Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
deanzel said:
It has finally happened. Best girl has finally arrived.

LOL.
Jul 26, 2014 1:05 PM
Oct 2010
LastChapter said:
skudoops said:
So why was he able to drive the buggy easily?

He drives a motorcycle in real life. A Yamaha DT125R to be exact. And I'm sure there is a system assist in the game, it doesn't completely replicate real life driving.

Ah ok, I don't think they ever showed us that so it was a kinda weird scene.. any particular reason he hid that from her? Well actually if it's a plot point then don't bother with the spoiler, but if it's something A-1 just left off then w/e post it under a tag. I'm just guessing it's so she doesn't suspect he's a guy?
Jul 26, 2014 1:06 PM
Feb 2014
DGemu said:
Duri1n said:
Solid infodump episode xp...

Compared to the previous episodes of infodump, this hardly qualifies.

Were the previous episodes infodumps? I honestly didn't think they were... xp... I guess that's a good sign??
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 26, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2014
never really thought about how sinon would look while laughing, they never really said anything in the LN, but she is surprisingly cute
Jul 26, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
LastChapter said:
skudoops said:
So why was he able to drive the buggy easily?

He drives a motorcycle in real life. A Yamaha DT125R to be exact. And I'm sure there is a system assist in the game, it doesn't completely replicate real life driving.

Think about the
It is kind of weird. Meh.
"Hi!"
Jul 26, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2007
Every time i see someone complaining about "slow pace" I can't help but facepalm.

You people do realize that SAO novels are mostly characters interacting and talking than actual action, right?

So far this is very accurate to LN's unlike the previous season where they cut out most of Kirito's character development and progression.
Jul 26, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
skudoops said:
LastChapter said:

Ah ok, I don't think they ever showed us that so it was a kinda weird scene.. any particular reason he hid that from her? Well actually if it's a plot point then don't bother with the spoiler, but if it's something A-1 just left off then w/e post it under a tag. I'm just guessing it's so she doesn't suspect he's a guy?

he were driving it when went to the hospital. He doesn't want her suspect anything...there are apparently not many that drives one in their real life.
Jul 26, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2012
skudoops said:
LastChapter said:

You seem him drive his motorcycle to the hospital last episode. And hid the fact he was a guy from her because she looked hostile to men so he thought she would only help him if she thought he was a girl.
Jul 26, 2014 1:11 PM

Nov 2013
Duri1n said:
DGemu said:

Compared to the previous episodes of infodump, this hardly qualifies.

Were the previous episodes infodumps? I honestly didn't think they were... xp... I guess that's a good sign??

Nah ignore what I said. Its just me saying the previous episodes were boring in a roundabout inaccurate way.
Jul 26, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2009
hnghhhh kirito showing sinon a good time
why is kirito so cool and sinon so hnghhh
Jul 26, 2014 1:13 PM
Oct 2010
LastChapter said:

You seem him drive his motorcycle to the hospital last episode. And hid the fact he was a guy from her because she looked hostile to men so he thought she would only help him if she thought he was a girl.

Huh, maybe I have bad memory or something but I didn't remember seeing that. Also yeah I know he hid that he was a guy because of that I was wondering why he hid that he could drive a motorcycle IRL. I just assumed it was because she might get suspicious about his gender but I dunno.
Aug 2012
This episode was really funny. I laughed so hard at kirito trying to look bad ass and trying to hang his new jedi sword in his back LOL Old habits die hard.

Mar 2009
I see Kirito is channeling his inner Tatsuya.
Jul 26, 2014 1:14 PM
Mar 2012
skudoops said:
LastChapter said:

Huh, maybe I have bad memory or something but I didn't remember seeing that. Also yeah I know he hid that he was a guy because of that I was wondering why he hid that he could drive a motorcycle IRL. I just assumed it was because she might get suspicious about his gender but I dunno.
He didn't say anything about him driving a motorcycle IRL because there was no need to.
Jul 26, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
The moment in his head where he went "ohmygodohmygodshouldItellherIamaguy" was hilarious. Better than in the novels if I remember correctly.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jul 26, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
psychopath666 said:
This episode was really funny. I laughed so hard at kirito trying to look bad ass and trying to hang his new jedi sword in his back LOL Old habits die hard.

That's not "trying to be badass" that's a reflex. Kirito has been doing the same things for years in SAO.

Its why he is so fast and has these reflexes. Its instinctual for him by now. Its not something he haxxed or just acquired out of nowhere.

The movies he "shows off" is the moves he used in SAO and ALO. The exact things that were burned into his brain through pure darwinian survival in SAO's death game.

"putting your sword behind your back" is part of that instinct.
Jul 26, 2014 1:17 PM
Jul 2014
there arent many female drivers in japan so if he said that he drives a bike, she would find out that kirito is a male
Oct 2010
LastChapter said:
He didn't say anything about him driving a motorcycle IRL because there was no need to.

That is true but he seemed really dodgy about it so I figured there was a reason he wasn't fully honest.

Apr 2014
Trap Kirito activated!

Oh god that reaction when he found out about his avatar. lmao

Sinon is so cute holy crap.

Pacing is a lot better than Season 1 even though people are saying its really slow >_>

Can't wait for the BoB tournament :D
Jul 26, 2014 1:18 PM
Mar 2012
crimsonwaltz said:
there arent many female drivers in japan so if he said that he drives a bike, she would find out that kirito is a male
It's not like females in GGO don't drive buggies just for that reason.
Jul 26, 2014 1:19 PM

Sep 2010
This is quite funny to see it animated. (Although as always after reading SAO, watching it is somewhat disappointing). Also while reading you can just turn off description of Kirito and have him not being trap.
Jul 26, 2014 1:20 PM
Aug 2012
Just reading some troll and decided not to argue with those noob. Anyway

This fuckng awesome!
that avatar, how surprice he is.,a and that where he though he is a girl XD
and that sinon .
and now that trollers picking the Gamble event. are idiot? did people of you watch the sao first? He have a incredible reflexes its already explain that in anime .. (not reading novel)
go die shits, and dont even watch this anime if you dont want .
Jul 26, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2012
This one was funny, it was good to see Kirito finally in GGO.

I am looking forward for the BoB :)
Jul 26, 2014 1:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This Trap is going to launch a thousand doujinshi's, I'm calling it right now.

I don't understand why people complain about the pacing. It's building things up nice and easy. Why rush things? The first of the first season went through things too quickly IMO.

The Cowboy was actually speaking proper English. I didn't expect that!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 2014 1:25 PM
Sep 2013
putting sword at his back really becoming his habit LOL
so yeah, finally he is entering the game, i wonder how long till the tournament begin..

LastChapter said:
Kerozinn said:

he is playing the game for the first time! being good at WoW doesnt mean your automaticly great at counter strike. stop the excuses please.
That was the best analogy I heard all day. >.>

well, CS and WOW basically use same engine, but different genre, SO if you want to compare , why dont your analogy compare between CS and L4D? fair enough :) haters gonna hate, so i'll just sit here and laughing about any troll coming for this episode.
Jul 26, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2014
LastChapter said:
crimsonwaltz said:
It's not like females in GGO don't drive buggies just for that reason.
I know, but im talking about how kirito knows how to drive the buggy
Jul 26, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2014
So far so good SAO. I wonder how long you can keep this up. Great episode 5/5 from me. Loving the new pace.
Jul 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Marzan said:

I don't understand why people complain about the pacing. It's building things up nice and easy. Why rush things? The first of the first season went through things too quickly IMO.

Totally agree, I think the pacing is excellent so far.
Jul 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2010
I can't believe there are people bitching about energy swords in a shooting game.

Where have you been since 2001?
Jul 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
Kirito's cheating skillz never get old... But for some reason I actually enjoyed this ep.

And this online world seems pretty cool at first glance.
Jul 26, 2014 1:29 PM
Mar 2012
AICW said:
I can't believe there are people bitching about energy swords in a shooting game.

Where have you been since 2001?
Godamn, I laughed harder than I should.
Jul 26, 2014 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
Botato said:
Rothion said:
It's always nice seeing the best girl of a anime smile, although Trapito is almost as good...
Fixed.
You hurt Trapito's feelings what if Trapito cuts his hair off just because you said that?
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Jul 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
Damn them graphics, I really enjoyed that episode. Made up for the slow pacing in the previous ones.

Arrrgh now I can't wait for episode 5, ;__; more Sinon pls
RothJul 26, 2014 1:45 PM
Jul 26, 2014 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
Finally get to see kirito in action. ^^ Was a great episode.
I don't get it why he is thinking that killing someone through a game is impossible after what happened in SAO though..
Jul 26, 2014 1:40 PM
Mar 2012
rothrock said:
Arrrgh now I can't wait for episode 4, ;__; more Sinon pls
This is episode 4
Jul 26, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2013
So he really is a trap after all.
And Shinon was cute when she was smilling, Ibet that she won't be smilling when she finds out that KiritA is a he.
Jul 26, 2014 1:45 PM

Nov 2013
Rothion said:
Botato said:
Fixed.
You hurt Trapito's feelings what if Trapito cuts his hair off just because you said that?
Sorry but no matter how cool Trapito is, he's never going to be as cool as Sinon. She has blue hair, 'nuff said.

Lrae said:
I don't get it why he is thinking that killing someone through a game is impossible after what happened in SAO though..
Because in SAO the nerve gear killed players not the game itself. The new nerve gear is 100% safe.
Jul 26, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
LastChapter said:
rothrock said:
Arrrgh now I can't wait for episode 4, ;__; more Sinon pls
This is episode 4

Lol ah I'm losing track of episodes, got mixed up with DMMd, meant episode 5. *goes to edit post*
RothJul 26, 2014 1:49 PM
Jul 26, 2014 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
Rothion said:
Sorry but no matter how cool Trapito is, he's never going to be as cool as Sinon. She has blue hair, 'nuff said.

Lrae said:
Because in SAO the nerve gear killed players not the game itself. The new nerve gear is 100% safe.

If you died in SAO you would die irl too so its not that unfamiliar with GGO now. Except that you gotta get hit by a certain man.
And apparently the new nervegear isn't 100% safe
Jul 26, 2014 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
Tha Star wars sword :P Kirito very good for as a girl
Jul 26, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
Gray-stu the Jedi edition.

Lame....

Jul 26, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2007
Marzan said:
This Trap is going to launch a thousand doujinshi's, I'm calling it right now.

It's not even that good a trap. I suppose if it gets us some "Asuna on top" doujinshi I could be down for it... wait, what?

It's taking some getting used to with Kirito's "girly" voice, and while I'm still disappointed he has a voice mannish enough that I can't buy Sinon thinking he's really a girl, it could be worse. Admittedly for all the problems I wanted to find with Kirito going into GGO and already being awesome, I found it endearing that it played on Kirito's inherent sense of being awesome.

I'm glad they did it the way I thought they would, with his stats from ALO carrying to GGO instead of him starting over and just being awesome right off the bat. It also demonstrates and explains with the dodging game how he intends to use his current abilities to make it through GGO. And oh the Star Wars jokes that are going to come from that lightsaber... oh, I'm sorry, "photon sword". I did like how it kept Kirito a complete n00b when it came to handling his gun though. That was pretty funny.

God help me, this season is good so far.
SplitterJul 26, 2014 2:05 PM
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 26, 2014 2:00 PM
Mar 2012
lilypippili said:
Are we just not going to talk about this lmfao
We already have. Kind of.
Jul 26, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
Lrae said:
If you died in SAO you would die irl too so its not that unfamiliar with GGO now. Except that you gotta get hit by a certain man.
And apparently the new nervegear isn't 100% safe
Again, that is the nerve gear being a microwave not SAO being deadly.
And again, if you paid attention during episode 1 they explained in great detail why the new nerve gear is 100% safe.
Jul 26, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2011
LOL Kirito's reaction was priceless he is offically a trap. Great episode.
Jul 26, 2014 2:09 PM
Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Botato said:
Again, that is the nerve gear being a microwave not SAO being deadly.
And again, if you paid attention during episode 1 they explained in great detail why the new nerve gear is 100% safe.
Wait, would you mind explaining in more detail because I probably forgot. How do they know it's not the Nervgear doing shit again?

And also, the logic is not that far off
Before SAO: "This Nervgear is safe"
-microwaves brains
Before ALO: "This Nervgear is ACTUALLY safe"
-fucks with your brain
Before GGO: "This Nervgear is FINALLY SAFE YOU GUYS"
???

It's because it's not a NerveGear anymore that was designed by Kayaba Akihiko, but an Amusphere designed by RECTO and tested to be safe. If you punch someone while they are diving, security features would immediately log them out of VR.

Description:
Jul 26, 2014 2:10 PM

May 2012
typical Kirito so OP..

Jul 26, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
Hikarusuke said:
LOL Kirito's reaction was priceless he is offically a trap. Great episode.

I thought it was funny that the first thing he did was reach to see that he had no breasts, but didn't reach for his junk. Like, come on man, you may be an author-designated gaming god, but that doesn't mean you'd automatically get huge voluptuous breasts if you became a woman :)
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.