Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
Lrae said:
If you died in SAO you would die irl too so its not that unfamiliar with GGO now. Except that you gotta get hit by a certain man.
And apparently the new nervegear isn't 100% safe
Again, that is the nerve gear being a microwave not SAO being deadly.
And again, if you paid attention during episode 1 they explained in great detail why the new nerve gear is 100% safe.

And if you paid attention to prev eps, forgot his name (the guy getting Kirito to play GGO) said that they don't know if it's through nervegear or not. So we can't really say anything about the new nervegears being 100% safe.
Jul 26, 2014 2:14 PM
Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
LastChapter said:
It's because it's not a NerveGear anymore that was designed by Kayaba Akihiko, but an Amusphere designed by RECTO and tested to be safe. If you punch someone while they are diving, security features would immediately log them out of VR.

Description:
Okay. One more question: was Sugou able to fuck around with people using the AmuSphere in ALO?
No, the people he captured were SAO survivors so they were still hooked to the outdated NerveGears. His company also obtained rights to SAO so that's why he was able to get away with it for so long.

Oct 2012
Why are so many people complaining about the pacing? One of the biggest problems in the first season was the pacing and I think that so far the pacing has been pretty good if maybe just a bit too slow but I think its pretty forgivable.

We finally have gotten Trap Kirito, that's all I need for now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
LastChapter said:
It's because it's not a NerveGear anymore that was designed by Kayaba Akihiko, but an Amusphere designed by RECTO and tested to be safe. If you punch someone while they are diving, security features would immediately log them out of VR.

Description:
Okay. One more question: was Sugou able to fuck around with people using the AmuSphere in ALO?

He couldn't do anything to people with the AmuSphere. His only power was within the game as Royal Grand Administrator of Being a Douchenozzle.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 26, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
That NPC's English lines were hilarious, just so southern. I couldn't stop giggling this whole episode because of how predictable some parts ended up being. Who didn't expect Kirito to beat the gambling game on his first try or random guys to hit on him. And him casually hiding where his familiarity with swords came from.
Jul 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Nov 2012
Kirito's VA trying to sound like a girl is going to need some getting use to.

Still feels like not much is happening.

Kirito appears as a girl,gets harassed alittle,he met Sinon,and bought a light saber and there heading to sign up for BoB.
Jul 26, 2014 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
LastChapter said:
No, the people he captured were SAO survivors so they were still hooked to the outdated NerveGears. His company also obtained rights to SAO so that's why he was able to get away with it for so long.
Does that mean that he himself was also using a Nervgear? o_O
Sugou was using an AmuSphere, He just has OP admin rights to everything.
Jul 26, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Lrae said:
Botato said:
Again, that is the nerve gear being a microwave not SAO being deadly.
And again, if you paid attention during episode 1 they explained in great detail why the new nerve gear is 100% safe.

And if you paid attention to prev eps, forgot his name (the guy getting Kirito to play GGO) said that they don't know if it's through nervegear or not. So we can't really say anything about the new nervegears being 100% safe.
Actually we can since they have been tested and approved.
Jul 26, 2014 2:21 PM
Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
LastChapter said:
Sugou was using an AmuSphere, He just has OP admin rights to everything.
But he still got messed up after Kirito changed the "pain level" thing...
Kirito obtained admin rights from Kayaba so he must of used it so that Sugou can't automatically log out.
Jul 26, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
Lrae said:

They are actually getting Kirito in GGO to find out about these mysterious deaths happening related to GGO, which means they arent hundred percent sure that it's not through nervegear. And he actually mentioned that it might be related to nervegear aswell.
Jul 26, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
VanishingKira said:
Kirito's VA trying to sound like a girl is going to need some getting use to.

Still feels like not much is happening.

Kirito appears as a girl,gets harassed alittle,he met Sinon,and bought a light saber and there heading to sign up for BoB.

I think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Kirito's never been on GGO and its well outside his wheelhouse as far as what he is used to in games. The easiest way for him to get acclimated is for him to come across someone well-versed who would offer to help him (Sinon), a challenge that already utilizes his current skill set to better understand the rules of this game (Crazy American Cowboy Game), and allow him to equip himself with his desired weapon (lightsaber), so that he's ready for BoB which is currently in its last hour for signup.

If he had just shown up with all his gear and a ton of credits, maxed out and signing up for BoB as a complete n00b, I would have laughed in ridicule of this series, but this actually makes sense in terms of the game and what we already know about Kirito.

tl;dr - the pacing's fine, important things aimed at Kirito understanding how GGO functions are happening and he's forming a relationship with Sinon. This is how storytelling is supposed to work.
Jul 26, 2014 2:26 PM

Sep 2012
I'm really happy with this episode. We finally managed to see Kirito in GGO :D
Ah, that response to his new avatar was priceless as was his pretending to be a girl to Sinon. Made me totally laugh :D
I wonder what's his avatars name >:)
WinnDixieX3Jul 26, 2014 2:31 PM
Jul 26, 2014 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
SAO now and Star Wars. When Sinon talks about the guns I feel totally lost pff this whole gun game kills the arc for me. Kirito looks like a girl haha. That cowboy was funny as hell.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 26, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
Lrae said:
They are actually getting Kirito in GGO to find out about these mysterious deaths happening related to GGO, which means they arent hundred percent sure that it's not through nervegear. And he actually mentioned that it might be related to nervegear aswell.
But that's the thing, there's absolutely no proof that it is the cause. Kirito has no reason to believe Amusphere is killing people, but he has proof that it's safe. And the game itself causing a death is impossible.
Jul 26, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2013
Nice episode! :D

Jul 2014
Wow, the low amount of senseless haters and the higher amount of people who actually have thoughtful and critical questions and inquiries is amazing. I might cry.

Anyway, I found this episode enjoyable; Kirito pretending be a girl was so adorable! Can't say I'm surprised he won the game considering his background but him being horrible at using a gun was a pleasant surprise.

It's funny how the few haters are conveniently leaving that scene out of their complaints.
[center][/center]

Jul 2007
Lrae said:
Botato said:

Zexceed and Tarako died due to heart failure, not brain microwave. It's not NerveGear. They don't know what it is. The reason they sent Kirito in is because he has the most experience with games where people die in real life if they die in the game. If it was NerveGear, they would have known already.
Jul 26, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
Lrae said:
But that's the thing, there's absolutely no proof that it is the cause. Kirito has no reason to believe Amusphere is killing people, but he has proof that it's safe. And the game itself causing a death is impossible.

Yeah i never said the nervegear was the main reason but might be related to it. which is possible since there is no proof that it's not related
Jul 26, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2014
Wait... Is the death gun like the death note, but a gun?
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jul 26, 2014 2:33 PM
Apr 2013
I am enjoying this season a lot more then the first one. The pacing is nice and I like Kirito and the other girl way more then the melodrama and depression that they had in the first season with all the characters. Even though the girl does have her trauma it doesn't carry into the game so I don't have to deal with crying all day every day in this anime. I am enjoying it more then the first season is all I know.
Jul 26, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
This second season is turning out to be a lot better than what I was expecting. It's much better paced than the Aincrad arc and way more interesting than the AO one.
As for the episode, Kirito showing his OPness was nothing unusual but still fun. Now I'm looking forward to the tournament...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 26, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 2013
LOL, Kirito is a trap, looks like some Yuri is gonna happen between Sinon and Kirito in GGO.

Nov 2013
WinnDixieX3 said:
I'm gonna make a wild guess and say it's Kirito.

Edit: did img tags stop working again?

Edit 2: Thanks antonn.
BotatoJul 26, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
RazorRamona200 said:
LOL, Kirito is a trap, looks like some Yuri is gonna happen between Sinon and Kirito in GGO.

I don't think you understand the concept of a trap...
Jul 26, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Omg, finally some good stuff. I loved it!
It was awesome to see girl Kirito.
I wonder how long Sinon will think he's a girl?

I wonder why he uses a sword in a shooting game though.
But it's Kirito, swords are everything for him (well, everything besides Asuna).
Jul 26, 2014 2:46 PM
Jul 2014
Honestly compared to the last episode, I liked this one a lot better. The pacing dragged a bit with the gun explanations that not even Kirito was interested in but otherwise I think the episode did a good balance between Kirito not caring about GGO's meta (sure i'll buy this lightsaber nobody uses for half my money, sign me up) and him pulling off ridiculous feats due to the fact that he has actual life and death combat experience under his belt.

The only things that confused me is how he mastered the motorcycle. I suppose it probably has something to do with some backstory I'm not remembering or something.
Jul 26, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2010
Botato said:
WinnDixieX3 said:

It's the ?1 at the end of the url that imgur sometimes adds.

antonnJul 26, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 26, 2014 2:47 PM

Feb 2014
awesome episode
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Jul 26, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
Kirito stylin', gun game, but sticks with a sword, boss.
Jul 26, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2013
antonn said:
Botato said:

It's the ?1 in the link name that imgur sometimes adds.

Thank you. It is a weird addition tbh why is it added <_<
Jul 26, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
Botato said:
antonn said:

It's the ?1 in the link name that imgur sometimes adds.

Thank you. It is a weird addition tbh why is it added <_<

I unno.
Jul 26, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
GSupernova said:
Honestly compared to the last episode, I liked this one a lot better. The pacing dragged a bit with the gun explanations that not even Kirito was interested in

How could anyone not be interested in that? I was psyched up for Sinon to start explaining on the M16's history and the positives of the 5.56mm round as compared to older and larger assault rifle calibers and shut up the goddamn M16 haters/AK-47 fappers and I got real disappointed when she decided to shut up.

The only things that confused me is how he mastered the motorcycle. I suppose it probably has something to do with some backstory I'm not remembering or something.

It can't possibly have anything to do with the fact that he rides a motorcycle in real life, as shown in the first episode...
Jul 26, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
GSupernova said:
It's because he has a license and a motorcycle irl. We saw him driving it in episode 3.
Jul 26, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Kirito is liking the idea of ​​being girl...XD
Jul 26, 2014 3:03 PM
Jan 2014
who thinks that Kirito should buy a second sword and go on a total rampage?
Jul 26, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2012
SAO... I was thinking in going to sleep cuz I'm really struggling here while watching anime and then I start watching SAO and the time flies like it is nothing, fuck.

Excellent, we are going to see some action in the next episodes *-*

It's incredible how Kirito still does that action to put away his sword ahahah

Fuuu Kirito's pistol is going to be a Five Seven, I hate that pistol since my CSGO gaming days :c

Botato said:
GSupernova said:
It's because he has a license and a motorcycle irl. We saw him driving it in episode 3.

Yup and also in the Extra that aired in December.
Jul 26, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2011
Kirito the trap, lol. I like that he had to pat his own chest to make sure his avatar didn't actually switch genders. Speaking of, how did Sinon not notice that Kirito's a guy when she had her arms wrapped around him on the buggy? Maybe she just figures Kirito's an unusually flat-chested girl. Won't she be surprised :P

As soon as they showed the 'Untouchable!' game, I knew Kirito would manage it on his very first try. Because he's Kirito, and he used to have dodge shit like this in order to actually stay alive. Blank would still own his ass, though :P

Trust Kirito to bring a lightsaber to a gun fight ...
Jul 26, 2014 3:08 PM
Mar 2012
This was what I was waiting for, a myriad of Trapito fanart!
Jul 26, 2014 3:08 PM
Jan 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
Kirito the trap, lol. I like that he had to pat his own chest to make sure his avatar didn't actually switch genders. Speaking of, how did Sinon not notice that Kirito's a guy when she had her arms wrapped around him on the buggy? Maybe she just figures Kirito's an unusually flat-chested girl. Won't she be surprised :P
well, you shouldnt forget that we're talking about Japan here.
Jul 26, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
cabacc2 said:
I would love to see that but sadly he has to use a handgun to help him get close enough to even use the spanking beam saber ;_;

LastChapter said:
Ok I am disturbed...
Jul 26, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
Kirito's cheating skillz never get old... But for some reason I actually enjoyed this ep.

And this online world seems pretty cool at first glance.

Except that nothing he has shown this episode was acquired by "cheating"

The only reason he is good at dodging is because he LIVED in a death game(soloing it) where all it takes is a hit an you are dead for good. He has been dodging and running for his life for a whole year everyday, to the point that its instinctual. Because for normal players learning skills would be leisure time, for him that was matter survival.

The first season cut out scenes where its spelled out (like the fact that
), but its not rocket-science.

The moment he got to guns part he sucked completely.
Jul 26, 2014 3:16 PM
Jan 2014
Botato said:
cabacc2 said:
I would love to see that but sadly he has to use a handgun to help him get close enough to even use the spanking beam saber ;_;
But with 2 swords he could block the shots out like a pro.

Remember: Kirito is overpowered.
Jul 26, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2008
LastChapter said:

hnnngh

Awesome episode. Blows season 1 out of the fucking water.
Jul 26, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2014
LastChapter said:

xD That was quick!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2008
cabacc2 said:
Botato said:
But with 2 swords he could block the shots out like a pro.

Remember: Kirito is overpowered.

I don't think GGO allows you to pack a photon saber for a subweapon.
Jul 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2014
cabacc2 said:

oh yeah ... guns are for the weak XD
Jul 26, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
LastChapter said:
Thanks for the pictures hehe
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.