Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2014 11:39 PM
Mar 2014

Deep in the town of Hanasoubu hides the supposedly haunted restaurant, “Kaidan Restaurant”. Nobody believes the legend of course, however, the fact that it’s only opened for dinner adds elements of scariness into the story.

As you entered the restaurant, a young lady appeared out of nowhere and greeted you,

'Welcome to Kaidan Restaurant. My name is Kikimura and I am the manager of the establishment. We specialize in dishes that will send shivers down your spine. Here is our menu for the night.

Today’s appetizer, “Tales of the New Moon Night”, was prepared by a horde of gluttonous ghosts. The main dish, “The Yokai’s Puppet”, was prepared by a Grim Reaper via shashlilk. And tonight’s dessert that will make you tremble uncontrollably, “Forever Gone”, was prepared as a Diablo Sorbet.

We’ve used our own specialty spices in each dish to ensure that those who dislike scary stories will also be able to enjoy the meal as well.

Enjoy your meal~'

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 21, 2014 12:43 AM
Mar 2014
A lone figure walked in the midst of the late-summer storm that bashed against his body. He wore a trench coat that offered little to no protection against the element. Bracing against the harshness of the winds, he noticed the faint outlines of his destination: Kaidan Restaurant. A place infamous for their spine-chilling menus.

He strode towards the entrance, the slightest hint of a smile plastered on mask-like skin. A couple of steps later, he reached the doorstep. Hanging on the outside was a sign that indicated the current status of it; closed. But a mere sign has never stopped him from doing what he wants. Reaching to the handle, a quick turn of the knob indicated that the door was unlocked.

The man cocked his head in amusement; he had expected much more hindrance. After all, this place is a place that many rumors sprouted from. Perhaps all is not true. ‘Interesting ♫~’ he muses as he stepped in, glad to be away from the freezing breaths outside.

His eyes brightened at the sight of the empty restaurant. The space was lined with skeletons hanging from the ceiling, similar to how a puppet is connected to a string. He wondered briefly if there is a top man controlling all of these. Dismissing this irrelevant and unnecessary thought, he moved in deeper. The door closed behind him abruptly and he shrugged, he was half-expecting that to happen and so wasn’t surprised.

‘This place is strictly reservations only and we are not opened for business yet. Please turn away.’ A voice boomed and echoed within the space, he looked around, unable to determine the source of it. He could feel the hostility pouring out though he was not intimidated. Hanging around death the majority of your time tends to have this effect on you.

‘But I meant no harm~ ♪’ He hummed, taking off his trench coat and tossing it aside absentmindedly. ‘There’s a storm outside and surely you don’t have the heart to throw me out do you?’ He knew he was testing his luck but he has an agenda to fulfill and he’s not walking away empty-handed.

Silence occupied the room as neither party moved, ‘I said, you’re not welcomed here.’ A voice from behind the male’s back startled him though he masked it well under his indifference. He turned around and was surprised by the sight of a beautiful woman. Her beauty was scarred by the scowl she had on her face. Her arms were closed and her stance indicated that she’s ready to fight him if he were to make a wrong move.

‘You’re not welcome here.’ The beautiful lady repeated, her voice leaked dangerous vibes and he could feel his survival instincts kicking in. Not one who wears his emotions on his sleeves, he instead of cowering, started laughing which baffled her.

‘Kaidan Restaurant certainly lives up to its reputation. If I am anything average then I suppose I should be shaking with fear ♪♪~~’ He chuckled and raised a hand in mock defeat, ‘I meant it when I say I meant no harm. My name is Gayle Wicks, I was the disciple of Lamont. I heard that you’re familiar with him ♪~ Plus I was told that he is heading towards Shiroku High, I am wondering if you know anything about that.’

The woman stood still, refusing to speak as she observed Gayle and his eccentricities. In a way she could see that Lamont’s shadow on him but she’s doubtful that a man like him would take in a disciple as he claims to be.

‘I don’t believe you,’ she replied, straightforwardly. Her doubts about his claim were apparent. Gayle shrugged, anticipating her objection. He smiled, cocked his head in amusement before reaching into his pocket and pulled out a golden pocket watch. It appeared to be an antique, mechanical and is showing signs of age. On the surface, a half-skeleton wrapping its arm around itself. The phrase, “To live is to die” was engraved on the circumference of it.

Gayle placed the pocket watch on the table and stepped away. She approached, the warily in her eyes slowly diminishes as she picked it up and studied it. He knew that it was the proof of who he says he is, it was a memento left by Lamont himself; one of the few things that’s left to remind him of his presence.

‘I would like to have it back if possible♪♪~’ Gayle said, after a while. He’s confident that with that, he could at least be granted a hearing audience with the beautiful lady. She paused, exhaled before returning the watch to its original owner.

‘Fine, you’ve proved yourself. Just what do you want?’

ValdezAug 21, 2014 7:58 AM
Aug 21, 2014 7:58 AM
Mar 2014
‘Well a small introduction would be fantastic ♪ ~’ Gayle reminded the stranger, as much as he’d stormed right into the restaurant, he did not know exactly who she was. He pouted when noticing the deep sigh she released. She was not pleased to hear that and he knew it.

‘I am Kikimura Aya, the manager of Kaidan Restaurant and a friend of Lamont. Shouldn’t you be aware of that when you entered this place? This is not somewhere you should just walk in.’ Kikimura asked sarcastically and she glared at him before heading to the back to return with a bottle of sake and two cups. ‘Sit down and then we can talk.’

Gayle looked in awe when Kikimura sat with a leg up on the chair, he shrugged before taking the seat opposite him. ‘So what do you want to know?’ She questioned, pouring the contents into a cup and drowning it immediately. She slammed the cup with a loud thud and had her chin pointed towards Gayle.

‘Well ♪♪~’ Gayle muses, ‘I was hoping that you’d be able to provide me some information about Lamont’s whereabouts. I heard that you’re close to him♪♪♪~’ There was a happy tone in his voice as he waited impatiently for Kikimura’s response.

‘I have no idea where he is.’ There was no hesitation in her voice and that left Gayle’s mouth hanging opened literally. ‘It had been months since I last met Lamont. I heard that he’s heading to a school nearby, Shiroku I believe. You’ve been employed there, haven’t you?’

There was silence over at Gayle’s end and Kikimura took his as the sign that he needed a drink, to which she poured one and pushed over to him. He took the cup hastily and drank it, feeling his throat burning up. Unsatisfied, he stood up hastily and headed out of the restaurant without his trench coat.

Kikimura did not stop Gayle from leaving, instead, she poured herself another cup. ‘Why can’t you show yourself?’ she asked and a shadow appeared out of the darkness. Upon closer inspection, one might notice the signs of aging plagued on his face though there was a splash of youthfulness in his eyes.

‘Well, Gayle doesn’t need this old man anymore. His necromancy skills are superb, there’s nothing I can do for him. Besides, I doubt that he’ll be able to recognize me anyway.’ He replied, pouring out a cup and helping himself to the content.
‘Of course he wouldn’t recognize you.’ Kikimura rolled her eyes and racked her fingers through her hair. ‘I wouldn’t believe you either especially since you don’t age from a ten year old to a sixties old man in a couple of months.’

‘Indeed.’ He replied and chuckled, ‘I suppose not.’
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » I. Character Creation Thread- Student

Valdez - Jul 19, 2014

31 by LeCrowe »»
Dec 28, 2014 10:48 AM

Sticky: » II-Character Creation-Teachers

Valdez - Jul 22, 2014

17 by Barbarian1 »»
Nov 6, 2014 4:33 PM

» [Event]Werner Abney's Path [Invasion of VR Arc]

Valdez - Aug 15, 2014

10 by -Snowman- »»
Sep 20, 2014 8:44 AM

» [Dormitory] Entrance and Rooms

Valdez - Jul 22, 2014

22 by Valdez »»
Sep 20, 2014 2:22 AM

» [OOC] Request Thread

Valdez - Aug 5, 2014

7 by Valdez »»
Sep 19, 2014 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.