Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2013
Vexper said:
Strategist0083 said:

Pay attention to how the Martians act when fighting the Terran mechs. They always over confident and arrogant, and much of their combat strategy revolves around their technology more than actual military tactics. Inaho didn't have time to watch a video. He had to think on the fly, which is why he switched weapons when fighting. The Martian in turn was cocky, he under estimated his opponent and let his guard down which ultimately led to his defeat and retreat.

At the same time it would appear that that the Martians don't have a large number those mechs which is probably why we haven't seen them attacking in the squads.The MC looked at his surroundings and made use of them.

We are paying attention to how they act. Apparently you aren't. It's plot induced, any unimportant characters like in this episode and episode 2, get instantly steamrolled. Main character? He may as well be Jesus. There's no reason for him to stop and consider his opponent when he didn't do that against THREE people just a moment ago. If he would have taken the same manner of attack against the main character how he did against the properly trained soldiers he would have stomped. It's ridiculous how many people aren't getting this. They've been wrote to be intentionally stupid/incompetent when in face of the main character.

More like the martian was overconfident and arrogant. He was toying with his opponent, and didn't seem to be in any hurry to destroy his enemies. He just got through wiping the floor with three Terran soldiers earlier, what reason did he have to worry about two more. He got cocky, let his guard, and then paid the price for it.
Jul 26, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
^
He dispatched the other soldiers easy and quickly enough. There was no need for the showboating when his character showcased that he doesn't do it. Sigh, there's literally no getting through to you, you won't admit that these antagonists are shit and are wrote in a manner which supports the MC in every way.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2007
Vexper said:
^
He dispatched the other soldiers easy and quickly enough. There was no need for the showboating when his character showcased that he doesn't do it. Sigh, there's literally no getting through to you, you won't admit that these antagonists are shit and are wrote in a manner which supports the MC in every way.

It's pretty obvious so far that a lot of stuff is written around making the MC look as cool as humanly possible. I mean nothing convinces me more of this than the whole absolute confidence going out alone against a "dangerous enemy" with the low angle shot as he's putting on his headset. I notice Japan has this thing right now with characters wearing headphones and looking morose being the ultimate portrayal of cool so that amused me a bit.

Everything about this show is just so obvious and on the nose as I've been saying for a month now. I mean it's solid hamfisted entertainment like some of the super robot shows of old, but rather than playing it off as grandiose in that respect and being kind of tongue in cheek about it this show carries itself with this swagger like it's the smartest and saviest robot show ever and just the darkest, grittiest and most war as hell show and yet the characters up to this point save for Slaine and the princess have been kind of laughable, especially the Vers nights. Even that Cruhteo guy kind of looks like just a stereotypical racist jerk this episode when the first time he appeared I still at least had a bit of hope that he'd be a little more nuanced than what we saw in this episode, but nope.
Jul 26, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Can we get some goddamn characterization in this bitch? Slaine is the only character who has been clearly defined and we are almost halfway through.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 26, 2014 12:14 PM
Jul 2014
Great episode. Best mecha of the season.
I don't understand haters, nobody is obligating to watch the show, so if you don't like it don't watch. If you are asking why the people likes the show so much, is just personal taste.
I will continue enjoying this anime. No matter whatever others says.
Jul 26, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
1. The enemy is kinda stupid to be attacking alone…

2. the ost is epic as usual. never can find these kind in regular tv shows

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 26, 2014 12:17 PM
May 2009
Part of the reason this show is so great is that Inaho doesn't spurn the help of other people at all. He knows he's much better as a team than alone, and lets his friends help him. I don't see that often enough in anime.
Jul 26, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
Bluebirds22 said:
I don't understand haters, nobody is obligating to watch the show, so if you don't like it don't watch. If you are asking why the people likes the show so much, is just personal taste.

I've seen this said so many times about this series. I wasn't even aware there were any other new mech series this season? Care to enlighten me?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 26, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
Vexper said:
Bluebirds22 said:

I've seen this said so many times about this series. I wasn't even aware there were any other new mech series this season? Care to enlighten me?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/23325/Shirogane_no_Ishi:_Argevollen
Jul 26, 2014 12:20 PM
Oct 2010
That battle was really dumb.. being so heavily damaged from the impact of a freight container means that if that mech is EVER flanked (since it has no protection) it will go down easily. What were they thinking with these mecha designs.. good lord. Also him blocking bullets with his sword was mad stupid to, I literally wtf'd when I saw that. I figured the way the dude was talking his armour was going to be his protection.. but nah he was legit blocking this stuff with a sword. Also why won't these dudes use some ranged weapons :| .
Jul 26, 2014 12:22 PM

Mar 2013
Vexper said:
Bluebirds22 said:

Don't like it drop it simple.

Jul 26, 2014 12:22 PM
Jul 2013
Vexper said:
^

I just pointing out the weaknesses in the martian's actions, as I see them. How did you want him to be slaughtering everything in sight like an unstoppable powered crazed manic. Like Chabe pointed out, he acted childishly before what he thought was an inferior opponent. Did he have to know, had he take taken more seriously Inaho, his friend, or both would be dead.
Jul 26, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2013
antonn said:
Vexper said:

One other show... that's it? What a grand statement that was then.
Newhopes said:

It has potential, why would I drop it when the writer is just about to change? Your straightforward weak willed logic is pretty poor in this case.

Jul 26, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2008
Vexper said:
antonn said:

One other show... that's it? What a grand statement that was then.
Newhopes said:

It has potential, why would I drop it when the writer is just about to change? Your straightforward weak willed logic is pretty poor in this case.

Sorry to break it to you but this was the first ep not written by Urobutchi
Jul 26, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
Dat ED.

Hopefully, they don't reuse those soundtracks too much.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
Don't really care about the characters on Earth too much yet. I'm more interested about Slaine and what he's going to get up to, it'd be cool to see him gain more power over the next few episodes considering his starting position.

Also I thought the ED was pretty damn awesome.
Jul 26, 2014 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
THAT ED, IT IS SO GOOOD!
Awesome episode.

Nov 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Sorry to break it to you but this was the first ep not written by Urobutchi

Lord save us all. It was pretty hard to tell when scenes from ep 2/3 are recycled with the same OST insert.
Jun 2010
I know how this will end now, earth's hoard overrunning a technologically superior opponent. Oh man it will be so epic.

Kids will be making bombs in their basements.
ilokJul 26, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 26, 2014 12:29 PM
Jul 2014
I really love mecha genre, so I' m happy that at least one series is good like Aldnoah. It's just my opinion, but also find that captain earth, m3 and argevollen are not so exciting like Aldnoah.
Jul 26, 2014 12:30 PM

Mar 2013
ilok said:
I know how this will end now, earth's hoard overrunning a technologically superior opponent. Oh man it will be so epic.

Just like WW2 on the eastern front.

Yeh.
Jul 26, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2007
Vexper said:
Bluebirds22 said:

There's Argevollen which is pretty different and more focused on military industrial politics, the role of a soldiers and their relationship with the brass, and just the more mundane things they all go through trying to do their job. There's no hammy villains, big grandiose music numbers and high civilian death counts since t's a lot more down to Earth and in spite of how people complain about the MC less juvenile than this show, but from my perspective as a long time mecha fan it's by no means bad, just different from Aldnoah and less obviously ambitious. A lot of people on this site absolutely hate it and it's main character though....I mean it's not as "epic" as this show is so it's not going to win the MAL audience over with what it's trying to do so far.

skudoops said:
That battle was really dumb.. being so heavily damaged from the impact of a freight container means that if that mech is EVER flanked (since it has no protection) it will go down easily. What were they thinking with these mecha designs.. good lord. Also him blocking bullets with his sword was mad stupid to, I literally wtf'd when I saw that. I figured the way the dude was talking his armour was going to be his protection.. but nah he was legit blocking this stuff with a sword. Also why won't these dudes use some ranged weapons :| .

Well they already did the barrier thing the last couple of weeks so obviously this needs a new gimmick and given SAO II light sabers are cool right now I guess (same production company), but yeah the drawbacks of these designs that seem to just be there to give Inaho something to exploit really don't make a whole lot of sense from a functionality perspective when it comes to versatility or deployment in different kinds of situations and environments and the only reason it isn't as obvious is because they get to be used in this specific situations where only he can apparently take advantage of them and otherwise they face no resistance. It's just kind of silly, but if people didn't already know that's the kind of show Aldnoah.Zero is by now...well then.....my only question is when setting the trap up how did Inaho know that thing wasn't going to have any sort of barrier like the other mech did and that the box car wasn't just going to get absorbed on impact. I mean from our perspective we see the thing carrying an Earth mecha by the head when it first shows up, but there was no way for him to see that since it hadn't arrived at the ships location yet. If he had still been facing that Nikolares mech he'd have been dead in this situation.

Yeah though boy do those Earth mechas solid weapons ever fire slow in this battle. That guy had all the time in the world to knock those bullets out of the air it's a wonder they had enough forward velocity to even reach him before just dropping to the ground with a thud.
PeacingOutJul 26, 2014 12:44 PM
Jul 26, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2009
Vexper said:
- High school age characters
- ^ which make adults look like vegetables

Since when this is liked? Masses of casuals hate this trope.
Jul 26, 2014 12:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009

Sawano's OST is really clashing hard with Aoki's well directed scenes, also why do they keep using that same track with the chorus? Yikes.

My thoughts exactly. I found the music in the action sequences incredibly distracting. What's wrong with focusing on the sound of the action itself? I don't get it.

Other than that, pretty solid ep. It's a very well made series and one of the best mecha shows in a while. I find Inaho a bit too cool and smart for his young age but I guess I can 'suspend disbelief'. I mean Martians are attacking Earth with giant mecha so I suppose a child military genius is not too much of a stretch, right?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was great, action packed as always. The Vers princess revealed herself to the MC, and Slain is trying to figure out who gave the order to kill the princess, which is going to be an interesting development, I can't wait.

Also, How many episodes is this anime going to be because Wikipedia and MAL shows that there are 12 episodes in total, but Anilist and Hummingbird shows that there are 24 episodes in total. So, which is it 12 or 24?

ChuiRoostaAug 12, 2014 6:49 AM
Jul 26, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
Vexper said:
- High school age characters
- ^ which make adults look like vegetables

Since when this is liked? Masses of casuals hate this trope.

Casuals hate nothing, that's what makes them so filthy, they're too stupid to even know what's bad for them.

Well, nothing except for wincest.
Jul 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
man, that was reckless but Inaho was still able to stay calm no matter what. sugoii!

and the OST is awesomeeeee! can't wait to see Slaine getting into battles. who will he attack, then? haha

*edit*
saw Inaho smiling when his sister said he did good. whoot!
JaeRynJul 26, 2014 12:50 PM
"A man is not his length or his speed. It is how many rounds he can fight." - Gintama
Jul 26, 2014 12:46 PM

May 2014
LTRoosta said:
Also, How many episodes is this anime going to be because Wikipedia and MAL shows that there are 12 episodes in total, but Anilist and Hummingbird shows that there are 24 episodes in total. So, which is it 12 or 24?
It's split-cour!

And I do agree with the points made here. It works as dumb "epic" fun, but my god does the OST clash with the scenes. Also how is the Princess not found out on the ship yet?
Jul 26, 2014 12:47 PM
Jul 2013
Marzan said:

Sawano's OST is really clashing hard with Aoki's well directed scenes, also why do they keep using that same track with the chorus? Yikes.

My thoughts exactly. I found the music in the action sequences incredibly distracting. What's wrong with focusing on the sound of the action itself? I don't get it.

Other than that, pretty solid ep. It's a very well made series and one of the best mecha shows in a while. I find Inaho a bit too cool and smart for his young age but I guess I can 'suspend disbelief'. I mean Martians are attacking Earth with giant mecha so I suppose a child military genius is not too much of a stretch, right?

I equivalent Inoho's personality to that of an INTJ, they aren't known for they're emotions and are sometimes mistaken for being cold-hearted. Though I can understand your skepticism about his intelligence and calm demeanor given his age, just keep in mind that people in Japan are more interpersonal with their emotions than those of us in the west. Unless you INTJ which is normal, not the extent of Inaho mind you, but still pretty normal.
Jul 26, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
Marzan said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one cause honestly that's actually my biggest beef with the show so far. I know they have Sawano here for the popular staff factor this show is banking heavy on and because his music is currently all the rage on both sides of the Atlantic, but it's really just not working all that well so far and I feel like it's just being used to add faux "coolness" to the scenes where it's really not necessary and like I said last week the vocal track thing is going to get really old if they keep using it. Too late, it already has and it's only episode 4. :(

Entravity said:
Dat ED.

Hopefully, they don't reuse those soundtracks too much.

Like I said earlier, kind of too late. The show is kind of beyond the point where anybody concerned about that sort of thing ought to get their hopes up. Those vocal tracks are here to stay for every single action scene mark my words. It kind of makes me want to start muting the show since it's more than a little distracting and even makes it kind of hard to hear some of the dialogue during the fights. Thank god for subtitles lol.

Bluebirds22 said:
I really love mecha genre, so I' m happy that at least one series is good like Aldnoah. It's just my opinion, but also find that captain earth, m3 and argevollen are not so exciting like Aldnoah.

M3 is kind of bad IMO, Captain Earth is just kind of directionless, while Argevollen IMO has it's own appeals. I'd mention Knights of Sidonia too which is very fresh as a mecha/sci-fi series taking place in space far removed from Earth and modern times and all with it's humans living on a seed ship versus giant alien monsters. It's probably the most balanced mecha show in the last year I'd say. With all those shows though they just aren't as focused on maintaining a consistent level of maximum hype as this show is and more concerned about their own things. Basically Aldnoah more than the rest is by it's very inception and nature designed to be popular and as cool looking and sounding as possible at face value, but that doesn't necessarily make it better for everyone per se.

PeacingOutJul 26, 2014 12:56 PM
Jul 26, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
Is great that MC uses his brain, not such other protas. I hope Slaine join with Inaho and the others. Good episode 5/5.
Jul 26, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Gotta love Inaho. Instead of fighting a supermecha with a stronger supermecha that conveniently pops up, he uses wits and tactics. This is why I love Gen Urobochis writing. He makes his fighting scenes more than just explosions.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jul 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
hope slaine get to uncover everything soon, he's a great soldier who have brains, not only take order

inaho expressionless really suit his ability, and his gut and planning exceed soldier

and how can 3 students can get a better result than 3 soldier o.0
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2013
So Slaine neither went after the princess nor reported the treason. I don't know why I hadn't considered that, but meh.

I thought this mecha would have the same barrier thing as before when I saw the cockpit. I liked the barrier more than the too-hot-it-evaporates-bullets-in-mid-air-blade tbh. Considering it seems to have more gaps than the previous one, this robot might just be easier to take down (it seems more offense oriented).

Princess is still best girl.
Jul 26, 2014 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
HunterTennouji said:
Instead of fighting a supermecha with a stronger supermecha that conveniently pops up, he uses wits and tactics.

Couldn't of put it better myself also mixed with those OST's just makes it so much more epic
Jul 26, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
Orgasmic ending. I love the song. I'm gonna buy the Ost.
And considersting the images of the new ending, is probably that Slaine join with Inaho in the next episode.
Jul 26, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2010
my... whenever the songs kicks in this anime becomes 5x times better and it's already super epic.
Jul 26, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 2013
Ok, looks like the main flaw of earth mechs were that they probably were never designed for extreme close quarter combat, so good thing that Inaho it has to think outside the box. So, Slane is going to battle, the question now is whose side he gonna fight?
Jul 26, 2014 1:24 PM
Oct 2010
Botato said:
So Slaine neither went after the princess nor reported the treason. I don't know why I hadn't considered that, but meh.

What I didn't get was why didn't he come up with a better lie? He could have said the terrans defeated that one dude and that he saw the princess alive. I figured he was trying to gauge whether the count was in on it or not, but he quickly deduced that he wasn't.. so.. :|
Jul 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
Oh my god. I love Aldnoah's ED song. I'm getting sick of the main OST. It was cool for the first episode, but I'm just not getting the same feeling anymore.

I liked how Inaho stepped in for Princess Asselyum. They can't just rely on the princess to cause a distraction.

If I'm correct there are 4 major factions in the anime right? Terrans, Orbital Kingdoms, Mars Kingdom and the Vers?
Jul 26, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
T3hSource said:
LTRoosta said:
It's split-cour!

And I do agree with the points made here. It works as dumb "epic" fun, but my god does the OST clash with the scenes. Also how is the Princess not found out on the ship yet?

And with all the great anime coming out next season, I can understand why it would be split-cour. It would have a lot less competition to deal with in the Winter 2015 season or Spring 2015 season (whenever it does finally get around to airing). I'd say waiting for Spring 2015 would be the best bet since Fate/Stay Night, Psycho-Pass 2, Log Horizon 2, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso should all be finished with their 2nd cours by then.
Jul 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Botato said:

What I didn't get was why didn't he come up with a better lie? He could have said the terrans defeated that one dude ...

There's no way he would buy that.

skudoops said:
... and that he saw the princess alive. I figured he was trying to gauge whether the count was in on it or not, but he quickly deduced that he wasn't.. so.. :|

It's irrelevant whether or not he was in on it because he nevertheless seeks to profit from it and would prefer the princess be dead.

rinstincts said:
If I'm correct there are 4 major factions in the anime right? Terrans, Orbital Kingdoms, Mars Kingdom and the Vers?

It's just Earthlings vs Martians. Vers = Mars Kingdom, which the orbital castles are part of.
Jul 26, 2014 1:31 PM
Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
AICW said:
That was pretty slick on Slaine's part to cover his tracks by blaming the meteor bombardment for Trillram's death. No body = no proof.

Well, even if I didn't know already that Urobuchi's involvement with the show is over, the dialogue between the Captain and her XO would have tipped me off. "Do you know why you can't get a date?" "Aren't you supposed to arrive fashionably late?" "That happens after you get the date" like hell would Urobuchi ever write something like that lmao.

What characters interacting with a degree of humor and wit to them instead of just all expository dialogue and philosophizing all the time?

Oh my God THIS! Though I will admit that that little banter was a little out of place given that they could all have died.

Still though, refreshing as hell. It's going to make the adult love triangle set up (war vet, nao's neesan and margabare...the army chick) pretty interesting...and annoying since she's already showing more of a personality than Nao's nee but Nao's nee will probably win because in anime the girl without personality has to win, right? (Manaka, anyone?)

I like her already and it took the new writers one episode to do this. Pretty amazing.

Jul 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Oct 2012
I still don't know how to feel about this show, Inaho is a bland robot of a character with too many Gary Stu moments. The atmosphere should be way more depressing that it is, the Martians are practically exterminating the people on earth and nobody is really that worried about it.

But the music is really good, and I want to see more of Slaine since he seems like a much more interesting character than Inaho "Gary" Kaizuka.
Jul 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
ollythirteen said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

What characters interacting with a degree of humor and wit to them instead of just all expository dialogue and philosophizing all the time?

Oh my God THIS! Though I will admit that that little banter was a little out of place given that they could all have died.

Still though, refreshing as hell. It's going to make the adult love triangle set up (war vet, nao's neesan and margabare...the army chick) pretty interesting...and annoying since she's already showing more of a personality than Nao's nee but Nao's nee will probably win because in anime the girl without personality has to win, right? (Manaka, anyone?)

I like her already and it took the new writers one episode to do this. Pretty amazing.

You guys seem to be misunderstanding me. I'm not crying that Urobuchi's no longer involved with the show. I like the new writer. I just don't get why everyone has to bash on Katsuhiko Takayama for one bad show. Holy fuck, get over it. Even the best people in the industry have bad projects under their belt.
Jul 26, 2014 1:38 PM
Feb 2014
I loved some parts, but some parts didn't make much sense to me xp

Okay, I do like the direction this series is taking. I'm quite liking the MC now. He seems to be rather emotionless for a reason, I think? His line about humans being all irrational in tough situations sounded like he had some personal experience with such things... maybe that's why he makes himself so calm in every situation?

The atmosphere of the series is starting to appeal to me. At the very least, I'm getting entertained. The pacing is pretty good so far too.

Now... some things that are bothering me... I've just started realising that the assassins must've been idiots for not considering that the princess had a double... I just realised that that was a pretty cheap reason for her surviving the attack... but meh... Not such a big deal...

Now, the major thing that bugged me this episode... this second Kaphrakt seemed pretty damn stupid... Really, all it has is a super katana... the way it defends itself against bullets is just so... lame... all the enemy needs to do is surround the guy and he's a goner cos he can really only defend himself from one side, especially since his Martian Kaphrakt doesn't seem to have armour that can defend against Terran rounds xp...

Okay, granted, this Kaphrakt is probably an offensive type, but then I'd expect a unit like that to be faster... it has to make up for its lack of defensive abilities by going faster, especially since its main (or only??) weapon is a close range one... but then, it wasn't portrayed as able to move any faster than most Kaphrakts... hell, he took forever to get from the first destroyed ship (which was close enough its explosion damaged the second ship) to the second!

I'm no military expert, but there seems to be some really serious flaws with the Martian's Kaphrakts -_-

Now, about Slaine... He really is in a pinch.. I don't think he really had any other option except to return to the castle, so I dont think he's stupid. Besides, his brain was probably in a huge muddle. IMO, it was actually the right thing to ask to go into the battlefield. I assume he probably wants to go onto earth to find the princess, and volunteering to go onto the battlefield was probably the only way. Besides, even if he knew the count wasnt part of the assassination group, the commander was happily using the princess' death for his own desires... I'm guessing Slaine has some plan in mind to save the princess... I just HOPE he doesn't have some fucked up logic while he's at it, like killing Terrans cause their existence is causing the princess to be target, therefore he must kill terrans or some screwed up mentality like that xp

Finally, I'm liking the fact that Inaho doesn't have a special mecha. He's using proper, well-thought battle plans to take down the supposedly superior martians. Kinda like that, since so I know mecha animes tend to give their MCs OP mechas that always triumph because of will-power or some nonsensical thing like that xp
Though, his opponents so far have had pretty obvious flaws that sometimes dont make sense -_-

There's some other stuff I'm not quite convinced off, but I think I'm already nitpicking way too much. Overall, I'm kinda enjoying the series, so I'll just let some of those petty stuff slide
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 26, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
dis OST too good
i like this emotionless mc. he reminds me of heero from gundam wing
Jul 26, 2014 1:41 PM
Apr 2013
So yeah, I don't hate this show. Oddly. Even the Urobuchi episodes I didn't really hate and I hate hate HATE Gen Urobuchi's talky, empty, dumbed-down, rubbish writing.

It's just fast-food entertainment a la "Kill la Kill", ya know, pretty to look at and pretty to hear soundtrack (though I'm only fond of that BGM with the chorus) and VA-wise.

Let's hope the new writers turn it into something at least above average if only by a little.

Jul 26, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 2013
AICW said:
ollythirteen said:

You guys seem to be misunderstanding me. I'm not crying that Urobuchi's no longer involved with the show. I like the new writer. I just don't get why everyone has to bash on Katsuhiko Takayama for one bad show. Holy fuck, get over it. Even the best people in the industry have bad projects under their belt.

Katsuhiii... hunh? Dare desu ka

Jul 26, 2014 1:42 PM
Nov 2009
Vexper said:
We are paying attention to how they act. Apparently you aren't. It's plot induced, any unimportant characters like in this episode and episode 2, get instantly steamrolled. Main character? He may as well be Jesus. There's no reason for him to stop and consider his opponent when he didn't do that against THREE people just a moment ago. If he would have taken the same manner of attack against the main character how he did against the properly trained soldiers he would have stomped. It's ridiculous how many people aren't getting this. They've been wrote to be intentionally stupid/incompetent when in face of the main character.

... except that the Martian dude did approach both situations in the exact same way.

For the first three mechs the dude brings out his sword and starts standing there cutting bullets because he clearly thinks that's cool. He did not just Heero Yui the three mechs right away. Only after they unload an ineffective round or two on him does he go up for the chop (and he does it under cover of smoke so they don't have time to react).

Against Inaho he did the 'look at me, I can stand here cutting bullets' thing in the exact same way and then went for an obvious killing strike the moment he realized he was fighting two people. Then Inaho caught him through smoke and the rest went as it went.

So the only inconsistency is the one in your head.

I imagine most of the series is going to be about silly gimmicky mechs being taken down by this kind of thing. If that bothers you, then probably should drop it.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.