Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 5:45 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The group was able to locate and save Lilia and Aisha and bring them back to Paul and Norn. We had another funny prison scene, but unfortunately it wasn't nearly as hilarious as the previous. I felt sorry for Rudeus seeing that his Holy Object was cleansed, his goddess Roxy's presence no longer residing in the sacred cloth. What a life changing encounter with Orsted though.

But wow, that scene between Rudeus and Eris at the end was surprising. Already reaching the steps of adulthood at age 13, he has a bright future ahead of him. Luckily Sylphy and Janice are confirmed alive, but of course there is a sense of worry on their status. I'm sad the Ruijerd and Eris left, but hopefully we will see them again. Now onwards to his youth period!
Aug 7, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2014
Rudeus I commend you. T_T Only 13 and he's already done it! He is so lucky. lol

Eris will return I know it!! She's a main character.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Aug 7, 2014 10:19 PM

Dec 2009
13 or 48? Depends on how you look at it. :P
Still going at it with such a young body must be quite the experience ROTFL.

Too bad Eris left. She really should have told him this directly or wrote better than giving him a really bad case of ED. xP

Ah the Divine artifact got cleansed :( Well it become the holy symbol of the Church of Roxy anyways. Shrine and all. xD
Aug 13, 2014 10:53 AM

Dec 2013
Aww.. I really wanted to see the elf and a dwarf illustrated as well as some more of the demon empress :D
Nov 5, 2014 11:44 PM
Oct 2014
i want to see orsted get illustrated tho
Apr 17, 2015 8:27 PM
Mar 2012
Going back to commenting on volume 6 as the light novel version released a completely new side story focusing on Aisha and Lilia. It was quite hilarious how Aisha was teasing her mother about the Owner of Dead End, pretending not to know that it he was her brother.
Sep 17, 2015 3:29 AM
Jan 2012
lovely volume, just thinking back about how Eris was when she was initially introduced and how she is now is just hnnnnnngg. I am going to miss her :( Sure she will come back later but it will most likely take quite some time. Same as with Sylphy.
Oct 4, 2015 9:44 AM
Oct 2015
Wow I am Really Starting to Like Eris But still I don't think She And Rudeus could become Good Couple.
Nov 19, 2015 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
Huh.
So that's what Aisha looks like.
Zenoba....looks more disappointing than what I imagined lol.
Dat Eris tho.
Best girl.

Jan 18, 2016 12:28 AM

Dec 2014
Orsted demolishing dead end... Wow.

I wonder who is Nanahoshi....?

Eris... :(

The part with Roxy.. :)

When is Sylphiette gonna return...?
Dec 8, 2020 1:13 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This volume is kinda hard to swallow if you are reading MT blind, which I m not... I have been waiting a long time to finally read this but had already seen it on the manga, and I gotta say, here, the manga does some stuff a bit better.

More on that later, since I already have an idea of where this is going after this, and when Eris will be back, it is easier to read and digest, and appreciate how much Eris was thinking about Rudeous in this decision, even though, she could have written it a bit better, like something along the lines "I love you, but I want to feel like I m worth to standing beside you and protect you in the future, so please respect me wishes, and until one day, stay safe" or something like that.

The impact this has on Rudeous is tremendous, right on vol7, if she had been more thoughtful about it (not her strongest point), there is also a chance Rudeous would go after her...

But again, getting ahead of myself, starting with the beginning.
The presents stuff a bit differently for Ashia and Lilia rescue, it is more streamlined and was more enjoyable there, since you had that extra bonding time of Ashia and Rudeous, of course, the LN gives way more context to it.

The fight against Orsted was intense, again, knowing a bit of his role and Rudeous in the future, I m definitely hyped to see him again later on, same for that Japanese girl.

I legit cried when they had to separate from Ruijerd, what a beautiful illustration at the end.

Tears also came to my eyes when the fate of Sauros and the rest was revealed to them, despite the viewer already knowing it beforehand (and me knowing her parents were dead).

Eris's actions were certainly surprising, and I do respect Rudeous by how much he was holding himself back, that said, it was a beautiful scene, and there was nothing wrong with it, despite what Eris said not being wrong, they love each other, it was heartwarming!
That said, the manga version was also a really amazing adaptation of this part, with some scenes not included here, that fit quite in as well.
(I hope Eris gets to say that sweet phrase to Rudeous again someday, it was hella endearing)

All in all, this last scene was really well handled, and I wouldn't shit on people that got caught of guard and were salty with the outcome.
That said, for the plot to move forward, I did like it, it is a bit forced to give back some screentime to the other heroines (each also worthy of Rudeous affection), but you do feel the weight of the decision Eris made, a bit from both sides, more from Rudeous starting vol7, but for sure, a moment I won't forget for the series, that also beautifully handed in the manga.

Talked about other heroines, Roxy's chapter at the end was really enjoyable, building up very meaningfully, but I do have to give some critic to the manga here since it was not said there, where Zenith is, dunno how is the mangaka gonna handle it, but the reveal of Zenith location and the choices the group made, really let you looking forward to seeing how all these characters will connect later on, with Rudeous.

Truly awesome volume, this will probably one of the most emotionally loaded ones, along with some stuff I m quite eager to read within the LN, in the short future, really hyping the Magic Academy a lot now.
Jun 13, 2021 8:13 AM

Sep 2020
Oh wow so many bombshell in this volume. Getting attacked by a god, Ruijerd leaving the party, the death of the Boreas family, and finally Rudeus and Eris losing their V card.

I completely agree with Eris decision but she couldnt pick a worst way to go about it. Leaving him suddenly after their first night with only a single letter to explain her thoughts, oh boy I can already foresee what would happen in the next volume.
Jul 31, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
My boi got his first when he is still 13yrs old. Lucky bitch. I am still disappointed in Eris in how she departed ways with Rudeus. She could've explained it to him a bit more to avoid confusions. A letter with only 2 sentences! Still the best volume so far for me. Aisha is cute xD.
Oct 12, 2021 5:56 PM

Feb 2018
Thanks for Rudeus and Eris sex scene, really like that sentence. Rudeus family are safe
Jul 6, 2023 5:49 PM
Oct 2017
Reading Vol 1-6 in preparation for S2 of the anime. Crazy this thread started in 2014. 

Anyways, probably the best volume so far. Everything after the Shirone Arc was just greatness. My advice is to watch the anime then read what it adapted in the LN for more detail. Win/Win. 

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

11 by Arkaniet »»
Apr 23, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.