Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
Ophis said:
Episode felt a bit rushed. The scene with No Head Dragon was good but Tatsuya seemed more evil in the LN. He was laughing.

I was really really forward to chuuni Tatsuya. It was the only time we'd ever seen him laugh.
Aug 2, 2014 1:03 PM
May 2014
That end made me think that the season was over. ;-; Phew, I sure am glad it's not.
Aug 2, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
eliterodriguez said:

No need for fanservice here. Very good episode, we had battle, information, forshadowing of what's comming next. Hail Mahouka :D
Aug 2, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2011
Damn. Tatsuya decimated the No Head Dragon like its nothing. This episode just proves more that Masaki Ichijo is not in the level of Tatsuya. My goodness.

It seems the other clans now have some sort of clue that Tatsuya is a part of the Ten Master Clans (Yotsuba). Hopefully the next arc will be more interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 1:11 PM
Dec 2013
this episode was ok but i dont like how Tatsuya has no emotions, anyone know why he has no emotions ?
Aug 2, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
Seiryuu2 said:

Yes it is, Everyone would have their own screening and everyone would give all of their true power and potential

darkreaperix said:

mild spoiler without discussing much stuff

Thank you both for your input. Finally looking forward to a little more character development (and ofc more badass actions)
Aug 2, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
dannygirl21 said:
this episode was ok but i dont like how Tatsuya has no emotions, anyone know why he has no emotions ?

I will put the answer in spoiler thingy.

pakoko said:
Seiryuu2 said:

Yes it is, Everyone would have their own screening and everyone would give all of their true power and potential

darkreaperix said:

Thank you both for your input. Finally looking forward to a little more character development (and ofc more badass actions)

Yups, you could read the light novel version of it though,
I hope MAL has an option of multi-quoting people's post :C

Aug 2, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2014
millie10468 said:
novian14 said:

anyway, we already see how "overpowered" tatsuya ist, even ten master clan "next leader" has beaten by him.

But considering Tatsuya himself is a member of the 10MC, I wonder if that loss counts.

Actually he is a member of 10 master clan right? But he was been outcasted by Yotsuba because he can only wield 2 magic and he wasn't a skillful magician (at first) for them and that's why he turned to be Miyuki's Guardian (Underlining).
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 2, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the episode. Its like a forth in a row that I like. Score up to 8/10. But with both Erika and Miyuki there, score wont go any higher, at least for me. Annoying as hell.
Aug 2, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
well tatsuya is quite scary when angered.

anyway i take it the next story arc will feature real combat
Aug 2, 2014 1:24 PM
May 2013
pakoko said:
Seiryuu2 said:

darkreaperix said:

Read the LN then, most of the characters are bland in the anime adaptation. Yokohama is action packed.
Aug 2, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
well i actually didn't care for the first half of the episode so much... however i really apretiated the end

tatsuya has to have some steel balls, to tell miyuki to dance with ichijo

and i would actually like to see tatsuya x mayumi
Aug 2, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
HomeAlone said:

Read the LN then, most of the characters are bland in the anime adaptation.

As if you can see their emotions in the Light Novels.

retepeters said:

well i actually didn't care for the first half of the episode so much... however i really apretiated the end

I hope this would gonna happen,but Shiba can't feel any other peole aside from his brotherly love for his only sister.
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 2, 2014 1:31 PM

May 2010
Rayzer said:
HomeAlone said:

The writing there is pretty dry too.
Aug 2, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
It'd be funny if they decided to end the series here
Aug 2, 2014 1:35 PM
Dec 2012
Barion-Zara said:
That should've been "Demon Right" not Demon Light -.-
Sigh and it will forever be mistranslated because it's CR..
Aug 2, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2011
lmfao, those poor NHD been vaporized like that
Aug 2, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
Yay Tatsuya, you really are a villian rather than a hero. of course this self-righteous justice bullshit will earn you points with the edgy crowd though, no matter how stupid it is.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 2, 2014 1:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So finally we revealed the Wrath of God skills Tatsuya has? ROTFL at the scenes lol. The adaptation kinda made it even more facepalm worthy than the novels...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 2, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2008
xSanox said:
well tatsuya is quite scary when angered.

anyway i take it the next story arc will feature real combat

You haven't seen him angry in the truest sense of the word
Aug 2, 2014 1:45 PM

May 2010
iceaco said:
Barion-Zara said:
That should've been "Demon Right" not Demon Light -.-
Sigh and it will forever be mistranslated because it's CR..

hmm...

Aug 2, 2014 1:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
y123y said:
Darklight0303 said:

You haven't seen him angry in the truest sense of the word

Let me guess? He gets more overpowered?

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=376592&type=card
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 2, 2014 1:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I thought the CGI in some of the dance scenes was crappy as hell. Come on Madhouse! Isn't this a big property for you? Get it together.

One question for those in the LN know. If word got out that Tatsuya belongs to this Yotsuba family that's been mentioned, would he be thrown out of school or something? It seems like a big issue for everyone else, so I'm wondering what consequences it would have for him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
wakka9ca said:
y123y said:

Let me guess? He gets more overpowered?

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=376592&type=card

It's nothing we haven't already seen before in the first episode.
Aug 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
this show has been getting progressively better and so far, i've been enjoying it.
Aug 2, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2008
Marzan said:
I thought the CGI in some of the dance scenes was crappy as hell. Come on Madhouse! Isn't this a big property for you? Get it together.

One question for those in the LN know. If word got out that Tatsuya belongs to this Yotsuba family that's been mentioned, would he be thrown out of school or something? It seems like a big issue for everyone else, so I'm wondering what consequences it would have for him.

It's actually more of a problem if Miyuki is revealed to be a Yotsuba and consequentially that would make Tatsuya's role as a guardian, a failure.
Aug 2, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
Marzan said:

See, he doesn't technically belong to the Yotsuba family. Sure, he has the blood and all. But he's officially a servant in the family. For him to be that strong and a servant to Miyuki would, like the old guy said in the episode, undermine the overall stability of the 10MC. For one clan to house both Tatsuya and Miyuki in the same generation is deeply troubling. They can't throw him out of school or anything like that but both he and Miyuki would have an extremely difficult daily life due to being observed all the time.
Aug 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
millie10468 said:
Marzan said:

See, he doesn't technically belong to the Yotsuba family. Sure, he has the blood and all. But he's officially a servant in the family. For him to be that strong and a servant to Miyuki would, like the old guy said in the episode, undermine the overall stability of the 10MC. For one clan to house both Tatsuya and Miyuki in the same generation is deeply troubling. They can't throw him out of school or anything like that but both he and Miyuki would have an extremely difficult daily life due to being observed all the time.

why cant he just go screw the clan and make his own. he's op, isnt he?
Aug 2, 2014 2:01 PM

Apr 2008
Kurogashi said:
millie10468 said:

Because the Yotsuba are even more OP
Aug 2, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
wow, the adults help him with getting revenge. And he destroys everyone because they almost hurt his sister.
Aug 2, 2014 2:03 PM
May 2013
Rayzer said:
HomeAlone said:

Because you need to see emotions to not be bland? Emotions are not visible in the first place. Their thoughts, beliefs and whatnot, everything is more detailed in the LN.

wrenchbread said:

The writing there is pretty dry too.

I know you don't like it. Others could, unlike you.
Aug 2, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
Kurogashi said:
millie10468 said:

He explained why he can't take on the clan a few episodes ago. Basically, he's confident that he can defeat their aunt, the Head of the clan. But he can't take on every single Yotsuba afterwards. It's not pure power alone he needs to screw the clan.
Aug 2, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Tatsuya was so badass and fucking epic in this ep wow
Aug 2, 2014 2:08 PM

Dec 2010
retepeters said:

Tatsuya feelings towards Miyuki are just brotherly love just Miyuki has weird feelings, even if she may get mad now Tatsuya still wants Miyuki married with a nice guy like Masaki but it may not be possible due family rules.
Aug 2, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Now that's a sight of tatsuya's I wouldn't mind seeing more often. I'm also interested in seeing just how big of a commotion his defeat of Masaki is going to cause.
Now that ending... that's how I like to see it. Giving me a good reason to watch the ending theme ;)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 2, 2014 2:11 PM
Feb 2014
Meh...okay episode... still wanted Tatsuya to be even morebadass -_-... that scene didn'tmake him demonic enough, imo...

Well, Yokohama arc next. One of my favurite arcs in any LN... and I have a very sad hunch Madhouse will screw it up T.T... I just cannot see how u can fit the Yokohama arc in a mere 8 episodes, especially if we're gonna extrapolate frm the way the 9SC arc was handled... At the very very least, I hope animation quality improves like hell and the action scenes will last longer than 10 seconds (there have been some decent action scenes, but way too little to satisfy me, xp)

y123y said:
This anime/light novel should have made Jumonji and the Crimson Prince the main characters. The two of them are far more interesting then Tatsuya and his sister.

I have not read the LN, just anime watcher. But I have been extremely dissapointed with the way that the Crimson Prince has been handled. After watching the first opening, where he and Tatsuya both have that staredown, I thought that he was going to be someone who challenges Tatsuya, who makes him nervous. But nope!!!

A question for the LN readers, you dont have to answer it because it may contain spoilers and I dont know how to put the spoiler tag= But will the crimson prince have a role in the next arc or is he already done?

I wish I could disagree with u,but unfortunately, this anime adaptation makes it really hard to -_-... imho, Tatsuya n Miyuki were way cooler in the LN...

Anyways, abt ur question,
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Aug 2, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Solid ending to the arc. Was a bit longer than I thought it would be, but not necessarily bad. I enjoyed the ending as Tatsuya danced with everyone and the music was on point.
Aug 2, 2014 2:23 PM

Oct 2009
So is it gonna skip the student council election. That's a pretty big miss if so.
The only important chapter from vol 5.

Looking forward to 'Scorched Halloween'
Should I spoiler that? it doesn't really say anything just teases.
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Aug 2, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
y123y said:
millie10468 said:

He explained why he can't take on the clan a few episodes ago. Basically, he's confident that he can defeat their aunt, the Head of the clan. But he can't take on every single Yotsuba afterwards. It's not pure power alone he needs to screw the clan.

Didnt he also say that he could not beat the crimson prince, but he pretty much did in less than a minute..... yeah.....

I suppose by that logic, it's indeed possible for him to defeat the Yotsuba clan. However, even if he were to manage to do that, his life wouldn't exactly be better than it currently is. His actions would have much more repercussions than you would think. The Yotsuba, whether or not they're wanted weakened, are a vital part of the 10MC. The rest of the clans aren't about to sit back and watch a loose cannon like Tatsuya undermine the entire magic system. Just look at what they told Juumonji to do just because Tatsuya defeated Masaki.
OpalMidgeAug 2, 2014 2:32 PM
Aug 2, 2014 2:35 PM
Nov 2010
princessnight said:
wow, the adults help him with getting revenge. And he destroys everyone because they almost hurt his sister.

It's not just because he wanted revenge.
The No head dragon are a terrorist group that they wanted to remove regardless so it just worked in their favor.
Aug 2, 2014 2:54 PM

Feb 2008
two things: miyuki will get really pissed at the news that he might get married off...

secondly. him wining among one of the hair of 10 master clans is a slap in the face to them. its only natural they would want to reighn him in. but they don't really know what he really is.
Aug 2, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2013

New harem member unlocked: Ichijou Masaki.

The episode was cool, dat sniping spell tho.
And so this arc ends. Looking forward to the next one, I hope it is not info dump heavy like the last two episodes or so. 4/5

Now to run away before this thread turns to shit.
Aug 2, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
the arc ended with the siblings dancing...nice arc...now the "Demon Light" who sleeps inside Tatsuya has awaken...i'm excited for the next arc...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 2, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2014
I should accept the offer that Juumonji gave to Tatsuya to marry Saegusa :D
Aug 2, 2014 3:30 PM
Jul 2013
Damn the Ten Clans sound beast.

DEMON TATSYUA
Aug 2, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2010
What's the information Tatsuya send to the ninja teacher? Also what's that new sniping magic skill? ...
Aug 2, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
Ok, glad this arc is over now.
Poor No Head Dragon, paid the price. They really pissed him off. Decomposition...
Juumonji is such a beast.
Tatsuya's harem xD
Ended with Miyuki and Tatsuya dancing..
Episode felt rather quick but meh. Glad this arc is out of the way now.
Aug 2, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
I really disappointed when Jumonji didn't ask Tatsuya to dance with him, especially after his manservice scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like Tatsuya was the Beau of the ball, getting to dance with all those girls! It really is a shame he only has one emotion left, it's nice it's for his sister but it'd be nicer if he had some more feeling to him, then again I suppose that's just who he is, a methodical weapon of sorts, still he gets by in school all right. Lots more information this episode to get your head around, and a little confusing with all the talk of clans and powerful individuals but all very interesting! Bring on the next arc!
Aug 2, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2013
That was rather bad episode. Tatsuya took down some retards and danced with his harem, when everyone were wondering, why is he so awesome. Nothing special.
kickmesign said:
I really disappointed when Jumonji didn't ask Tatsuya to dance with him, especially after his manservice scene.

I was anticipating something like "Shall we dance?" from Juumonji too. And yet such disapointment. :(
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.