Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 8, 2015 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
Love triangles are the bane of the romance genre....If they weren't being so childish with their feelings this wouldn't have ended up this way. Especially Kou with his unnecessary tsun bs which Futaba just eats up. The guy's a dick, no idea why chicks dig this crappy "bad boy" attitude.
Nov 11, 2015 10:01 AM

May 2015
Kou helped Yuuri and she fell for him. I didn't see THAT one coming. I swear, I could write this stuff, this anime is so predictable and cliched. Not saying I don't enjoy it, though, lol.

Avenger-senpai said:
Love triangles are the bane of the romance genre....If they weren't being so childish with their feelings this wouldn't have ended up this way. Especially Kou with his unnecessary tsun bs which Futaba just eats up. The guy's a dick, no idea why chicks dig this crappy "bad boy" attitude.

He's not even a "bad boy." He's a jackass. Honestly, if I were Futaba, I would have told Kou "screw you" at least twenty times by now. xD
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 11, 2015 3:36 AM

May 2013
lol I actually think Yuuri would fit better with the loudmouth because arguing couples somehow end up together, right? XD Futaba is way cuter than Yuuri anyhow, and she's also Kou's first love, so she wins :3 they're OTP. Bye Yuuri. Go to Kominato pls.

Futaba is such a nice girl, I'm gonna bet she might try to back away and give her first real friend a chance at Kou :'( typical anime plot, but you know. Let's see X)
Dec 29, 2015 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
That was so predictable .. Now Futuba will back down and let her have him but in the end he'll be with her..
Jun 13, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2014
Hahahaha, that was so obvious. Let the drama begin! :>
Jun 24, 2016 7:05 PM

Feb 2015
Airveen said:
i dont think that kou is interrested in Yuuri

no kidding. as her name suggests, yuuri will fall for yoshi!

Red_Keys said:
This episode made it painfully obvious it was written by adults trying to imitate teenage friendship, and failing miserably.

I don't understand why the one girl couldn't cross the river. The water was like less than a foot deep. They didn't even need the damn bridge. Which, by the way, was ridiculously convenient, flat, close together, straight, and sturdy to the point where it actually looked man-made. At that point it wasn't even jumping on rocks, it was literally walking across a fucking bridge.

Does she have mental problems?

IKR. she immediately angered me. she wasn't cute being afraid of a freaking rock. it made her look stupid. dumb little girl, if i was kou i would have reached my hand out and pushed her in the water just to prove that she was afraid of nothing.
--------
LOL. I FREAKING CALLED IT when yoshi sprained her leg and then she gets an automatic piggyback ride from kou. because i guess the other dude was just too busy being....busy to bother to volunteer. for all his soap boxing about women and he doesn't even ask to lend yoshi a hand...yeah expert gentleman.

but, again, he needed to be brain dead in order for the prince charming MC to move in.

and that love triangle is so freaking fast it almost felt forced.
Jul 6, 2016 10:50 PM

Feb 2013
Noooo. I hate love triangles.
Nov 29, 2016 3:46 PM

Oct 2016
really i just knew that little squicky girl yuuri would fall in love with Kou... AAAAANNNDD that what i hate most god damn love triangle
Jul 9, 2017 4:20 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I am sure she will fall back now but ... nooo D:

Jan 6, 2018 6:33 AM
Nov 2015
Looks like the group became closer with each other. Kou's reaction on the celery was funny. Shuuko, on the other hand, drank the juice after hearing that Kou's brother was the one who made it was cute. Thought that their team was gonna win, but then they got lost. Kou helping Yuuri was so nice of him. Also, the piggyback ride scene when Futaba injured her feet was very cute.

It was nice seeing the team watching the sunrise together. It seems that a love triangle have occurred unexpectedly. I wonder what Futaba's going to do with Yuuri's feelings for Kou.

Apr 1, 2018 2:55 PM

Apr 2018
I was so mad when Yuuri said that she had fallen for mabuchi-kun. If she's planning on destroying my ship, I'll need to call some reinforcements.

Though maybe the love angle would make it more interesting.

Oct 2, 2018 5:38 PM

Jan 2018
Yeah I saw that coming. Just by how many shows I've watched with this kind of love triangle. Kou isn't interested with Yuuri though.
Jan 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Jan 2019
I swear on my life, literally as soon as she was on those rocks i kept repeating to myself futaba get her futaba hurry tf up and bring her back FUTABA I SWEAR- then Kou had to get her. I already knew the moment he helped her she would fall for him, I swear if Futaba is gonna hold back her feelings for Kou because of this.. I'm hoping this isn't going to be one of those love triangles, atleast with Yuuri
emilylunaJan 21, 2019 9:15 PM
Jan 21, 2019 9:14 PM

Jan 2019
Nktheepic said:
I was so mad when Yuuri said that she had fallen for mabuchi-kun. If she's planning on destroying my ship, I'll need to call some reinforcements.

Though maybe the love angle would make it more interesting.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING HOLY (why am I getting so mad at this I dont understand)
Mar 30, 2019 12:32 AM

Aug 2017
Kou is unnecessarily mean and moody. I don't like him. He doesn't deserve Futaba. She's great.

Of course the red haired girl makes a love triangle after the save on the river.
Feb 20, 2020 9:17 AM

May 2015
This episode reminded me of Kokoro Connect a bit and then even the love triangle had to happen. Oh no. Someone will be shedding tears soon and I bet on Yuuri. She is so cute and fun but why does she have to be so naive as well? Wasn't she at least suspicious that something might be going on between Kou and Futaba? And that was actually the dumbest reason to fall in love. Well, no hate, really. But good luck keeping your friendship, girls.

Mar 31, 2020 1:48 AM

Aug 2018
Nooo it sucks, I dont wanna love triangle.
May 4, 2020 2:42 PM
Dec 2018
i loved how they all bonded, but futaba telling everyone to use the map over and over and then them getting lost does truly show she isn't incompetent. she was right in the end :p kou is smooth and yuri is a hopeless romantic so i knew she would end up liking him haha
Sep 21, 2020 3:33 AM
Aug 2020
Kou loves cats!!! that's it fir me i love him even more now aghhhhhh

omg the love triangle with Yuuri is gonna be awkward from now
Dec 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2017
Night scenes were great ^3^

Nov 2, 2022 1:20 PM

May 2020
Man you be doing one plot convenience after another so it's obvious it will lead to this age old corrupted "love triangle" thing. I can smell drama coming.
Feb 4, 2023 8:33 PM
Jul 2022
tocou nos meus sentimentos a história do Kou,parece cringe,mas me identifiquei um pouco com ele.
Feb 5, 2023 3:07 PM
Feb 2021
Ya get what ya get. I thought the main hiking story thingy thing was an interesting concept. The whole Yuuri- Kou relationship felt expected as soon as they got to the rocks so its whateva. It's what makes things like this more than just a flat story, conflict, yadda yadda, broken promises, yadda yadda. Felt predictable, but after watching a few of these you just expect predictability. Enjoyable though. Yah get what ya get.
Feb 16, 2023 3:42 AM

Jan 2021
Ugh... that bedtime conversation was like telling us that they will have conflicts in the future, and one of them will leave the other... because of Kou. 

I don't really like conflicts like that because I've experienced it myself lol and I don't like love triangles either but let's see how it goes.

I still don't like Kou but that scene when he gave her his jacket was kinda cute.

Feb 24, 2023 6:22 AM
Mar 2019
The way they lost was weird. Isn't it?
Sep 6, 2023 6:43 AM
Jan 2021
i loved the cat! so cute <3 the plot twist at the end tho.... :O
Sep 6, 2023 6:44 AM
Jan 2021
i loved the cat! so cute <3 the plot twist at the end tho.... :O
Sep 12, 2023 9:02 PM

Jan 2022
This anime makes me so happy. Must protect Yuuri at all costs, except she also fell for Kou. If Fubata doesn't win, I'm gonna be pissed
This never updates so that's cool
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.