Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2014 2:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode. The match was consistent and every moment was captured on screen with smoothness.

It looks like Hinata's team had some positions switched though, which imo is a good idea since it's nice to see more freshness on the team and avoiding to get always marked. I like how strong spirited the team was though as well. I really have to give Hinata's some credits for his efforts. I mean, the kid is giving it his all. Karasuno's upcoming match is going to be pretty tough. I hope to see some excellent plays like the ones we've seen already.
Stark700Aug 3, 2014 2:31 AM
Aug 3, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
Asahi and Nishinoya doing the job! Finally, a closure for Asahi.

That save by Nishinoya was amazing. Thought at first he would just stare but he did some crazy move.

Sugawara signals helped them in coordination. Everyone getting stronger every match. I'd like to see what Yamaguchi learned from Shimada. That would definitely help Karasuno in their future match.
MizeteoAug 3, 2014 2:48 AM
Aug 3, 2014 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, those reflexes by Nishinoya. Managed to get his foot to the ball.
Asahi should get a real boost in confidence after beating Dateko this time :D
Another great episode.
Hm..I believe Aoba Josai is the next team they'll face.
Another great match to come.

LOL Kiyoko in the episode preview yelling "Oikawa-san!" and then afterwards saying she was joking xD
Aug 3, 2014 2:57 AM

Nov 2007
Mostly fake and giving others chance.

That sharp guy is still hard, though.

Sharp guy vs. Ace w. help of Nobu's character...(but valleyball can use leg?) + the ball getting on net and getting to enemy's side to win the game.

It was also giving ace a chance to get confidence back. Then seeing NamiDai's character's team about to win. So next vs. them?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 3, 2014 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
tsubasalover said:
(but valleyball can use leg?)

Afaik you can use every part of your body to keep the ball in play.
Aug 3, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2011
Another fantastic episode and the conclusion to the Karasuno vs Dateko match. Nishinoya's reflexes are AMAZING! He saved the ball with his foot, just wow! Asahi's final spike moment was so awesome. That moment was just perfect, the OST was top-notch~ So happy that Karasuno beat Dateko, revenge is sweet. :DD

Oh gawsh, Oikawa's quite the badass but pretty annoying. xD Kiyoko fooling Nishinoya and Tanaka during the preview was hilarious. :P
5/5
Aug 3, 2014 3:14 AM

Jun 2012
Awesome episode, looks like they'll be playing aoba johsai next? or maybe they will be in the finals.

Either way, can't wait! Best of the season for sure
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 3, 2014 3:23 AM

Dec 2011
Nishinoya is ninja.
Aug 3, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2010
Asahi able to beat Dateko's Iron Wall, that was a pretty nice moment.
For Nishinoya to be able to save that with his leg.

Hinata's decoy is really important but it is nice to see others scoring crucial points too. That wasan intense match with many more to come!
Aug 3, 2014 3:51 AM

Aug 2008
Noya-san! That save! Nicely done, production IG! :D
Ahh, Aone is such a good blocker! Loved his handshake with Hinata!
The subtle highlight with Tsuki vs Hinata. hehehehe

And finally, Aoba vs Karasuno, this is going to be even more awesome to watch! :D
Aug 3, 2014 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Nishinoya is definitely the highlight of the episode, he is my second favorite character after Tanaka.
Aug 3, 2014 4:30 AM

Apr 2013
Yes! Great win =)
Asahi and Nishinoya were amazing.
Aug 3, 2014 4:31 AM

Mar 2008
Aug 3, 2014 4:36 AM

Oct 2013
Dat. Nishinoya. Save. WOW!!!

Glad to see Asahi gain some confidence. His determination was awesome and he truly deserves to be Karasuno's ace. Also, I'm glad that the supporting cast is being given screentime. Too much HinataxKageyama gets kinda annoying.

The next match should be even better!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 3, 2014 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
Nishinoya's save was amazing :D Definitely MVP of this ep ^^ And Asahi's last spike was so satisfying, although on the edge literally XD

Awesome to see Hinata's quicks still working until the very end ^^

And totally loved Aone's handshake with Hinata :D

Nxt up, Aoba's match!!! One of the most epic matches in the manga so can't wait >.<

Kiyoko yelling Oikawa-san in the PV was hilarious XD Tanaka and Noya's reactions were lol...her "Just kidding" was cute :3
Aug 3, 2014 4:58 AM

Mar 2012
lol @preview, Kiyoko trolling mode on.
Keep moving forward
Aug 3, 2014 4:58 AM

Jul 2009
It was the best episode so far!
Aug 3, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa that episode was awesome, Asahi really is a good ace.
Aug 3, 2014 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
Ike! Asahi!!!
(I wonder how many of us actually shouted along during that moment after Nishinoya saved it. I did >.< ! lol)

Also I liked Dateko no. 7 expression after the match, he seems full of conviction but dont know how to say things until he shouted "Spring Tournament!".

Overall I love how they portray the char's serious/angry expression in Haikyuu. i.e Kageyama angry face.

Each episode never fails to keep my hyped. Haikyuu saigo!!!!

Last but not least "Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go, Dateko!" (lol tats addictive)
Aug 3, 2014 5:37 AM

Feb 2008
Isn't it against the rules to touch the ball with your legs or feet during a voleyball match ? I played a bit in middle school and I remember being told by our teacher that things like that are not allowed.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Aug 3, 2014 6:09 AM

May 2013
That was a good match. I didn't know that you are allowed kick the volleyball.
Aug 3, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
What a great match.
That last ball in the 2nd set was intense.
Nishinoya is so reliable and cool.
The ace won it for the team.
The whole team were amazing.
Cannot wait for their next match.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 3, 2014 6:16 AM
May 2010
Nishinoyaa! Dat foot, awesome moment.
So good and intense episode! I love Haikyuu! And looking forward to next match.
Aug 3, 2014 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
Almost time for the Grand King :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 3, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
SailorKagome said:
Isn't it against the rules to touch the ball with your legs or feet during a voleyball match ? I played a bit in middle school and I remember being told by our teacher that things like that are not allowed.
Nope. You're allowed to touch the ball with your feet but you're not allowed to kick it.
Aug 3, 2014 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
OG-3 said:
Nishinoya is ninja.
hehe He is definitely. I just realized that this anime has a lot of cool characters and that's one reason why I love this anime. Also the animation is great. I bet they put a lot of budget into it. I hope there will be a return of investment.
Aug 3, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
Pffff the squealing girls at the end kinda scared me and then bam there's Oikawa - figures aha

Every episode is just soooo good - brightens my Sunday morning! :)
Aug 3, 2014 7:41 AM

Nov 2013
wow
Aug 3, 2014 7:50 AM

Dec 2012
So I got back to this series from skipping 5 episodes (thought it was moving too slowly) and the only thing i haven't caught on to is what they said at the end. What are the signals they are talking about??

Thankful for explanation. I wanna get back into it ^^
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 3, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
That was an exciting end to the match. Noya's save and Asahi's spike were amazing. I'm sure the next match is going to be even more intense.
Aug 3, 2014 8:19 AM

May 2013
Yay! Karasuno's victory!
Aug 3, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2011
On that day, the Iron Wall of Dateko received a grim reminder.

I think I love Asahi even more now. The scenes where he pulls through are some of the best in the show!
Aug 3, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
Oh man that was an intense match, Nishinoya and Asahi made that final save and spike perfectly. Asahi finally penetrate the iron wall, well with ball tip at the end.

I love how all characters get the feeling of playing volleyball, and their reaction at the end. Just to have some team spirit and good sportsmanship :D.

Now it is Aoba's match for next episode.

Aug 3, 2014 9:01 AM

Dec 2011
Ooh. They won!!! Can't wait for the next battle!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2014 9:18 AM

Sep 2013
That noya save thou...
can someone explain me about rotation thing is. I still don't understand it since in the manga they didn't explain about it
Aug 3, 2014 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
SailorKagome said:

In school they generally tell you not to for some reason, i guess since no one's trying to play competition.

But you are allowed to use head, feet, anything i think ^^'

Great finish to the match ! Nishinoya such epic reflexes !
StormBoiAug 3, 2014 9:40 AM
Aug 3, 2014 9:40 AM

Jun 2010
Noya is tooooooooo badassssssss.

OG-3 said:
Nishinoya is ninja.

I think the true ninja is the girl on the right.

She used kagebunshin technique.
-MgZ_Aug 3, 2014 9:49 AM
Aug 3, 2014 9:59 AM

Sep 2013
SailorKagome said:
it is allowed but it count as a touch so after you touch it with your foot you can't touch it again with your hand
Aug 3, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
It was nice seeing how amazed the girl's team was looking at the score and noticing that it was their set point.

At least Asahi managed to score and get his revenge on Dateko.

Hahaha, changing the order of their players was a good idea but poor Hinata was left dumbfounded XD.

Ah, friendship, team spirit and bromance, what a nice sight to see.

Ah, Aone sure is a fierce one lol.

Noya's save was freaking epic to be honest!

Asahi scoring the match point was really nice for his future games as it builds confidence.

No spring tournament for the 3rd year guys T.T

So Sugawara created their signs... what signs, I didn't see any signs lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 3, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
-MgZ_ said:

OG-3 said:
Nishinoya is ninja.

LOL i didn't notice at all. Maybe they're twins?
Aug 3, 2014 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Inugirlz said:
-MgZ_ said:

Is not an animation error! they are in fact twins and isn't the first time they appear!
Aug 3, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Most likely the most epic episode so far.

So proud of my boyz.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 3, 2014 10:35 AM
Jan 2011
Well they won.
Aug 3, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2012
bigivelfhq said:
Inugirlz said:

Is not an animation error! they are in fact twins and isn't the first time they appear!

O____O Say whhhaaatt!! OMG!! I totally didnt notice that! Good job!
But thats sorta creepy... >.> Like they arent just twins..they do everything together..tooooo creeepy.

But great episode!! Cant wait to see more! xD
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 3, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Hitlariousnazi said:
That noya save thou...
can someone explain me about rotation thing is. I still don't understand it since in the manga they didn't explain about it

The rotation is the most basic thing in Volleyball. The author did in fact explained it(I don't remember the episode, but was one of the first ones), but not that detailed, because he thought it wasn't really needed. In fact I was hoping that in the anime they expanded on that, but it seems they also didn't thought that was needed.

Basically, every time the opposing team attacks(with a serve) and your team scores, you rotate one position clockwise, and the person in the back left corner serves, starting the plays, until the opposing team scores(and than they do the same as you).

Note: Given that you didn't understood that before, you probably didn't understood how the Libero substitutions work as well.
The Libero is a special position where the player as restrictions: he can't serve, he can't attack and he can't block.
Given those restrictions, means that the Libero can't go to the position in the front, that are positions specialized in spiking and blocking, two things he can't do.Also he can't serve so he can't be substituted by a teammate that is serving.
Given that, the libero is substituted by the middleblocker when he goes to the front positions and he substitutes the middle blocker when this ends is serving turn(when the other team scores in his serve).
Aug 3, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
[quote=Niteshade]
bigivelfhq said:

O____O Say whhhaaatt!! OMG!! I totally didnt notice that! Good job!
But thats sorta creepy... >.> Like they arent just twins..they do everything together..tooooo creeepy.

But great episode!! Cant wait to see more! xD

We don't know if they do everything together! What we know is that they play Volleyball together. Is not creepy at all. Normally, friends of the same age play a sport together. Even siblings normally play the same sport, but normally not in the same team due to the age difference. In this case they have the same age and are friends, so they play the same sport in the same school.
Aug 3, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2008
Hitlariousnazi said:
SailorKagome said:
it is allowed but it count as a touch so after you touch it with your foot you can't touch it again with your hand

I see, thank you for clearing that up ! Anyway, it was a really good episode, Hinata and Asano were the best !

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Aug 3, 2014 11:40 AM
Aug 2011
Haikyuu does not disappoint.
What will I do when this ends!?
Aug 3, 2014 11:52 AM

Mar 2012
""Go go, let's go Dateko! Go go, let's go Dateko!" xD
Nishinoya is so cool!!!! Kyaaaaaaaaaaa AWESOME EPISODE!
Aug 3, 2014 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nishinoya's save was amazing.

Karasuno won against Dateko.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

125 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

140 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

176 by ANIk_003 »»
May 15, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

303 by isxelle »»
Apr 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.