Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2010
Well, I know that there will be no romance in One Piece, and believe me I don't want it either, but I do hope some subtle hints here and there like Usopp x Kaya.

Anyway, so, what pairings do you prefer in One Piece? Doesn't necessarily the most logical/probable! Please list and discuss! And if you mind, also state the reason why you like those pairings.

Please note that this is just for fun, because none of them will come true anyway. Except Usopp x Kaya maybe...

My current OTP in One Piece is................

Pairings I support:
- Usopp x Kaya
Probably the most canon and possible pairing in One Piece.

- Smoker x Tashigi
I know more people prefer Smoker x Hina, Tashigi x Zoro, I can see Smoker x Hina, but Tashigi x Zoro, I can't imagine Zoro with a woman that will constantly remind him of his deceased friend (and Kuina is not just some friend). And I also know Smoker x Tashigi is highly unlikely too, Tashigi being his subordinate and all. But I always like how Tashigi respect and maybe more Smoker so much. And in Punk Hazard, seeing her reaction to Smoker laying on the floor beaten up by Law make me ship them even more. And note that Smoker is the only one that treats her like an equal, I mean, he didn't go easy on her just because she is a female.

- Shanks x Makino
I don't know why, but I like the idea of them being together at the end of the story.

- Zoro x Robin/Perona
Personally, I like Zoro x Robin more, but since Franky appeared, Oda seems to ship him with Robin especially after time skip. I also like Zoro with Perona. A lot of things could happen during the 2 years. Everytime Zoro got hurt from training, I think Perona would always be the one who treats him.

- Luffy x Nami/Hancock
Well, tbh I don't really like Luffy's pairings, because he is just too childish, but in the future, I think Hancock or Nami would work.

- Kohza x Vivi
The second most possible pairing imo. They are like, care for each other so much

- Sanji x His harem
Yes, he will own a super famous restaurant and surrounded by his okama harem

Pairings I dislike:
- Nami x Law/Zoro (because I don't really like Nami so I hate the idea of my favs with her)
- Franky x Robin (because Robin is too good for Franky)
- Any Luffy's yaoi pairing
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 29, 2014 9:41 AM

Mar 2010
Ones I ship or kinda ship
Usopp x Kaya <3
Shanks x Makino [Dont she have a baby now or somthing]
Vivi x Kohza <3
Zoro x Perona Tincy bit. <3 perona
Kid x Law
Law x Doflamingo
Shanks x Mihawk

Zoro x Bonney ???? When did this happen
Jul 29, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2014
Most of the One Piece ships either sicken me or piss me off. But one of them I really like is Usopp x Kaya. One other ship I like is Luffy x Vivi. I dunno why. I just kinda feel like they seem cute together.
Jul 29, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2010
Ranoom said:
Zoro x Bonney ???? When did this happen

I have no idea myself, I just remembered seeing a fanart about them.
Probably because that one time in Sabaody Archipelago arc, when Bonney jump to save Zoro.
Jul 29, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
^Probably generated when Bonney saved Zoro at Sabaody, you know how fangirls work. Any little thing can be made into a pairing.

My faves: Luffy x Nami
Zoro x Robin
Zoro x Perona
Usopp x Kaya
Jul 29, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2010
rothrock said:
^Probably generated when Bonney saved Zoro at Sabaody, you know how fangirls work. Any little thing can be made into a pairing.

I can't agree more lol because I experienced it myself

btw, that cat on you signature...super cute XD
Jul 29, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2007
Robin x Zoro is my OTP in One Piece. Outside of both being my two favourites, I think they go best together since Robin is so level-headed, which goes well with the hot-headed Zoro. Also I can totally see Zoro being a bit of a tsundere with Robin, and Robin chuckling at him trying to hide his feelings (if the pair were ever to go canon). So basically, I feel like none of the ladies, outside Robin, can get a 1-up over him. Robin's cool and calm demeanour allows her that and that's why I think they fit well together. The other thing is that Zoro has actively looked down on Nami and Tashigi. So again, Robin feels like the most equal to him (outside of yaoi ships). Honestly, this is only pair I ship. Don't care for the others. I tend to pretty much find one (maybe two) pair(s) in a given manga that I like, but that one pair I will ship so much.

I do like Vivi x Kohza as well, but imo I think they are prettttty much canon (so I don't really count them as a ship). I mean, no one but Vivi could sway Kohza's heart from the revolt. That's pretty much declaring he loves her without declaring it! Same for Vivi, she treasured her childhood promise with Kohza.
Jul 30, 2014 12:26 AM

Jan 2010
soaring_wings said:
Robin x Zoro is my OTP in One Piece. Outside of both being my two favourites, I think they go best together since Robin is so level-headed, which goes well with the hot-headed Zoro. Also I can totally see Zoro being a bit of a tsundere with Robin, and Robin chuckling at him trying to hide his feelings (if the pair were ever to go canon). So basically, I feel like none of the ladies, outside Robin, can get a 1-up over him. Robin's cool and calm demeanour allows her that and that's why I think they fit well together. The other thing is that Zoro has actively looked down on Nami and Tashigi. So again, Robin feels like the most equal to him (outside of yaoi ships). Honestly, this is only pair I ship. Don't care for the others. I tend to pretty much find one (maybe two) pair(s) in a given manga that I like, but that one pair I will ship so much.

I do like Vivi x Kohza as well, but imo I think they are prettttty much canon (so I don't really count them as a ship). I mean, no one but Vivi could sway Kohza's heart from the revolt. That's pretty much declaring he loves her without declaring it! Same for Vivi, she treasured her childhood promise with Kohza.

Very well said!! I agree with you!
Robin is like the only woman that Zoro respect or something XD

some Zoro x Robin pic~
Jul 30, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2012
^These are nice too :]

Jul 31, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2010
rothrock said:
^These are nice too :]

The third pic is so cuteeeeeeeeee~ XD
Aug 4, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
My pick is.
Luffy x Robin
Sanji x Nami
Zoro x Perona
Smoker x Hina
Aug 5, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
tr1ckst3r said:
Luffy x Robin

Hmm quite rare
Mind to share the reason why? XD
Aug 7, 2014 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
Shicchi said:
tr1ckst3r said:
Luffy x Robin

Hmm quite rare
Mind to share the reason why? XD

I think Robin suit Luffy the best. Nami is too bitchy and like to manipulate people, she's best suited to Sanji. while Hancock is so fuckin hot but his way to express her love to Luffy for me is too "eccentric".
Aug 7, 2014 11:14 PM

Dec 2012
I don't care much for shipping, but Usopp x Kaya is sort of cute. I like the one cover page with Kaya ignoring all those bishonen suitors.
Aug 10, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2013
Zoro x Perona definitely!
Mastery through endless repetition.
Aug 10, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2007
Thanks for sharing those awesome ZoRobin pictures Shicchi and rothrock. :]

I can see the appeal of Zoro x Perona (their interactions are pretty hilarious), but I still personally feel Zoro and Robin have the best chemistry. If only Oda-sensei gave them more time together. *pouts*
Aug 12, 2014 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
Law x Luffy is my favorite One Piece pairing by far.

I also support:

Nami x Vivi
Nami x Law
Nami x Zoro
Zoro x Robin
Zoro x Bonney
Robin x Franky
Robin x Law
Ace x Marco
Ace x Law

I like many many more but those are my main ones. I probably missed some.
Aug 16, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2010
elitsu said:
Law x Luffy is my favorite One Piece pairing by far.

I see, Lawlu is probably the most popular Law pairing right now. It's a shame I can't enjoy any Luffy pairing because I think Luffy is too childish. XD

elitsu said:
I also support:

Nami x Vivi
Nami x Law
Nami x Zoro
Zoro x Robin
Zoro x Bonney
Robin x Franky
Robin x Law
Ace x Marco
Ace x Law

I like many many more but those are my main ones. I probably missed some.

Ehh so you like both yuri and yaoi :D

I see Law x Robin is actually growing in popularity. Probably since the "Good luck, Nico-ya" "You too" scene XD
While I don't dislike the idea of them together, but I still can't see Robin with anyone other than Zoro XD

I hate Nami x Law!!! grrrrr >:(((( *no offense*
Also Nami x Zoro :(

I wonder where this Ace x Law come from, hehe :D but it's still better than Nami x Law in my eyes lol
Aug 16, 2014 2:10 AM

Jan 2010
http://amaitsumi.tumblr.com/

She translates doujins and fanfics, especially those that involve Law, mostly KidLaw, but there are also LawLu, DofLaw, ZoSan, DofuWani, MarcoAce, etc There are also some non-pairing doujins ^^

I don't know if everyone here already know her.....I just wanted to share in case you are interested XD

"Robot Boyfriends" Frobin & Kidlaw

Anaesthesia

Recommended:
- Bathtime [Smolaw, Lawlu, Kidlaw]
http://amaitsumi.tumblr.com/tagged/bathtime
- Before Punk Hazard [Heart Pirates][Non Pairing]
http://amaitsumi.tumblr.com/tagged/before-punk-hazard
- After the Battle [Three Captains (Luffy, Kid, Law)][Non Pairing]
http://amaitsumi.tumblr.com/tagged/after-the-battle
Aug 16, 2014 9:31 AM

May 2012
tons of list but l'll vote for Zoro and Tashigi..

Aug 17, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
Zoro x Luffy is the only pairing I ship.
Aug 19, 2014 4:51 PM
Aug 2012
rothrock said:

My faves: Luffy x Nami
Zoro x Robin
Zoro x Perona
Usopp x Kaya

These, plus Luffy x Hancock are the only pairings that I like. Out of them all, Luffy x Nami is most definitely my favorite though!

Pairings I dislike:

The only one that bothers me out of the ones listed is Luffy x Ace, I'm practically indifferent to other pairings.
Aug 20, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2012
I really like the idea of Usoop x Nami, just because they are fairly similar, in being the two physically weakest crew member and having more doubt in their abilities compared to their crew. They also seem to get a long really well.

I like Perona x Zoro just because she seemed to handle him really well. Like back in Sabaody Archipelago when she was scolding him. Then there was the time she helped treat his wounds. IDK, I just see chemistry with them.
Aug 21, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2010
TheAsianCobain said:

The only one that bothers me out of the ones listed is Luffy x Ace, I'm practically indifferent to other pairings.

Actually, I dislike that pairing too. I put it on the list because it's quite popular.

sman3579 said:
I really like the idea of Usoop x Nami, just because they are fairly similar, in being the two physically weakest crew member and having more doubt in their abilities compared to their crew. They also seem to get a long really well.

I like Perona x Zoro just because she seemed to handle him really well. Like back in Sabaody Archipelago when she was scolding him. Then there was the time she helped treat his wounds. IDK, I just see chemistry with them.

I agreed both about Usopp x Nami and Zoro x Perona. XD
Aug 24, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
Shanks x Makino <3

but also:
Usopp x Kaya
Luffy x Vivi
Mihawk x Perona
Zoro x Tashigi
Oct 4, 2014 3:08 AM

Jul 2012
Luffy x Robin and/or Vivi (he will be pirate king give him a harem)
Sanji x Nami
Zoro x Tashigi
Usopp x Kaya
Shanks x Makino
Aug 24, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
Shanks x Makino.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Sep 24, 2015 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
Luffy x Hancock, she's just so hilarious whenever she's around him.
Nov 9, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Luffy x Hancock
Luffy x Robin
Zoro x Perona
Zoro x Tashiki
Zoro X Kuina
And this weirdes Garp X Tsuru and me eyes looks like somting whas and between them
Dec 28, 2015 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
Sanji x Viola!
Feb 23, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2015
luffy x hancock
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2016 12:18 PM
Oct 2015
My one and only OTP, all-time favorite ship is Franky x Robin. I had never shipped anything in any series before them, and I'll follow this ship in the afterlife xD
The reason why I like it so much? Robin and Franky have a nice dynamic, they understand each other, are always there for the other, they amuse each other and enjoy being together. They complement each other in many aspects, such as one being quiet and calm, the other being loud and extravagant... But they are also similar in other aspects, such as being kind-hearted, intelligent and mature. Both act as parents to the crew, especially the younger trio (Luffy, Chopper, Usopp). I don't think looks are important here and I actually think Franky is handsome. Plus, I'm a person who never liked romance in my favorite series, yet their development has been so heartwarming, I couldn't help but like them together. Robin is my favorite female in OP, I identify with her a lot and I feel like Franky can make her happy. :3

My guilty pleasure ships:
Zoro x Sanji
Zoro x Law
Nami x Vivi
Usopp x Nami

Other than that, I'm good with a lot of ships even though I don't ship them:
Luffy x Nami
Luffy x Hancock
Sanji x Nami
Zoro x Nami
Zoro x Tashigi
Usopp x Kaya
Shanks x Makino
Mihawk x Perona

Ships I dislike:
Any ship of Luffy x Ace x Sabo
Chopper x human character
DaniCaridwenMay 31, 2016 12:26 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which is your favorite one piece movie?

Paituwin - Sep 1, 2021

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 18, 7:56 AM

» The gradually-increasing amount of fan-service in One Piece....thoughts on it?

KaiZodd - Dec 6, 2011

12 by philippeb »»
May 9, 3:00 PM

» Who are your favorite characters? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gmgkng - Mar 19, 2010

282 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM

Sticky: » New nakama? Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alipio - Mar 3, 2010

652 by Kai_Dou »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:35 AM

» ★ Random Image Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

la_tigra - Mar 13, 2010

355 by Kwaxiiiii »»
Jan 17, 2022 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.