Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 12:07 PM
May 2014
So this is confirmed to be the Black Bullet/Gokukoku no Brynhildr of this season? Too bad
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 24, 2014 12:10 PM
Jul 2013
kikohunter said:
So this is confirmed to be the Black Bullet/Gokukoku no Brynhildr of this season? Too bad

Not even close. Both of those shows had nothing redeemable about them.
Jul 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
kikohunter said:

well, even if it is madly rushed it is still enjoyable... there isnt anything major which doesnt makes any sense at all, characters are still following the way they should as in original material
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 24, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2013
Barion-Zara said:

So yeah, quite a lot of down playing for Ken's character in the anime. In the manga he wasn't this naive -.- But oh well.

Ahah I get thought the same thing >.<

ep5 --> Tome 4 + the start of the tome 5, ok.

It's too rush, and Kaneki seems very weak unlike the manga's version... Why Kaneki run seriously, in the manga's version he tried to fight but there >_<

The last time, I said than one arc was skipped, but I think than that arc will be adapte after, but I don't understand the interest to make that arc after this one T_T

That anime might to be so better, but it might to be so worst too

Arrrg I mustn't to compare with the manga otherwise I can't never try to appreciate that anime.
faliaJul 24, 2014 12:36 PM
Jul 24, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
That guy is creepy. So let's see if kaneki can live up to all their praise ^^
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 24, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Damn it Kaneki, you are so naive...
Jul 24, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 2014
Kaneki's dodging skills are amazing?? He is really quick!
Not a bad episode overall.
Jul 24, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2012
rushed way too rushed !!!! apparently they are planning on a 12 episode adaptation what a shame !! this really deserve at least a 24 ep even more but i guess their aim is to attract more readers to the manga so i absolutely recommend reading it from the beginning because they are skipping too many thing changing the story order and even mixing arc together !! OVER AND OUT
Jul 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
Did Ishida Sui already imagine Miyano Mamoru as Shuu when he gave the nickname Mr. MM to him?
The thought just came to me and I find it quite interesting lol.

Look's like they're really merging the two arcs, with Gourmet arc ending in-between Doves arc. Still a pretty bearable adaptation though I would be more satisfied if they included the scene of Kaneki studying martial art books and Itori's request for him to investigate the Gourmet society cause anime-Kaneki seems pretty naive without them.

Jul 24, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know why everyone is complaining so much. I really liked it (although I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to)

Tsukiyama is FABULOUS. Not nearly enough Touka though.
Jul 24, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
CaptainKatsuura said:
I don't know why everyone is complaining so much. I really liked it (although I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to)

Tsukiyama is FABULOUS. Not nearly enough Touka though.

in this case, you will enjoy the manga much much more, since they cut out tons of materials (thats why we are complaining), maybe not important, but interesting, making this more than your average "hurr durr, i'm the MC, i smash everything"
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 24, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Okay episode, but the 1st half sort of jumped into different places, and I lost track in what the characters are saying. Also Tsukiyama was pretty creepy in here, smelling on Kaneki and his blood.

Guess his blood is pretty unique when he has only one eye, and pretty much half human and half ghoul. IDK if I should sympathize Taro or not, because of him being yeld at by his mom.

Aw I want to see more Toka though, pretty difficult when she can't eat human food :(.

Jul 24, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2013
Gourmet was badass - But dont trust him Kaneki ! Definitely not ! :O
Jul 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Tsukiyama made a pretty interesting debut.
Jul 24, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Is it safe to say that this will be as bad and hated as Black Bullet.
Jul 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2008
sullynathan said:

If the adaptation keeps cutting things haphazardly and destroying Kaneki's character, most likely
Jul 24, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
sullynathan said:

Jul 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
Moonchipz said:
So they just skipped the entire Dove arc?
Fucking hell.

the anime is like 12 episodes long

you knew this would happen

bye
Jul 24, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
Kaneki is literally too stupid to live. He was SPECIFICALLY told to not trust the guy and pretty much the next thing he does is go along with him. Alone. To a place he does not know. Hoping to learn more about the girl who tried to eat him. And turned him into a semighoul. By luring him out to an isolated place.

Seriously, being a ghoul does not mean your brains are rotten.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jul 24, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
To few scenes with Touka, so I didn't enjoy this episode that much.
Kaneki deserves to get raped by Tsukiyama. It might be understandable that he didn't trust Touka's advice, but he could have ask someone else about Tsukiyama.
Too bad Rize died, she seems quite an interesting character. She was kind of cool on that flashback of Tsukiyama.
Jul 24, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
hopping those 15 chapters they skipped will be done latter anyways good eps. Tsukiyama sniffing that napkin was so damn hilarious but those annoying invert colors. also eps was really rushed needs 2-cours
Jul 24, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
Seems like everyone who did read the manga is unhappy and complaining...And here i am happy and oblivious. Yeah,and that's why i am going to read the manga only after the anime is done.

Also,i probably should not ship Kaneki and Tsukiyama...it's a truly terrible ship...and therefore truly appealing to my tastes:D so...
Jul 24, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2009
Black_wind said:
Seems like everyone who did read the manga is unhappy and complaining...And here i am happy and oblivious. Yeah,and that's why i am going to read the manga only after the anime is done.

Also,i probably should not ship Kaneki and Tsukiyama...it's a truly terrible ship...and therefore truly appealing to my tastes:D so...

they expected a full manga shown in 12 episodes? are that stupid
Jul 24, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2007
Is it really confirmed for just 1 cour?

I'm one of those who didn't read the manga, so I'm really enjoying it so far. Tsukiyama and company are so hammy it's ridiculous. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 24, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2010
So, I remember in a previous episode they say ghouls can drink coffee fine, but can they also drink alcohol without a problem?
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 24, 2014 1:13 PM
Sep 2012
NavyCherub said:
So, I remember in a previous episode they say ghouls can drink coffee fine, but can they also drink alcohol without a problem?
That was human blood.
Jul 24, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2010
June93 said:
NavyCherub said:
That was human blood.

I get that she threw blood on him, not wine, but she runs a bar, and the guy sitting at the bar with them seemed like he was drinking. I guess that was coffee or blood?
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 24, 2014 1:17 PM
Sep 2012
NavyCherub said:
June93 said:
That was human blood.

I get that she threw blood on him, not wine, but she runs a bar, and the guy sitting at the bar with them seemed like he was drinking. I guess that was coffee or blood?
It was blood, unless they were drinking iced coffee (it was totally blood).
Jul 24, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2013
Ok,it is definetly obvious now that they want to finish the anime by the 12th episode...
But why Akame Ga Kill gets a 24 episodes anime adaptation treat?
Also,Tokyo Ghoul manga has lots of interesting things that make it a great thing to read.Why not just add them?People will enjoy them for sure!
Manga is Seinen.Filled with gore.Add it too ffs to the anime!I never complained one tiny bit about the reverse colour idea they had.Not even about the food censorship they did last episode but for real,you can't just put Kaneki in there alone.

I won't compare this with real gore anime adaptations I like,yet Naruto has more gore overall,wth?
And finally,take some fillers out from Naruto and make this longer!
Is definetly better than that...
No matter where this anime is going or how short it will be,at least we have the manga to rely on! :D

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
JopfleJul 24, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 24, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
I liked it.
Jul 24, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
A meh episode, So far Akame is taking the floor by a landslide.
Hope this show gets better
Jul 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2011
Well apart from the obvious whole skipping an arc that they will probably add in later (though i think it is stupid they did this in the first place) they went and made Kaneki look like a naive fool that has not learned a thing from past encounters. In the manga he was constantly doubting Tsukiyama and was on guard around him the only reason he kept associating with him was because he was asked to find out more about the gourmet club by Itori because Kaneki wanted more information. Sure he did not expect to be caught in such a horrible situation but he was still not nearly clueless as they showed him this episode.

They also removed the humans that were with him in the gourmet club so that was also bare bones just like all of his time and interactions with Tsukiyama they just skimmed through all of it and cut as much as they could giving us only the basics so they could quickly reach that point in a single episode..... I have been mostly fine with the anime so far up and till this episode this one was a really big let down for me =/
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Kaneki needs to start fighting for real, Gourmet is sick XD taht napkin scene
Jul 24, 2014 1:38 PM
Jul 2014
dat...napkin...doe
Jul 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
Man this episode really got me pumped. It was just so action-packed and I was just yelling at Kaneki to get his Kagune out lol. I'm just so excited for the next ep but at the same time, I also think that the anime is going way to fast. Even though ep 4 just aired, its already around chapter 39ish in the manga. The anime also skipped a lot of information and also the dove arc ANNNNDDD there was supposed to be 2 other people being served with Kankeki that are humans. I just really believe Tsukiyama appeared way to freaking early. I was a little shocked that they already showed the gourmet food part but I didn't really mind that much. Overall the anime still is amazing and really does get my blood pumping and wow I fan girl like crazy over it.
EllieeMJul 24, 2014 6:57 PM
Jul 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
Just because people post they hate the adaptation and scrutinize the episode, does not mean you can go and be all bait posting, insulting, etc.
Jul 24, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
So the fat girl and the other guy are not there...
I wanted to see the fat girl die..
Jul 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
Hannahhond said:
So the fat girl and the other guy are not there...
I wanted to see the fat girl die..
Now that you mention it, I just noticed they took that out too.
Jul 24, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
My god so much is missing!
No Dove Arc
The two other people at the ghoul restraint
This felt really rushed
I hope they just flipped the Dove and Gourmet arc around so after this is the Dove arc.
Jul 24, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
I didn't like how Kaneki just went with the guy, even after being told to stay away from him. The gourmet ghouls are sick, even when they didn't knew about Kaneki being a rare one-eye they where tempted to cannibalism. I'm afraid everyone will try to capture him now that he has become famous :S

The sniffing scene was the creepy and laughable, he was so high on that blood xD
Jul 24, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2014
Tsukiyama is such a creep. The scene where he sniffed that napkin with Kaneki's blood made me laugh more than I should. At least his voice actor is Miyano Mamoru.

The gourmet scene was nice. That classical music though.
Jul 24, 2014 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
Ok, during the Gourmet arc, wasn't there more people being served as a main dish, and not just Kaneki? I remember that one chunky lady who was too selfish to save the other people
Jul 24, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
Well this is.. Peculiar...
Jul 24, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2008
interpets said:
Ok, during the Gourmet arc, wasn't there more people being served as a main dish, and not just Kaneki? I remember that one chunky lady who was too selfish to save the other people

You remember right. Sadly the anime removed them
Jul 24, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2013
I didn't like this episode even though I'm an anime-only watcher.
SentiNel said:
Kaneki is literally too stupid to live. He was SPECIFICALLY told to not trust the guy and pretty much the next thing he does is go along with him. Alone. To a place he does not know. Hoping to learn more about the girl who tried to eat him. And turned him into a semighoul. By luring him out to an isolated place.

Seriously, being a ghoul does not mean your brains are rotten.
This x100. Didn't really like the Gourmet guy either, a little too over the top IMO. Also weird to me how Kaneki was able to fight the big guy and dodge his attacks even though he got like one training session. If I don't like the next episode, I won't drop it, but I'll read the manga on the side.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
interpets said:

You remember right. Sadly the anime removed them

hmm, how unfortunate. they even skipped the dove arc. i wonder how they'll pull through with this.
Jul 24, 2014 2:29 PM
Feb 2014
That was.. slightly disappointing...

I feel like a lot of character interactions are missing... there wasnt very much buildup to the final trap scene. This is kinda unfortunate... frm the comments, Kaneki wasnt even supposed to be as naive as he seems to be in the anime, which sucks... I really wished they didn't rush things.... As a non-manga reader, even i can tell several scenes seem to be missing... the fact that it took so little time for Kaneki to fall in to trap makes me see Kaneki in a bad light... had they taken their time, I would've understood why Kaneki might've fallen under the charm of the gourmet. But in the anime, it took a grand total of 2 meetings -_-... jeez...

Animation quality kinda dropped in this episode. Was not impressed by the Taro chasing Kaneki part... and the censoring when Gourmet tore Taro apart was just... awfull.... like, really horrible...

Damn... and the story seemed so interesting. Judging from the comments, a lot of things about ghouls could've been explained and explored in this arc. About how they're curious about human tastes, how they try to understand how different ingredients and seasoning tastes. How desperate some of them are to taste what humans taste... but, since they rushed it, I didn't really understand what was going on until I came onto the forums...

It's really too bad... I hope later episodes dont suffer frm this rushed pacing. I also hope they'll use the scenes they cut out in the next episode? But honestly, some damage was already done when they let Kaneki fall into the trap so fast in this episode, imo
Duri1nJul 24, 2014 2:34 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 24, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
well i wanted to see some more of touka, but i guess the episode was gook anyway
i will just hate it if kaneki believes that creep again

Oct 2013
This episode adapted 8 entire chapters! Is needed more than art to be able to do this achievement. It was basically an entire volume adapted in 1 episode. Just 1 chapter escaped, because it probably will be used later(I Hope), because of the rest of the arc.

My estimation is unfortunately right, they will adapt an arc of 2 volumes in 2 episodes, unless in the next episode thet extremely reduces the pacing, or it mixes stuff from other arcs.

That removed Uta and Itori entrance shenanigans, and a lot of other Itori shenanigans :'(

Kaneki from anime is a totally different entity than the Kaneki from the manga. They are doing the exact same stuff that was made in Evangellion with Shinji: The anime version has 1000% angst and stupidity without enough explanation. The manga version every act is well explained and the character has average intelligent and some little angst(that given the explanation is totally understandable and expected).
So Kaneki go with the weird guy, that stalks him blatantly(Gourmet appeared at his university, a place that he should not know Kaneki frequents(unless he is a stalker!!), and directly says that it is there for him!), to a restaurant that make him take a bath before starting to eat? And even before that Touka not only said that he was dangerous, but that he was one of the parasites of the 20th ward. OMG, how much can a person be stupid!
Is not even funny the difference between Kaneki anime and manga. Kaneki manga would totally call Kaneki anime retarted and punch him in the face. 

Jan 2014
Ok so, the Gourmet came first eh? Well not all bad considering this arc does not have to be finished from beginning to end. Anyway all I disliked were the changes, Toka should have been training Kaneki it was quite the interaction there, also Kaneki was a lot more badass against Taro in the manga, at the very least it showcased how capable he was. Oh well......not bad but still left me wanting.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.