music should never do that.

It's very like.....artificial I find. It sort of reminds me of some of the soundtrack for the Metroid Prime series, but that sort of music to me conveys a sense of isolation and adventure specifically as it pertains to sci-fi, not so much grand spectacle sci-fi. Zeta Gundam's OST also had more than 20 tracks and a lot more variety too it as well as making use of actual musical instruments as well as some synth while this shows sounds again very artificially constructed with a little piano here and there. I also don't think that Shigeaki Saegusa was put on the music like Hiroyuki Sawano clearly was here because the producers felt they needed all the popular staff they could possibly get but because his style was deemed the right fit for that era of Universal Century.
PeacingOutAug 9, 2014 11:21 PM
Aug 9, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
BiddingGortonio said:
Wow. Inaho saves the day again. I have no problems with overpowered main characters. I just wonder, what's his military rank now? I mean how many times has he saved everyone's lives? 4 times? He's pretty much doing everything while the real officers bum around. You'd think he'd be promoted way ahead of even the captain herself, and he only gets one lousy medal.

Inaho didn't save the day, what are you talking about? He was the least useful person in that group.

Anyway, good ep as usual.

Jonesy974 said:

Actually disappointed with the OST this week. When they were starting to evacuate the people on the ship you could hear the "I Say Fryyyyyyyyyy" orchestra building up the hype just like the Ep.1 bridge scene. Then right when the gun shot the hand I was waiting for the vocal drop and they just cut it off. Made me sad :(

I was happy they didn't do the vocal part, we've heard it enough I think. If they keep playing the vocals it will only tire out the song.
ex_necrossAug 9, 2014 11:25 PM
Aug 9, 2014 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
ex_necross said:
BiddingGortonio said:

Inaho didn't save the day, what are you talking about? He was the least useful person in that group.

He kind of did in that his actions and planning directly contributed the most to them getting away, but it wasn't all single handed since he needed a deus ex machina in Slaine to take care of the last rocket punch.
Aug 9, 2014 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ex_necross said:

He kind of did in that his actions and planning directly contributed the most to them getting away, but it wasn't all single handed since he needed a deus ex machina in Slaine to take care of the last rocket punch.

Inaho wasn't the one to figure out anything, it was the PTSD guy. Inaho tried to help and unloaded an entire magazine into one of the arm funnels but it had no effect.
Aug 9, 2014 11:31 PM

Oct 2007
Jonesy974 said:
Lol at the face the princess made when Inaho was like "nope, your friend is fucking wrong".

Oh wow, how decidedly unhype.......

Is Slaine ever going to get to tell ANY orbital knight about the princess still being alive? He is seriously contending for most dicked over character of the season. SOMEBODY has to believe him c'mon.

They don't care though because a) he's just inferior human scum and b) such trifles could delay the killing more inferior human scum and thus are a nuisance.

ex_necross said:

Inaho wasn't the one to figure out anything, it was the PTSD guy. Inaho tried to help and unloaded an entire magazine into one of the arm funnels but it had no effect.

I honestly do not even remember this scene and I'm actually skimming through the episode to find the part where he explains this strategy to everyone and can't find it. It doesn't seem like he even manages to make it out of the hangar either.
PeacingOutAug 9, 2014 11:41 PM
Aug 9, 2014 11:36 PM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:

I would like it actually if they had Marito be the brains of the show, coming up with strategies. Due to being unable to pilot he could still help in combat with strategy. It would make a lot more sense than Inaho figuring it out since Marito has legitimate experience against these things. Apparently in this universe it is acceptable to force kids into the military sooo.... Since he is a good pilot from his abusive teachings I would say that would be the way to go. Marito is brains and experience while Inaho is the one who is intelligent enough to understand the fundamentals and carries out orders. It would almost be like they are completing each other...

Unfortunately I don't think that is where they are going to go with it. I won't judge it for what it isn't though, I just think that would be a good idea.
Aug 9, 2014 11:39 PM

Apr 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well it's like if people want to go into some actual detail and specifics about the music style and it's usage in this show I'd totally welcome it cause it's a topic I could sink my teeth into, but I don't really see the point in just splurging about it every week without adding anything new about the topic otherwise it just feels like token commentary for the sake of it. I mean yes Sawano is popular and yes the show has music, but what is it that makes it so extra special and worth mentioning so consistently beyond that exactly?

I could as well. I've produced synthetic music for quite some time, so I too could say it's definitely something I could "sink my teeth into". You showed me that video of his actual orchestra performance if I remember correctly, or something like that, and that was beautiful. Synthetic music is by no means bad and stale, but when you use the same programs and the same sounds that you've designed (Or soundfonts/banks), it gets boring and noticeable really quickly.

But yeah, the music still isn't BAD by any means, I just wish Sawano would add more flavour. His biggest issue is the abuse of distortion he uses in his percussion, and the chiptune-esk sounds that he constantly uses over and over again. He also abuses the exact same strings. Mika Kobayashi is starting to get annoying more than anything as well.

Once again, I don't want to come off as bashful towards the show because of the music, because it doesn't affect it THAT much, and anyways, I said above that it's not BAD, it's just I can't help but think of Attack On Titan, or Kill La Kill everytime I hear it.

And I notice it over and over solely because it's something I pay heavy attention to, given my experience with stuff like this.
Nop.
Aug 9, 2014 11:45 PM

Oct 2007
BullSmit said:

But yeah, the music still isn't BAD by any means, I just wish Sawano would add more flavour. His biggest issue is the abuse of distortion he uses in his percussion, and the chiptune-esk sounds that he constantly uses over and over again. He also abuses the exact same strings. Mika Kobayashi is starting to get annoying more than anything as well.

Yeah yeah the "grindy sound" as I call it, you can even hear it a bit in some of the Unicorn tracks too which are the songs I usually skip over on my playlists. Definitely my least favorite part of his musical style of late and then the thing with Mika Kobayashi is her wailing style of singing usually comes in when the grindy distorted parts of a track start. For a lot of people this IS THE hype part of his soundtracks that is the main attraction, but for me it just sounds kind of generic loud and unpleasant. The man has pretty much made a name for himself out of this one particular specific portion of his musical style though so I guess there is something to be said for it popularity wise at least. General audiences definitely have not grown tired of it for sure, but for me it just kind of sounds like....well....shit.....lol
PeacingOutAug 9, 2014 11:50 PM
Aug 9, 2014 11:47 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:
Apparently in this universe it is acceptable to force kids into the military sooo....

Both Aldnoah's universe and ours.

It would make a lot more sense than Inaho figuring it out since Marito has legitimate experience against these things.

I'm pretty sure his experience is summed up as "tried to fight giant mech with a normal tank and was somehow lucky enough to not die like everyone else". So no experience, basically. It was a slaughter from what they told us.

Marito is brains and experience while Inaho is the one who is intelligent enough to understand the fundamentals and carries out orders. It would almost be like they are completing each other...

Well we know the princess has the power to activate Aldnoah Drives, Inaho has the piloting capabilities, and Slaine's grandfather knows how to build them.

I've got a pretty good idea of where this is heading.
ex_necrossAug 9, 2014 11:53 PM
Aug 9, 2014 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
Marito still traumatized because of what happened 15 years ago. He needs to get a grip soon.

Slaine escaped the castle. We might get some stuff to counter Martian Kataphrakts. I prefer to avoid the love triangle with Hime. Inaho x Hime!

Hoping that the next episode would get a good development.
Aug 9, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2012
I wanna know exactly what happened 15 years ago already :P
Aug 9, 2014 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:
Keten said:
Apparently in this universe it is acceptable to force kids into the military sooo....

Both Aldnoah's universe and ours.

It would make a lot more sense than Inaho figuring it out since Marito has legitimate experience against these things.

I'm pretty sure his experience is summed up as "tried to fight giant mech with a normal tank and was somehow lucky enough to not die like everyone else". So no experience, basically. It was a slaughter from what they told us.

Marito is brains and experience while Inaho is the one who is intelligent enough to understand the fundamentals and carries out orders. It would almost be like they are completing each other...

Well we know the princess has the power to activate Aldnoah Drives, Inaho has the piloting capabilities, and Slaine's grandfather knows how to build them.

I've got a pretty good idea of where this is heading.

Not sure per say if it's "acceptable" to force kids into the military in our universe. Maybe in some countries but in Aldnoah.Zero it seems pretty much accepted world wide.

I guess you have a point that he probably doesn't actually have much experience with them.. He does have more combat training and experience in the field though. At the very least he seems like he was a competent pilot, but ya, you have a point.

and ya... I just sort of hope it isn't that predictable... I am trying to give the show a little credit here. Lol.

Mizeteo said:
Marito still traumatized because of what happened 15 years ago. He needs to get a grip soon.

Slaine escaped the castle. We might get some stuff to counter Martian Kataphrakts. I prefer to avoid the love triangle with Hime. Inaho x Hime!

Hoping that the next episode would get a good development.

PTSD is not that easy to overcome. Some people never recover from it. Especially since he apparently was supposed to keep quiet for some reason since no one knew about anything he talked about in the episode so he likely had no one to help him through it.
Aug 9, 2014 11:52 PM

Apr 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Yeah yeah the "grindy sound" as I call it. Definitely my least favorite part and then the thing with Mika Kobayashi is her wailing style of singing usually comes in when the grindy distorted parts of a track start. For a lot of people this IS the hype part of his soundtracks that is the main attraction, but for me it just sounds kind of generic loud and unpleasant. The man has pretty much made a name for himself out of this one particular specific portion of his musical style though so I guess there is something to be said for it popularity wise at least. General audiences definitely have not grown tired of it for sure, but for me it just kind of sounds like....well....shit.....lol

Well, everyone does have different musical tastes. No single person will be the exact same I presume. I don't think it's crap, exactly, I just dislike the overusing of it. It's his go-to sound in a majority of his pieces. That would again relate to as you said, his popularity, and what it's come from, which is likely exactly that (Along with Kobayashi's wailing as well, hahaha).

I think it mainly comes back to the praise he's getting for this OST, and that certain people act as if they've never heard this kind of style before, when myself, and a few others can see it's nothing special at all. It really irritates me.
Nop.
Aug 9, 2014 11:55 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

Not sure per say if it's "acceptable" to force kids into the military in our universe. Maybe in some countries but in Aldnoah.Zero it seems pretty much accepted world wide.

I guess you have a point that he probably doesn't actually have much experience with them.. He does have more combat training and experience in the field though. At the very least he seems like he was a competent pilot, but ya, you have a point.

and ya... I just sort of hope it isn't that predictable... I am trying to give the show a little credit here. Lol.

This machine pictured here is no normal training unit.. it looks to be powered by something other than human technology. I would bet it is the Light of Aldnoah, or in other words an Aldnoah Drive is going to be fitted to one of the training units. And with the princess being able to activate it and Slaine's father and possibly Slaine himself knowing how to build one..

Also
is definitely different than the mechs we have been seeing. It's filled with some odd light.
ex_necrossAug 10, 2014 12:05 AM
Aug 10, 2014 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:

This machine pictured here is no normal training unit.. it looks to be powered by something other than human technology. I would bet it is the Light of Aldnoah, or in other words an Aldnoah Drive is going to be fitted to one of the training units. And with the princess being able to activate it and Slaine's father and possibly Slaine himself knowing how to build one..

Also
is definitely different than the mechs we have been seeing. It's filled with some odd light.

Ya know... Wouldn't it sort of... Prove the Martians right if they use the Aldnoah power? I mean.. The Martians started this war entirely because they think they are superior and anyone who isn't them is trash. Why do they think they are superior? because they have Aldnoah power...

So if they get the Aldnoah power.. Wouldn't they just be proving them right..? Is that really a good message? I guess it does sort of go along with a "Might is right" theme but that would only really be 1 message and it would only show the dark sides of war and omg this is a Urobuchi created anime that is totally what they are going for. *Facepalm*
Aug 10, 2014 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
"It's coming."

Yes, Slaine came to save the day.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 10, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
Keten said:
ex_necross said:

Also

Ya know... Wouldn't it sort of... Prove the Martians right if they use the Aldnoah power? I mean.. The Martians started this war entirely because they think they are superior and anyone who isn't them is trash. Why do they think they are superior? because they have Aldnoah power...

So if they get the Aldnoah power.. Wouldn't they just be proving them right..? Is that really a good message? I guess it does sort of go along with a "Might is right" theme but that would only really be 1 message and it would only show the dark sides of war and omg this is a Urobuchi created anime that is totally what they are going for. *Facepalm*

Well the Terrans obviously need something to stand up to Mars, and it has been hinted at that we will be getting Aldnoah's power on the Terran's side in some capacity at least. But again that was pretty obvious from the start when the cover art showed a Terran mech that looked like a powered up version of the grunt suits.

I'm not sure what you mean by proving the martians right. If they think they are superior for using Aldnoah Drives, and then the humans get the power, why are the martians right? If anything they are wrong, because that would mean they are no longer "superior".
Aug 10, 2014 12:28 AM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:

Well the Terrans obviously need something to stand up to Mars, and it has been hinted at that we will be getting Aldnoah's power on the Terran's side in some capacity at least. But again that was pretty obvious from the start when the cover art showed a Terran mech that looked like a powered up version of the grunt suits.

I'm not sure what you mean by proving the martians right. If they think they are superior for using Aldnoah Drives, and then the humans get the power, why are the martians right? If anything they are wrong, because that would mean they are no longer "superior".

Sorry sorry... I kept thinking this was some sort of complex show that was going to have a good message at the end but this isn't a show like that, at least not from what I can see... I read too much into it. My point was that by using the Aldnoah power to defeat people who find superiority in the Aldnoah power, they are proving them right by being superior using the Aldnoah power. Honestly though you are right, it's nothing like that, it's just a case of evening the playing field.

I am actually mighty tired at the moment and I tend to think too much when I am tired so I end up looking too deep for some sort of meaning that I end up looking pretentious. My bad. Note to self, don't have discussions at 3am.... x_x
Aug 10, 2014 12:31 AM
Apr 2013
Next Episode : That Martian woman will lose her brain
Aug 10, 2014 1:14 AM

Dec 2009
All we need is Slaine. Not a bad episode..but I think the show needs to be a bit dynamic. The mecha battle is always at the end which is predictable..

So how is the hater this week? I guess some can't accept their true self and reported my post last week lol!
Rei7Aug 10, 2014 1:23 AM
Aug 10, 2014 1:42 AM

Jul 2011
That last scene with Slaine asspully arrive just in time to save our 'favorite' MC in critical moment....... IS SO CHEAP!

That's it! I'm lowering my score for this, the first three episode started at 9, and then it went to 8-7 at episode four and five, and now it's 7-6 level! OMG God knows how disappointed i am, this is just another Gargantia & Fractale, where the earlier episode was so promising and awesome, but then it went SUPER DOWNHILL

:(
I'm sad
Aug 10, 2014 1:45 AM
Apr 2013
I swear with that sorta bombshell they dropped if the writers don't go the Complicated-Romance route with Margabaredge and Marito I will lose all hope for Japanese anime writing.

They CAN'T not go there now, that would be the missed opportunity of the year, anime writing wise.

So I still don't hate this show. It's good to have extremely low expectations, I guess...

Aug 10, 2014 1:48 AM

Apr 2014
vieri32 said:
Slaine is by far the worst character in the anime, surely one of the worst character of all time

Aug 10, 2014 1:49 AM

Nov 2013
It was a decent episode for me. It may not be as intense as the previous ones but it still catches my interest. Now I just wonder how it'll go from here on.

So Slaine is going to join forces with Earth?
Aug 10, 2014 2:26 AM
Jan 2013
Z4k said:
vieri32 said:

do you mean
[spoiler]
Aug 10, 2014 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
All I want is to see a battle that involves more than like 5 mechs, preferably in an urban setting.

Right now, I'm not getting a "planet-wide war" feel. It's just minor skirmishes against solo Martian mechs.
Aug 10, 2014 3:01 AM

Feb 2008
I definitely didn't see Magbaredge's revelation coming, a nice plot twist. I wonder how Slaine's arrival plays out.
Aug 10, 2014 3:04 AM

Feb 2014
Slaine still best character.
Aug 10, 2014 3:20 AM

Mar 2011
This is getting pretty good. Feeling a bit like the start of valvrave, badass 'enemy' comes and allies with them and kicks their asses. Let's just hope this anime won't turn to crap like that one xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Aug 10, 2014 3:33 AM

Aug 2013
Slaine's successful escape wasn't asspull. He's been the warrior servant of the elite of the castle so he's been around all the necessary training and knows the castle since he's also a pilot.

Slaine's arrival at the right time to save the Earthlings seems like an asspull but that can be explained next ep.
Aug 10, 2014 3:34 AM
Oct 2010
ex_necross said:

Also

I figured this was the way the plot was going after said that..

1. AZ drives need the emperor's DNA
2. Slaine knows about his father's research and it seems like something special, so don't be surprised if they turn those trainers into something OP.

I guess slaine's dad was caught when they were researching Aldnoah and the war broke out and he's the one who found out how to weaponize the aldnoah technology. One thing I do find strange is how much the martians look down on terrans, do they not realize they emperor is a pure terran? lol
Aug 10, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2008
Kolios said:
Slaine's successful escape wasn't asspull. He's been the warrior servant of the elite of the castle so he's been around all the necessary training and knows the castle since he's also a pilot.

Slaine's arrival at the right time to save the Earthlings seems like an asspull but that can be explained next ep.

AN ENTIRE ORBITAL CASTLE WAS AFTER HIM. Numbers and firepower wise he should have been captured EASILY. Try and excuse it as much as you want, it is still a major case of plot armor and defying logic no matter how much you wish it wasn't. This is why I hate Slaine. His fans are bloody hypocrites who won't admit their precious Slaine has plot convenience on his side just as much if not even more than Inaho who at least USES Science on his end.
Aug 10, 2014 3:40 AM

Oct 2013
yeee hopefully that guy can total that chick
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 10, 2014 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Kolios said:

AN ENTIRE ORBITAL CASTLE WAS AFTER HIM. Numbers and firepower wise he should have been captured EASILY. Try and excuse it as much as you want, it is still a major case of plot armor and defying logic no matter how much you wish it wasn't. This is why I hate Slaine. His fans are bloody hypocrites who won't admit their precious Slaine has plot convenience on his side just as much if not even more than Inaho who at least USES Science on his end.

Hating on a character because his fans are annoying is really stupid.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 10, 2014 4:04 AM
Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this episode thought not as much as the last couple. That scene where there was like 7+ guards shooting at Slaine while he was climbing into the jet was pretty ridiculous. It's nice to see him to the rescue though, I was half expecting Inaho to pull out something again but it looked like he really would've failed that time. I wonder if he's gonna give the terrans the power of Aldnoah or not.

I also enjoyed some of the little moments like with his sister, with the princess, and Inko's expression after she narrowly deflected that "missile."

I was totally surprised by the Captain's revelation about being her sister. She kinda reminds me of a much more mature and reliable and tought Tessa from FMP.

That last 5 rounds that missed though- would've been nice if everyone was firing at it and they all missed versus just Inaho.

And god I never get tired of this soundtrack. ~.~ Can't wait till it comes out!
Aug 10, 2014 4:08 AM

Apr 2008
geralt said:
Darklight0303 said:

Hating on a character because his fans are annoying is really stupid.

I was indifferent about Slaine at the start. The fans pushed me towards hate. I still wouldn't like him regardless.
Aug 10, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was some good sharpshooting.

Great episode!!!
Aug 10, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2013
And now, its safe to say that Inaho is human

I'm hoping that Slaine will join Terrans and reunite with the Princess.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 10, 2014 4:35 AM

Mar 2013
I can't help, but think that Inaho is the perfect MC for this action-packed anime...
He's brilliant, calm (even when his life is at risk), and effectively uses strategies to counter-attack his opponents...
Slaine to the rescue! After betraying the Vers Empire, I wonder how he'll interact with Inaho and the others.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.