Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2014 11:21 PM

Oct 2012
Well obviously its not as good as nagi was and wont ever be, but come on people.. Dont give a series a 3 or 4 right off the bat just cuz the characters and story is stereotypical.
There are so many shows out there that are complete and utter shit, this is absolutely nothing compared to them, if you are going to compare anime then compare it to more then one and realize that (Most of the time) The anime is not actually that bad.

I hate seeing all this early hate, to be frank it pisses me off.
If this was some downright fanservice show I would completely understand, In fact I would probably hate on it myself. But no.
This is just another typical PA works show.

Is there anything overly wrong with it? No.
The music is good, and the setting is actually quite interesting.

Nagi was a very, very good show. And everybody instantly compared this to that.
Thats like comparing something like Clannad and Air. It just does not work out that well.
So just get over it and watch the show for what it is.
Aug 7, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2012
Settle down m8.
This anime is shit, the only redeeming feature is the music.
Aug 7, 2014 11:52 PM
Mar 2013
I kinda hate how people though that this would be the next Nagi no Asukara just because it was PA Works and a "romance" anime... I guess people came to that conclusion because they were all hyped up because of NagiAsu ending and didn't really pay attention to what it was going to be about.... they just put high expectations from NagiAsu into this and they were disappointed that it wasn't a nagi...

I don't know why but I feel like the animation style they used was more like true tears than nagi...

well in my opinion for the anime is simple. It's not a master piece but it's something that looks nice to watch. And I'm enjoying the simple and PA Work ride.
lolitsronaldAug 7, 2014 11:56 PM
Aug 8, 2014 12:00 AM

Sep 2013
I think it's an OK anime. It's definitely not the anime of the season but I like the subtlety of it. It's something I can watch while relaxing.

I think the hate it is getting is because a lot of the viewers were expecting a Sol anime about glass making but it turns out to be an anime about a love polygon or maybe it's because their ship is sinking or maybe because it's lacking the Umph factor or maybe they just hate Okikura.

AsianKungFuAug 8, 2014 12:04 AM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 8, 2014 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
I think the high expectations from PA Works, along with the more anticipated anime this season such as Tokyo Ghouls, Barakamon, SAO etc. made this anime quite underrated.

It's not too bad of an anime in my opinion - that is, compared to last season, Glasslip is definitely a step higher than many others. I'm definitely feeling much content with Glasslip than I was with a majority of anime last season.

But otherwise, I also think people are being way too judgmental... what did you expect from a 13 episode series from PA Works? I hope you weren't expecting Urobochi plot-twisting shit.
Aug 8, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2012
Yaelin said:
I think the high expectations from PA Works, along with the more anticipated anime this season such as Tokyo Ghouls, Barakamon, SAO etc. made this anime quite underrated.

It's not too bad of an anime in my opinion - that is, compared to last season, Glasslip is definitely a step higher than many others. I'm definitely feeling much content with Glasslip than I was with a majority of anime last season.

But otherwise, I also think people are being way too judgmental... what did you expect from a 13 episode series from PA Works? I hope you weren't expecting Urobochi plot-twisting shit.

Exactly my point!
Aug 8, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
Tbh most of P.A work starts off really slow and builds up near the middle. If u watched the latest episode u can see the sudden shift from building up to actually starting something serious. Personally i like the show, not love it but like it. Ima wait for the ending to judge the anime as a hole. Funny thing is i while magi was airing i dropped it because it was too boring, that was the biggest mistake i ever made. Nagi is now one of my fav anime.
Aug 8, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2010

I'd love if mods actually BANNED the words: "NnA" and "Nagi no Asuka" from this forum section.
For god's sake, how many animu you people watched in your lives?
"Oh oh, I'll compare Psycho-Pass to Madoka because Urubutcher did both and they are both psychologicals! Tee-hee! I'm such a otaku~"

Nagi this, Nagi that.
They are completely different productions, with a completely different setting, a different demography, a different director, a different cast and A DIFFERENT SECTOR OF P.A. WORKS IN CHARGE OF KEY ANIMATION.

People who create threads like this are just as stupid as those kids bashing on the "previews".
Let this pathetic connection to NAGI die and stop being a cancer to those who just want to watch and follow the discussion regarding this anime.

Shuhan said:
Settle down m8.

You actually came all the way to Glasslip section just to post this?
Holy pretension, Batman!
xbobxAug 8, 2014 1:13 PM
Aug 8, 2014 2:03 PM
Aug 2011
Tell me about it.
I dropped Nagi beacuse I didn't want to see or hear any more of that garbage and now I come here and all I see it Nagi Nagi Nagi Tsumugu, Manaka, Hikari whatever the fuck.
standAug 8, 2014 2:17 PM
Aug 8, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
It definitely is relaxing and the music is quite nice, which is one of its few redeeming factors. I think that most people are being too harsh on it tbh but it's nowhere near great.
Aug 8, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2011
parfaited said:
Tell me about it.
I dropped Nagi beacuse I didn't want to see or hear any more of that garbage and now I come here and all I see it Nagi Nagi Nagi Tsumugu, Manaka, Hikari whatever the fuck.

Word.

It's as if this is supposed to be the NagiAsu successor or some shit.
People, get over yourselves already, shit.
Aug 9, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2009
Shuhan said:
Settle down m8.

Leave posts like this on /a/, not here.
Aug 9, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
xbobx said:

I'd love if mods actually BANNED the words: "NnA" and "Nagi no Asuka" from this forum section.
For god's sake, how many animu you people watched in your lives?
"Oh oh, I'll compare Psycho-Pass to Madoka because Urubutcher did both and they are both psychologicals! Tee-hee! I'm such a otaku~"

Lmao coz why not? I couldn't think of anyone else that pulled some hairpin shit like this so similar to Nagi's. XD
Aug 9, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2010
bastek66 said:
Shuhan said:
Settle down m8.

>implying MAL discussions are any better than this.
Stop fooling yourself, m8.

Yaelin said:

Lmao coz why not? I couldn't think of anyone else that pulled some hairpin shit like this so similar to Nagi's. XD

OMG KEK U RIGHT. AYY LMAO. I NEED TO WRITE A PREVIEW ASAP :D :D :D XD
Aug 9, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
xbobx said:
You actually came all the way to Glasslip section just to post this?
Holy pretension, Batman!

bastek66 said:

Lmao sweg.
This anime is cliche ridden with really stupid melodrama and angst. The misunderstandings are really idiotic as well. PA works doesnt do original works very well because they are all literally the same exact thing.
Aug 26, 2014 8:10 AM
Apr 2014
Okay we get it - you guys love Glasslip to the point that you refuse to admit it has any flaws or any similarities to Nagi Asu.
Both of them have similar animation, tae place in the countryside and both of them have a focus on the love polygon within the friendship group and how it may affect the friendship, with the "outsider" character appearing to pose a threat to the romances/friendships.
Those are two major similarities, so of course people are going to compare them. Don't be blind :/
Aug 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2010
Glasslip is just a recycled P.A works show, and it's stupidly bad. Thank god I dropped that garbage.
Aug 26, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:
It definitely is relaxing and the music is quite nice, which is one of its few redeeming factors. I think that most people are being too harsh on it tbh but it's nowhere near great.

I said that three weeks ago

Now, I take it back.

It's nowhere near good.

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.