Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2014 5:18 AM

Jan 2014
Curse that censoring! great episode none the less.
I was quite surprised to see Hinami's mom being a Ghoul.
Aug 8, 2014 5:22 AM

Nov 2012
CandyFace said:

I was quite surprised to see Hinami's mom being a Ghoul.

what? OF COURSE she's a ghoul -_-
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 8, 2014 5:24 AM
Dec 2010
One of the better eps in this adaptation thus far, presentation-wise at least. Like everyone says, they're clearly wanting to hit the Dove arc.

The animation is still quite good (when it's not being censored), though, and I even liked the added fight at the beginning. That led to them ending it with an odd cliffhanger, but most of us know the pacing issues.Good voice acting and music, though. DAT OST!

Hop aboard the feels train, everyone, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Aug 8, 2014 5:36 AM
May 2014
Coming from someone who hasn't read the manga, this anime is nothing short of a disappointment. They had plenty of events to work with in this episode, but the scenes are so poorly played out that any opportunity to enthrall the audience is turned to shit. Already half-way through (6/12) and it doesn't look promising, in fact it looks pretty bad.

Akame ga Kill has been hovering just above the mediocre line as well, but at least they play their cards right when shit happens and the characters are actually getting development early on giving an optimistic feel as far as what is to come.
Aug 8, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2013
Poor Hinami...She lost her father and probably now her mother :(
Aug 8, 2014 6:25 AM

May 2014
Very good episode (y) too bad the censoring ruined it a lil bit :/
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Aug 8, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
I don't get why they didn't show the dads face. Also I don't understand why they can't just skip over the gore parts, and add them in on the blu ray. Seems like they're deliberately trying to shove it in my fucking face. I got over the black shit but then they just randomly added a white light coming from the window. I prefer it when they don't even try to explain the shadows and censorship.
Aug 8, 2014 6:41 AM

Apr 2013
RaininChocolate said:
Maledict said:

I see, thanks. So, following that, was the falling of the i-beams really just an accident, or did someone actually kill Rize?

They mentioned in episode 4 that her death probably wasn't an accident. If you're asking for a more definite answer, here it is if you don't mind spoilers

The first spoiler was revealed last episode or 2 episodes ago. The 2nd one.........I shall send 8 assassin after you.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 8, 2014 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
Haytin said:
I don't get why they didn't show the dads face. Also I don't understand why they can't just skip over the gore parts, and add them in on the blu ray. Seems like they're deliberately trying to shove it in my fucking face. I got over the black shit but then they just randomly added a white light coming from the window. I prefer it when they don't even try to explain the shadows and censorship.

the reason why the father was never shown is because in manga he was already dead when hinami and her mom were introduced. you hardly can draw a face of somebody you dont know and try to characterize him, dont you?

well, i think the reason why they are censoring the gore is because otherwise a major part of the fanbase would complain about how the show butchered the gore scenes etc.
i think as it is now is okay. yes, i rather want it uncensored, but i also rather watch this than not having an anime of it at all, since this adaptation is even with the swapping of arcs and censoring still good.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 8, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2013
After 200 anime this is the 1st that managed to get into my "Dropped" list. The censoring is stupid, ok I get it we need to skip the gore parts but I have no idea what the hell even happened before reading the comments...I was like "what now, is he split whole in half?Is his head missing? Is his arm missing? Is nothing missing at all?".
Aug 8, 2014 8:31 AM
Jun 2012
This episode would of been totally cooler if they didn't freaking rush like 40 chapters. ._.
Aug 8, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2013
I cry at that censorship. It's to be expected though.
I'm guessing that the mother will be killed by the doves like the father was.
I pity that family. Especially the mother.
Aug 8, 2014 9:01 AM

May 2012
Zeally said:
damn that cliff hanger. Hope her mother lives

decent episode

Dat MILF's now part of the ghoulhunters' harem.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
MuFeR said:
After 200 anime this is the 1st that managed to get into my "Dropped" list. The censoring is stupid, ok I get it we need to skip the gore parts but I have no idea what the hell even happened before reading the comments...I was like "what now, is he split whole in half?Is his head missing? Is his arm missing? Is nothing missing at all?".

I guess this was also your very first Anime with gore scenes/themes? And It wasn't Stupid It was common on Anime like this.
It's a strategy. They do it in purpose so that the viewers of this Anime will buy the BluRay or DVD when it comes out and it will be uncensored.
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 8, 2014 9:49 AM

Feb 2008
TOO. MANY. FEELS.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Aug 8, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2010
To me the episode was pretty good, I like where this is going! (mother-daughter feels ;_;)
Aug 8, 2014 10:06 AM

Oct 2013
Boring

Aug 8, 2014 10:32 AM
Jun 2014
I liked the Episode :)
Aug 8, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Saskee said:
Boring
ya i blame that studio that made naruto

Studio Pierrot needs to stick with making bad shounen and not adapt good manga
Aug 8, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
Moodie said:
Saskee said:
Boring

I hope you were not too subtle for him.

The only reason to rush the hell out of a good manga is to get some cash fast for the next anime they'll make then eventually come with a "remake" when they feel like having enough money or lack of material to do. Or just create a movie based around things they skipped and relate them to the events of the anime serie.

Anyway , for me , so far the only anime I'm about to drop is Jinsei because of lack of translation and I lost the interest in it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 8, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
Moodie said:

I hope you were not too subtle for him.

The only reason to rush the hell out of a good manga is to get some cash fast for the next anime they'll make then eventually come with a "remake" when they feel like having enough money or lack of material to do. Or just create a movie based around things they skipped and relate them to the events of the anime serie.

Anyway , for me , so far the only anime I'm about to drop is Jinsei because of lack of translation and I lost the interest in it.

production ig do a good job on akame ga kill.... i hope tokyo ghoul adapted by production ig or madhouse or even A-1 instead... at least they would make it 25-26 episode...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 8, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was amazing, great animation in the fight, you're all stupid, so what if they changed two small arcs around? and the censor? it's on TV and there will be an uncensored Blu-Ray version! SO GO BUY IT!
Oh and Naruto >>> Tokyo Ghoul
Aug 8, 2014 11:10 AM

Feb 2011
censored. :(
AND WUAT NO POOR HER, MOTEHR DONT DIE, USELESS MAIN CHARA GO FIGHT
Aug 8, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
This episode was amazing, great animation in the fight, you're all stupid, so what if they changed two small arcs around? and the censor? it's on TV and there will be an uncensored Blu-Ray version! SO GO BUY IT!
ur comparing two shitty anime at least one manga is better and not dragged out for the cash cows
Aug 8, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2011
God damn it Hinami. Running off like that after your mother told you to fucking wait for her. And now she's going to die. Great job. It was pretty sad to see her father get killed like that though and that her mother is going to fall the same way after letting her live.
Aug 8, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
FluffyFlesh said:

The only reason to rush the hell out of a good manga is to get some cash fast for the next anime they'll make then eventually come with a "remake" when they feel like having enough money or lack of material to do. Or just create a movie based around things they skipped and relate them to the events of the anime series.

Damn it, they are not skipping an arc they just rearranged it. Maybe yes they did skip some scenes but just a few and altering or adding some scenes/details too.
Take a look on this post.

ninjastarforcex said:
production ig do a good job on akame ga kill.... i hope tokyo ghoul adapted by production ig or madhouse or even A-1 instead... at least they would make it 25-26 episode...

It's not Production IG, It's White Fox!
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 8, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
Moodie said:
ichii_1 said:
ur comparing two shitty anime at least one manga is better and not dragged out for the cash cows

True, Tokyo Ghoul have ended after that whole white haired Kaneki thing :)
Aug 8, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode, kinda got emotional near the end there.
Aug 8, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2014
The censoring, jeez, it's really bothering me
Aug 8, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2009
I liked this episode, overall, the anime's ok. I'm getting tired of hearing people complain though >_>

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 8, 2014 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
Kind of a meh...... episode in my opinion
Aug 8, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
Sigh, I just wish the show had more character development. =_=
Aug 8, 2014 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Broke my heart clean in two.
My, it must be so incredibly hard to be a mother...sigh.

Great episode. First one that really affected me. At least Nishiki and Kimi currently have a happy ending.
Aug 8, 2014 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
Well that was good. Even if the order of events was different it is fine as it does not really need to follow that order.

Anyway episode was good. And imo it does not feel that rushed.
Aug 8, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
Lol to that filler though it was ok.
Aug 8, 2014 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
The fight felt too short, and the censoring kinda ruined it, but it was a solid battle, nonetheless. It was a bit fast paced, but i kinda got used to it, because every episode has been like this. I felt a little sad for Nishio, but due to the fast pacing, i couldn't bond to him properly. The fight between Mado and Yakumo ( I couldn't remember the other guy's name) was amazing! The weapons Mado and the other guy I'm pretty sure are made of kagune, although, It's just a prediction. I'm watching only the anime, once it ends I'll continue with the manga. And the end... OH THE FEELS!
Aug 8, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
>Kaneki is walking around in a light blue jacket
>Hinami is running looking for help
>Hinami runs into someone wearing light blue
>Me thinking its Kaneki -> :D
>It ends up being some old hag :(

They did that on purpose D: Damn them...
Aug 8, 2014 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
GG, Hinami,
Aug 8, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
Touka is too cool. She kicked ass this episode.
Aug 8, 2014 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
The kid messed up. Kids never leave your parent's side when out in public you might run into dangerous people.

Great episode!!!
Aug 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Jun 2009
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
GG, Hinami,

If I remember correctly, Hinami doesn't run off in the manga. I believe they run into Mado and Amon in the middle of the busy street.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 8, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
As a manga reader this adaptation is still disappointing. Pierrot is turning a very good sienen series into more of a generic shounen.

I'll watch this until the end because its only 12 episodes and there are certain scenes I hope are animated.

But seriously, if anyone is thinking about reading the manga. Do it. I guarantee it is a lot better than this adaptation.
Aug 8, 2014 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
Ryouko Fueguchi is gone now, there is not way she will survive that battle :( Touka's fight would have been perfect if it weren't for the censoring :D
Aug 8, 2014 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
Episode was alright
Aug 8, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
"So pretty..."

Cue the tears. Simple yet poignant moment things like that really hit me hard.

Touka, you and you ghoulish angel wings are beautiful.
Aug 8, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2014
Heartwarming T^T
Aug 9, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2014
It Took my breath from the first 5 minutes !! JUST WOOOW ! love this anime!!
SAO : A World With You :)
Aug 9, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
Holy crap! So much happened. So much for calm before the storm. I didn't cry or anything but i felt the emotion in this episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 9, 2014 2:45 AM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode. Mind=blown. I thought this was going to be a meh episode rushed from the manga but nope! I was amazed. I'm going to re-watch everything in future when the BDs are out.

Touka vs Tsukiyama's fight was censored pretty badly but I'm not going to complain much though I definitely prefer the manga version.

Finally I get to see Touka's dere side! I'm glad that Perriot adapted this part well. :3

Rest of the episode before Hinami looking for her father was anime-original but it was refreshing to see this. They modified Investigator's arc in a nice way.

Holy shit!!! That bastard Jason, I got goosebumps seeing him fighting and imagining his fight with the MOST BA character!! :D

The episode which covered with familial relationship of Ghouls and Hinami's estranged relationship with her mother was heartwarming. Beautiful stuff. <3

Ryouko. ;_; Bye bye. :(

Hopefully they finish Investigator arc in next episode since it was not a powerful arc story wise when compared to fuckin awesome Aogiri Tree arc!

So yeah, they adapted and modified this part of manga good enough. I hope they give the last 5 episodes to Aogiri Tree else I'm gonna fuckin rage!!! >.<
Aug 9, 2014 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
Ok since there's stuff bothering me quite a lot, can someone explain this to me who has read the manga (I don't bother about spoilers) or at least tell me if it's gonna be explained:

1. Is the origin of the Ghouls explained? Where do they come from and why are they basically killing machines in human clothing?

2. If Ghouls can only eat human meat, exactly why is coffee ok? And can they eat animals? Like raw or even cooked cow? Touka was able to eat some fried chicken-y stuff, that's what got me wondering.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.