Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was interesting. We get more circus action and Sebastian was awesome as usual. The action was decent too. OST was exceptionally good thsi episode.

They did also make some more progress in the investigation which is good. Gotta be careful though there Ciel. The mystery thickens ;o I'm excited to see what happens next now.
Stark700Jul 31, 2014 11:15 AM
Jul 31, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
The scene when they were assigning "tent rommates" and Sebastian got William was by far the most hilarious thing I've ever seen, I thought I will cry mysefl to death out of laughing ;D
Jul 31, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2009
I was laughing mostly through this episode, and cursing the staff a bit for lying in their interview saying they were going to stick close to the manga... New it was too good to be true, that whole event with the little girl and police officers was filler, fun to watch, but filler.

Poor Ciel.. So cute to see his struggles with the chores animated, but I can't help but feel bad, and amused at the same time for him.

Stark700 said:

The episode was interesting. We get more circus action and Sebastian was awesome as usual. The action was decent too. OST was exceptionally good thsi episode.

They did also make some more progress in the investigation which is good. Gotta be careful though there Ciel. The mystery thickens ;o I'm excited to see what happens next now.

Same here, even though they are starting to add filler. Indeed do be careful, even after the asthma attack (I can't wait to see that animated along with Sebastian shocked/scared face)

StrawberryCat said:
The scene when they were assigning "tent rommates" and Sebastian got William was by far the most hilarious thing I've ever seen, I thought I will cry mysefl to death out of laughing ;D

LOL, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I remember that moment in the manga. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking tea or I may have choked trying not to laugh. Oh and did you see his bed head? He looks so much better that way. But curse him for stopping Sebby's investigation.

Doll got some development, and Joker as well. Hm.. I wonder what other fillers they plan to add. I do know that bath scene must have been Yana's doing.. *snickers* Yana you can't go a minute without your teases.

Overall, I though it was a good episode, despite the filler part.

Jul 31, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2007
Messy hair William in striped pjs <3

Watching Ciel do this kind of work is so amusing. The filler scene was nicely done too, loved the music and animation. It actually added a little more to the story IN A GOOD WAY for once. Doll's "outgoing" voice is kind of annoying though .-.
MonochromeJul 31, 2014 12:31 PM
Jul 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
lovelyphantom said:

LOL, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I remember that moment in the manga. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking tea or I may have choked trying not to laugh. Oh and did you see his bed head? He looks so much better that way. But curse him for stopping Sebby's investigation.

Bed hair William in his jammies is life <3 i may have fallen in love a little lot <3
Jul 31, 2014 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
well considering they only got 12 chapters to animate, does it seem really surprising there adding filler in this anime series? i mean they have to add something to keep up the pace. even at 10 episodes they still need more material to adapt it well enough.
Jul 31, 2014 4:24 PM

May 2009
Great episode. I'm so happy many of my favourite scenes in the manga were animated. And Ciel was adorable.
Well, to me Ciel is always cute, but I was giggling meanly and squealing more than usual. I think I like him best when he's cold or unhappy or irritated because he makes the best faces... huh, a bit sadistic of me. ^^'
Jul 31, 2014 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ the mentioning of red hair shinigamii. Getting separated. Presents using his product.

Abducting while getting kid into imagination.

His sempai/roommate is so kind, and Ciel trying to get independent to not get suspicious. Not sure if that sempai knows that thing on Ciel's body means when he saw it.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 31, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
anyone else having trouble finding english subs? the episode has been up for a while but I don't speak japanese... they usually sub it by now (I don't mean to complain, I just don't know why they haven't put it up yet)
Jul 31, 2014 6:26 PM

Feb 2008
I agree too! Funimation says they'll have it available at 3:20 pm EST (which is 12:20 pm PST). But I don't see it anywhere... Delay maybe?
Jul 31, 2014 8:20 PM
Sep 2011
neow_neow said:
I agree too! Funimation says they'll have it available at 3:20 pm EST (which is 12:20 pm PST). But I don't see it anywhere... Delay maybe?

Funimation posted on their forum that the episode has been delayed to tomorrow.
Jul 31, 2014 9:13 PM
Nov 2011
Really liked this episode! Even the filler scene! (for once they did right with adding filler!) At first I didnt noticed it was filler, then I was like "...wait...I dont remenber that...well watever, I like it *-*"
I think it was add to mantain some action in the episode since this part hadnt much.

Willian's bed hair....I-I can't take it...too perfect...
Cant wait for next episode!
Jul 31, 2014 10:18 PM

Oct 2013
That whole abduction scene was so creepy. I mean, shooting bears, really? Even a young girl could see something wrong with that. What is their purpose anyway?

I haven't read the manga so that seal scene was pretty weird too. I forgot he had that.
Jul 31, 2014 10:31 PM

Oct 2012
great episode as always
the reactions to when Sebastian and William were assigned to the same room was pirceless xD
i really liked the filler abduction scene too, it went really well with the story and added more detail
they gave that girl some interesting drugs illusions to make everything pink and made killing look so innocent
finally get to see ciel try to take care of himeself xD
haineko123Jul 31, 2014 10:35 PM
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Aug 1, 2014 3:52 AM

Oct 2012
Where can I watch this episode subbed??? I only found raws... 😰
Aug 1, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
We have to wait I guess, there is a delay
Damn why isn't my Japanese on the level where I can watch raws -_-
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Aug 1, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
I'm watching raws only because I've read the manga quite recently, so I have like a rough idea what is going on, but then I'm re-watching again as soon as english subs come out. And this time I particularly can't wait becauseeee apparently the scene when Grell's image appears around William has some kind of an innuendo (something Sebastian comments? probably?) and I cannot understand it in japanese if I tried my hardest.
Aug 1, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
Living life in the circus must be rough, William and Sebastian both sharing that tent was very funny. I'm liking the series so far it feels more mysterious, I wonder why the circus people are taking all those children away.
Aug 1, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
So far Grell has only been mentioned. I wonder if he'll show up in this arc. I'm really starting to enjoy this. It's becoming so much better than the previous seasons.... Now to wait a week for more.
My signature is lame...
Aug 1, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
When Sebastian had to share a tent with Will: "Look at them. They're delighted.". OMFG, I'm delighted!

It's kind of scary how Joker's voice suddenly changes...

Ok. This was creepy. How they've made the girl to see things?

Monochrome said:
Messy hair William in striped pjs <3

I have to agree with that. He was... cute. Weird. "Cute" is not something I associate with Will.

I've read the manga, but I don't remember much from this arc. Guess I'll enjoy the same story twice :)

And is just me, or Sebastian is hotter in the darkness?
Aug 1, 2014 2:26 PM
Mar 2012
Highlight of the series for me is definitely Doll for some reason. I find her very alluring.
Aug 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2013
I died when Sebastian and William got picked as roommates. And William in his Pajamas. >.< Great episode.
Aug 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
I had a hard time seeing anything in this ep, it was so dark... welp that abduction scene was something, did they censor the blood or was it just dark? I could only see a little...

so does anyone know what dialect of japanese Joker is speaking? in the subs they put "'ee" and other weird stuff so I was wondering.

and, a side note: does ciel talk in formal japanese, to parallel with his formal english? just seems interesting.
Aug 1, 2014 3:54 PM

Apr 2010
Adellaeda said:
How they've made the girl to see things??

I'm suspecting some kind of powdered drug in the flowers/petals, can't think of a better explanation..

Nice episode, the fillerish part was sad and creepy. Waiting eagerly for next week's adventures.
Aug 1, 2014 4:19 PM
May 2014
This episode was very funny, especially the Sebastian and Will roommates scene! This is my favourite episode so far.

The music is great as well, the art is amazing. Can't wait for a new episode. Oh, and Ciel was quite cute in this ep XD
Aug 1, 2014 5:55 PM
Sep 2011
warriorsftw said:
so does anyone know what dialect of japanese Joker is speaking? in the subs they put "'ee" and other weird stuff so I was wondering.

He speaks Kansai ben.
Aug 1, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2011
Sebastian and William's reaction to being roomies was beautiful. Everything between the two of them were my favorite little bits. Of course in with that humor we get to see some of the darkness lurking within the circus.
Aug 1, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2009
StrawberryCat said:
lovelyphantom said:

Bed hair William in his jammies is life <3 i may have fallen in love a little lot <3

He wasn't a real favorite of mine, but seeing that bed head.. He was cute, for once.

gardevoir7 said:
So far Grell has only been mentioned. I wonder if he'll show up in this arc. I'm really starting to enjoy this. It's becoming so much better than the previous seasons.... Now to wait a week for more.

No. He doesn't. It's mentioned that he made a trip to the Phantomhive manor, and Sebastian did find red hair while cleaning up the damage, but no. He doesn't make an official appearance, nor does Ron, but I already pointed out that part was filler. So maybe they'll extend that scene to show him. It's possible, they already got a cameo from Ron. It is, I like it better already.

-ShadowClaw- said:
well considering they only got 12 chapters to animate, does it seem really surprising there adding filler in this anime series? i mean they have to add something to keep up the pace. even at 10 episodes they still need more material to adapt it well enough.

It's actually like 16 chapters (24-38, 39 is when the Murder Arc began.) long. So they do have enough content, I guess they are just trying to show how the Circus group kidnapped the kids, while giving them more character development.

warriorsftw said:
I had a hard time seeing anything in this ep, it was so dark... welp that abduction scene was something, did they censor the blood or was it just dark? I could only see a little...

No, I don't recall any of the gore being censored in the raw, but the version you may have seen might have been censored a little depending on who subbed it. Crunchy and Daisuki (I watch the UK version on either one thanks to Hola) doesn't censor their stuff. But the "other" one does, and gets a lot of translations wrong. A friend once told me they took out the scene where Mey-Rin claimed Ciel was her rival for Sebastian affection in the first season, (That happened in episode 9 btw.) along with a lot of other stuff.

Asrun said:
Adellaeda said:
How they've made the girl to see things??

I'm suspecting some kind of powdered drug in the flowers/petals, can't think of a better explanation..

Nice episode, the fillerish part was sad and creepy. Waiting eagerly for next week's adventures.

They either used, Nutmeg (Yes, a large amount of Nutmeg, believe it or not, can cause you to hallucinate along with other severe effects like severe anxiety, and a sense of impending doom.The physical effects are also pretty harsh with rapid heart rate and palpitations, dry mouth, nausea and urinary retention all being reported), or Scopolamine (the one that can be blown into your face. This is probably the one the most likely used.)
lovelyphantomAug 1, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 1, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
Roft, Sebastian and shinigami-san are roomates, lol oh man.

...the circus is beyond fucked up. And they do that just for one kid? Children must be mighty important then.

Ciel <3
Aug 1, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2010
I forgot how dark this anime/ark is..

But god damn, still love it. I want the next episode now :-(.
Aug 1, 2014 8:40 PM
Aug 2013
I've never read the manga (though I'm going to start buying them soon), but the scene where they kidnap the girl was pretty disturbing. I liked it a lot though, but I still wonder how they make the children see what the girl saw and what do they do to the kids. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Aug 1, 2014 8:54 PM
Jul 2013
Damn i'm only an anime watcher but after seeing this episode, I might start reading the manga. I forgot how dark this show can get. Really liked the episode and I didn't know that abduction scene was filler but it flowed quite well.
I don't think I can handle a fragile Ciel so when he went back to his 'Ciel Phantomhive' mode, I was like "that's my Ciel" XD.

Sebastian and Will are hilarious and I find doll really alluring. Again love that op and ed
koleareAug 2, 2014 11:25 AM
Aug 1, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked this episode. I love how the show itself can make me laugh one second and then cringe the next (the scene with the little girl was actually pretty demented, which is something I love about Kuroshitsuji).

*Potential spoilers*
Also, I'm currently reading the manga, and while I haven't read any further than where we are in the anime so far, I was glad to see their inclusion of Ciel's past when he was taken and branded, however brief it was. I hope they show more of that in the next episodes!
Aug 1, 2014 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
Oh dat filler.
Poor little girl that scene was really messed up.
Filler was pretty nice, I guess, but now they look much more like assholes than in the manga LOL. (I still love them) Ciel being the little badass he is at the end of the episode.

RONALD RONALD RONALD <3
Aug 1, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
The girl reminds me of the little match girl .
The show they did for her is wonderful ,but when things got messed up so quick .
The boy with ciel is kinda suspicious I think he is the mastermind or something .
Aug 1, 2014 10:46 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was interesting,
i loved it ~ all the scenes were wonderful ~
especially the scenes between sebastian and william , X""D
Aug 1, 2014 11:37 PM

Apr 2014
Maybe it's just me, but I have a strong feeling that this arc is much, much darker than the first season of Kuroshitsuji [ I haven't yet reached this arc in the manga ]. What with the killings, the conjured illusion that makes it all look like a cheerful dreamland- for some reason, I was really creeped out, yet intrigued at the same time by this episode.

It will be interesting to see how the spoiled Ciel will have to deal with living in the circus. Even though I don't like him much as a character, even after watching seasons one and two and reading some of the manga, I think this arc will give us a different perspective of him. I do feel sympathy for his struggles. As for his roommate, he seems really kind, but I'm naturally skeptical of all the too-nice characters in this anime because not everyone turns out to be who they appear as.

Sebastian and William in the same circus tent will make quite an interesting premise...

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 2, 2014 12:35 AM
Jun 2012
First half of this episode made me laugh so hard, I love the interactions between the reapers and the demons.

Second half was pretty dark, and somewhat funny , the ending did show some of Ciels past and I hope it shows more.

And that preview, I wonder why Doll was putting her hand over Ciels hand, I can't wait :D.
Aug 2, 2014 2:54 AM

Mar 2014
Took for freakin' ever to find a sub for this!
I loved the scene with the little girl being led into the carriage. It wasn't in the manga, but it fit in perfectly and was wonderfully dark. Loving Will and Sebby together in the tent. I can't wait for Grell to make his appearance eventually! I really want to eat Sebby's fish and chips.
Aug 2, 2014 11:16 AM
Aug 2011
Sebastian and Will best tentmates evar!!

The scene with the circus kidnapping little girl was something else.
Really liking this series so far.
Aug 2, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2013
I'm still terrible ashamed of myself for even considering on skipping Book of Circus due to memories of that damnable 2nd season - damn it Okada,at least be content to messing up potentially decent-to-good shows but stay away from great ones.

But enough about Okada and the 2nd season which I think many should forget that even existed(and seeing as it's not cannon,that might not be that hard),this season of Black Butler is simply great and if I'm to make assumptions based on how the 1st season went along,it'll only get better or at least stay consistent. I might read the manga after this is over and even re-watch the 1st season.
Aug 2, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Seems like Ciel's had a bad time. I can totally understand though, when I had to vacation over to China for 3 months.
Aug 2, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2011
At the there it was interesting to hear about a "father" and the fact that there aren't enough sweets for the main event from Joker.

It seems like Sebastian has been hungry for quite a while now according to the grim reaper William.

In the end they made an agreement not to interfere with each other's work.

Poor Ciel had to carry heavy things as a backstage helper.

LOL, that moment when William and Sebastian heard they were roommates was freaking epic XD.

So we've learned that grim reapers unlike demons need to sleep... that's a rather interesting fact.

I had been wondering if Ciel's roommate is actually Doll... but that person doesn't like a girl at all and I'm really good at guessing genders lol... but seeing as one eye is also covered it must be her...

In the end it looks like the guys from the circus are suspicious as they went in town during the night, and with a tiger.

That policeman was such a nice and kindhearted guy to buy the flowers, only for him to get killed and the lil girl kidnapped in the end T.T

My opinion of the circus members has changed 360 degrees and I hope Sebastian and Ciel kill them... unless they had good reasons for their deeds...

That shower scene was pretty hard to watch as Ciel was against getting undressed because of his past.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 4:05 PM
May 2014
Very happy with this week's episode. I honestly wasn't expecting the circus members to be so brutal! Especially Dagger as he looks so innocent! I can't wait to see what happens next week!
Aug 2, 2014 7:12 PM

Dec 2012
DiviMike said:
I'm still terrible ashamed of myself for even considering on skipping Book of Circus due to memories of that damnable 2nd season - damn it Okada,at least be content to messing up potentially decent-to-good shows but stay away from great ones.

But enough about Okada and the 2nd season which I think many should forget that even existed(and seeing as it's not cannon,that might not be that hard),this season of Black Butler is simply great and if I'm to make assumptions based on how the 1st season went along,it'll only get better or at least stay consistent. I might read the manga after this is over and even re-watch the 1st season.

the manga is really good!! book of circus is doing pretty well staying canon, so if you like this, you should read it!! Circus is my favorite arc, but my second favorite is the campania (spelling?) arc which brings a lot of character development. :)
Aug 2, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
Vaiyoretto said:
warriorsftw said:

He speaks Kansai ben.

Thank 'ee.
Aug 3, 2014 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
I'm still so surprised that A-1 is doing a good job adapting this arc so far, like wow.
I even thought the added in scenes were well placed and fit the story,
which I definitely can't say about the first seasons filler (a.k.a. 80% of the season).

And the music is so pretty, that one track with the vocals that was in the PV is just gorgeous.
Can't wait to see how they do with the rest of this.
Also, if you think it's dark now, have fun later~
Aug 3, 2014 5:24 PM

Dec 2012
Another great episode. Kuroshitsuji doesn't disappoint.
Aug 3, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2010
Sebastian looked beautiful in this episode as always. It was entertaining seeing the tension between him and William. xD Also I liked the opera music in the background.
Aug 4, 2014 9:03 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode :) Decent adaption so far
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

150 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

131 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

98 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

80 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

93 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 7:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.