Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
Action was boring and a bit awkward. The music was reused from the huge bomb sequence of episode 1, but all that was happening was a guy swinging his laser sword around blocking bullets over and over. The movements were very slow and not exciting. Oh well, not like I expected any different.

Slaine continues to be the only character with personality so far, even then he's starting not to make sense. While I would have preferred him to stay on the side of the villains because they honestly need a good guy to balance out just how absolutely cartoony evil they are. It's starting to not even make sense why Slaine is staying. It seems like his whole purpose for living is the princess, and now the evil folk want to kill her, so why doesn't he go help her? Maybe he will Idunno.

The character dialogue is... awkward sometimes... Like when people are dying because of the new enemy and they are all suddenly happy, "WE'RE FRIENDS I GOT YO BACK :D" ... Dude, there are people dying around you, explosions, terror, I don't think this is the right time to be smiling, just get your head in the game.

And of course as I predicted from episode 2, the main character Inaho is just going to solve all problems with his genius intellect regardless of how hopeless the situation seems even if he doesn't have any time to actually make a plan, somehow being far more competent than the people who had far more years of training. *Claps* Is there even actually a point to these kids being well.. Kids? Couldn't they have just as easily wrote them as adults? Oh right, cause they are targeting to teenagers so they can get better invested. gimme a break. KIDS RULE ADULTS DROOL.

This episode didn't bother me as much as the previous ones because I finally accept it for what it is. 1 dimension bad guys vs 1 dimension good guys in mecha battles to save the world. Won't be dropping cause it's 1-cour.

What about the good of the episode? Is there any? I mean there are things that aren't BAD, but all I can really say is the music sorta made the slow boring action sequences tolerable.

Also, Inaho not having some super powered mecha doesn't make the show good people, it's still a teenager outsmarting people who clearly have far more years of experience. Only in this case because he doesn't have some super powered mecha it just makes it less believable that he can somehow win. *Claps* I think I'll only comment in the future episodes if I feel there is anything of note because I am pretty sure it's just going to be mostly the same thing every episode with minor details changed.
Jul 26, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2014
HUMANITY FIGHTS BACK AGAIN!! for me the best anime this season, OST is EPIC
Jul 26, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
MadLane said:

Humanity fights back... against humanity.

That's literally been going on for thousands of years. Hell it's going on right now, just turn on the news and you'll see it.
Jul 26, 2014 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
So as soon as urobuchi stop being the writter they add fucking comedy? sigh...

It could be worse, but it was already a decline from previous episodes.
Jul 26, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good,though cheesy it might have been. And was.
Jul 26, 2014 1:54 PM

Oct 2007
rinstincts said:
Oh my god. I love Aldnoah's ED song. I'm getting sick of the main OST. It was cool for the first episode, but I'm just not getting the same feeling anymore.

I liked how Inaho stepped in for Princess Asselyum. They can't just rely on the princess to cause a distraction.

If I'm correct there are 4 major factions in the anime right? Terrans, Orbital Kingdoms, Mars Kingdom and the Vers?

I'm pretty sure it's actually just a different cut and remix of the same insert song the shows used 3 times already in show.

Vanisher said:
So as soon as urobuchi stop being the writter they add fucking comedy? sigh...

It could be worse, but it was already a decline from previous episodes.

It's more like the show takes itself slightly less deathly seriously and drops a portion of the pretense it had in the first 3 episodes, but not by much.

@Keten: Yeah it's not bad, but I feel the same way that there's just not going to be a whole lot to say for the next little stretch. The show really just plays itself out like the typical "epic" Aniplex produced blockbuster they try to do every season only this time it just happens to be a mecha/sci-fi show which is right up my alley. It's like they really want the soundtrack to be the star of the show, especially this week now that Urobuchi is off the script writing position, but again can't say I'm terribly surprised at that considering he's probably next on the depth chart of hype staffers since realistically Ei Aoki doesn't have all that many big titles to his name aside from Fate/Zero.

I find it kind of funny that people seem down on the princess this week since they didn't give her anything cool looking to do like use CQC or shoot a smoke bomb launcher. I wonder if the producers see that in Japan as well and depending on how far into production the show is and whether the reaction is the same over there give her at least something cool looking to do from every episode from now on.
PeacingOutJul 26, 2014 2:04 PM
Jul 26, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
This anime is disappointing me. It had a 'interesting' premise shown in the first episode, but from there, it's been downhill (though it's not fair to make such a quick judgement about a what seems to be a eventual 2-cour show.)

So far, the characters are all rather 2d.
I was hoping for a rare show where one of the protagonists is on the 'other' side, giving depth to a otherwise overdone Alien Invasion trope in Anime. This has come true in part.
There is indeed a main character with the Martians, but he is simply just a captive/brainwashed 'Terran' who seems to be quickly making a 'Heel-Face Turn' from the Martian side.

The princess seems to be just your average pacifist Royal Family Chekov's gun that will be propped on the throne after the 'Bad Royals' are defeated. I groaned when she revealed her identity to a stranger (our protag) right after she gave a fake name. Considering this was lauded as a realistic mecha show, I was expecting her to be taken hostage immediately to end the war seeing as hundreds of millions of people are dying, but nope; she is left alone by our 'selfless genius' of a protagonist.

I had hopes for the blonde Count guy, but as of this episode, he quickly turned (it seems) into yet another plastic antagonist.

Really, I expected more realism from a show penned in part by Uro Gen.
-----
I am a bit curious at the people who are confused/frustrated at why the majority of viewers and pollsters are in love with this show based on this thread.
Seeing as if you check the score from before this episode aired and now, it plummeted from 8.23 to 7.94.
Jul 26, 2014 1:58 PM
Apr 2013
fst said:
MadLane said:

That's literally been going on for thousands of years. Hell it's going on right now, just turn on the news and you'll see it.

Fucking humans, ay?

Jul 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
Orvieto said:
The princess seems to be just your average pacifist Royal Family Chekov's gun that will be propped on the throne after the 'Bad Royals' are defeated.

She's a pacifist with a grenade launcher. Ok she was only firing smoke shells, but still.

Orvieto said:
Considering this was lauded as a realistic mecha show...

Where'd you hear that?

Orvieto said:
... I was expecting her to be taken hostage immediately to end the war seeing as hundreds of millions of people are dying, but nope; she is left alone by our 'selfless genius' of a protagonist.

They're taking her to a place with proper comms so they can use her to end the war. They just haven't locked her up and formally taken her hostage. But why bother? She's the one who asked to be taken to HQ so that she can end the war, so she clearly has no intention of escaping. Not that she could if she wanted to since she's on a ship surrounded by wasteland.

Putting cuffs on her and tossing her in the brig is just a needless formality.

Orvieto said:
Really, I expected more realism from a show penned in part by Uro Gen.

You're expecting realism from the guy who wrote Madoka Magika and Fate/Zero. That's your mistake.
Jul 26, 2014 2:07 PM

Feb 2012
So the trained adults just stand there helplessly and die while the rookie kids can outsmart the villain. Also the MC has the same amount of emotions as Golgo. What is this shit?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
ollythirteen said:
fst said:

Fucking humans, ay?

I think you missed a few things....

Jul 26, 2014 2:15 PM
Jan 2014
Great episode, the only problem I got with this show is that the adults/professional soldiers are being slaughter while the kids are saving the day. I'll let it pass though since I'm loving the show. Also I don't see the people from earth winning this war at all, the only hope they got is the princess somehow stopping the war.
Jul 26, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
fst said:

Where'd you hear that?

I believe it was from a statement from A-1.

They're taking her to a place with proper comms so they can use her to end the war. They just haven't locked her up and formally taken her hostage. But why bother? She's the one who asked to be taken to HQ so that she can end the war, so she clearly has no intention of escaping. Not that she could if she wanted to since she's on a ship surrounded by wasteland.

I'm saying that in real life situations, or even the live-action Alien Invasion movies, or rather any war movie, this would never pass. It's a standard of military protocol.
I know the main protag is made out to be some sort of 'stoic expressionless genius', but still. The opposing side just wiped out millions of people and the protag's home village. I would like to see some recognition of that beyond the subtext.

To be fair, I have no idea where the show is going. If the next episode deals with this issue, I will retract the complaint, but as of now, I am disatisfied.

You're expecting realism from the guy who wrote Madoka Magika and Fate/Zero. That's your mistake.

Realism in a uncontrived sense. Realism as in it fits with the setting and premise of the show.
Jul 26, 2014 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
This anime so far is one of the best of the summer in my opinion.
The second half was so good.
The OST reminds me of AoT
Jul 26, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2008
Orvieto said:
fst said:

Where'd you hear that?

I believe it was from a statement from A-1.

I'm saying that in real life situations, or even the live-action Alien Invasion movies, or rather any war movie, this would never pass. It's a standard of military protocol.
I know the main protag is made out to be some sort of 'stoic expressionless genius', but still. The opposing side just wiped out millions of people and the protag's home village. I would like to see some recognition of that beyond the subtext.

To be fair, I have no idea where the show is going. If the next episode deals with this issue, I will retract the complaint, but as of now, I am disatisfied.

Realism in a uncontrived sense. Realism as in it fits with the setting and premise of the show.

You realize that's exactly why locking her up is a bad idea? First off evne if they take her hostage, they can't even get the word out and if they do manage that will only draw members of the conspiracy to them immediately to make sure she's dead for real this time. Two if she's publicly put in irons, the already stressed civies will explode and try to do something to her. This method is the best to keep things peaceful until they get to HQ
Jul 26, 2014 2:27 PM

Apr 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
@Keten: Yeah it's not bad, but I feel the same way that there's just not going to be a whole lot to say for the next little stretch.

You and me both, I'm not gonna expect anything big for the next two or even three episodes. We've entered the cliché "we're on a carrier and we gotta get back to base" arc that seems to find its way into plenty of mecha titles... so yeah. Gundam Seed managed to drag this out over 30 episodes, that's some kind of record.

I find it kind of funny that people seem down on the princess this week since they didn't give her anything cool looking to do like use CQC or shoot a smoke bomb launcher. I wonder if the producers see that in Japan as well and depending on how far into production the show is and whether the reaction is the same over there give her at least something cool looking to do from every episode from now on.

Dontcha know it's the current hot trend to demand that all main female characters be all "badass" and shit every two seconds. It's even worse in video game land.
Jul 26, 2014 2:27 PM

Mar 2013
Orvieto said:
I'm saying that in real life situations, or even the live-action Alien Invasion movies, or rather any war movie, this would never pass. It's a standard of military protocol... The opposing side just wiped out millions of people and the protag's home village. I would like to see some recognition of that beyond the subtext.

The princess isn't on the opposing side, they tried to kill her too. Also by calling his hometown a village you make him sound like some sort of country bumpkin. Besides, if it wasn't Inaho's call, she very likely would have been locked up.

Orvieto said:

Regardless of what anybody has said, it should be quite plainly obvious that Aldnoah is pretty soft sci-fi for a real robot show, so it's not that out of place.
Jul 26, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2011
I really hope they lay off with the 'over-confident villain deliberately holding back - leading to them getting defeated' trope. As soon as one of these Martian dudes gets introduced and starts bragging about their awesome technology (with, by the way, remote cameras that lack thermal imaging - for maybe seeing through smoke or something?) you know they're going to get wrecked. It just saps the tension away.

It's a stain on an otherwise decent series. If it had some more threatening and interesting Martians characters (hopefully Slaine's character arc pays off) and more characters in general that acted more like human beings - it could be so much better. Currently though it's the show I'm enjoying the least right now.
Jul 26, 2014 2:30 PM
Aug 2011
Needs less Inaho and more Slaine.

Keten said:
The character dialogue is... awkward sometimes... Like when people are dying because of the new enemy and they are all suddenly happy, "WE'RE FRIENDS I GOT YO BACK :D" ... Dude, there are people dying around you, explosions, terror, I don't think this is the right time to be smiling, just get your head in the game.

Yeah some lines are weird like that one were they were telling the girl that that's why she couldn't get a date.

Slaine and Cruhteo look similar. Watch them be related.

I enjoyed the ED.
Jul 26, 2014 2:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Princess Asseylum just revealed her true identity and Inaho wasn't even surprised in the least! How cool-blooded can you be?! XD
I wonder who is the Martian spy among the Terrans.. For a second, I thought it might be Rayet but probably not.

Martian technologies continues to be superior. But I think they're underestimating the Earthlings quite a bit, since they only come solo when fighting against them.

Loved the battle scene. Inaho is such boss! That teamwork was superb!
Inko going for the second round and failing was pretty funny: "Desuyone." XD

Not sure why Slaine went back to the Martians. He probably has a plan though, knowing he's already aware that Asseylum is alive.

Awesome episode! OSTs were great as usual, especially the insert song during the battle scenes!

Jul 26, 2014 2:35 PM
Jan 2014
parfaited said:
Needs less Inaho and more Slaine.

Keten said:

Yeah some lines are weird like that one were they were telling the girl that that's why she couldn't get a date.

Slaine and Cruhteo look similar. Watch them be related.

I enjoyed the ED.

Yea they definitely need to show more of slaine. I have completely lost interest on Inaho and his friends.
Jul 26, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2012
EPIC MUSIC! BEAUTIFUL ANIMATION!
PEW PEW PEW GIANT ROBOTS AND FIGHTS AND BLAAAAAAH
Also bleak characters everywhere and a meh story. BUT SAWANO'S MUSIC AND PEW PEW PEW!!!! KATANAS!!!!
That's it for now.
Jul 26, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
In what way was that even a katana?
Jul 26, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:

Does that really matter? This episode had way bigger problems than that.
Jul 26, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2010
ZacksFair said:
EPIC MUSIC! BEAUTIFUL ANIMATION!
PEW PEW PEW GIANT ROBOTS AND FIGHTS AND BLAAAAAAH
Also bleak characters everywhere and a meh story. BUT SAWANO'S MUSIC AND PEW PEW PEW!!!! KATANAS!!!!
That's it for now.

You just explained how Modern Warfare 2 kick-started the entire "Modern Military Shooter" genre.

Except replace "giant robots" with "EVIL RUSSIANS", "SAWANO" with "HANS ZIMMER", and "KATANAS!" with "TACTICAL KNIVES!"

God I love Modern Warfare 2. Best FPS campaign ever.
Jul 26, 2014 2:52 PM
Jan 2014
fst said:
Chabe said:

Lmao that's true, the story is heading in a bad direction with the kids saving the day. Hopefully that will change with the upcoming episodes.
Jul 26, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
Chabe said:

Well it does matter to me, just seems retarded to call it a katana when it looks nothing like one. I know the ep has bigger problems, i'm not going to list them every post.
Jul 26, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
fst said:

Well it does matter to me

You need to loosen your panties a bit.
Jul 26, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
Chabe said:

Well it does matter to me

Why? It's just something that annoys me.
Jul 26, 2014 3:01 PM

Dec 2013
This anime is just a complete headache. Inaho is the toe of guy where you could probably sh**on his foot and he'll be alright with it. I don't mind stoic characters, but he's as cold as a brick.

Although I've watched all the episodes, I truly don't even understand it. Did Inaho receive training to work a mecha? Why is it that he's so overpowered and no reason has been given as to why.

Slaines alright, but I have no care for the rest of the characters, whom have had no real development.

In all, this show is just a big yawn.
Jul 26, 2014 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
The fight was pretty good in this one. Humanity fought back the Martians.
Jul 26, 2014 3:05 PM
Feb 2014
Chabe said:
fst said:

Why? It's just something that annoys me.

Can I just say I was also a bit annoyed by that too... the soldiers even changed their mind to call it a katana... -_-...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 26, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
New ED was fantastic.
Jul 26, 2014 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
fst said:

The princess isn't on the opposing side, they tried to kill her too.

We know that from being 3rd person, but does the protagonists know that?
What reason do they have to 'trust' the princess so openly? Seeing as the Martians have cloaking devices and are shown they know how to use doubles, what's stopping a cloaked Martian from cloaking themselves as the princess, or really any high ranking authority/diplomat, and once led to the HQ broadcasts the coordinates for a direct Martian assault on the Terran leadership?
Terrible lack of oversight, considerably more so with the current situation. Even more so seeing as the protag is make out to be some emotionless genius military pilot who should know better from protocol and training.

Regardless of what anybody has said, it should be quite plainly obvious that Aldnoah is pretty soft sci-fi for a real robot show, so it's not that out of place.

Being 'soft'=/= being realistic in the characterizations.
Jul 26, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2010
I don't find Inaho bland at all he got skills,brains and is not playing around with enemies or is trying to be a hero.
Jul 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2013
Vexper said:
Eh, pretty bad episode.

Recycled pretty much the exact same scene from episode 2 with the exact same singing insert when the mechs got annihilated with ease. Getting boring, literally nothing happened here besides showcasing that the properly trained adults are worthless and the trainee boy genius is going to solve 99% of the conflicts in this series. Plot induced stupidity on the antagonists is so overbearing that it's hard to get the 'helpless' feeling they're trying to sell. Against trained adults? Rushes in and cuts them down like ants. Against high schooler in a trainer mech? Stand still, let him test out different strategies and formulate a plan, don't follow through on strikes, FORGET HE HAS ANOTHER ARM WHEN HE HAS ENEMY WEAPON WITHIN HIS GRASP. Holy fuck I hate antagonists who get bent over to keep plot going. What little plot there was in this episode anyway...

Are you sure that inaho could only deal with 99% of their problems, i just perceived it as 100% the way it's going. Still, your completely right, recycled writing in its finest
Jul 26, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2012
Orvieto said:
What reason do they have to 'trust' the princess so openly? Seeing as the Martians have cloaking devices and are shown they know how to use doubles, what's stopping a cloaked Martian from cloaking themselves as the princess, or really any high ranking authority/diplomat, and once led to the HQ broadcasts the coordinates for a direct Martian assault on the Terran leadership?
Terrible lack of oversight, considerably more so with the current situation. Even more so seeing as the protag is make out to be some emotionless genius military pilot who should know better from protocol and training.

MC-kun trusts her because he is so genius that he already knows the plot. That's also why he is so emotionless, since there isn't anything exciting about it.
Jul 26, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2013
LambdaDeltaGamma said:
I really hope they lay off with the 'over-confident villain deliberately holding back - leading to them getting defeated' trope. As soon as one of these Martian dudes gets introduced and starts bragging about their awesome technology (with, by the way, remote cameras that lack thermal imaging - for maybe seeing through smoke or something?) you know they're going to get wrecked. It just saps the tension away.

Probably Multi-spectral smoke screen which blocks thermal and night vision.

Why wouldn't this one still be over-confident none of them have been defeated yet, they see earth mechs as nothing but bugs on a windscreen.

Jul 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
Orvieto said:
Considering this was lauded as a realistic mecha show, I was expecting her to be taken hostage immediately to end the war seeing as hundreds of millions of people are dying, but nope; she is left alone by our 'selfless genius' of a protagonist.

Never ever take anything A-1 or it's parent company Aniplex insists at face value since they've pretty much been caught red handed drinking their own kool-aid instead of serving it up properly before all is said and done more than a few times in recent years. I know people think I'm being a hater or whatever here but they really do have a consistent track record of being full of shit and over-promising and under-delivering to a noteworthy extent; pretty much saying or doing anything that they think will draw more attention to the show. Salesmanship basically. This is how we get things like Ei Aoki's tendency towards slow and kind gritty workmanlike direction (we basically get this episodes equivalent of the fight in Fate/Zero between Saber and Berserker in the shipyard this week) clashing horribly with Sawano's bombastic musical score. These people aren't her because they necessarily work well together, they're here because the producers know these are all individuals that are at the absolute peak of their popularity at the moment and they need that if they're going to get the best possible hard start on an original anime in a genre that nobody involved has ever really worked on before.

As another example of the big promises, before this show aired the President of A-1 Masuo Ueda did an interview last summer where he said they had expectations for this show to surpass Gundam as a cultural milestone. I doubt that means a whole lot to people here, but for me it just kind of comes across as arrogant and I don't know how exactly they expect the show to live up to that expectation at this juncture.

jdbe said:
This anime is just a complete headache. Inaho is the toe of guy where you could probably sh**on his foot and he'll be alright with it. I don't mind stoic characters, but he's as cold as a brick.

Although I've watched all the episodes, I truly don't even understand it. Did Inaho receive training to work a mecha? Why is it that he's so overpowered and no reason has been given as to why.

Slaines alright, but I have no care for the rest of the characters, whom have had no real development.

In all, this show is just a big yawn.

Inaho and his friends are stated as having received some military training in their school in the first episode. Why he's apparently so good at tactics and piloting he's able to go one on one with a guy that is supposed to be a veteran in a vastly superior mech I have absolutely no idea though. I guess it's just cause he's the main character and he has to be able to for now, but it'd be nice if there's a twist where it turns out they thought that through a little more other than because it's cool and hype.

And yeah Slaine is pretty much the only well written character in this show and the most popular in Japan right now too which is kind of funny and possibly unintended since this is a Gen Urobuchi story concept and he's the emotional and human feeling one so I doubt he's ever able to shine ahead of the robotic and cold calculating Inaho who is pretty much directly in line with Gen Urobuchi's preferred...I don't want to say Hero type because I don't think he believes in heroism....so I'll just say focus character.

It is funny though the pretty stark difference between how some people think he's just the absolute coolest character and those who feel he's just kind of bland, one-dimensional and all but enabled by the gears of the plot turning over just at the exact right times for him. I guess it depends on whether your just in this show for stuff that looks cool (which with each passing week it feels more and more like how show plans to operate) or something a little more complex and evolving.
PeacingOutJul 26, 2014 3:42 PM
Jul 26, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
well the episode was awesome as usual... however i'm getting a bit sick of them coming up with invincible enemy kataphrakts that wreck dozens of earth people and then inaho beats them with his "ideas" that only work because fuck logic, and the super alien kataphrakt that wrecked 10 trained soldiers 5 minutes before, isn't strong enough to stop them from holding his arm and kill them all
i just hope they don't keep doing this
Jul 26, 2014 3:36 PM
Apr 2013
Hopefully the military starts to step up a tad and not let Inaho do it all. I was fine with the first time he won but this one was a tad more silly by holding the arm and all. But the Fire song is great.
Jul 26, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2011
Very good episode again i really enjoyed this show so far. The MC has really shown how fearless he can be.
Jul 26, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
One of the good animes this season :)
Jul 26, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
retepeters said:
well the episode was awesome as usual... however i'm getting a bit sick of them coming up with invincible enemy kataphrakts that wreck dozens of earth people and then inaho beats them with his "ideas" that only work because fuck logic, and the super alien kataphrakt that wrecked 10 trained soldiers 5 minutes before, isn't strong enough to stop them from holding his arm and kill them all
i just hope they don't keep doing this

They likely will, it's not surprising in the least they'd use the "We're more powerful then you, so we'll wreck everything in our path, only to be taken out by the MC because of an idiotic mis-calculation from our ego", or something like that.

Overall, this has been meh. Much like SAO2, everything so far has been overly predictable, maybe other than Slaine, who has been a breath of fresh air in all of this. However, I expect him to join the Earth later, probably with Inaho, which wouldn't be the least surprising.

Inaho also needs to show more emotion. It's actually kind of annoying now more then anything. A little emotion never hurt.
Nop.
Jul 26, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
I'm really intrigued to see what will happen next to Slaine especially.
Some parts of it are obvious, though. And yes, Inaho IS fearless.xd
Jul 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2007
FestinaLente said:

Probably get caned in the face more and told to know his place. Also I don't really see how Inaho is fearless, he's literally just a blank slate playing out a role still at this point with no character or personality. He seemingly greets every situation his life puts him in with the same bland expression and bland monotonous intonation whenever he has to interact with anyone be it just talking with his sister while making breakfast or engaging in a duel with a Vers Knight. You could literally attach any emotional state or mindset to him at any given point at this rate if you wanted to since they've written him to have that whole mysterious guy aura about him and again he is just kind a completely blank slate for the fans to interpret however they want.
Jul 26, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Nice episode.
Jul 26, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
Another great episode, and wow that ED! Need it now>.<

The soundtrack is an eargasm.
uBlinkedJul 26, 2014 4:09 PM
Jul 26, 2014 3:59 PM

Nov 2013
The music in this episode was awesome again. New ending song is great too.

It looks like the plot of this show will be mostly driven by the misunderstanding regarding the princess and the conspiracy to wipe out Earth as a result. I hope they don't take the whole show to communicate this vital piece of information (that the princess is alive) to the right people (that aren't in the conspiracy), and have to go through many more battles and deaths in the process, only to have Mars discover the truth in the last episode and back off. That would be the unfortunately predictable route. If things got more complicated than that, it would be awesome.
Jul 26, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
FestinaLente said:

Inaho can be marked as fearless, but he's really not. He has no character to him. It's like a soulless husk walking around, unable to take in any form of emotion being amplified from other characters interacting with him. As above poster said, he can be anything really depending on how you want to interpret it because of how bland he is.

Like I said, a little emotion would hardly hurt. I feel like they're trying to make him seem like he's humbly overconfident, if that makes any sense at all.
Nop.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.