Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 12:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that sure got quite intense as Five came into the picture. Nine's headache thing helped him realize it was Five. Really enjoyed this episode! Including Lisa's clumsiness. Still wondering what her role is.
Aug 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
Sol_Ou said:
I thought Five was going to have the place surrounded for when Nine arrived.

That would be too logical... the series can't end that soon! Also Five gave off the 'cat & mouse' vibe where she's probably going to be messing with them for a while.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 7, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2014
Vexper said:
Sol_Ou said:
I thought Five was going to have the place surrounded for when Nine arrived.

That would be too logical... the series can't end that soon! Also Five gave off the 'cat & mouse' vibe where she's probably going to be messing with them for a while.

Actually that would be a bad idea...
Aug 7, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
Duscholux said:
Why the hell are they planting bombs if those shouldn't explode?

Because they were 100% sure that the police, who have desperately been trying to disarm the bombs thus far, wouldn't miss the chance to successfully defuse the train bomb. If not the police, Nine and Twelve realized that Shibasaki would be the one to figure out the riddle in an instant (they said so in this episode), and he did.

Also, Shibasaki went a step further to make a connection between all of the locations of the bombing incidents and people who run those locations. They were all members of the Rising Peace Academy, and Nine and Twelve were sure Shibasaki would figure out the connection as well. That's why they planted a bomb because Nine and Twelve knew it would be disarmed.

But Nine and Twelve weren't expecting Five to show up.
Aug 7, 2014 12:23 PM
Jan 2011
Im too lazzy to get the 1st ep, but what was the name of the girl that got killed ( the one friends with the two guys) she was white haired to, maybe she(five) is alive?
Aug 7, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Samauri55ZeRo said:
Vexper said:

Actually that would be a bad idea...

Care to explain? Because Five is obviously aware of who is behind it and if she wanted to capture them then that's what logically she should have done... and it would have worked as this very episode showcased him showing up....
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 7, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2012
this shown gives me the death note , code geass feels, i love it
Aug 7, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2013
Best one so far as I can tell. It just glitters my hopes for this year.
Aug 7, 2014 12:39 PM
Oct 2012
vrist said:
lisa is the most useless female character I have ever seen in an anime. what does she add to the story? I couldn't care what happens to her, I'm more concerned for the other main characters because she might mess up everything.

Most useless character? Hm, You are a joke,

Sakura from Naruto adds nothing but someone bitching

Orihime from Bleach does nothing but become a pot device for three arcs and is practically useless in any fighting.

Lisa isn't supernatural, she isn't some beautiful woman. She's average and normal. She's cute but very well normal with problems from her past. I like her character and this episode added a light hearted feel in the first half of the three trying to work together, to no success of course.

The direction and cinematography of the scene used for the evil government is not an issue to me since it is hard to come up with a brand spanking new, original plot that hasn't ever been seen before.

Doesn't matter how amazing a concept is, if it doesn't execute well, it's shit.

Sword Art Online comes to mind.
Aug 7, 2014 12:40 PM
Jul 2014
For the reason Five is here....

Five is from a group called NEST and is affiliated with the FBI. NEST is an organization meant to deal with nuclear emergencies and is a part of homeland defense.
Aug 7, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
so through their attacks and bomb locations nine and twelve want to lead the police or rather shibazaki to bring something to light.

the higher ups and five are aware of it and wanted the bomb to blow up so all focus is on sphinx being mass murderers.

lisa for the first time seemed content and calm.

intense episode cannot wait for the next
Aug 7, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2011
Well that episode pretty much gave away the entire plot. I'm not sure I wanted it to go that way however.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Aug 7, 2014 12:44 PM

May 2013
Hmm, I guess that was decent English right there.

Lisa gets some funny moments and a bit of fanservice in this episode.
Hopefully we'll know more about her and hopefully her cooking can improve. (^_^)

So Nine and Twelve are setting these bombs not to kill people but lead the police towards the Rising Peace Academy. They knew Shibazaki would answer and make the connection, but there was an interference.
It was an interference from another child from the facility; someone who seems more skilled in hacking.
It was Five.

This just got more awesome.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 7, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2014
Ineptia said:
Well that episode pretty much gave away the entire plot. I'm not sure I wanted it to go that way however.

You sure it gave away the entire plot? your're banking on a lot there.
Aug 7, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
it seems like five has a personal vendetta against nine.

i don't see shibasaki approving of five's methods either. they'll probably clash soon enough.

i'm glad nine and twelve were able to figure out that it was five interfering with them. i kinda thought that they would start being helpless but it's good that's not the case.

lisa has been pretty useless though. she literally was just fan service material for this episode and it seems like she's just being a burden.

so basically nine and twelve don't want to kill anyone. they just want to raise awareness regarding rising peace academy and direct the police.

nine was a beast this episode. he panicked but still kept his cool.

ngl five seems like an overdone character though. i'm not fond of her yet
Aug 7, 2014 12:58 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, they spoke English and it did't sound horrible 10/10

This anime is pretty darn awesome and keeps getting better and better.
Aug 7, 2014 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
The fact that people are still a bit clueless as to why Lisa is a character in the show leaves me a bit surpr...yeah, not really surprised at all :P
Aug 7, 2014 1:12 PM
Jul 2014
jimjameswhatever said:
The fact that people are still a bit clueless as to why Lisa is a character in the show leaves me a bit surpr...yeah, not really surprised at all :P

lol let them go further into their misunderstanding....Everyone thinks they know whats going on but non of us really do. The last episode is going to rock a few people me thinks.
Aug 7, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Another great episode. This is the first anime I've watched that actually had decent English.

I love Five already. She's really has them cornered now and she also seems to have some sort of grudge against Nine; that scene with young Five and Nine was terrifying. I can't wait to see what happens next episode.

And I actually really like Lisa. Yes she's a bit hopeless but I also find her kind of charming.

another 5/5.
Aug 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
First half of the ep was pretty boring.. I was like.. oh a bomb and a riddle again.. derp.. but suddenly the second half was interesting.

Feels like Zankyou no Terror = Death Note 2 and Aldnoah.Zero = Code Geass 2 lol.
Aug 7, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode in my books, added some depth to nine and twelve (who where already pretty deep characters already). This anime is always leaving me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. I can see Shibasaki going against five in the future.

Nine was definitely the star of this episode. I don't really know what to say about five yet, she hasn't had enough screen time for me to form a solid opinion and I'd rather not judge her on her looks. Also the relief twelve showed when he found out nine was safe was probably the second best moment in this episode for me ( ^ _ ^ )
Aug 7, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 2014
tarca7 said:
Great episode in my books, added some depth to nine and twelve (who where already pretty deep characters already). This anime is always leaving me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. I can see Shibasaki going against five in the future.

Nine was definitely the star of this episode. I don't really know what to say about five yet, she hasn't had enough screen time for me to form a solid opinion and I'd rather not judge her on her looks. Also the relief twelve showed when he found out nine was safe was probably the second best moment in this episode for me ( ^ _ ^ )

I know right, shows how much he cares. But i'm still holding up my guard still...when will he show up again.
Aug 7, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
Looks like Nine and Twelve have some heart for humanity after all. Going as far as to disarm the bomb even though it might be risky. I'm surprised that Nine actually survived the blast. =O

I have a feeling that Lisa might get in the way of their plans just like Nine had said. Foreshadowing!

FIVE!!! I wonder what's her role in this story. This is getting interesting!
Aug 7, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2013
I loved this moment:

Aug 7, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
Guess Five didn't die back then???!! : 0

Mind games starts now OMG!!!

Lisa dad who left is Shibazaki.
Aug 7, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
Dang.
Aug 7, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
Well 9 just survived an explosion that should have killed him. They even said it was enough to blow up an entire train car and he was like right next to it. A new enemy has entered the struggle and it looks like she's on par with 9 and 12 for intelligence and scheming.
Aug 7, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2012
Looks like Mugen's and Spike's afro just HAD to be here. Such a cool design.

Liked the episode a DAMN lot, wish it was more fast paced.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Aug 7, 2014 1:52 PM
Oct 2012
At least Nine didn't walk away like he was invincible. He blacked out, injured and bleeding from the back. That made me smile. Least he can get away.

However, I feel like we jsut went through the first half and now with this sudden change of events...

A new plot has surfaced, no more Sphinx at all, only trying to stop Five cause she looks ruthless and maybe trying to put a new way to get the rising academy to light.

Also, they have some serious money. Nine threw out a macbook when it was hacked and grabbed a brand new one underneath. Holy shit, didn't know they were disposable though.
Aug 7, 2014 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
Duscholux said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think they purposely planted bombs to catch the attention of an individual that will aid Nine and Twelve. And that person would be Shibazaki. By solving the riddles and connecting each bomb, it would ultimately lead him to discover the Rise Peace Academy.

It could be that Nine and Twelve want someone to uncover and exploit the dirty secrets of the Rise Peace Academy.

I don't know. Just a speculation.
Aug 7, 2014 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
Samauri55ZeRo said:
tarca7 said:

I know right, shows how much he cares. But i'm still holding up my guard still...when will he show up again.

I'm scared now...I love it!
Aug 7, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
damn,that was pretty good episode
Aug 7, 2014 2:15 PM
Aug 2014
Seems weird to me that they plant a real bomb that's not supposed to explode, when they could save some effort using a fake one. Besides shouldn't Nine at least get burn wounds? Since the show aims to be rather realistic this seems rather off..

Besides that; AWESOME EPISODE! Can't believe I have to wait another week ..
I think Nine can become the most interesting and complex character in the series as the show progresses. He's just not as expressful as Twelve and I believe that's why it takes time to fully get to know him. I liked seeing him so lively and dedicated to disarming the bomb in opposite to his usual cold and calm character. (Guess I'm glad they didn't kept the show too realistic and killed him)

Excited about getting to know Five's background and motives, I love how the directing managed to make someone you've seen so little of seem so interesting.

4/5 for this episode, since it didn't beat ep 4 (I still watch those five last minutes over and over again GAAH SO GOOD!)
Aug 7, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
rinstincts said:
Duscholux said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think they purposely planted bombs to catch the attention of an individual that will aid Nine and Twelve. And that person would be Shibazaki. By solving the riddles and connecting each bomb, it would ultimately lead him to discover the Rise Peace Academy.

It could be that Nine and Twelve want someone to uncover and exploit the dirty secrets of the Rise Peace Academy.

You're right. If you scrolled down a little further on that same page you would have seen my answer.

pakoko said:

Because they were 100% sure that the police, who have desperately been trying to disarm the bombs thus far, wouldn't miss the chance to successfully defuse the train bomb. If not the police, Nine and Twelve realized that Shibasaki would be the one to figure out the riddle in an instant (they said so in this episode), and he did.

Also, Shibasaki went a step further to make a connection between all of the locations of the bombing incidents and people who ran those locations. They were all members of the Rising Peace Academy, (edited) a nonprofit organization known for its corruption, and Nine and Twelve were sure Shibasaki would figure out the connection as well. That's why they planted a bomb because Nine and Twelve knew it would be disarmed.

But Nine and Twelve weren't expecting Five to show up.

The Rising Peace Academy most likely hired Five to dispose of Nine and Twelve before they expose a big secret that could ruin the corrupt organization.
Aug 7, 2014 2:21 PM
May 2014
Fucking love this show. Certain nitpicks here and there, but overall it's just so fucking good, dammit.
Aug 7, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit that was intense.
#nanodayolo
Aug 7, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
Samauri55ZeRo said:
Ineptia said:

You sure it gave away the entire plot? your're banking on a lot there.

I am merely speculating but here's what I thought after watching the episodes so far
-Shibazaki was relegated to archives for investigating his superiors
-The pair hack into police archives
-They wonder if they can "trust" him
-The numerous flashbacks are probabaly to the Rising Peace Academy which is connected to a lot of powerful/influential people
-The academy probably taught them those technical skills to be used against the populace or at least that became the eventual purpose
-Five is someone who cooperated, the two MC didn't
-Since it was established that the two MC don't want to kill people, their purpose is to send a message
-The plutonium wasn't stolen by the two to make a bomb but to make a point
-Shibazaki makes an allusion to the nuclear bombing in Hiroshima and gets emotional about it (which draws their attention)
-Five is backed by US govt or is at least implied by the shot of the flag
-The people in charge can control the police and act above the law

Conclusion: Japan planning on going nuclear?
Other possibility: RPA is going to commit a false flag nuclear attack and control the populace that way (War on Terror)

Edit: Ironically, I think the two are going to play right into their hands until the finale.
IneptiaAug 7, 2014 2:30 PM
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Aug 7, 2014 2:24 PM
Oct 2010
This was a great ep, I wish the ones prior were as good.
GD1551Aug 7, 2014 2:54 PM
Aug 7, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
if nine and twelve don't plan on killing civilians and they stole the plutonium to send a message i wonder what they'll do with the plutonium now
Aug 7, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Five is one hot bitch
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 7, 2014 2:31 PM
Jul 2014
Suspenseful episode. Everything changed with Five's appearance.
Aug 7, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Wow the intensity in this episode. Five is pretty much a crazy person for not getting involve with the bomb. Looks like Five is going to play around with Nine and Twelve for awhile.

Didn't knew that Nine and Twelve care about humanity, and saving a person that Nine covered from the train explosion. Shibasaki felt disgust about Five's action.

As for Lisa, well I'm hoping that she can be useful for Nine and Twelve in later episodes. So far she is introducing herself on how she can do.

Aug 7, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
amazing episode, finally we see Five face :)
Aug 7, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
No comments,Sorry No Game No Life,Fate/Stay Night, But Zankyou no Terror is AOTY already

FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 7, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
well five obviously has a "fresh" look
risa doing nothing atm but i hope she getts better
it was the first time we saw things going off nine's control (his face when he got hacked)
Aug 7, 2014 2:55 PM

Sep 2013
retepeters said:
well five obviously has a "fresh" look
risa doing nothing atm but i hope she getts better
it was the first time we saw things going off nine's control (his face when he got hacked)

I agree. The previous episodes were just him predicting EVERYTHING, it was unbelievable and didn't add any tension. With Five coming into the picture I am happy there will finally be some THRILL AND SUSPENSE in this PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER. Even if it is still hard to believe.
Aug 7, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2014
Great episode as the plot thickens! So excited to learn more about Five, looks like she is here to fuck shit up. Interesting to see that Nine/Twelve don't want to kill anyone, seeing how far they went to disarm the bomb.
Aug 7, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2011
omerfg five looks awesome ^-^ and five, 5th episode? get it?
Aug 7, 2014 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that was the first decent episode so far. There was actually suspense this time. If every episode had been like this, I could better understand the appeal, even if the story quality still isn't there.
Aug 7, 2014 3:00 PM

Feb 2011
rinstincts said:
Duscholux said:

great thinking i agree with u <:
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.