Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
opondica said:
GodlyKyon said:

Well, the series is nowhere close to finishing, so we'll have to wait until that happens. I am not exactly sure why are people supposedly super impressed with this central character. Sure, he is much better than the beta male protagonists that are so common in ecchi-harem series out there, but the way he behaves is just ... too emotionless. And what's more they haven't really been throwing anything obvious as to why he would act this way(maybe it happened in the first episode with him not waking up his sister or something), like a past ... Or a flashback when something he does reminds him of his childhood.

I guess people just aren't questioning these things. But as of now, he's pretty much a wrench in moving the plot to a certain direction. Not sure why he's outsmarting all the Martians either.

And I'm not even gonna question the setting.

Whatever, at the moment, he's a tool; maybe he will grow into something different though.

I'm impressed with him because he shows skill at leading battles rather than just at being the biggest baddest dude who is super strong and kills his enemies in a single punch. His character has the potential to serve as a strong and capable lead without needing to devalue the other characters because his methods have so far relied on the capabilities of those other characters, and given the enemies they're facing this will no doubt continue.

And I'm not the least bit surprised he's outsmarting all the Martians. Everything that I've seen in the last four episodes indicates that Martian technology is vastly superior to Earth technology - this combined with the apparent attitude of superiority towards Earthlings leaves me not the least bit surprised that the Martians don't really bother much with tactics. They probably don't believe it necessary.

On the other hand I agree a little - it'd be nice to know more about the main character. It'd be nice to know more about all of the characters.

Well, I guess the bridge part and the random projectile were acceptable. But the fact he wasn't even shocked when the Martian princess revealed herself makes me a little... anxious? He might be plotting something bigger here, like using her somehow.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 26, 2014 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
GodlyKyon said:
parfaited said:
Needs less Inaho and more Slaine.

Yeah some lines are weird like that one were they were telling the girl that that's why she couldn't get a date.

Slaine and Cruhteo look similar. Watch them be related.

I enjoyed the ED.

Huh... Did Inaho do that to the princess? Because I would dig at a Martian PRINCESS OF AN ENTIRE RACE OF BEINGS who happens to be pretty good looking too.

Those who're questioning why Inaho did not hold the princess hostage: Think about it a bit more. Taking her hostage would antagonize the entire race of Martians EVEN MORE and cause confusion. Inaho already said "humans lack logic" basically, so there was no way he could trust her identity like that with everyone around him(esp when his friends were in a mood to massacre the Martians)

But yeah, Inaho would've served better as not the central character to add a bit of mystery to him...

The captain of the one ship said it to the captain of the other ship when she showed up late, barely in time to save everyone. I cannot fathom why anyone (except possibly someone who has actually served in combat) would complain about it because it's quite similar to dialogue I've seen in every single fictional war I've ever encountered.
Jul 26, 2014 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
GodlyKyon said:
opondica said:

I'm impressed with him because he shows skill at leading battles rather than just at being the biggest baddest dude who is super strong and kills his enemies in a single punch. His character has the potential to serve as a strong and capable lead without needing to devalue the other characters because his methods have so far relied on the capabilities of those other characters, and given the enemies they're facing this will no doubt continue.

And I'm not the least bit surprised he's outsmarting all the Martians. Everything that I've seen in the last four episodes indicates that Martian technology is vastly superior to Earth technology - this combined with the apparent attitude of superiority towards Earthlings leaves me not the least bit surprised that the Martians don't really bother much with tactics. They probably don't believe it necessary.

On the other hand I agree a little - it'd be nice to know more about the main character. It'd be nice to know more about all of the characters.

Well, I guess the bridge part and the random projectile were acceptable. But the fact he wasn't even shocked when the Martian princess revealed herself makes me a little... anxious? He might be plotting something bigger here, like using her somehow.

Based on this episode that just aired I assume he wasn't shocked because "the princess wasn't actually killed" was already a possibility he had considered. He says as much at 06:38 in the Crunchyroll video ("So that wasn't a hypothesis").
Jul 26, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
opondica said:
GodlyKyon said:

Well, the series is nowhere close to finishing, so we'll have to wait until that happens. I am not exactly sure why are people supposedly super impressed with this central character. Sure, he is much better than the beta male protagonists that are so common in ecchi-harem series out there, but the way he behaves is just ... too emotionless. And what's more they haven't really been throwing anything obvious as to why he would act this way(maybe it happened in the first episode with him not waking up his sister or something), like a past ... Or a flashback when something he does reminds him of his childhood.

I guess people just aren't questioning these things. But as of now, he's pretty much a wrench in moving the plot to a certain direction. Not sure why he's outsmarting all the Martians either.

And I'm not even gonna question the setting.

Whatever, at the moment, he's a tool; maybe he will grow into something different though.

So basically the main character looks better next to the strawman of a main character people like to make up all the time. Though I agree he doesn't devalue characters around him by his actions, but that's really only because this show doesn't have any characters I'd equate to have any noteworthy and distinguishable value so far aside from Slain. When the two of them eventually do meet and interact is when I hope the show starts to get more interesting in terms of the character dynamic. Then again it could just end up being like a certain space opera show I know where the two only meet face to face with each other once and that's the extent of their interactions then again when I think about it more I highly doubt that.
Jul 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
my heart hurts when slaine gets abused LOL
Love that OST, got aLIEz on repeat
Jul 26, 2014 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
even though urobutcher is no longer writing the script starting with episode 4 isn't he still involved with the upcoming episodes in some way?
Jul 26, 2014 8:45 PM
Jul 2012
In the show I saw, Inaho is clearly just extremely reserved, and other details the critics have failed to perceive:
4:24 Inaho smiles
5:33 Inaho surprised/raised eyebrows open mouth
5:54 Inaho "glares" at sister's insinuation of hooking up with princess
8:57 Inaho sad/cynical, perhaps from having seen people at their worst because of the whole cold war thingie, which will be told in a later episode.
the nuanced
16:05 military (adults) doing what it does best: logistics - "an army marches on its stomach" (napoleon?)
17:29 Inaho requests princess to stay, then a little more forcefully
18:35 Inaho experiments with different rounds, tactics when not effective instead of expecting everything to fall into his lap because he's special
18:54 When sauteing, heat the pan and oil before adding the food, you can tell when with the Leidenfrost Effect - a drop of water dances around and lasts a lot longer - The More You Know (also what a hot enough plasma sword would do to bullets in real life)
20:50 Inaho dryly suggests they withdraw
21:25 Inaho's (out of character) recklessness is Serious Business, foreshadowing/backstory related

Assorted Times: reasonable authority figures are seen preventing panicking ship pilot from hitting debris, being sort of busy with whole resupply and evacuation logistics and fixing engine, (13:34 marito being obviously PTSD) - Inaho&Co only temporarily equal the adults in importance (in world) when fighting the Martian Knight)

Nuanced storytelling SHOWS you details organically and requires you to fill in the (hopefully) clear connecting narrative, 2nd grade what I did over summer vacation is a laundry list of TELLING "I did this and this and this".
Some people dislike nuanced, better storytelling/heros/etc - there's plenty of homer simpson/idiot hero harem/shonen/etc genre shows - those people should kindly help themselves and the fans of this show enjoy themselves BY EACH WATCHING SHOWS THEY LIKE. The Internets is such a tsundere

I confess to not knowing enough about music to tell "similar sounding yet unique" and "similar sounding and copypasta"

TL;DR Watch the show as it is, not what you imagine it to be, or princess asseylum will shoot you in the face.
[img=http://s28.postimg.org/xxxamg1o9/Horrible_Subs_Aldnoah_Zero_04_480p_mkv_snap.jpg]
CallMeIshmaelJul 26, 2014 8:48 PM
Jul 26, 2014 8:52 PM

May 2013
"Maybe a little more to the right..." *BAM!* "Bingo."

Really like this series so far and even though it's only the 4th episode, I already start to like it more than the very cliché Captain Earth (as a mecha anime fan).
As for the main character I like him and his attitude, too. Not that I see him as extraordinary so far but all change in character is really welcome in these kinds of animes. ^^
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jul 26, 2014 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
opondica said:

So basically the main character looks better next to the strawman of a main character people like to make up all the time.

You've seen almost 360 anime and you haven't once seen a character that made you think, "this character receives too much attention. I wish they'd pay more attention to the secondary characters than they do, and less attention to this one?"

I find that hard to believe. Then again, maybe that type of character specifically appeals to you.

What do you mean by "strawman," though? Because I've always thought that a strawman referred to a hypothetical that doesn't actually exist and is more unreasonable than reality, but I'm comparing the main character to actual characters (for example, Kirito in SAO) that I've thought got more focus than they deserved at the expense of other characters. Maybe that's a matter of preference, or maybe I'm just plain wrong, but that's not comparing to a strawman, at least not by the definition I'm familiar with.
Jul 26, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode as usual. The battle was kind of cool.

kami_desu said:
However, it'd be nice if MC showed a little bit of emotion. There's a limit to how emotionless you can get.
If MC was autistic, That could somewhat explain his emotion and genius-ness.
Heck, that'd explain a lot of characters from other series too.

And it would be nice if the adults would have a larger role. But then again, its because they're kids that they have more leisure time to come up with a plan wile the adults are to busy trying to fly the machine or panicking. It was a surprise attack this episode, so its understandable if the first few pilots couldn't think straight.

He's like Mikasa v2. Yeah, wish he would have more emotion throughout instead of his overly calm personality.

Don't like the fact that kids take up too much the fighting and stuff.
Jul 26, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
kami_desu said:
However, it'd be nice if MC showed a little bit of emotion. There's a limit to how emotionless you can get.

And it would be nice if the adults would have a larger role. But then again, its because they're kids that they have more leisure time to come up with a plan wile the adults are to busy trying to fly the machine or panicking. It was a surprise attack this episode, so its understandable if the first few pilots couldn't think straight.

He's like Mikasa v2. Yeah, wish he would have more emotion throughout instead of his overly calm personality.

But Mikasa wasn't an emotionless sack of potatoes, she was some weird-ass lunatic who didn't really care about much aside from "protect Eren because he's my only family." She even had some traumatizing backstory that possibly explains why she's a little off in the head.

I'm hoping that Inaho will receive some explanation as well.
Jul 26, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2013
mayukachan said:

kami_desu said:

Hell even Mikasa is far more expressive.

CallMeIshmael said:

The rest of us only wish we had a wingman like yuki-nee.
Jul 26, 2014 9:00 PM

Apr 2013
My hopes for this anime:

1) Less recycled songs please
2) Explanation for Inaho's lack of personality
3) More involved role for the adults instead of leaving all of the asskickery to high schoolers

That is all.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 26, 2014 9:07 PM
Oct 2010
fst said:

There's no way he would buy that.

Except that's exactly what happened :|

fst said:

It's irrelevant whether or not he was in on it because he nevertheless seeks to profit from it and would prefer the princess be dead.

He is seeking profit from it now as the situation as already happened, but he seems like a loyalist and would have probably aided the princess. Nothing they have shown us so far suggests the contrary.
Jul 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
For some reason, it was cooler last week when we saw the MC's lack of expression. This week it feels annoying, like the whole princess reveal was underwhelming from his lack of reaction.
Jul 26, 2014 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
opondica said:

So basically the main character looks better next to the strawman of a main character people like to make up all the time. Though I agree he doesn't devalue characters around him by his actions, but that's really only because this show doesn't have any characters I'd equate to have any noteworthy and distinguishable value so far aside from Slain. When the two of them eventually do meet and interact is when I hope the show starts to get more interesting in terms of the character dynamic. Then again it could just end up being like a certain space opera show I know where the two only meet face to face with each other once and that's the extent of their interactions then again when I think about it more I highly doubt that.

Hmm.. Whatever, I am not gonna think too hard on this. If it's good, it is. If not, at least I got to listen to some good songs.

it would probably be confusing when they first meeting as to who's friend and foe...
Jul 26, 2014 9:27 PM
Oct 2007
migohunter said:
My hopes for this anime:

1) Less recycled songs please
2) Explanation for Inaho's lack of personality
3) More involved role for the adults instead of leaving all of the asskickery to high schoolers

That is all.

13 episodes is too short for all that, maybe a second season for that?
I don't think number 2 is too important, he is awesome that way, no need to an explanation, but I agree with number 1 and 3. I think a bad ass 'adult' is coming. I think Marito and Yuki mostly.
Jul 26, 2014 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
mayukachan said:

Hell even Mikasa is far more expressive.

CallMeIshmael said:

The rest of us only wish we had a wingman like yuki-nee.

Building emotionless characters ain't that simple son. Which is why I absolutely DECRY the Yuki Nagato clones out there, such as that new ojou-sama show coming up. "Genius emotionless silver haired loli that strips off her clothings at whims" HA. Fuck you. Emotionless characters are not some trope that you can just throw in and have it all be cool.

Same with this guy here, whom clearly had a normal life to SOME extent. He better have a good reason to be so unexpressive.

opondica said:
mayukachan said:

But Mikasa wasn't an emotionless sack of potatoes, she was some weird-ass lunatic who didn't really care about much aside from "protect Eren because he's my only family." She even had some traumatizing backstory that possibly explains why she's a little off in the head.

I'm hoping that Inaho will receive some explanation as well.

Traumatizing exprience was actually pretty good too.

opondica said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

So basically the main character looks better next to the strawman of a main character people like to make up all the time.

You've seen almost 360 anime and you haven't once seen a character that made you think, "this character receives too much attention. I wish they'd pay more attention to the secondary characters than they do, and less attention to this one?"

I find that hard to believe. Then again, maybe that type of character specifically appeals to you.

What do you mean by "strawman," though? Because I've always thought that a strawman referred to a hypothetical that doesn't actually exist and is more unreasonable than reality, but I'm comparing the main character to actual characters (for example, Kirito in SAO) that I've thought got more focus than they deserved at the expense of other characters. Maybe that's a matter of preference, or maybe I'm just plain wrong, but that's not comparing to a strawman, at least not by the definition I'm familiar with.

Strawman as in he's whatever the writer wants him to be.
Jul 26, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
So Slaine's going to find out about the conspiracy by himself? Going to be tough. Cruhteo seems loyal to the princess but who knows really so kudos to Slaine for not trusting anyone. I have to wonder who the leader of the security detail is whom the princess's aide spoke of. Is it the Count or is it someone else?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 26, 2014 9:39 PM
Mar 2013
That was an incredibly boring episode.
Jul 26, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2012
GodlyKyon said:

opondica said:

Nope, I'm still confused. Sorry, it's late where I am.
Jul 26, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2011
opondica said:
GodlyKyon said:

It means that that character is created simply out of the writer's convenience. It doesn't matter if he has emotion, logic, or motivation or anything like that; the writers can just ignore that. They can also ignore what he's good at and what he's bad at, since they won't give him a past that would make that valid; or they can simply make him good at anything.

When the plot requires that he come up with a nigh-impossible plan, the writers will give him the ability. Such as when they're overcame by an enemy, the character with no past can find a way to defeat/escape with no problem. When the enemy is someone he likes? No problem, if the plot requires it, they will let him beat the guy with no strings tied.
Jul 26, 2014 9:52 PM

May 2013
I wonder just how many tracks of music in the soundtrack

Jul 26, 2014 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
xchee said:
So Slaine's going to find out about the conspiracy by himself? Going to be tough.

Well, the alternatives are to do a Suzaku or go full Lelouch. Although I guess he already killed Trillram so he can't really do a Suzaku anymore.
Jul 26, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Interesting seeing Slaine lie about Trillram and not tell Cruhteo that the princess is still alive. A big of a dick as Cruhteo is, it seems like the guy Trillram worked for is the suspicious one, not him.

That ED. Everyone was changing their pants after that batch of fucking awesome. Tbh my favorite ED of the season still goes to Tokyo ESP, but damn this is pretty much tied now.
Jul 26, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
xchee said:
So Slaine's going to find out about the conspiracy by himself? Going to be tough.

Well, the alternatives are to do a Suzaku or go full Lelouch. Although I guess he already killed Trillram so he can't really do a Suzaku anymore.

What? You mean to be obedient or to completely rebel? The easiest way to find out is to meet up with the MC.
Jul 26, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
GodlyKyon said:
opondica said:

It means that that character is created simply out of the writer's convenience. It doesn't matter if he has emotion, logic, or motivation or anything like that; the writers can just ignore that. They can also ignore what he's good at and what he's bad at, since they won't give him a past that would make that valid; or they can simply make him good at anything.

When the plot requires that he come up with a nigh-impossible plan, the writers will give him the ability. Such as when they're overcame by an enemy, the character with no past can find a way to defeat/escape with no problem. When the enemy is someone he likes? No problem, if the plot requires it, they will let him beat the guy with no strings tied.

Ah, okay. That makes perfect sense. I have never, ever heard the word 'strawman' used in that way, and I wildly misinterpreted what Kaioshin_Sama said as a result.
Jul 26, 2014 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
opondica said:
GodlyKyon said:

Ah, okay. That makes perfect sense. I have never, ever heard the word 'strawman' used in that way, and I wildly misinterpreted what Kaioshin_Sama said as a result.

It took a bit of working around but I got it since straw man is something convenient for me.

Also, emotionless characters are HARD to be good! They need a non bullshit reason
Jul 26, 2014 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
Wait I don't understand... so the martian people were never told that the princess wasn't really dead? wtf is going on anymore in this show. There's not very much explanation to anything.

Got that?
Jul 26, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm well Slaine got slapped again, I wonder how many times we are going to see that :O. Inaho seems to be emotionless, but clever enough to beat the enemy while the "experienced" soldiers were fixing the ship..
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 26, 2014 11:05 PM
Jul 2014
The soundtrack in this anime kicks ass! Action was amazing and I'm looking forward to more of this show!
I really wish Inaho had more personality though, that's my only complaint at the moment.
Jul 26, 2014 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
I like how the haters come back every episode to the anime they don't like.

The only logical reason for this is that they actually like it ;)

Great ep as always.
Jul 26, 2014 11:29 PM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:
I like how the haters come back every episode to the anime they don't like.

The only logical reason for this is that they actually like it ;)

Great ep as always.
that's what makes this discussion fun you know people arguing
Jul 26, 2014 11:33 PM

Oct 2013
This was a good episode I'm liking this anime, also the ost sounds like attack on titan ost. I like it.
Jul 26, 2014 11:38 PM
May 2014
Anyone knows a release date for the soundtrack, every episode it becomes more epic... Sawano always doing a good job!

That ending song.
Jul 26, 2014 11:50 PM
Jul 2014
CallMeIshmael said:
In the show I saw, Inaho is clearly just extremely reserved, and other details the critics have failed to perceive:
4:24 Inaho smiles
5:33 Inaho surprised/raised eyebrows open mouth
8:57 Inaho sad/cynical, perhaps from having seen people at their worst because of the whole cold war thingie, which will be told in a later episode.
the nuanced
16:05 military (adults) doing what it does best: logistics - "an army marches on its stomach" (napoleon?)
17:29 Inaho requests princess to stay, then a little more forcefully
18:35 Inaho experiments with different rounds, tactics when not effective instead of expecting everything to fall into his lap because he's special
18:54 When sauteing, heat the pan and oil before adding the food, you can tell when with the Leidenfrost Effect - a drop of water dances around and lasts a lot longer - The More You Know (also what a hot enough plasma sword would do to bullets in real life)
20:50 Inaho dryly suggests they withdraw
21:25 Inaho's (out of character) recklessness is Serious Business, foreshadowing/backstory related

Assorted Times: reasonable authority figures are seen preventing panicking ship pilot from hitting debris, being sort of busy with whole resupply and evacuation logistics and fixing engine, (13:34 marito being obviously PTSD) - Inaho&Co only temporarily equal the adults in importance (in world) when fighting the Martian Knight)

Nuanced storytelling SHOWS you details organically and requires you to fill in the (hopefully) clear connecting narrative, 2nd grade what I did over summer vacation is a laundry list of TELLING "I did this and this and this".
Some people dislike nuanced, better storytelling/heros/etc - there's plenty of homer simpson/idiot hero harem/shonen/etc genre shows - those people should kindly help themselves and the fans of this show enjoy themselves BY EACH WATCHING SHOWS THEY LIKE. The Internets is such a tsundere

I confess to not knowing enough about music to tell "similar sounding yet unique" and "similar sounding and copypasta"

TL;DR Watch the show as it is, not what you imagine it to be, or princess asseylum will shoot you in the face.
[img=http://s28.postimg.org/xxxamg1o9/Horrible_Subs_Aldnoah_Zero_04_480p_mkv_snap.jpg]

I love this post, you basically have said everything I wanted to say. That is the prime example of a reedit post, it is saddening that no one seems to be looking at this post, because it contains a large amount of common sense, but alas *shrugs* people will be people.Just observing the comments on this thread show that the majority of people are criticizing this anime based on the subjective fact that it's not the way they like their 'ideals' of mecha animes to be, whether it fits the mold of gundam to stargazer, however some people have made some very good points. I guess the anime got what was coming, when they said it would surpass gundam, because at that moment fanboys across the world strapped on their internet warrior helmets and took the battlefield. It's interesting to see the SAME collection of people who just come to complain about the same thing over and over and over again. I'm not saying this show is perfect or it is the messiah of anime, but when the same group of people come back again and again and again to just complain, it raises the question, 'why watch the anime then?' The answer is that they just want to 'decrease' the amount of popularity this anime has or ruin the fun for the people that actually like this show. There's a very fine line between being critical and overtly obsessed with pointing out the negatives. For example, I don't like the 'big three' anime, but you don't see me on EVERY naruto episode complaining, because I feel that the fans who DO like the show should be able to enjoy it. Where do people get off feeling that they should reduce the enjoyment for other people or say that because they like a certain show they are 'less' in their understanding/interpretation/'fandom level' of anime. But alas I digress..as others have noted it fun just to watch people argue over things on this thread. But when I saw your post I just could not resist posting a response on how good your post was.

TL;DR: There's a fine line between constructive feedback and just complaining for the sake of complaining because something is popular. Just relax.

CynicofSinopeJul 27, 2014 1:59 AM
If you have strong blood put into needle and inject into someone else and you will be able to control them.
Jul 27, 2014 12:43 AM

Feb 2014
Slaine is clearly the most interesting character in this anime.
Jul 27, 2014 1:02 AM

May 2014
keragamming said:
This was a good episode I'm liking this anime, also the ost sounds like attack on titan ost. I like it.

Hiroyuki sawano did both OST's thats why :D Aldnoahs is supposed to be released officially in september I believe.
Jul 27, 2014 2:09 AM

Sep 2008
In the sea of average this show is, Inaho is certainly a welcome sight.

He's fighting with inferior mecha, yet he's using simple but effective strategies.

I am really glad his plans don't involve 10 elements of luck, 20 elements of surprise and 50 elements of impossible to do. He uses what he has at his disposal and uses it in a simple manner.
Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 27, 2014 2:18 AM
Aug 2011
Looks like Inaho is acknowledging he's doing things out of character for a certain princess (heck he's even got the shipping support from his sister). Anyone predict Inaho x princess pairing?
Jul 27, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
The technology disparity & the science in this show is all over the place. The humans here are capable of cybernetic technology and can even create functioning giant ass robots, you'd think we'd have invented better weapons too instead of normal bullets. It still bugged me how the humans survived the previous war yet didn't seem to take into account the difference in technology or used their previous experience battling against the Vers in the current war. I'd assumed they'd have anticipated communication jamming and create more land lines. They just seemed ill-prepared for a group of people who had survived annihilation by superior race.

There's also the part where the Vers mech simply repelled hundreds of bullets coming from 3 machine guns. Granted it was supposedly a laser sword but how is it possible to repel that many bullets with slow motion swings like that? I didn't expect this to stoop down to SAO's level of bullshit so fast. It also seemed the Vers don't really value projectile weapons, that was just.... really damn stupid.

The princess' security detail was also persistent enough to force her to use a double yet didn't bother to assign more personal guards to her aside from a hapless little girl. How did she even ended up outside anyway?
MoeGodJul 27, 2014 2:25 AM
Jul 27, 2014 2:21 AM

Jan 2013
People can say whatever they want, but picking Arge as a counterexample... I cannot help sighing deeply.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 27, 2014 2:22 AM

May 2013
Sawano's music is really catchy huh?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 27, 2014 2:47 AM

Jun 2014
Once upon a time in the Vers Kingdom.

Scientist A: Finally we've created an awesome laser technology!!

Engineer A: Great! Let's create an awesome laser gun and use it for our mechs.

Vers general: A gun? who the fuck uses such unrefined technology? give me swords damn it!

Scientist B: But my lord, guns are far more effective, has greater range, and more destructive than a sword.

Vers general: I don't care, damn it! I don't like guns, okay? just give me giant ass bulky arms so I can destroy like a gorilla! Oh btw have you seen the terran's movie called Star Wars? it's so damn cool, I want a lightsaber like those too!

Engineer B: but, but...

Vers general: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Oppai is love, oppai is life
Jul 27, 2014 3:13 AM

May 2012
DawnJ said:
People can say whatever they want, but picking Arge as a counterexample... I cannot help sighing deeply.

I thought sidonia had more haters....I guess i was wrong
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 27, 2014 4:46 AM

Oct 2008
This is like Code Geass - only better.
Jul 27, 2014 5:05 AM

Dec 2009
Too many haters. That is why I don't bother talking things here.
Just because a show isn't how you imagine it to be doesn't mean it's not good.
Go make your own show and watch it yourself.

YurikoRaine said:

How about no.. Not in a million years.
Jul 27, 2014 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
YurikoRaine said:

Why, because some people are so imaginative that they can see Suzaku in Slaine?
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 27, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
I would like some romance :)
Jul 27, 2014 5:59 AM

Sep 2011
YurikoRaine said:

It's not like it at all bar the empire vs rebel theme. Also, it is also nowhere close to it being as good.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.