Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2014 3:17 PM
Apr 2011
Marzan said:
I have no problems suspending my disbelief at Inaho's superior and unique intellect or Slaine's escape from the badazz Martians. Goes with the course of anime logic.

What bugs is how incredibly cartoony and stupid the Martian knights are. There's absolutely no depth or subtlety to their characters. They're all so hammy or clichee. Now to make matters worse we even find out that they don't even posses the intelligence to recreate their technology but live of "borrowed" power. As soon as the Princess gives the power of Aldnoah to Inaho it's game over for them.

I liked Slaine's scenes in epsode 6 too. They were well done despite being pretty ridiculous, but the Inaho haters are gonna be all hypocritical about it.

As for the characterization of Vers, it kinda makes sense when you consider that they are drunk on Aldnoah's power combined with their aristocratic society. Plus the Earth military is even more incompetent as shown by a glorified office lady like Magbaredge commanding a ship. Marito is probably the most competent Earth military guy, and he is consumed by PTSD.
Aug 9, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
o shit i though she was going to die
[/quote]
Aug 9, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2013
A-Knight said:

I liked Slaine's scenes in epsode 6 too. They were well done despite being pretty ridiculous, but the Inaho haters are gonna be all hypocritical about it.

As for the characterization of Vers, it kinda makes sense when you consider that they are drunk on Aldnoah's power combined with their aristocratic society. Plus the Earth military is even more incompetent as shown by a glorified office lady like Magbaredge commanding a ship. Marito is probably the most competent Earth military guy, and he is consumed by PTSD.

Even the most power obsessed corrupted people in the world have something they care about and have personality outside of their evilness. They usually have some sense of understanding and usually have at least SOME reason for being the way they are and thinking the way they do. These guys are just 1-dimensional cliche villains who we're given no insight into why they are the way they are besides, "Oh power corrupts people." Even Hitler was a vegetarian who was deeply concerned with animal rights. People aren't just 1-note characters.

Also I think Marito is the best character in the show so far except for MAYBE Slaine but he hasn't been given much to work with so ya, Marito is my favorite. He is a war veteran who decides it's time to get back to business and tosses aside his alcohol obsession, ready to take responsibility again, ready to get back into action but it isn't that easy, his PTSD gets in the way just before he is able to, he tries so hard but his mind doesn't let him go through with it. That is a human character.

Edit: Also come to think of it.. Marito is almost TOO human.. it sort of makes the rest of the show look goofy and cliche by comparison (Cause it is but at least it kept with the tone for the most part)
KetenAug 9, 2014 3:34 PM
Aug 9, 2014 3:26 PM
Sep 2013
Nope, I still think its gonna end with Inaho vs Slaine.
Aug 9, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
MrNTR said:
Nope, I still think its gonna end with Inaho vs Slaine.

With a name like yours I wonder why
Aug 9, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
This was a great episode. Can't wait to see what Inaho and slaine's relationship will be like.
Aug 9, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
Miki-Miki-Fanboy said:
iMifs said:

^This
+1

Hm.. Inaho losing his composure only to have his ass (as well as everyone else's) by Slaine.

Wonder how the next episode will turn out (Slaine and Inaho relationship)
Aug 9, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2011
[quote=Kaioshin_Sama]
Hikarusuke said:
Love the flying punches very cool concept.

Yeah pretty revolutionary never before seen stuff for robot anime......haha

Yeah seen in mech animes too much lol
Aug 9, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
SandyBoi said:

It'd be nice if they formed a good friendship, but I guess the more likely scenario is Slain going in "envy" mode because of Inaho and the princess's relationship.
It should be interesting to watch either way...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 9, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 2009
geralt said:
SandyBoi said:

It'd be nice if they formed a good friendship, but I guess the more likely scenario is Slain going in "envy" mode because of Inaho and the princess's relationship.

What relationship? They barely talk to each other, and when they do it's usually plot-related stuff. There's nothing for Slaine to be jealous of.
Aug 9, 2014 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
Whats the bet that the princess turns Inaho into her knight or something along those lines.

Aug 9, 2014 4:16 PM

Dec 2011
Damn... The Vers Empire has declared war on Earth... Inaho please save mankind!

So now Slaine is being hunted down and he's trying to get info on Inaho it would seem.

Drafting Inaho in as a mere soldier is sacrilege... they need to make him the Supreme Commander!

The short shock Inaho's friends had when they thought he's not a virgin anymore XD.

Ah, the way they got their hands on that advanced technology from an ancient race remind me a lot of Mass Effect lol.

It was rather interesting to find out about Aldnoah, what it is and how they got it.

Awwww, the face that Seylum made when what Said had taught her was proved to be wrong was really cute :3

It seems like they're under attack once again... poor guys...

I guess that orange trainer kataphrakt will be Inaho's trademark by which his enemies will recognize him XD.

All this AP and HE rounds talk makes me wanna play WoT...

Poor Marito... T.T

I wonder what Inaho will do in order to defeat this enemy hmm.

Inaho was doing great as always until he started missing shot after shot... is this they're way of making seems less perfect than a super soldier XD? Slaine to the rescue it would seem!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 9, 2014 4:17 PM
Jul 2009
Newhopes said:
Whats the bet that the princess turns Inaho into her knight or something along those lines.

Without an Aldnoah Drive, making him a knight would be pointless.
Aug 9, 2014 4:23 PM

May 2013
Slaine to the rescue!
Aug 9, 2014 4:29 PM

May 2014
MadLane said:
Amazing Episode, even more amazing OST

This ^
Aug 9, 2014 4:31 PM

Dec 2013
Alright episode. Slaine coming to rescue was pretty cool. 3/5
Aug 9, 2014 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, very nice OST. Can't wait to see what Slaine has to offer.
Aug 9, 2014 4:39 PM

Oct 2012
Only thing this show needs now is much more suffering and with all of the death flags this will likely be obliged. I'm hoping they won't kill Inko, she's too adorable.
Aug 9, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2010
this show is killing me with no next episode previews
Aug 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2007
This show is just so dependant on plothax power - if not Inaho, then Slaine, conveniently get everything done because plot asks them to. Meh.

Otherwise its the obligatory "plans fail once" episode. Made pointless anyway via Slaine.

Still no character development for either of them and Princess remains the most interesting character, even if by an inch.

This show is quickly loosing my interest.

The first episode was great, and then each episode went downhill from there.
Aug 9, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2013
lol the coincidences... this time it wasn't just inaho saving the day, however, i find it kinda hard to believe that slaine would discover the princess location so fast..

good thing is that inaho showed some emotions, so he doesn't look like a robot like in the past few episodes
Aug 9, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh Slaine... why you gotta be so sexy tho? coming in saving the day in the nick of time.

Aug 9, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2014
Great episode. Yuki-nee not die, good. She is one of my favorite character.
Aug 9, 2014 5:16 PM

May 2013
Good to see Inaho showing some imperfections and emotions. Just as good as it is to see Slaine come in and save the day. I totally saw it coming -- come on, who didn't? -- and I was kind of hoping it would be Lt. Marito overcoming his PTSD, but it was still a very fist pumping moment.

Final note, I really am diggin' our band of heroes. I'm sure several of them are going to be dead by the time this is over, but so far I can't think of any that I'd be happy to see bite it. So good job on that front Aldnoah.Zero.

Solid episode overall.
Aug 9, 2014 5:38 PM

May 2013
Best episode so far IMO. I kinda wish that Inaho was replaced by Lt. Marito being the main character from the beginning. Would have made more sense if he was the one with the plans. He is also so much more interesting and real than any other character in this show so far. I really have trouble caring about any other character in this show. I doubt I would have been sad if Inaho's friend got killed by that fist. Lol at Slaine's escape.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 9, 2014 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who found the rap music really unfitting?
Otherwise,it wasn't bad episode.
Aug 9, 2014 5:45 PM

Feb 2008
lol when things work out perfectly people whine about it. when they dont, they get upset. this being a 12 episode show, i highly doubt they have time to waste on details like escaping from a fortress.
Aug 9, 2014 5:53 PM

Nov 2013
Head tilt

Moe pout princess HNNNGGGGGG

What's this about Marito's past?

Slaine's time to shine. Our two protagonists are finally united!
Aug 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
At first i thought the new mech was somehow able to use teleportaion but it turns out she just has a lot of rocket arms kinda like Mazinger Z :P

will say as much as i'm glad to see Slaine show up he sure did have a decent amount of plot armor getting away
Aug 9, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2011
Slaine pulled and L-Elf dat escape. Dat shot saved Inaho.

Slaine will meet Inaho OMG YES!!!!
Aug 9, 2014 6:17 PM

Apr 2013
Really interested to see Inaho's past to see why he's so calm and emotionless. And I hope its gonna be more than 12 episodes. These past few weeks have been formulaic.
Aug 9, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2009
i hope Slaine stole some secrets of the Aldnoah drives so that the earthlings can fight back decently
Aug 9, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 2014
j0x said:
i hope Slaine stole some secrets of the Aldnoah drives so that the earthlings can fight back decently

And Marito fighting... stoping being depressed.
Aug 9, 2014 6:22 PM

Dec 2013
Did Slaine know that Himesama was onboard that ship or was it pure luck?
Aug 9, 2014 6:23 PM
Nov 2013
the only good thing that Slaine has done so far, because he was the punching bag of the Martian upper taking a punch in every episode and accepting without doing anything.
I'm sure that will be the Slaine sanco panca of all the earth shall go beat him also, because he is too stupid and mongo and has no qualities can barely express themselves.
Slaine is just a comic relief for the damn fan boys.
Aug 9, 2014 6:24 PM
Mar 2013
Slain save the day.
Aug 9, 2014 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
So, on the bright side, Aldnoah isn't a robot, but a power (Not sure if mentioned previous to this episode, if so, I missed it). That's good to hear as it'd be your typical Mecha plot if it was the other way around.

People keep raving about the OST, it's still decent, but it's nothing special. Sawano's work is always the same thing. Many of you act like you've never heard an OST like this before. It's kind of confusing, really.

Adding on, it seems almost everyone is unintelligent when it comes to battling the Martians except for Inaho, and I guess in this episode, Marito. Furthermore, can the Martians please stop with their constant superiority complex? It's so boring.

Slaine coming in at the end there will leave a nice cliffhanger for next episode I guess. Curious to see what happens next. Slaine is easily the most interesting person so far.
Nop.
Aug 9, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
BullSmit said:
Furthermore, can the Martians please stop with their constant superiority complex? It's so boring.

I agree, it's really boring. And kinda funny. Some humans stumble upon an artifact from an ancient civilization, collect some scraps and return to Earth calling themself Martians and thinking of theirselves as superior. They seem to have forgotten that a) those lowly humans allowed them to become "superior" in the first place by providing the necessary equipment to get to Mars and to survive there etc and b) they are still humans. Only two generations have been born on Mars, not even the Emperor himself is a native. Funny how people forget so quick - and unfornuately quite realstic in it's portrayal.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Earth had something like Aldnoah, too. Why would a civilization so advanced that they can create something like Aldnoah only settle on Mars?
Aug 9, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2007
NwAurion said:

I wouldn't even be surprised if Earth had something like Aldnoah, too. Why would a civilization so advanced that they can create something like Aldnoah only settle on Mars?

Because when Mars was habitable, Earth was not?
Aug 9, 2014 6:52 PM
Nov 2013
BullSmit said:
So, on the bright side, Aldnoah isn't a robot, but a power (Not sure if mentioned previous to this episode, if so, I missed it). That's good to hear as it'd be your typical Mecha plot if it was the other way around.

People keep raving about the OST, it's still decent, but it's nothing special. Sawano's work is always the same thing. Many of you act like you've never heard an OST like this before. It's kind of confusing, really.

Adding on, it seems almost everyone is unintelligent when it comes to battling the Martians except for Inaho, and I guess in this episode, Marito. Furthermore, can the Martians please stop with their constant superiority complex? It's so boring.

Slaine coming in at the end there will leave a nice cliffhanger for next episode I guess. Curious to see what happens next. Slaine is easily the most interesting person so far.

You are a sick fanboy.
Did not know that to be the punching bag and capaxo Cruhteo in all episodes is to be interesting.
In all he took anterioeres episodes of Cruhteo, en will did nothing but stay silent a true idiot.
Slaine is by far the worst character in the anime, surely one of the worst character of all time
Aug 9, 2014 7:02 PM

Apr 2014
vieri32 said:

You are a sick fanboy.
Did not know that to be the punching bag and capaxo Cruhteo in all episodes is to be interesting.
In all he took anterioeres episodes of Cruhteo, en will did nothing but stay silent a true idiot.
Slaine is by far the worst character in the anime, surely one of the worst character of all time

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy of Slaine, hahaha. I'm not a big fan of a majority of the characters in the show, but I find Slaine the most interesting.

You view that Slaine is nothing but a whipping boy, but that's how he's been positioned to develop his character throughout these six episodes, and as of now it looks like that's finally going to break (Him being the whipping boy). Although, I won't say that the part Slaine is playing is nothing new in terms of position.

All the characters have their flaws. I mean, I wish Inaho had more emotion, and pretty much all of them are fairly unintelligent in thinking for themselves ASIDE from Inaho (Slaine included).

Your opinion though, I don't mind hearing someone elses perspective on Slaine, given that it's different than mine. Refreshing to see.
Nop.
Aug 9, 2014 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
Golgo finally messed up, what a dildo, I hope Slain overtakes him as the main character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 7:34 PM
Aug 2012
y123y said:
About the martian that was attacking them, I hope she stays alive. Shes really pretty.

Agreed lol!

Althopugh, most Martians seem like people with whom we cannot negotiate
Philosophy and Anime, huh :)
Aug 9, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2009
[quote=NwAurion]
BullSmit said:

That's because it's possible that the resources needed to produce the technology is only abundant on that Planet in which what Earth lacks.
Aug 9, 2014 8:04 PM

Oct 2007
BullSmit said:

Yeah the constant raving about the OST even halfway in just baffles me a) because its somehow apparently still a talking point and b) because I really just don't find it all that good by mecha anime standards. Its not horrible its just kind of there like a token Yuki Kaijura soundtrack seemingly to be praised en masse simply for having a popular artists name on it. I'm just grateful that they took the vocals out of that one track this episode. I don't know if it was a conscious choice on someone's part but it makes such a difference as a battle track and kind of confirms that its not the track itself that's grating, its the singer Mika Kobayashi and her gratuitous wailing and poor intonation.
PeacingOutAug 9, 2014 8:08 PM
Aug 9, 2014 8:17 PM

Jun 2014
OOOOOOO
I am Really liking this show now.

And wow, lots of bitching and whining. Don't you have anything better to do? Enjoy the show or move the f on with your life.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 9, 2014 8:19 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Yeah the constant raving about the OST even halfway in just baffles me a) because its somehow apparently still a talking point and b) because I really just don't find it all that good by mecha anime standards. Its not horrible its just kind of there like a token Yuki Kaijura soundtrack seemingly to be praised en masse simply for having a popular artists name on it. I'm just grateful that they took the vocals out of that one track this episode. I don't know if it was a conscious choice on someone's part but it makes such a difference as a battle track and kind of confirms that its not the track itself that's grating, its the singer Mika Kobayashi and her gratuitous wailing and poor intonation.

Ya I agree... the soundtrack isn't BAD by any standards... but honestly it's placed kind of awkwardly sometimes. In the middle of a conversation you'll hear bombastic music and I just wonder what is going on because it feels like shit is about to go down. As I watch Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam I notice that the music is far better integrated, it isn't just all bombastic music, there are some lighter toned ones, soothing ones, even really plain ones for things like drifting in space. I think the soundtrack of Aldnoah sort of tries to overshadow what is actually going on, and music should never do that.
Aug 9, 2014 8:24 PM
May 2013
Well, that explains why it seems like soldiers from both sides can't fight, they are all virgins.
Aug 9, 2014 8:34 PM
May 2014
Marito to the rescu-false alarm.

Seeing a pattern of knight attacks, slaughtered no-names, and Inaho saving the day. I guess it was refreshing seeing that Slaine was the savior today? Nah. Hoping to see some variation in future episodes. I'll keep watching regardless.
Aug 9, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2013

Kataprakht or Katacraft ?

(sorry if it's small)

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.