Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2014 4:42 PM
Nov 2013
An amazing episode this one was. Tsukiyama did it again in another creepy way :)
I wanna see how the fight between Touka and Tsukiyama will be. Im so hyped about it
Jul 31, 2014 4:45 PM

Aug 2011
Love the way it ends. I really want to see next episode!
Great show
Jul 31, 2014 4:46 PM
Oct 2010
lol this dude is absolutely hilarious. He's making the show really good for me right now.
Jul 31, 2014 4:55 PM

Apr 2011
See the mods are 'contributing' to the discussion as always ...

Not a bad episode, we got to see some explanation of why Nishiki is such an asshole. Turns out he's not so bad after all. I guess he can't use his powers because he's still wounded both from the MC's attack and the beatdown in the alley.

Gourmet, on the other hand, is every bit as bad as he seemed. Can't wait to see that guy get shredded by Toka's powered up form. Toka wasn't being very smart, though, forcing herself to eat that chick's cooking when she wasn't even there to see it. It really weakened her up until she got a taste of the MC's flesh and blood.
Jul 31, 2014 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
Touka is love, Touka is life.

This episode felt especially faced paced.

And again with this censoring of course..

Jul 31, 2014 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
[i]Tries bien!
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 31, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2010
As a manga reader, I'm just happy we got some kind of adaptation. That said, it was rushed, but maybe with only 12 episodes they felt they couldn't grab enough attention if they took it slower? No doubt the coolest part so far in the story is that event that happens to Kaneki which is pretty far into the book.
Jul 31, 2014 5:22 PM
Jul 2013
Holy fuck that guy is a baka hentai.

And what's with him speaking french? TRES BIENNNNN OUI OUI OUI
Jul 31, 2014 5:34 PM

Apr 2010
Touka, you go gurl!

Nice ep, wasn't even that bothered with the censorship.
Jul 31, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
Tsukiyama is crazy as.
Episode felt rather quick, but it was good nonetheless.
Touka looked awesome at the end there
Jul 31, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
Dem wings tho.

But seriously it was great. Hurts to wait for a new episode every week, but what can you do.
Jul 31, 2014 5:52 PM

Apr 2014
MEsoJD said:
As a manga reader, I'm just happy we got some kind of adaptation. That said, it was rushed, but maybe with only 12 episodes they felt they couldn't grab enough attention if they took it slower? No doubt the coolest part so far in the story is that event that happens to Kaneki which is pretty far into the book.

Worst thing they could do is Butcher Chapter 60-80 in the Manga.We all know that Awesome scene :)
So Gourmet arc is Episode 4-6
Then Dove arc is probably episode 6-8
I think they can pull off the last arc in Four episode,Three is rushing.

Jul 31, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2012
Heh, a much better episode than the last 2. I'll start reading the manga after this adaptation is over I guess, just so I can join the complaints of everyone else :P
Jul 31, 2014 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
I hope the Blu Ray has inverted colors, just so i can see the tears from all the people who only watch this to see cartoon violence.
Jul 31, 2014 6:07 PM

Mar 2014
what? they skips the good punches when Kaneki was trying to save Nishiki...
also like NIshiki's backstory, gives deep to him and no hate him by his behaivor
in the first episodes.
I like Tsukiyama's reactions but don't think that is rushed the encounter? xD
Jul 31, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2010
Nishiki getting background! Having a sister that was betrayed yet able to still trust someone. Kimi and Nishiki!!!
Touka taking a bite from Kaneki. That instant power up!
Jul 31, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2013
to hell with the censoring and amazing action nonetheless
Jul 31, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
Nice ep. The ending was especially cool too

Jul 31, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
aww yeah touka so awesome.
so im guessing kaneki can regenerate - omg, he's gonna be the ultimate food pumping machine xD
how come kaneki didnt do any fighting though :(
Jul 31, 2014 6:51 PM

Feb 2014
I felt the animation wasn't as good as in the other episodes. Maybe is just me.
Well, it was a good episode.
Jul 31, 2014 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
wow that's kool just end right there you fucks D:
epic episode
that cliffhanger >.> RRRAAAGGGGEEE
[/quote]
Jul 31, 2014 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
I wasn't too happy with this episode, but at least we got some action going.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Jul 31, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, nice back story.

5 Episodes in and people still complaining its rushed and censored...Do you think anythings gonna change? FML
Jul 31, 2014 7:50 PM

Feb 2008
Episode was good, it's slightly fast paced, but that's FAR better than slow paced.
Jul 31, 2014 8:01 PM

Apr 2011
Duri1n said:
U know, this episode felt like it had a whole lot of potential but... it failed to be great...

Firstly, seriously, the arc went by too fast. A few things would've benefitted frm some slower pacing. Though, i guess this was alreay pretty obvious frm the previous episode.

I mean, things like Nishio's characterisation sufferred, imo. He has a pretty good backstory, and his current self is really cool. But I found it hard to link up his actions frm his past to the current him... I feel some parts of the story could've been fleshed out. Same with Kimi, I dun feel I understand where she's coming frm... it's like, oh, ok, she's doig that cos the anime is saying that's what she does xp

Okay, coming to episode specific details... censoring was ugh... Tsukiyama is actually kinda funny to wath with his over the top reactions when thinkig abt Kaneki. Kaneki, seems really stupid to me... I dont understand why he didnt tell anyone abt what Tsukiyama did. And he seems pretty damn lucky Touka showed up, bcos once agn, it felt extremely stupid to go off to save someone when ur pretty pathetic urself...

Now, some things that arent makig much sense to me...
1. Why was Nishio struggling so much? Couldn't he just kill any random human and eat the person's flesh to recover? I feel some explanation's been left out...

2. Kimi's story clashes with what she said... she said she didnt mind Nishio eatig human's as lobg as they werent her parent or siblings... but, her parents and younger bro are already dead ... -_-

3. I'm wondering how Tsukiyama was gonna force Kaneki to eat Kimi. Doesnt seem feasible unless he confines kaneki for days to starve him, then dangle Kimi in front of Kaneki xp...

4. How did Touka know Kaneki was in trouble. That kinda came out of the blue. Again, I feel like some explanation was missing.

5. Er... wondering how Kaneki saved Nishio frm the grp of ghouls that were bullying Nishio. They just showed him punch one guy... er, I thought Kaneki was still pretty weak xp... and considering the fact that the grp were all ghouls, I cant imagine how he could've gotten out of that situation with Nishio without remaining unscathed...

Er... I guess my main problems all have to do with the half-baked explanation in the anime... definitely gonma read the manga after the anime finishes cos a lot of the story elements n ideas sound really cool. Too bad the anime isnt doing such a great job at using those great ideas...

Nishiki was feeling weak cus his wound wouldn't heal. I thought they made it pretty obvious in the anime...that's why he didnt have enough strength to kill a human and eat it.

Yeah Kimi's family is already dead but she only said it as a "if". So if he wasn't the one that killed them then she'd be okay with it.

Tsukiyama could've easily force fed Kaneki just like Touka did to him in the first ep.

Well, Touka could've easily followed Kaneki or she could've saw the letter *shrugs*

And for Kaneki and the group of ghouls, Kaneki has been training for a while now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could take on a group of inexperienced ghouls.
Jul 31, 2014 8:14 PM
Mar 2014
While I do dislike how things are deviating, I do somewhat agree that moving this part up might have helped the story flow just a little bit.

Kaneki goes from mopping the floor with an investigator to brutalizing the scrapper, to..getting his ass kicked all over the place by the Gourmet who because of his type advantage he should've mopped the floor with.

Though IMO, that whole arc was ultimately about showing that just because you have a type advantage, other factors can still cause you to lose. Since Kaneki was Gourmet's hard-counter, while Gourmet was Touka's hard-counter, and the yet the disadvantaged types were the ones to win over their counter-type either by experience or tactics.

At least this way Kaneki will be straight up kicking people's asses all the way to the end.
Jul 31, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
As a manga reader, this was a good episode, worlds better than last week.
Jul 31, 2014 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
My god someone kill Tsukiyama, just annoying when I see him. But Luckily Toka was pretty badass in here when she is fighting him. Kaneki is still getting there, but probably when syncing with Toka, then they are pretty badass pair. Oh man Toka's form at the end there, why did it have to end here :(.

Wow nice to have a backstory Nishiko, and I have no hate from him anymore. At least his girlfriend was pretty loyal to him and thanks to him that she is still alive.

Well I call this a great episode, lots of action and some character development for Nishiko. Basically, I don't really care for censorship and fast pace story as long as it keeps me entertained and satisfying. I'll read the Manga when the anime ends.

Jul 31, 2014 9:03 PM
Oct 2012
I liked this, at least compared to the other episodes. It wasn't bad.. It felt really shounen though.
I don't like Tsukiyama in this, he's supposed to be weird but I think they really went to town with it.
He lacks the hilarity he has in the manga. The tres bien scene was great though. I just feel he's a little... Lame.

It doesn't make sense for Kaneki to have the confidence to go and rescue Kimi lol.
CoraliraJul 31, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 31, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
I have new-found respect for you Nishiki ;___;

I'm so tempted to go read the manga now just to see what'll happen next. Must resist.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 31, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 2014
I really REALLY hate Tsukiyama. He isn't scary or creepy, he's just nauseating (as Touka said). I can't stand him. I hope he dies in the next episode ;-;

ANYWAY, I love the action in the episode. I can't wait to see Touka kick some ass next time :)
Jul 31, 2014 9:28 PM
Jul 2014
Feels rushed for some reason. Anyway, it was nice knowing Nishiki's backstory. Have more respect for him. And his loyal girlfriend.

Can't wait to see Touka fight.
Jul 31, 2014 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
Lol, Kaneki's only good as food
Jul 31, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
I hope kaneki becomes stronger!

Poor Nishiki :/
Jul 31, 2014 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
this episode was more faithful to the manga, the censorship still takes away a bit of grace, I want see the red's blood spreading across the screen, was a bit touching to show the relationship of Nishiki and Kimi, Touka entered the overpower state and I hope will happen one good fight in the next episode ..
Aug 1, 2014 12:08 AM
Apr 2014
Loved This Episode so much :3
Finally saw some badass action, i hated Nishiki at First but i felt bad for him when i saw his story
Cant Wait till the Next Week ;P
Aug 1, 2014 12:24 AM
Jul 2014
I've never read the manga I loved this anime so much but after reading a few of the comments I'm getting really discouraged that it's actually bad but since I don't know anything else I just think it's so good. I don't exactly know what's being censored since I haven't read the manga but it's pretty gore filled for me :) I'm gonna stick with the anime and see if I read the mange after.
Aug 1, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 2013
Miyano Mamoru did an outstanding job as Tsukiyama,

And Amamiya Sora's voice is AJKSHDJKHASDOMFG I def love her voice when she not all sweet talky like in other roles.

At this point I'm gonna have to go with manga over anime, the anime pacing is terrible.
Aug 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
boo on the censors, they're doing the exact same thing they did to Deadman Wonderland.

anywho great episode, I haven't gotten this far in the manga but it felt rushed too, oh well.

I can't figure out my feelings for Touka. Sometimes I hate her for how mean she is and then other times I like her for how much she protects Kaneki. idk I wish she'd just decide on whether or not to be nice so I didn't feel conflicted all the time.

Tsukiyama is a total creep and easily my least favorite character in this series. He's so rapey I hate it.
Aug 1, 2014 1:27 AM

Mar 2011
Great episode but the censoring is just too much >.<
Aug 1, 2014 1:40 AM

May 2014
christinabunny said:
I hope kaneki becomes stronger!

Poor Nishiki :/

So were they all starving and couldnt use their kagune? I know touka got messed up from her friends food and nishiki was starving but what about kaneki? Just because I feel like 3v1 if they all 3 had full power they would've just wrecked him.
Aug 1, 2014 2:16 AM

Jun 2014
Nice episode, Touka looking awesome this episode. Going to be an epic fight next episode, or so I hope.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Aug 1, 2014 2:19 AM

Jun 2009
Sure, this was rushed. But, I think I enjoyed this episode a bit more than the previous one. The stuff with Touka at the end was pretty cool, at least. Hard to screw that up, I guess. Kind of annoyed about the ruined context of things, such as Tsukiyama breaking Kaneki's arm in the same way Kaneki did again the giant from the "diner". In the anime he didn't break the arm so....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 1, 2014 2:21 AM

May 2013
Touka looks so awesome with her kagune ongoing. Tsukiyama is gonna have a hell of a beating. Nishio should deal with the final strike just to get revenge for Kimi.

Pretty great episode.
Aug 1, 2014 2:50 AM

Sep 2013
I just don't understand why there are only 12 episodes. They could do a 2-cour without cutting any scenes or arcs. I'm kinda disappointed by this adaptation. Well, either way, love Touka's kagune animated. And as always, Miyano Mamoru rocks!
Aug 1, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2013
Man the music is so good but the fucking censoring is so distracting. If only they could handle the censorship with some tact instead of this lousy shit.
Aug 1, 2014 4:14 AM
Sep 2013
I take my words back form last week. I can't wait that long for the blue-rays lol
I really like this episode! The main reason I liked about it is that they got through a lot of things in only the span of 23 mins. The pacing didn't feel rushed and the animation was also pretty smooth :D
I also take my word back from the other thing I said about the OST because I really liked the one played at that scene where Toka got her kagune out.
dammdd123Aug 2, 2014 11:45 PM
Aug 1, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2013
1-cour? Seriously? 12 FREAKING EPISODES?!

Nvm, Tsukiyama is really funny (maybe because of his VA?) and also, good backstory from Nishio.

"Boku wa EIGHTEEN."
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 1, 2014 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
Kaneki-kun.... learn to do something of your own please...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 1, 2014 4:33 AM

Oct 2013
Holy hell, this was an utterly amazing episode. I'm not a manga reader so I have no idea what all was cut, but my damn was that excellent. I even got teary-eyed towards the end of Nishio's backstory.

Tsukiyama is utterly terrifyingly creepy; I thought he was pretty creepy last episode, but he really out did himself here. However, when Tsukiyama tossed Nishio aside at the half point and was like, "You take a load off over there," I could not help but lmao.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
Today, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.