Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was good episode, we find out more about Five. Shibazaki is more calm now while Nine isn't so much...

Actually now that I think about it, Five was at that place where Nine and Twelfth were also at when they were little. Twelfth's got some nice hacking skills though. We get an attack the subway station. Damn, what an episode.

Stark700Aug 7, 2014 9:39 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:26 AM
Oct 2012
Holy Fucking Shit. My goodness.

Clearly they didn't want to be murderers, going as far as to disarm the bomb.

That explosion though, I'm surprised he didn't die.

If anyone is going to complain and say why didn't they take Nine in for custody, someone saving another person from a blast radius wouldn't be labeled a terrorist.

This episode gets an eight. Stellar but nothing compared to the first and the fourth episode.

Also, Five, you crazy.
Aug 7, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2013
That new character Five looks interesting. Twelve and Nine don't look to happy knowing that Five is there in the city. Hopefully we find out about five next week and why the special bomb squad did not remove the bomb from the train.
Aug 7, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2008
Megumi Han as Five is so electrifying.

I wonder what's the motive behind Five's actions. Was she sure that Nine and Twelve would do whatever they can to prevent the bomb to cause damages or she just didn't care about the lives of the passengers?

And if I was Lisa, I would never touch anything thing because she witnessed what they can do with the incident in the first episode...
Aug 7, 2014 10:30 AM
Oct 2012
I'm scared of Five. Not only did she hack sphinx herself with no help, but also managed to make a mass message to everyone in the bloody city to say she found them.

However, Nine looked scared of Five more than anything else in that flashback, I'm unsure of how to feel about that. Was she good or bad back then?
Aug 7, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2010
That was just amazing!! :O

I knew that Nine and Twelve didn't want to kill anyone but damn! They'd readily risk getting exposed and injured to stop the bomb they put by their own. Totally didn't expect that. Lucky surviving that explosion ^^;

AND Five is one HOT CRAZY bitch XD Seems like she's OP in hacking and Merciless as hell too ^^;

"I found you" I doubt he'll get caught since he saved a citizen so he shouldn't be apprehended by the police. But if there are orders from above then maybe Nine is screwed?! Can't wait to see how things go from here >.<

Also DAT ENGLISH! Was real XD
Barion-ZaraAug 7, 2014 10:36 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2014
This episode definitely did not go in the direction I thought it would... but then again nothing in this anime ever does. Great direction as always by Watanabe and I'm really excited to see what direction they take both five and Lisa's character, because so far Lisa has continued to do nothing while I have no idea what five wants. 5/5 for this weeks episode and I can't wait until nexts'.
Aug 7, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2012
usuis said:
This episode definitely did not go in the direction I thought it would... but then again nothing in this anime ever does. Great direction as always by Watanabe and I'm really excited to see what direction they take both five and Lisa's character, because so far Lisa has continued to do nothing while I have no idea what five wants. 5/5 for this weeks episode and I can't wait until nexts'.

I'm just surprised nine survived the blast but never expected them to go and stop the bomb themselves. also, what happened with the police department. Were they told to let the bomb happen so the police themselves can't do it and rely on NEST AKA Five to do the work?
Aug 7, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
Did anyone else find the logical jump from "kids running around a school" to "there's a bomb in the red line metro train" a little.....weird?
"This fucking beer, It's fucking tasty" - Kaiji Itou
Aug 7, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2013
A lot of things confirmed in this episode:
1. Nine and Twelve are not trying to hurt anyone with their terrorist attacks.
2. Nine and Twelve are trying to get Shibasaki's attention to make the connection to the Rising Peace Academy, a nonprofit organization that supposedly have become a clusterfuck of corruption.
3. Shibasaki made this connection and starts to gather evidence about the police once more, even if it means risking his career.
4. Nine, Twelve, and Five seem to have the equal intelligence and same set of hacking skills. When Twelve mentions "Eating was just another task," I thought to myself that these three were "trained" everyday to become something like the FBI. We're still not sure to what end these kids were chosen for such entrainment.
5. Lisa is cute when she's not gloomy.

Overall another amazing episode. Five seems like the "complete product" of what she was trained for, while Nine and Twelve escaped before they could become "complete." Five gives off the feeling of a hunter, which goes with this episode's title of "hide and seek." It seems Nine has a traumatic experience with Five.
Aug 7, 2014 10:41 AM
Jan 2014
What an episode. Great introduction to Five.

Good to see that Lisa is doing better, despite the chaotic attempt at being useful.

This time Sphinx used the knowledge they had attained from the police cases in the previous episode.

Five's plan involved innocent lives. Nine's idea was good, using smokescreen to force most of the people out from the train car. That one girl though, he risked his life to save her.

pakoko said:
A lot of things confirmed in this episode:
5. Lisa is cute when she's not gloomy.

I agree :p

BRK25 said:
Were they told to let the bomb happen so the police themselves can't do it and rely on NEST AKA Five to do the work?

It was probably Five's idea to expose Sphinx as mass murderers. It counters their idea perfectly, since they're not trying to murder but to expose the corruption within the Rising Peace Academy. I mean a few lives within a train car wouldn't hurt right?
ResidentAug 7, 2014 10:48 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
FINALLY THIS EPISODE GIVES ME SOMETHING TO BE ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT OVER.

It gave the characters personality, showed interactions and a sense that they didn't know everything that was going on.

There was an ACTUAL FEAR OF DEATH this time around, the previous ones didn't have it and that is why this one felt so suspenseful.

The directing as usual is amazing along with stellar animation and sound.

Five so far has made a bigger lasting impression on me than the entire rest of the cast combined and she barely even had any lines. Now I am completely invested. Gaaah so good!

I didn't like how he survived the explosion though.. that just didn't make sense to me... The bath scene wasn't needed either but that's a nitpick.

Solid 8/10 for the episode. If it keeps up with episodes like these the series will probably get boosted to a 7/10 from me just for excitement factor. There aren't enough thrillers anymore.
KetenAug 7, 2014 11:46 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Great ep, that train scene kept me in suspense
Aug 7, 2014 10:47 AM
Oct 2012
I'm trying to wrap my head around something.

I didn't like the fanservice though, to be honest.

However, I did like it was brief, only a few seconds and nothing like other animes where the perosn moves, cleavage there, ass shot there, the works. Reminded me of a movie and that's it. I commend that kind of fan service since it was tame and brief.Lisa is trying and I really hope we see something redeemable. They wouldn't add her for fan service or eye candy. Now I'm waiting to see her use as a pawn.
Aug 7, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Nine left a the riddle easy so they could disarm the bomb since there goal isn't take dozens of people lives. Which makes sense since the first bomb that went off no one died IIRC. Though talk about crazy it was all a trap for one of their old people they knew Five to find them. I wonder what her goal is? It can't be anything good if she decided to use that explosion as a way for them to meet again.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 7, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
Surprising that the explosion didn't kill him...
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Aug 7, 2014 10:50 AM

Dec 2011
Didn't really enjoyed the first part of the episode, but the second part was pretty awesome. Looking forward to learn more about Five and Nine.
Aug 7, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
They are being cornered by Five.

Lisa tinkering with those device. Good thing the bomb didn't explode.

She wants to impress them after hearing she needs to leave as soon as possible. She's a little bit cheerful this episode.
Aug 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:

However, I did like it was brief, only a few seconds and nothing like other animes where the perosn moves, cleavage there, ass shot there, the works. Reminded me of a movie and that's it. I commend that kind of fan service since it was tame and brief.Lisa is trying and I really hope we see something redeemable. They wouldn't add her for fan service or eye candy. Now I'm waiting to see her use as a pawn.

You must have despised No Game No Life if you think that cleavage shot of Five was fanservice. I didn't even notice the "fanservice" until you mentioned it. That is because Five gives off the aura of Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct," or the aura of a beautiful psychopath. The cleavage shots and other whatever shots are just emphasizing the image of an insidious beauty that she is.
Aug 7, 2014 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
That English. Reminds me of Beck.
And Five appears. I tought that only Nine and Twelve where the survivors. And why is Five on the side of the law?
Jun 2013
Amazing xDDD

Chapter full of adrenaline.

May 2013
Looks like another person has joined in on the fun. Can't wait to learn more about Five.
Aug 7, 2014 10:57 AM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
BRK25 said:

You must have despised No Game No Life if you think that cleavage shot of Five was fanservice. I didn't even notice the "fanservice" until you mentioned it. That is because Five gives off the aura of Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct," or the aura of a beautiful psychopath. The cleavage shots and other whatever shots are just emphasizing the image of an insidious beauty that she is.

No at Lisa. five was fine, cause she gives off the vibe you describe. She looks like a pro in hacking and practically anything that Nine and Twelve can do.
Aug 7, 2014 10:59 AM
Dec 2011
Doesn't hisami touji's childishness gives you gay vibes ?
Aug 7, 2014 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
pakoko said:

No at Lisa. five was fine, cause she gives off the vibe you describe. She looks like a pro in hacking and practically anything that Nine and Twelve can do.

Oh you meant the shower scene haha my bad. Well she seems like the typical airheaded cute girl so she definitely doesn't fit with the whole atmosphere thus far. And yeah I'm also waiting for her to be used as a pawn (and then she messes up).
Aug 7, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2011
LOL they finally got an actual English speaker this episode. It's much better than all the other anime with the English speakers having heavy accents.
Aug 7, 2014 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
Silver4000 said:
That English. Reminds me of Beck.
And Five appears. I tought that only Nine and Twelve where the survivors. And why is Five on the side of the law?

The rest of them didn't die... they just couldn't escape. Meaning they were part of that "secret training program" for the whole duration of it... so Five is better at doing anything Nine and Twelve can do, probably.

Loved this episode. I was wondering where this anime wanted to go, since the police were playig right into Nine and Twelve's hands. The introduction of an actually capable antagonist made this even better.
Dec 2011
Phewww what a scene. Lisa is growing on me, a bit cheerful is good, I dislike her being all silent and down before.

Five, what a crazy gurl are u. but I think she predicted that Nine can solve and find a way to her interference. But damn though these people are playing with people's lives.

I'm still looking forward to Lisa's involvement and Five's game :D
lilymulAug 7, 2014 11:16 AM
Sep 2013
Dang so Five is the main antagonist. pretty good episode seems all she cares about is destruction and in total control. Poor Lisa trying to help but just seems so lost in the shuffle of things. Hopefully she will be useful to them.
Aug 7, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
My mom saw this, she liked it and wants more.
Aug 7, 2014 11:14 AM
Jul 2014
lisa is the most useless female character I have ever seen in an anime. what does she add to the story? I couldn't care what happens to her, I'm more concerned for the other main characters because she might mess up everything.
Aug 7, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing episode though a tad bit predictable.

Five complete ownage of the police and the terrorists.

Lisa messing with bombs and trying to cook, but still not being of much use...well there was the bit of service we got.
Aug 7, 2014 11:18 AM
Jun 2013
vrist said:
lisa is the most useless female character I have ever seen in an anime. what does she add to the story? I couldn't care what happens to her, I'm more concerned for the other main characters because she might mess up everything.

WTF ¬¬

Lisa x Twelve OTP
Aug 7, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
I hope that this 'new character' will not destroy the serie.
Aug 7, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2008
It seems that, my predictions weren't that far off http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1219387&show=180#post181
The legendary "evil government" plot device gets introduced along with the cliche "super villain/l33t hax0rz".
The "terrorists", obviously, take the moral high-ground by risking their lives to save one random civilian and magically survive the explosion at point-blank range. Wouldn't be anime if they weren't super likeable, moral crusaders in a mission against "evil", now would it?

Where's the comedian who called the protagonists "nihilistic"? and I quote: "I wonder if Mr. Super Writer Gen Urobuchi is somewhere wishing he came up with our two MC's here." I'm sure Urobuchi is thinking of better ways to end his miserable existence with some dramatic flare, since he will never achieve such heights of greatness in writing.

The autistic heroine serves no purpose. Obviously. Is she supposed to be their moral compass? Because they're so "nihilistic"? Someone needs to put these civilian saving monsters in line before more people get saved!

The direction is great but the writing, to put it mildly, leaves much to be desired. Can someone give Watanabe a competent writer once in a blue moon?
OwaruSekaiAug 7, 2014 11:32 AM
Aug 7, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2013
hantere said:
Dang so Five is the main antagonist.

Iunno if she's the main antagonist quite yet. Remember Shibasaki talking about Rising Peace Academy? Five may just be a puppet of that organization to silence Nine and Twelve from exposing their corruption to the public.

hantere said:
pretty good episode seems all she cares about is destruction and in total control.

Ehh I'd say she cares more about cornering her prey and enjoying the panic she sees in her prey. The destruction from the bombing was just a way to mess with Nine. She could care less about a couple of people dying.
Aug 7, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
OwaruSekai said:
It seems that, my predictions weren't that far off http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1219387&show=180#post181
The legendary "evil government" plot device gets introduced along with the cliche "super villain/l33t hax0rz".
The "terrorists", obviously, take the moral high-ground by risking their lives to save one random civilian and magically survive the explosion at point-blank range. Wouldn't be anime if they weren't super likeable, moral crusaders in a mission against "evil", now would it?

Where's the comedian who called the protagonists "nihilistic"? and I quote: "I wonder if Mr. Super Writer Gen Urobuchi is somewhere wishing he came up with our two MC's here." Sure he is buddy, sure he is.

The autistic heroine serves no purpose. Obviously. Is she supposed to be their moral compass? Because they're so "nihilistic"? Someone needs to put these civilian saving monsters in line before more people get saved!

The direction is great but the writing, to put it mildly, leaves much to be desired. Can someone give Watanabe a competent writer once in a blue moon?

While I see your complaints and I agree with the fact that using the whole "EVIL GOVERNMENT MWAHAHA" plot device is really stupid. This character "Five" adds suspense to the story that it very much needed. There was no fear of death before, there was nothing keeping me excited, it was just really dull.

So of course, while the series is not remotely perfect, I think adding this stuff in makes it better as a thriller and psychological anime. I really didn't see what people saw in it before this episode. (Besides the directing, animation and sound of course)
Aug 7, 2014 11:34 AM
Oct 2010
I will be disappointed if Megumi Han doesn't win a VA award this year.
Aug 7, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2009
:'(

I thought that was it for Nine!
This show is makin me care for them.

I don't like Five! Kowai!!
But interesting way nonetheless to weed them and their intentions out.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 7, 2014 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty intense episode,though the Five's pronunciation of her reunion with Nine with fireworks was kind of cheesy.
Aug 7, 2014 11:48 AM

Dec 2011
LOL, Lisa tinkering with the things inside the apartment almost made her lose her life.

Hahaha, Twelve made her faint by scaring her XD.

It was rather interesting seeing someone arrive from "MURICA, from what that girl looks like she's someone from the place where our lil terrorists were also.

It looks like Twelve and Nine are doing their usual jobs of setting bombs around, this time in a train.

Yeah... poor Lisa failed miserably at cooking...

Sphinx livestreaming time!!!

Hmmm, no signal huh... I wonder if that white haired girl had anything to do with this.

I like how they refuse to kill others, even though being more than capable of doing so, it gives them a special aura of sorts.

Damn, Nine started to panic and had a hunch of who must be behind all of this.

Poor Nine got hurt trying to save that girl.

"I found you ^ ^" loool

Ah, so her number/name is Five huh.
StefanMZAug 7, 2014 11:57 AM
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 7, 2014 11:49 AM
Jul 2014
My fav episode atm the ending was awesome
Aug 7, 2014 11:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Friggin' great ep. Edge of seat stuff. Nine and Twelve get another opponent.The Five girl seems to be under the control of the Americans (although her handler had a suspiciously British accent).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2014 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
Loved the episode! Looks like we get a new character, five, and she is an enemy of the main guys.
Aug 7, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
Eh, not a fan of five's design... feels way out of place in the series.

Really waiting for Lisa to become an actual character rather than just being there. I seriously thought she'd have much more influence on the series five episodes in than she has now.

Decent episode otherwise, probably my least favourite of the lot so far though.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 7, 2014 12:09 PM

Feb 2012
OwaruSekai said:

Where's the comedian who called the protagonists "nihilistic"? and I quote: "I wonder if Mr. Super Writer Gen Urobuchi is somewhere wishing he came up with our two MC's here." I'm sure Urobuchi is thinking of better ways to end his miserable existence with some dramatic flare, since he will never achieve such heights of greatness in writing.

It's not a matter of having a great writer, it's a matter of writing something that can strike a balance between intellectual thought and the ability to make money/get more viewers
(Stories that are easy to digest / get a reaction out of people, archetypes people just love to see for the 1000th time, etc.)

But to give credit where credit is due, I don't think the plot will be the most important thing about the show in the end. As long as I'm satisfied in the end with how the characters all end up meshing together I think this show will do just fine. Think Ping Pong the animation for instance: very simple story, but the characters are what brought the show to life.
idontwannapostAug 7, 2014 12:12 PM
Aug 7, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2012
Looks like Twelve and Nine's motives are slowly being revealed. Lisa needs to stop being just a wallflower and a damsel in distress/love interest. She can't even cook XD...... Fail
I enjoy the thrill of each episode (it is very engaging), but the characters are all very lacking at this point.

semperdickus said:
My mom saw this, she liked it and wants more.

That's awesome
zzzeallyAug 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 7, 2014 12:11 PM
Oct 2009
Why the hell are they planting bombs if those shouldn't explode?
Aug 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2012
So far Lisa's only purpose has been comic relief and fanservice..
Five made them look like dumbasses, panicking and almost dying from the bomb they planted themselves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
I thought Five was going to have the place surrounded for when Nine arrived.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.