Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, more visions..

The drama escalated quite a bit this episode though. A punch right into the face of David. Ouch. Yanagi makes her move too. Well anyways yeah, idk what direction all this drama will take with its route but I got a feeling it won't end pretty.

Stark700Aug 7, 2014 7:09 AM
Aug 7, 2014 6:59 AM

May 2009
As spoiler showed David got punched and slapped
Aug 7, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 7, 2014 8:39 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Pretty sure that Okikura's theme is "Nocturne In E Flat Major, Op.9 No.2" by Frédéric Chopin. Lovely Masterpiece!

Flustered Touko is the cutest! :3 . So, she can now see a more vivid version of the future!? Nice!

Yuki is gradually becoming an annoying character. Why'd he hit Okikura when he was just being straightforward? I wished Okikura would punch him back too! -.-
Though good thing the matter didn't escalate much, thanks to Yanagi. She was right on about Okikura intention of not racing at all!

Nice Touko & Okikura moments towards the end. Okikura's dialogues were quite poetic but he delivered them really good. Just get together already! >.<

Hiro as usual, trying his best to do things for Sachi. Their little fireworks date was nice though. (^^)

Good episode. Bittersweet day for Okikura though; getting punched and slapped in one episode, but getting to spend quality time with Touko as well.
His mom is hot, btw. Lucky dad!

Aug 7, 2014 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
Well, this episode was better than the last one, but still, pretty uninteresting.
Maybe it's just be, but all those events that happened in this episode didn't connect well and seemed kinda random. At least some plot finally happened. But all the characters are so annoying in Glasslip, especially in this episode. Even though I disliked Sachi in the beginning, now I don't really mind her (well, she rarely appears so yeah lol).
Aug 7, 2014 8:50 AM

May 2013
Man Okikura being punched and slapped this episode. I guess he found what he was looking for.

Dec 2012
beautiful episode. i didn't expect kakeru would shed tears at the end, hits me right in the feels. i wont be surprised if kakeru and yuki become bestfriends towards the end and i want that to happen. i cant wait for next week D:

Jun 2013
Didn't really like Yuki that much in this episode. I'm still really happy for Hiro and Sachi though but I hope Hiro confesses soon.
Aug 7, 2014 8:54 AM
Aug 2011
If you win Touko is yours? You disgusting fucker.

This script makes me gag.

I'm glad there was at least one good slap here.
Aug 7, 2014 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
another great episode :D

kakeru got punched and slapped in one episode, in one day too, pretty harsh -_- but in the end, he got what he want though

"all i can hear is your voice"
"i keep seeing you, too"

maybe that's the most romantic line in this serie XD love that scene most!!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 7, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2012
this episode at least had some entertaining moments because the characters were acting like complete idiots..

parfaited said:
If you win Touko is yours? You disgusting fucker.

that scene was cringeworthy.
Aug 7, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
David deserved those punch and slap. Seriously I really hate him. He's like one of those weird dick like Tsumugu.

I didn't really understand this episode. I wasn't sure if David likes Touko as a lover or he was acting weird because Touko can see visions like him.

Aug 7, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
Umm... what? What is with these two bland main characters? To be honest, I can't feel the romance between Kakeru and Touko. Kakeru's maintaining his poker face even with all that conversations and moments with Touko. No flustered moments at all? Like really? And he was saying some pretty embarrassing things with a straight face. I can't feel the feelings, man. Then you mean to say they're gonna kiss next episode after all the cheap development? Wow. *slow clap*

More Yanagi please. Yanagi is the savior.
Aug 7, 2014 9:35 AM

Mar 2014
Another cheating future vision/voice event crap, it just means that the underdog will never stand a chance and those 2 are like destined to be together.
Kakeru's attitude.. he pretty much deserves those punch and slap.
- A punch for Mr.Know-it-all-I-will-win-no-matter-what attitude
- A slap for using the girls as prize like he has authority to decide
Aug 7, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
In the end, these kids don't know what they want.
PS: Do you need 3D glasses to watch fireworks? How? Why? What? Who? When?
Aug 7, 2014 9:45 AM
Jan 2014
What a random episode lol.

I don't understand why Yuki punched Kakeru because he was being straight forward. In fact Yuki just seemed butthurt that the girl he liked doesn't like him back.

I'll admit Kakeru deserved to be slapped by Yanagi but I'm sure Kakeru expected it to happen which is why he made that challenge to Yuki.

The Hiro and Sacchi moment was nice, I'm still not sure if she likes him romantically. But something tells me they are going to have a bunch of drama coming later on.

The Touko and Kakeru moments were nice as well.
Burgerboner69Aug 7, 2014 9:50 AM
Aug 7, 2014 9:52 AM

May 2009
Silver4000 said:
PS: Do you need 3D glasses to watch fireworks? How? Why? What? Who? When?

Those aren't 3D glasses.
Aug 7, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
yes i like the okikura x touko pairing, however he is really a stupid douche some times (not even a smart douche)
glad he got slapped and punched

and despite okikura has a strange personality, i even hate more yuki, cause now he always has those buthurt stupid kid actions
retepetersAug 7, 2014 10:04 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
MFW when the beautiful chickens humble us with their presence once more

HAHAHA basically "hey bebby, the future fragments don't matter, cuz all I hear is your voice." How's that for a pickup line? Anyways, I guess they decided to give up on going any deeper into the whole future sight thing. At this point, I can safely say that this is one of those series where it's so bad that it's good.

On a more analytical note, this show has been trying to get itself back on track starting from last episode, and in some ways it has. However, the characters are still not well developed for me to understand what the characters are thinking. Okikura is one of the most unnecessarily complex characters I've seen. He goes all over the place to the point in which I don't know if he confessed to Touko on a whim, much like how he wanted to start a fight with Yuki.

Another upcoming problem is that the pieces are somewhat set in stone. Touko is with David, Yana with Yuki, and Hiro with Sacchan. What comes next? I can only fear that it will get more complicated and this show will spiral down even further, if that's even possible. Or are they actually going to try and tell us more about the characters, like Touko with her glass shop, Yuki with his running, and Sacchan with her hospitalization story? However, even if they take the latter direction, at 6 episodes in already this direction would be an awkward transition.
pakokoAug 7, 2014 11:06 AM
Aug 7, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
I definitely feel like touko and daivd are progressing, however i don't think they will become a couple until things settle down in the group............because there are so many emotions flying around right now and god hahaa daivd-kun looks like and reminds me a lot of sousuke sagara ....without all teh military stuff, he seems to know very little about emotions and seems to try to find reason more than anything.
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki
Aug 7, 2014 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
I still don't ship any of them nor I don't give a fuck who ends up with who. It's pretty obvious there won't be any pairing just like NagiAsu.
David is the only interesting character so far. At least he does something,even with that poker face of Tsumugu. Touko is as annoying as always. Same for Yuki. Yanagi is still the best girl who deserves better than the guys here. I don't care of the rest.

P.S. Touko's VA would do nice screams for an eroge imo.
Aug 7, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Honestly you guys. . . . .When did Okikura start to like Touko?!?!?

Am I the only one who feels NO chemistry between them at all????
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 7, 2014 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
It was a fine episode, the drama starts once again. I really like David's personality for some reason, he might be my favourite character.
Aug 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
overall, the episode was more interesting but i still felt awkward watching some parts.

david got punched and slapped in the same episode. i gotta commend yukinari and yanagi for that.

hiro and sacchi still don't get enough screen time.

touko is still as stupid as ever. her "EHHHHHH????"s are still the worst.

i know that the voice actress for touko and the scriptwriter are new but i didn't think that they would be as bad as they are.

pa works has disappointed this time around
Aug 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
strike 2 Kakeru-kun xD
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 7, 2014 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
Punched and slapped. Poor Kekaru. He did bring Yuki and Yanagi together. Since Touko wants them to be together. Hiro and Sacchan <3

Shed a tear at the end.

I see only you
I hear only you

T_T
Aug 7, 2014 11:06 AM
Jun 2012
This is a pretty weird anime, the way things happen and progress seems very off, but I can't figure what is really wrong. Also, I think it's kinda funny how Hiro and Sachi's relationship is completely removed from the other four characters and is in nature very contrasting, since it's cute and slowly progressing while the other four characters are mixed up in drama.
Aug 7, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
Out of all the poorly developed characters, Yuki is the absolute worst. He's been acting like a jealous bitch the entire series and he really deserved somebody to hit him, too.

David is still easily the least irritating character in the cast, with Hiro and Sachi following close behind.
Aug 7, 2014 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
Am I the only one thinking that Yakayama's slap was better then Imi's punch?
A lot of stuff is going down while Hiro and Sachi is basically living in their own world.
So much drama leading to a lot of awkwardness in this episode and the cheery ending theme didn't help either lol.
Yeah these characters are under developed so far but if you guys hate it so much then why continuing to watch this?
Aug 7, 2014 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Deciding who gets which girl by race? They aren't cattle you know.
It got a little better,but it still average at the best.
Aug 7, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2011
So Kakeru heard Touko call out his name huh.

Awww, Touko blushing is really cute :3

It was nice of them to decide to surprise Sachi with a fireworks festival.

When Yukinari went to Kakeru's house it felt like he was going there for a showdown rather than talking lol.

LOL, Kakeru got KO-ed by Yukinari's punchieeeee!

Well... at least Kakeru knew that he had said too much and that it was his fault for getting punched in the face.

Hiro... you so silly...

Ohooo, Kakeru's mom is really gorgeous :3

LOL, a showdown in the schoolyard XD!!!

Damn... Kakeru's everyone's punching/slapping bag today...

Well, more or less Kakeru confessed to Touko I could say.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 7, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2013
Kakeru is such a prick. Talking about Yanagi and Touko as if they're things to be won when they're standing right there. It's also some really shoddy and shitty writing. Thank god Yanagi was there; her slap was the only thing that saved this scene.
Aug 7, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
"You can't just do the things that you want to do. That's not how the world works."

I really appreciate the classical music in the soundtrack, and it's kind of a relief to know that Kakeru's mom isn't dead, just traveling because she's a concert pianist. Is his "key" to the future music, or does it just occur randomly? I know for Touko's it's glass or anything shiny. I also found it interesting when Yukinari said that the name Okikura is famous, which implies that his mom is a really well-known pianist, even in what seems to be the little town that our characters live in.

But I'm still confused, especially about Yukinari and Yanagi's relationship. Yanagi said something along the lines of "Mom is making breakfast", correct? So that should suggest that they share a birth mother, unless Yukinari is a cousin who was sent to live with Yanagi's family after his parents died/ went away, is a relative staying with Yanagi, or was adopted. Either way, I'm not sure about this whole implied incest thing. It seems way too similar to the Suguha/ Kirito scenario in SAO, which was honestly not necessary and really creepy. I guess this anime is targeting different types of relationships [ ex. Sacchan and Touko ], but I'm not sure if incest is really necessary.

As for Kakeru, I still don't think I like him as a character. In that confrontation with Yukinari, he was really cold, and his suggestion that whoever wins "gets to keep Touko" was just strange, as though they're primal animals fighting for the right of having a mate. I'm pretty sure that's not what was intended.

Sacchan and Hiro are still pretty cute, but Glasslip, get your act together. We're seeing relationship development, but it all seems forced, badly put together, and perhaps, an attempt to echo Nagi no Asukara, but a pitiful one at that.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 7, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2008
I dont have much to say really...this anime started interesting...but now its just so...boring. I cannot feel any emotion or logic from the characters. Everything is random. Random could be good but this is not being good at all. anyway...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 7, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
I still can't see this getting a happy ending
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 7, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2014
Finally! Silly melodrama yaaaay! At least you're not as boring.

Touka, grow some balls. You as well Okikura, fight back damn it or go home and be a family man!
Suuuuch cringeworthy scenes, but sooo welcome! Touka, you're not Setsuna to act depressed, and maybe I should just imagine your nipples to be "EEEEEEH" buttons by default!

3/5 - Melodrama! And that's a "good" thing phahahah, least I'm half asleep now.
T3hSourceAug 7, 2014 11:48 AM
Aug 7, 2014 11:47 AM
Jan 2013
Touko is still annoying as ever with her screams and acting ditsy

I have no idea why she called Yanagi to the school yard to stop the two guys fighting when she could have done it herself or maybe Touko just wants to boast and show Yanagi there are two guys fighting for her or whatever

i hate the fact we do not get to see much of the more likeable characters such as Hiro and Sacchi
Aug 7, 2014 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Tyrantarmy6 said:
I still can't see this getting a happy ending

One of them goes psycho and kills off all the rest?Why not.
Aug 7, 2014 11:56 AM
Mar 2008
This shit is 2deep4me.
Aug 7, 2014 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
the episode was shaken well, it looks like Touko and Kakeru understand their feelings (will which be a kiss will happen soon?), Yukinari pounding Kakeru, Yanagi still chasing Yukinari, Sachi and Hiro in their little world and in the end almost a declaration between Touko and Kakeru, I will see how the relationship of the characters from now on, I think Touko depart a little group, and which start the intrigues ..
Aug 7, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
Burgerboner69 said:

I don't understand why Yuki punched Kakeru because he was being straight forward. In fact Yuki just seemed butthurt that the girl he liked doesn't like him back.

I'll admit Kakeru deserved to be slapped by Yanagi but I'm sure Kakeru expected it to happen which is why he made that challenge to Yuki.

The Hiro and Sacchi moment was nice, I'm still not sure if she likes him romantically. But something tells me they are going to have a bunch of drama coming later on.

The Touko and Kakeru moments were nice as well.
Like Touko said,sometimes Kakeru doesnt make any sense and we still dont know anything about him,will he stay as Mysterious Guy whole anime...
Aug 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
I tried... I really did. I wanted to like this anime because I was really looking forward to but I just can't do it anymore.

Both the art and music are incredible but that alone isn't enough to make me keep watching. The characters are just so boring and one-dimensional and I have no idea what's going on half of the time. The dialogue and love polygon bullshit makes zero sense and the "future-telling", despite being the only interesting thing about the show, doesn't really have anything to do with the main story so far.

For a show that's only one cour everything should be moving along a lot faster than this.

I'm out...
Aug 7, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
The music in this episode was amazing as always, but everything else about it including the story/dialogue/characters was cringe worthy. I'm going to continue this because its P.A works, but I don't have high expectations for the next seven episodes
Aug 7, 2014 12:28 PM
Sep 2011
It's being 6 episodes and I'm still not sure what this anime is really trying to do.The pace is slow and nothing really happens,So far it's just a love drama but that doesn't mean that this anime is bad.

They really need to explain things about the whole ''seeing the future'' thing but it seems like they well keep it for the end.

I liked this episode but it wasn't amazing but still had some nice moments ,I really liked the last scene between Touko and Okikura .

Okikura is very mysterious character,I wonder what are his true motives and what is his connection with Touko,did he meet her before?

Touko is very likable in my eyes but I can see why some people would think that she's annoying,she's too indecisive and confused and screams like every single minute which is a bit annoying.

Yuki and Yana are very interesting characters. Yana is the character who's actually developing the most so far .

Sachi and Hiro are like the Miyokichi and Aiko of the show and as much as I don't want to say it ,Sachi is reminding me too much of Aiko now and I really don't want her to end up becoming like her ,I'm not sure if her feelings for Hiro are genuine or not but I really think she should stop leading on the guy if that what she's really doing but maybe I'm wrong.
RozalthiricAug 7, 2014 12:38 PM
Aug 7, 2014 12:34 PM

Oct 2009
The only kinda good things about this episode was the punch and the slap. Just sayin'.
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Aug 7, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
Yuki is one of the most annoying characters in this season gosh.
Aug 7, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
I don't even know how many "what?" I said while watching this episode....
Aug 7, 2014 1:28 PM

Nov 2007
Kurini said:
I don't even know how many "what?" I said while watching this episode....

i wanted to say something like this...but now it's enough to hit the quote^^

what...indeed
Aug 7, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
It's not the best series that P.A Works have done but I've not been put off enough to drop the series. I wish there were more scenes focused on Hiro and Sachi because they are the redeeming characters of the series for me.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Aug 7, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
Finally drama! Ok so Kakeru didn't deserve the punch but he did deserve that slap, although like other have said he knew what he said would get him slapped. I have no idea what this guys master plan is thanks to the mystery vibes he continues to surround himself with but this episode has reinvigorated my desire to keep watching this series! But seriously some explanation is long overdue!!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.