Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, some actual train action this episode. I still think Aoi is a bit of an airhead when she is with Naoto...

I think the two bonded a bit more than I had thought? Then again, it doesn't escape the cliches and trope of the 'staying together half naked' trope. Still, this was probably the episode that at least focused on the premise the most. I mean, actual train action!

Jul 31, 2014 7:41 PM
Dec 2013
aoi thinks she's swat or sumthin like that. Also, since he got Haruka standing up for him and Aoi also interested in him, could we be one step closer to love triangle?
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Jul 31, 2014 11:09 PM
Jun 2013
Oh, where do you think you're touching?
[spoiler]

Aug 1, 2014 12:46 AM

Jul 2012
Elunestar said:
Oh, where do you think you're touching?
[spoiler]

was wondering about that myself. I figure the translator got the subs wrong and sakurai actually said "get a firm grip on my ass" rather than "crouch down in front of me"
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Aug 1, 2014 1:14 AM

Sep 2013
I don't know why but I love Rail Wars even though the Plot is shit

Aug 1, 2014 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
Train got blocked by Sakurai's boobs. Derailment!

Koumi will take the spot next week. I'm rooting for Sakurai x Takayama tho.
MizeteoAug 1, 2014 2:13 AM
Aug 1, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2011
trabeus1 said:
I don't know why but I love Rail Wars even though the Plot is shit
Well, the PLOTs are actually pretty nice haha but yeah I agree.

Anyways, good episode focusing on just Sakurai and Takayama. Glad to see they got a bit closer with each other too. And lmao at that model train getting derail by her plot and that crouching? ass grab.

Sakurai is best girl.
Aug 1, 2014 2:26 AM

Nov 2013
A nice episode, I feel like I learn more trains after each episode.
Aoi x Takayoma want some of that. Takayama likes thighs.
Aug 1, 2014 3:57 AM

Feb 2014
We got an episode dedicated to sakurai and the main guy. That sure was intense, chasing the bomber. Nice episode nonetheless.
Aug 1, 2014 4:56 AM

Jan 2013
When was the Aoi flag raised?
Still, I like it.
Aug 1, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
Can't really defend this series, it's just a crazy laugh and that's a good thing, really doesn't take itself too seriously!
Aug 1, 2014 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Sakurai and Takayama are tailing and chasing the criminal on their adventure. I got to love all those moments they spent together.

Takayama saw those pantsu moments of Sakurai, saw her thigh and felt her boob touching his back. He is one lucky guy.

Sakurai and Takayama saved the train through....good job.
Aug 1, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2012
Yo (MAL) put ecchi in genres and i hate Sakurai i hate this type of character ( i like so i am gonna kick .. punch .. scream at you even if it's my fault and it 99.9% it's not your fault so fuck it) i fucking hate tsunderes characters
"Happiness is like glass. It may be all around you, yet be invisible. But if you change your angle of viewing a little, then it will reflect light more beautifully than any other object around you."
Aug 1, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
Such flawed logical decisions! Yet I somehow enjoyed that. Sakurai is cool. And next time it's Haruka's turn it seems.
Aug 1, 2014 10:05 AM
Mar 2014
Kinda annoys me when Sakurai thinks she's the police or something. If she wanted to join them, she could have, but as long as she's working in public safety she should do her job right. Still, she seems to be learning this and she hasn't caused too much damage yet, so I guess it's all good.
Aug 1, 2014 10:16 AM

Sep 2013
The REAL question is how many episodes this going to have

Aug 1, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
trabeus1 said:
The REAL question is how many episodes this going to have

depends how much rating is getting in japan
Aug 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
There was either a drop in quality or a new animation staff. It looked so different from previous episodes. It was ok overall like most of the plot driven episodes.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Aug 1, 2014 1:41 PM
Mar 2012
Sakurai and Takayama ship has sailed. Animation quality was a bit worse than usual.
Aug 1, 2014 2:14 PM
Nov 2012
7thVoid said:
There was either a drop in quality or a new animation staff. It looked so different from previous episodes.

Yes. It's an empty world. Almost no background characters, even in major railroad stations.
Aug 1, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2014
oldskoolpunk said:
7thVoid said:
There was either a drop in quality or a new animation staff. It looked so different from previous episodes.

Yes. It's an empty world. Almost no background characters, even in major railroad stations.

Indeed. I'm disapointed of the direction this anime is heading to. Fanservice won't save it....
Aug 1, 2014 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
Dear God, the QUALITY animation in this episode was just unbearable. I know the studio doing this is new and all, but this is just pathetic.
However, the sexual tension between Aoi and Takayama is amusing. Will continue to watch for the TRAINS.
Aug 1, 2014 5:35 PM

Mar 2014
Sakurai is such a Tsundere lol but the animation quality this episode was pretty subpar compared to the others.
Aug 1, 2014 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
This fanservice doesn't stop to impress me, nice job animators!

Le things that only happen in Japan really/almost never...

And she hit a wire with a gun, LOOOOOOOL, so realistic... -.-

Decent episode
Aug 1, 2014 6:42 PM

May 2014
The only reason I haven't dropped this show yet is because it's the first anime I've seen where all the girls have incredibly large rear ends.
Aug 1, 2014 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
damn seriously need to know who directed this episode that and the quality drop was very noticeable

new drinking game take a shot every time there's a panning shot of Sakurai this episode.
Aug 1, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2013
So we had Aoi and Takayama moments? Well, I kinda like Haruka more.

And also, I hope that Iwaizumi has more lines and exposure. He seems to be a supporting character than a main character.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 1, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
After watching it a few hours ago, I have completed forgotten what happened this episode. :| It's just that forgettable. I need to watch some manservice to balance out this shit. lol
Aug 1, 2014 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah the show is kinda stupid, and incredibly predictable. But for some reason I actually enjoy watching this cliched, predictable story, don't really get it, but meh
Aug 1, 2014 9:44 PM
Aug 2011
Haruka showing some jealousy at Aoi getting all the attention from Takayama. Though the preview shows Harukas about to put some moves on him next episode.
Aug 1, 2014 10:51 PM
Aug 1, 2014 11:36 PM

Apr 2013
Awesome PLOT-Block. Poor toy train.
And by now, anyone taking this show seriously needs to stop.
Aug 2, 2014 1:07 AM
Jun 2013
... hum... well... I still like the ending... thats all...
Aug 2, 2014 1:28 AM

Oct 2013
boring. skipped a lot. ..
Aug 2, 2014 1:48 AM

Dec 2011
D'aww. We got another Aoi X Takayama episode. All the plot this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 2:05 AM

Jul 2013
Sakurai is literally the only reason this anime is still worth watching but even she can't erase the presence of that blabbering idiot called Takayama. This thing is getting more and more boring each episode and it seems the next one will focus on the driving plot of this anime (Haruka's boobs).

I'm dropping the rating to 4 for now.
Aug 2, 2014 3:15 AM
Sep 2008
I expected this to be a harem where the biggest challenge for the male lead would be to get the tsundere fall for him, but apparently I was wrong since it happened already. I wonder whether they can keep this interesting... Takayama is so useless it hurts...

Action was nice, could have watched more of that.
Aug 2, 2014 3:16 AM
Dec 2013
yo im gonna drop in here and say this episode was ok but that redhead is da greatest which is why i continue to watch this show so yeah righto

out
Aug 2, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2013
Sakurai was the best this episode. Action really solved this one.
Aug 2, 2014 7:32 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned.
Singe phrase responses are removed. Please expound your thoughts.

On a different note, this episode sucks real hard animation quality wise. It was truly horrible that watching this in 4k won't make any difference. The ecchi can't save this series.
Anyway.. you can't simply just take off your underwear because it got wet. Such a lame excuse.
Aug 2, 2014 7:55 AM

Dec 2011
An episode that focused on trains... at last they're giving the actual plot some attention... the whole rail wars thing...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
That was some interesting development and bonding there.

As for the fanservice, I can tolerate it, as it is really tame when compared to Qwaser (if im not mistaken done by this studio too?) and sometimes fun.

Sakurai was good this time, but I still prefer Koumi D:
Aug 2, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
Sakurai is too good for that boring Takayama. But then again, in anime, it's the boring ones who always get the girls.

More Sakurai is always good but then Takayama's presence negated all her awesomeness >__>
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 2, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
So much blushing this episode and MC is as useless as always...

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Aug 2, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
Sakurai is, remains and always will be Worst Girl. I seriously have no idea what the hell people see in these neurotic, violent tsundere bitches.

Despite featuring my least favorite character in the entire series, not a bad episode. I hate Sakurai, but even I have to admit she's pretty damn hot. If she wants to be a cop so damn badly why doesn't she just join the police force instead of stinking up the place? Then she can be as abusive a cunt as she wants to be.

Iida still manages to be even hotter than the designated fanservice girl, Haruka. Speaking of, I want another Haruka-centric episode. I've had more than enough Sakurai for now.
Aug 2, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
is it me a haruka is just jealous?
bruh
Aug 2, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
sakurai is defenitely the best girl around, i am really happy with this episode
Aug 2, 2014 9:32 PM
Aug 2011
LastChapter said:
Sakurai and Takayama ship has sailed. Animation quality was a bit worse than usual.

I'm not so convinced, I actually think Haruka will win him in the end.
Aug 2, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
I can't help but think there was some serious QUALITY in this episode. Everyone's face seemed off-model in a lot of the shots.

junpants said:
So much blushing this episode and MC is as useless as always...

Ordinarily I would say "to each his own," but a good portion of this episode was devoted to providing specific, concrete evidence that the MC is useful. If you noticed this and still think he is useless, that begs the question: why?

And if you didn't pick up on that then I think you need to watch the episode again.

Blind_Guardian said:
If [Sakurai] wants to be a cop so damn badly why doesn't she just join the police force instead of stinking up the place? Then she can be as abusive a cunt as she wants to be.

I am pretty certain that a police brutality lawsuit or something similar lies in Sakurai's future if she remains in any sort of security or law enforcement job. It seems like she is constantly itching to fight criminals and strikes me as the kind of person who would eagerly use excessive force in arresting someone. The irony of this is that while she hates criminals she is essentially a criminal waiting to happen.

And in case there was any doubt - no, I don't like her either.
Aug 2, 2014 11:06 PM

Apr 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
Sakurai is, remains and always will be Worst Girl. I seriously have no idea what the hell people see in these neurotic, violent tsundere bitches.

Despite featuring my least favorite character in the entire series, not a bad episode. I hate Sakurai, but even I have to admit she's pretty damn hot. If she wants to be a cop so damn badly why doesn't she just join the police force instead of stinking up the place? Then she can be as abusive a cunt as she wants to be.

Iida still manages to be even hotter than the designated fanservice girl, Haruka. Speaking of, I want another Haruka-centric episode. I've had more than enough Sakurai for now.

What the hell is wrong with you? Sakurai is definitely the best girl here. She was violent to Takayama because she wants him to man up and be stronger.

Also because she can't always save Takayama's ass if he was caught in trouble that's why she trains him that way. And Sakurai always saves Takayama, Is it wasn't enough to call her the best girl here?

Lastly they are Security Officers so Sakurai's skills and attitude was definitely suitable for her.
This is an Action Type/Theme Anime, so there's nothing wrong with Sakurai being violent sometimes and she's just cool...
And she wasn't like Chitoge (Shitoge of Nisekoi) because this anime was not just an a Romance-Comedy anime like Nisekoi.
jzmagic said:
LastChapter said:

I'm not so convinced, I actually think Haruka will win him in the end.

You wouldn't say this if you really know Takayama.
Haters always gonna hate.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

181 by KanthorFehga »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

75 by 424jersey106 »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

99 by Raizel »»
Jan 1, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

68 by ColdBisquiT »»
Dec 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Apakabar »»
Dec 4, 2021 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.