Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2008 8:40 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If this ep doesn't convince you that Votoms is great I dunno what will. the only complaint that I had is that it's sometimes a bit hard to tell which AT is piloted who who, but other than that that's one of the best medium scale mech fights I've seen in a long time.

Sam is my sweet peach
Feb 3, 2008 2:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You're right, the first episodes really put me off but I don't drop shows that easily. This episode was great, good and clever fights and nothing that seemed too unreal to believe. I'm sticking with it now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 3, 2008 8:27 AM

Jan 2008
TheWestExit said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If this ep doesn't convince you that Votoms is great I dunno what will. the only complaint that I had is that it's sometimes a bit hard to tell which AT is piloted who who, but other than that that's one of the best medium scale mech fights I've seen in a long time.

The older series convinced me :D
Feb 3, 2008 5:19 PM

Aug 2007
Nice ep.
Lots of Mechs + Lots of Guns = WIN.

Mar 1, 2008 6:43 PM

Mar 2008
Notice that this is one of the only times a fatty "explodes". Otherwise, it's very realistic and made of win.
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Nov 27, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
A watchable military procedural/action piece.

I'm disheartened to see animation short-cuts even though it's already in cheap CGI, though to be fair, it is much more dynamic than any traditionally-animated VOTOMS story.

It's a drag to see how much plot armor the main cast has, though. Their enemies fail to hit them even when they're dashing in a straight line towards them and several times they simply don't fire even when they have a protagonist's AT totally flat-footed. This is pretty bad action writing.

I think it still has a tendency to treat ATs as if they were foot-soldiers. If they were powered armor, that'd be OK, but they're still vehicles even though they're on the small side for anime war robots.
Sep 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
Kochak doesn't seem like he belongs in an AT, but perhaps there's something about him that we don't know yet.

The five managed to get the job done, though.

Sep 7, 2021 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
This was actually really good. Probably one of my favourite action scenes from the whole franchise.
"I will transcend God" - Black Star

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files Episode 12 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 7, 2008

15 by qwertybob300 »»
Oct 5, 2021 11:23 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 22, 2008

6 by qwertybob300 »»
Sep 22, 2021 3:36 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 7, 2008

5 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 7, 2019 3:14 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 3, 2008

3 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 7, 2019 2:45 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 31, 2008

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 7, 2019 2:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.