Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of fan service in this episode lol. I face palmed at the part where Illya dived right into the bath because Kuro is in it. Fucking priceless.

The "fight" in the bath was pretty amusing. I find the OST to be wacky though. It just sounds weird. Poor Kuro...

The ending got tense ;o
Stark700Aug 6, 2014 10:02 AM
Aug 6, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2013
Pretty much a fanservice episode until things got serious near the end. Good thing Miyu didn't get taken in by Kuro's words. Looks like Illya will diffuse the fight and make Kuro their friend next episode. So erotic.

Okay fine, here's the real album
Baku219Aug 6, 2014 11:51 AM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 6, 2014 12:00 PM
Jan 2014
Shirou had very bad luck encountering Auguste, lol.
Though he did enjoy his harem in the previous episode.

The fanservice was funny nonetheless. Gotta love Liz and Miyu.
Kuro really went overkill on that wall with Caladbolg II. Bathroom walls had bad luck in this episode too.

Love those moments when Tatsuko gets hyper.

Glad that Miyu remembered Illya's words and that their friendship will remain as a part of her ordinary life.

Baku219 said:
erotic.

That end card though!
Aug 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
Hm, so far quite faithful following of manga.
Also is it just me or Shirou's chara-design is slowly improving. Good

Anyway so I guess:

Which will leave around 10 chapters for the second half, with possible inclusion of the Rin flashback they skipped, possibly during the break between the FSN cours.
AhenshihaelAug 6, 2014 12:05 PM
Aug 6, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2013
Kuro trying to get into Miyu's head with words. Fortunately it didn't work.
Aug 6, 2014 12:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shirou is finally unlucky for once, being stuck with Auguste. That face he made when Auguste was washing his back was hilarious! So misleading!

Miyu catches on quick with Leysritt saying "Woah, really huge."; comparing with Luvia's bust. XD
Of course, she'd try to pick on the weak one. Poor Sella..

That boob fondling looks delicious. :p . Are they really 92 in size though? :O

A bit of commotions discussing Illya's wish. She probably didn't think before wording it properly.
Archer Kuro is badass though; blasting her way out with one shot of an arrow only!

I knew Miyu was going to see Kuro. She almost persuaded Miyu to join her side. But that "Daiji na Tomodachi" flashback put her on track again.
I like how quick she was to go on offense once Kuro said coexisting with Illya is impossible. Her Saber mode is awesome though!

Nice episode. Now, it's up to Illya to stop the two. But can she really do that with such a decline in her magical abilities? O.o
That end card though. XD .. Much manservice for girls!

Aug 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
What were they thinking with that PV? They totally ruined the surprise for Iri´s awesome dramatic entrance.

Other than that, I felt that this chapter´s pacing was kinda slow at times but it got better at the end when Kuro started her speech.

Pity, the green peppers joke wasn´t that bad as to leave it out.
BloodriverAug 6, 2014 12:18 PM
Aug 6, 2014 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of fanservice in this episode. Lol at the part where Illya dived into the bath because Kuro was in it.
Aug 6, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
babymilo91 said:
Kuro trying to get into Miyu's head with words. Fortunately it didn't work.

Except that there's nothing wrong that Kuro said, even Illya acknowledged it.

She was willing to abandon everyone the last season when things went sour(no matter how anime fucked up in portraying that) and she has always been afraid of her powers(which would come off better if the anime did not fuck up the conclusion of the Assassin fight).

And even in this season, she is consistently annoyed at Kuro even being there. She might have not even thought about the fact that "being back to normal" would mean that Miyu would have to go away too. Illya IS inconsiderate that way as the first thing that comes to her mind is, ironically, herself.

What Miyu choses is hope - that even if Illya attains "normalcy", she will be aware enough to have a place for Miyu in that. Even Kuro regards that dedication highly - it is yet again something Kuro does not have after all.

Bloodriver said:
What were they thinking with that PV? They totally ruined the surprise for Iri´s awesome dramatic entrance.

Other than that, I felt that this chapter´s pacing was kinda slow at times but it got better at the end when Kuro started her speech.

Pity, the green peppers wasn´t that bad as to leave it out.

that's why one skips episode previews. Apart from Baccano which got really creative with its previews, pretty much every anime show spoils shit in the preview.
Aug 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
that end card... BWHAHAHAHA!

pls ilya treat kuro better BibleThump
Aug 6, 2014 12:34 PM
Mar 2012
We finally got that bath episode! It's been some time since Miyu used the Saber card~

That end card though XD
[spoiler]
Aug 6, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2013
Dat End Card O_o
Overall an okayish episode but nevertheless pretty funny.
Since F/sn I like Liz a lot so it's always nice to see her.
But seriously, the bathing scene with Shirou and Auguste was hilarious xD

Aug 6, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
Could have done without all the fanservice -__-
Also what the fuck was that ShirouXButler all about..

2nd half of the episode > first half.
Interesting turn of events and nice build up. Next episode seems like it will have some action, and then Iri (maybe even Kiritsugu) will show up. Can't wait.

Wasn't a bad episode, but the first half was pretty awkward for the most part 3/5
Aug 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
Good ep...

Augeste and Shiro's Yaoi time was so lol XD DAT END CARD O_O XD

Kuro's teasing and Illya kicking her ass was lol

Illya really didn't choose her wish right there -.-

Loved the confrontation between Miyu and Kuro. It was really good. Dat OST when Miyu transformed was EPIC! Loved that scene and Kuro telling her "Good for u" :)

Nxt ep should be awesome :D
Aug 6, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
Miyu's transformation was pretty cool. This episode was okay, but I'm really looking forward to the fight between Miyu and Kuro next episode.
Aug 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Dec 2007
Auguste/Shirou OTP

Also "are we sure she doesn't swing that way?" holy shit Illya you are surrounded by lesbians. Or at least Miyu. How have you not noticed how bad your bff wants in your pants and you seemed pretty interested before too. Maybe Kuro is just Illya's homo side pulled out of her and given her own body.
Ich verstehe nicht
Aug 6, 2014 1:28 PM

May 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Is her goal just that she wants to live a normal life? Or is there more? I'm kinda confused :|
I think she just wants a normal life. She thought the easiest way for that was to kill Illya and then take her place. After failing that, she was beginning to become content with her situation as Illya's cousin until Illya said what she said in the bath. By saying that, Illya was basically wishing that none of the magical girl stuff ever happened and that meant she was denying Kuro's existence which pissed her off. Not sure if this is true, just what I think from events that has happened.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 6, 2014 1:34 PM
May 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Pretty good episode. Bath scene was nice...at least on the girls' side

Eh, I'm kinda disliking how Kuro's stance seems to be changing kinda. First she wants to kill Illya, then she just lives a normal life at their school and now she's run away again.
Is her goal just that she wants to live a normal life? Or is there more? I'm kinda confused :|

Kuro isn't a regular human.. Maybe you got that much?
Illya returning to her normal life is the same as literally denying Kuro's existence, so Kuro don't really have
anything to lose no matter what she does atm.
konatachan80Aug 6, 2014 1:38 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Aug 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Pretty good episode. Bath scene was nice...at least on the girls' side

Eh, I'm kinda disliking how Kuro's stance seems to be changing kinda. First she wants to kill Illya, then she just lives a normal life at their school and now she's run away again.

It will be all clear with the flashback next episode.

And yeah, since Kuro was "created"(wrong term, but oh well) by Illya's life shifting away from normal, leading to cards and etc, Illya wanting to be normal is the same as denying Kuro right to exist

Kuro is angry, to put it simply, because the only existence she has is the one she has to try to grasp at with her own hands - Illya wishing for normal life would mean no Kuro and MA getting all cards would mean getting rid of Kuro - either way everything that Kuro is has been torn apart from her.

That's why Kuro is trying to relate to Miyu - Kuro KNOWS Miyu is not "normal" either, so what Illya wishes for would essentially deny Miyu's role in Illya's life too. Their sense of purpose is within the world of magecraft - the world that Illya consciously or unconsciously has been running away from ever since Season One(case in point the assassin fight) - Kuro IS happy that Miyu feels like she can exist with Illya in that normal life, but alas that means that Kuro has nothing else left to do but what she planned to.
AhenshihaelAug 6, 2014 1:51 PM
Aug 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
Arkane said:
That's some real male bonding right there. Manservice the best fan service.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2010
Seeing Emiya suffer like that brings joy to me.
Hopefully one day he will learn to understand the feelings of girls until that day we can only pity him.

Kuro's and the bathroom was funny with her behaviour, trying to annoy Ilya every way she can.
Seems like next episode will be interesting.
Aug 6, 2014 2:03 PM
Nov 2013
that end card though
Aug 6, 2014 2:50 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Parts of the first half I could have done without. Most of the rest of the episode was really good.
Aug 6, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
1. The butler back really enjoyed scrubbing shiro's back

2. Love the serious tone in the 2nd half. that ost is awesome

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 6, 2014 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
Wow fanservice turned serious just like that.

Oh man look who's coming up next episode.
And that end card, though.
Tutturu ~
Aug 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
ShirouxButler= true route.

Anyway, so much fanservice, but it does seem like we're progressing somewhere.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 6, 2014 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, Kuro's logic fail.

Illya said she would want to go to her previous life without sorcery but that surely doesn't mean she would wanted all of them to disappear (not even Kuro as she didn't know what she is when she said that). She would be the first to find a way to maintain their friendship and stay together.
I really don't like conflicts based on clear misunderstanding. It was poor story twist for me.

And Illya's sudden sentiment in the end was also poor plot device - as there wasn't much to make her feel otherwise or realize everything. It really felt more like "I don't understand anything but I will go there anyway." Not to mention she said she doesn't know where Kuro or Miyu are and then she is seen running after them in hurry (why, when she doesn't even know they are together?).

Also, boob grabbing fanservice was really unnecessary and felt cheesy in that scene. And the reason why Illya pull out her kaleidostick to smash Kuro underwater was also flawed, she wasn't hostile in a first place and don't tell me this couldn't be resolved peacefull with some clever thinking. But apparently this world Illya is stupid as hell. Always acting before thinking, well. Which would be fine but in context of previous Kuro isn't any smarter.

So overall, very bad episode to me.

Animation wise: there were scenes at Edelfelt mansion that had very bad character lighting. And in one scene Rin has regular had her regular character design from original FSN and not from Kaleid Liner (not that I don't like it bettter but still - I call it unconsistent)
Mich666Aug 6, 2014 5:28 PM
Aug 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Mar 2013
Hoping Kuro and Illya make up next episode. Miyu in Maid is godsend.
Aug 6, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Shirou maybe he should just use the hose next time
Aug 6, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2013
Imagine if we replace Shirou & Auguste with Kiri & Kirei..?xD
Aug 6, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man Miyu turning into Saber, damn it why did it have to end there. Also that ending card just gave this O_O look.

Good episode, although too much fanservice in here, I'm not really fond with it. Well Kuro basically have this conflict of Illya returning to a normal life person.

Aug 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
the end card...WHY!! did we not suffer enough! lol
Aug 6, 2014 8:01 PM

May 2012
Show continues to waste my time and go nowhere with redundant and predictable doppleganger shenanigans. Was hoping reasons would be given for me to care about all this BS, yet of course, none were given once again. Kuro is single handedly destroying this series for me with all this nonsense. She's not even a likable character. All they've had her do so far is be a jerk while withholding info for no reason, so we can keep dragging out some mystery with no payoff for the wait. Which results in this terrible plot just constantly treading water in a lake of stupidity made up of dumb plot points and scenarios. Like, did they seriously try the 'reading too much into something to result in misinterpretation in an attempt to cause drama' deal with Miyu at the end? Really, guys? Stupid.
Aug 6, 2014 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
Ushimimi said:
Show continues to waste my time and go nowhere with redundant and predictable doppleganger shenanigans. Was hoping reasons would be given for me to care about all this BS, yet of course, none were given once again. Kuro is single handedly destroying this series for me with all this nonsense. She's not even a likable character. All they've had her do so far is be a jerk while withholding info for no reason, so we can keep dragging out some mystery with no payoff for the wait. Which results in this terrible plot just constantly treading water in a lake of stupidity made up of dumb plot points and scenarios. Like, did they seriously try the 'reading too much into something to result in misinterpretation in an attempt to cause drama' deal with Miyu at the end? Really, guys? Stupid.

You know there is a saying "If you don't like like, drop it"
Aug 6, 2014 8:07 PM
Nov 2013
Lots of fab service this episode. Can't wait to see shit go down between Kuro and Miyu. Also, Irisviel next episode. <3
And that end card... Was kind of disturbing haha.
Aug 6, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2008
YAY loli Saber!
Aug 6, 2014 9:57 PM

Jan 2008
kickmesign said:
Arkane said:
That's some real male bonding right there. Manservice the best fan service.

The yaoi is strong with this one.
Aug 6, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2012
after all that fanservice, i'm glad it's finally getting more serious again, because so far this season is quite inferior to the first..
Aug 6, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2007
Ushimimi said:
Show continues to waste my time and go nowhere with redundant and predictable doppleganger shenanigans.

Its already established its not "doppelganger".

ANd I doubt anyone would have predicted that we would have two illyas.

Was hoping reasons would be given for me to care about all this BS, yet of course, none were given once again.

Considering that's one of ongoing season plotlines, why expect everything be told toyou at once? Might as well rage that the episode did not tell you anything about Miyu or what Kerry/Iris are doing.
She's not even a likable character.

Yes she is.
All they've had her do so far is be a jerk while withholding info for no reason, so we can keep dragging out some mystery with no payoff for the wait.

Because she sees it as obvious.
Because they would not believe most of it.
Because telling someone else's secrets results in bad things happening.

Which results in this terrible plot just constantly treading water in a lake of stupidity made up of dumb plot points and scenarios.

You see a terrible plot and I see a brilliant exploration of what makes Illya tick and Illya's struggle with her normalcy/abnormalcy.
did they seriously try the 'reading too much into something to result in misinterpretation in an attempt to cause drama' deal with Miyu at the end? Really, guys? Stupid.

Except that neither of them were reading too much into it and both were correct.

Mich666 said:

Illya said she would want to go to her previous life without sorcery but that surely doesn't mean she would wanted all of them to disappear (not even Kuro as she didn't know what she is when she said that). She would be the first to find a way to maintain their friendship and stay together.
I really don't like conflicts based on clear misunderstanding. It was poor story twist for me.

Nope, its exact right in line how Illya would act.
And no she would not, Kuro know it better than anyone.

The last time Illya "went back to normal" she did cut away her friendship with Miyu completely till Iris slapped some sense into her. Oh and Miyu almost died.

Also are we forgetting WHAT Illya is and how wishing for something would work here?

And Illya's sudden sentiment in the end was also poor plot device - as there wasn't much to make her feel otherwise or realize everything. It really felt more like "I don't understand anything but I will go there anyway."

Its the first time she is actually willing too listen instead of antagonizing Kuro.

Not to mention she said she doesn't know where Kuro or Miyu are and then she is seen running after them in hurry (why, when she doesn't even know they are together?).

Once Saphire was activated, Ruby knew where it was.

And the reason why Illya pull out her kaleidostick to smash Kuro underwater was also flawed, she wasn't hostile in a first place and don't tell me this couldn't be resolved peacefull with some clever thinking.

Since when would Illya solve stuff by clever thinking and by NOT antagonizing Kuro?
Kuro is everything Illya tries to deny and fears.

But apparently this world Illya is stupid as hell. Always acting before thinking, well. Which would be fine but in context of previous Kuro isn't any smarter.

Kuro had way better reasons for that.
Illya is just being Illya as it was established last season. She does not always think things through and she puts how SHE feels above everything else quite often. Her first-hand reaction is to reject and antagonize Kuro because she sees in Kuro everything that went "wrong" with her life after meeting Rin for the first time.

Really no different than FSN where
AhenshihaelAug 6, 2014 10:57 PM
Aug 7, 2014 12:42 AM

Sep 2013
Mich666 said:
Hmm, Kuro's logic fail.

Illya said she would want to go to her previous life without sorcery but that surely doesn't mean she would wanted all of them to disappear (not even Kuro as she didn't know what she is when she said that).

The thing is, that is not true. This is what Illya wanted in the first season and Rin immediately saw that. It's not the danger of the card collection she feared, she feared her power and that she wasn't normal and wanted to rid herself of that, which almost cost Miyu's life if Iri hadn't told her to not be afraid of her power and help her friend. It would have made more sense if Silver Link had kept the crucial part. It's not a misunderstanding, Illya immaturely thought that. That is why Kuro exists.

Mich666 said:
Not to mention she said she doesn't know where Kuro or Miyu are and then she is seen running after them in hurry (why, when she doesn't even know they are together?).

Ruby-Sapphire connection. Sapphire told Ruby what was going on. But I can kinda see why you would find that illogical. It's a poorly executed anime-original added scene.
Aug 7, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
Mich666 said:
Hmm, Kuro's logic fail.

Illya said she would want to go to her previous life without sorcery but that surely doesn't mean she would wanted all of them to disappear (not even Kuro as she didn't know what she is when she said that).

The thing is, that is not true. This is what Illya wanted in the first season and Rin immediately saw that. It's not the danger of the card collection she feared, she feared her power and that she wasn't normal and wanted to rid herself of that, which almost cost Miyu's life if Iri hadn't told her to not be afraid of her power and help her friend. It would have made more sense if Silver Link had kept the crucial part. It's not a misunderstanding, Illya immaturely thought that. That is why Kuro exists.

Mich666 said:

Ruby-Sapphire connection. Sapphire told Ruby what was going on. But I can kinda see why you would find that illogical. It's a poorly executed anime-original added scene.

Cue me chiming in that I told a year ago already that anime adaptation fucking with Assassin fight will result in filthy secondaries complaining about Illya's motivation. This is why I hate anime-original alteration and hope that ufotable does not fall to the same problem with UBW.
Aug 7, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
illya's thoughts make no sense at all... and the point of the episodes is inserting some fanservice...
the first season was not that good, but it was way better than this
Aug 7, 2014 6:00 PM

Apr 2011
So much PLOT for a series based mostly on loli fanservice, lol.

I enjoy the silly breaks, but I'm glad things are finally coming to a head about Kuro. And next episode, Mommy's back! I hope we get more than just 10 episodes, I feel like this series is way more 'developed' than the first one, and not just because of all the oppai this episode ;)
Aug 8, 2014 1:28 AM

Oct 2013
OO shit that saber transformation ^-^
good episode though
[/quote]
Aug 8, 2014 10:00 AM

May 2013
retepeters said:
illya's thoughts make no sense at all...

One thing that is clear to me since season 1 is that Illya's mind works at the emotiona rather than rational level (remember "Don't think imacine!"). So her actions towards Kuro have been guided by fear, mistrust and even some hate, but that does not mean Illya is incapable of showing compassion and even love.
Aug 8, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2007
Hah! Hah! Haaa! You though i wouldn't come back here and start more shit. But alas.

Nah, really i have a serious question. How do Rin and Shirou know each other in this canon? I thought she was sent from Britain or something, and he was barely even in the first season as far as i remember.

Just two comments about the episode. 1, i like how Miyu didn't buy into Kuro's bullshit; 2, i can't remember the last time a loli show this grand aired. It's almost impressive.
Aug 8, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2013
Volbla said:
Nah, really i have a serious question. How do Rin and Shirou know each other in this canon? I thought she was sent from Britain or something, and he was barely even in the first season as far as i remember.

Welcome back. As for Rin, there is a yet to be animated section of the original material where we get to know how does Rin, Luvia, (insert name of purple haired character) and Shirou get to their actual state of affairs in this parallel universe. So far the bet is that it will be animated as the ova in the fifth disc release (just like past season had the incident where Rin became Luvia's slavemaid, oh, those trolling faces were delicious).
Aug 8, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
Rin studied in Fuyuki, went to London, went back to Fuyuki. She met Shirou a few years ago and they visit the same high school, like in FSN.
Aug 8, 2014 10:49 PM

Aug 2014
The end card though... cannot... unsee.....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

78 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

134 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

91 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2014

153 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

103 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.