Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 10:56 PM

Jul 2013
PinkSheep said:

KumaKing said:

actually, in manga it was the fingernail of gourmet, which cut kaneki, not the teacup... [ghouls can cut up other ghouls, look at kaneki vs nishio scene]
well, anime kaneki doesnt make much sense here, oh well...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 24, 2014 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
I'm seriously hating Anime!Kaneki, oh Pierrot what have you done to him?

Sentiments aside, I'm liking how they made Gourmet twice creepy and irritating (in a good way).

Chrisbox said:
Lol people so salty, its an anime from a manga of course things are going to be skipped. Anyway I enjoyed it, seriously hope they stop with the negative filter censoring though.

Would you rather have 100% black screen or negative filters? (or buy the BD)
I think I know what I will choose if it were me.
Maya24Jul 24, 2014 11:50 PM
Jul 24, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2013
Hell, I hate this rushing and skipping.

I still think Kaneki is way too weak to fight the gourmet yet, hell even all the training stuff was skipped, just implying he did some sort of training.

I don't know, it's just that skipping this much of content really irks me.
Jul 24, 2014 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
Boombawks said:
Gourmet is weird af... getting all high over kaneki's blood.

I've always thought of that scene to be as though he's a pervert sniffing panties or something.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 24, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was an interesting episode and that Gourmet dude is one sick puppy! He totally creeps me the hell out!

I'm really glad that I don't read a whole lot of mangas, cuz' I'm so sick of the complaints about not showing this or the pace being out of sync. Damn people do you not realize how many episodes a series would be if they included everything from the books.

That's why its called an ADAPTION!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 25, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
Usual"oh noez,they butchered this adaptation!" complaints,nothing to see there.

More importantly,despite enjoying this show a lot so far,the one thing I'm worried about is that it'll turn too much into a ghoul vs ghoul shounen-ish battle anime. Right now,it has a few such elements and while that's definitely not a game-breaker,it does hurt the show,sometimes making it hard to take seriously.
Jul 25, 2014 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
CeissaDesiste said:
Well that was an interesting episode and that Gourmet dude is one sick puppy! He totally creeps me the hell out!

I'm really glad that I don't read a whole lot of mangas, cuz' I'm so sick of the complaints about not showing this or the pace being out of sync. Damn people do you not realize how many episodes a series would be if they included everything from the books.

That's why its called an ADAPTION!

There's a difference between shortening things, and still make them look understandable, and skipping whole lotta things or placing them later when they will make less sense.

The thing with this adaptation is that a lot of things that make Kaneki the character he is are cut out and it makes him look just like a whiney guy that eventually will make it out of situations without any reason, and that will make him look like an asspull power in the end. At least it seems like that to me.

The Gourmet is a crazy/sick mofo either way, though, and that will remain unchanged until the end of time I hope!
Jul 25, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2013
SentiNel said:
xchee said:
Good episode but not gonna lie, Kaneki annoyed me so much. He was told to stay away from Tsukiyama by the people who knows the ghoul world in and out, the same people who are the only ones he can trust, but he still associated with him. Not only that, he went with him to a place he doesn't know, alone with that creep. For what? To know more about the girl who tried to eat him. That's not being naive, that's being *expletives here* stupid. Couldn't he just ask the people he can trust about Rize?

Please don't tell me he's going to keep this run-in as a secret from Touka and the others or that he'll continue to associate with that creep because "he might be nice."

Are you me? Because I made pretty much the same points earlier, albeit more laconically. (And I didn't like the episode at all.)

This. Why he is so obsessed with Rize anyway...
Jul 25, 2014 12:42 AM
Mar 2013
Haha I love the napkin scene. It was disturbingly funny in the manga but in the anime its just hilarious.
Jul 25, 2014 12:49 AM

May 2014
Holy Shit... That Gourmet guy is really fucking creepy. Like at a disturbing level creepy...
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 25, 2014 12:49 AM

Jun 2011
Jul 25, 2014 12:56 AM

Oct 2013
God ,that was creepy as hell sniff the shit out of the handkerchief though it was pretty hilarious.
Jul 25, 2014 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
Kaneki was just a giant dipshit this episode. I still don't like him.
Jul 25, 2014 2:09 AM
Feb 2014
So much of what happens in the manga is left out, its ridiculous. first they censor the gore now they skip the scenes where kaneki acts awesome, i wanted to see taros arm broken.

huge disappointment
I only read books i have already read
Jul 25, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2009
PremiumCascade said:
So much of what happens in the manga is left out, its ridiculous. first they censor the gore now they skip the scenes where kaneki acts awesome, i wanted to see taros arm broken.

huge disappointment

Ah hell, how could I forget that.

Here is just a glimpse of what Kaneki does in the manga during the events of this episode. I'll put it in spoiler tags to avoid cluttering the thread:

Mod Edit: Removed unfair material and added in the proper IMGs
TyrelJul 25, 2014 3:08 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 25, 2014 3:12 AM
Jun 2014
May be we will have awesome Fight with dove.
Jul 25, 2014 3:46 AM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
I didnt read the manga like most people so im not really dissapointed but i saw the manga spoilers from Spectre and wondering why the hell isn't he doing that and being such a pussy. Either way i thought it was a good episode and im loving the anime.
Jul 25, 2014 4:09 AM
Jan 2014
tsukiyama sniffing that handkerchief looked exactly like some uber crazy panties fetish sniffing his steals. lol. getting interesting. that censoring though. still looks good despite it all i guess.
Jul 25, 2014 4:31 AM

Apr 2010
Always nice to see a completely butchered adaptation and watch people try to defend it.
Jul 25, 2014 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
Tsukiyama is this series Hisoka/Shaiapouf. I guess
Jul 25, 2014 5:10 AM

May 2013
Sniffing the napkin just got better. I wish Rize would have seen that.
The scene where Kaneki was being chased by that scrapper was too funny.
I think Kaneki just got protection from Tsukiyama from that last statement of him.
Jul 25, 2014 5:43 AM

Jul 2011
Kaneki..... he looks so cute in a suit.... so lovely...so delicious.... so tender, i wonder how his silky smooth skin taste in my tongue... aaaahhh such delicacy....♥

i dont know what this anime has done to me but oh my my its sure is increasing my appetite, aaaawwwwhhhhh kaneki saaaan ♥♥♥
Jul 25, 2014 5:56 AM

Nov 2013
It's still dogshit so far. Not sure not much better the manga is goinng to be if I even get to it.
Jul 25, 2014 6:03 AM

May 2013
This

:D
Jul 25, 2014 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
They took out the 2 humans who are with Kaneki so that they don't need to censor those scenes.. But that's okay.

The problem is Kaneki supposed to know about the restaurant and went there willingly because of Itori's request. Not like in the anime, Kaneki is stupid enough to follow Tsukiyama. Plus Kaneki smelled something wrong with the coffee, so he didn't drink it. They have to put out gas secretly for Kaneki to inhale, that's why he got affected too.
And in the manga, Tsukiyama 'accidentally' cut Kaneki with his nails, not a mere broken cup. When Taro tried to cut Kaneki with the saw, it became broken because of ghoul's tough body. And then Taro will use a Quinque instead.. Plus Kaneki fought back quite a lot, not just running around.

Why are they making ghoul so weak now? Like the episode before when they make Kaneki used his Kagune to avoid the fall in the anime. -.-
hokaruJul 25, 2014 6:20 AM
Jul 25, 2014 6:17 AM

Jun 2012
A7MAD111 said:
God ,that was creepy as hell sniff the shit out of the handkerchief though it was pretty hilarious.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jul 25, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
So we learn that one-eyed Ghouls are stronger than normal Ghouls, as expected. Still though there better be an explanation later on as to why this is the case.

Rize's death wasn't an accident apparently, well I guess it was hinted at from when it happened considering how the whole thing went down and also because of that creepy doctor.

Kaneki is still far too naive, perhaps this incident will make him less naive. Also this Tsukiyama guy is disgusting/creepy.

OST is great as always. Really liking it.
4/5
Jul 25, 2014 6:25 AM

Jun 2014
kikohunter said:
@Tarheelram
My problem with AgK were the same as in Tokyo Ghoul: Low production valus, half assed effort from the staff, bad pacing with bad scene trasitions and shit directing as well as adding useless fanservice for the fuck of it in AgK. At least, episode 3 was better in AgK but Tokyo Ghoul seems to be getting worse with no signs of improvement and also AgK has 21 episodes to get better.

Shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Any fanservice was adapted from the manga. And wow a girl swimming, wow too much fanservice am I right?
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 25, 2014 6:28 AM
Dec 2011

so sexy. I want to join in because i'm a guy.
wigglejellyJul 25, 2014 6:31 AM
Jul 25, 2014 6:31 AM

Jan 2011
bigivelfhq said:

Is not even funny the difference between Kaneki anime and manga. Kaneki manga would totally call Kaneki anime retarted and punch him in the face. 

I like your comment
Jul 25, 2014 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
Rushed episode but still good.
Hoping to see Tsukuyama vs. Kaneki next episode.
Jul 25, 2014 6:49 AM

Jun 2014
Really feel like it's being rushed too much, so much gore and content is being skipped over. Extremely, extremely enjoyable if you haven't read the manga, but if you have, you quickly see how it isn't really doing it justice at this pace.

For me, I watched the first 3 episodes and got hooked, and while waiting for the 4th, went and read all the manga and now my view on the eps is slightly distorted.
"Heaven is a six-tatami, one room, second-floor apartment on Earth. Being a NEET is awesome." - Hanzō Urushihara/Lucifer
Jul 25, 2014 7:35 AM

May 2013
Odayum.

Awesome episode.
Jul 25, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
Worst episode yet.

Why do they have to rearrange the arcs the way they did so far? I actually wouldn't mind it, if not for all the scenes that are being skipped or entirely changed and worsened in the process. E.g. I really missed the scene in which Kaneki breaks the executioner's arm. That was so satisfying to read in the manga, especially as Kaneki isn't all that capable at that time and doesn't really shine all that often. And they ended up omitting that one :/.
Also, the transitions between scenes are often awkward and too sudden. Makes the anime feel even more rushed than it is to begin with. I'm probably forgetting some other issues I had with this episode, but you get the idea.

On the bright side, the anime will reach
rather quickly, which is a good thing in my book. That made the manga so much better.
Jul 25, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2013
Mamoru Miyano's character here is too funny especially when he's sniffing the handkerchief. Hungry much?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 25, 2014 7:42 AM

Jul 2011
wigglejelly said:

so sexy. I want to join in because i'm a guy.

that. looks. TASTY!
Jul 25, 2014 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
millo said:
wigglejelly said:
-snip-

that. looks. TASTY!

Tsukiyama-san, is that you?
Jul 25, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2014
My god,they missed a lot of Detailed information.
Like Kaneki Took tsukiyama's Obvious trap because he needed Information about the Underground gourmet.They removed that and It made Kaneki look like a blindless fool.
They had Kaneki took a Shower because Tsukiyama wanted the "Food" to be clean as possible to be Served to the ghouls.But they didn't Added that and Seemed like a Unnecessary scene.
Where's the other people who were Being served along with Kaneki? That was intense! To avoid Censoring more than usual on Each deaths? What the fu-
YOU DONE FUCK IT UP!
Well not really in the eyes of New anime viewers.But really would have been better if it was true to its sources.
The worst thing they could do right now is Ruin Chapter 60-80.That's most Important and crucial part of Kaneki's Character development.Mess around with it and they fuck it up.

Jul 25, 2014 9:06 AM

Jun 2009
Enpsychopedia said:
For me, I watched the first 3 episodes and got hooked, and while waiting for the 4th, went and read all the manga and now my view on the eps is slightly distorted.

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same for me. Can't say I regret reading the manga, though.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 25, 2014 9:27 AM
Oct 2013
Manga is way better. The scenes and events are just messed up in the anime. It's also rushed. I dropped my rating from 9 to 7. Whoever re-arranged the storyboard sucks very bad. He only has one job, yet he failed miserably.

Don't get me wrong. Animation-wise. It's great. But just from what I've said, the plot is rushed, jumbled and skipped a lot of scenes.

Judging by the speed of things happening, it's more or less 12 episodes.
Jul 25, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
This is why I don't read manga until after I've seen an adaptation ... source purists are beyond annoying and I don't wanna turn into that.

A pretty good episode, though I hope our hero is smart enough to avoid Gourmet from now on. I don't care if you fanboy over the same books, you really don't need to be hanging out with someone who almost made you into a banquet dinner.
Jul 25, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
This is why I don't read manga until after I've seen an adaptation ... source purists are beyond annoying and I don't wanna turn into that.

A pretty good episode, though I hope our hero is smart enough to avoid Gourmet from now on. I don't care if you fanboy over the same books, you really don't need to be hanging out with someone who almost made you into a banquet dinner.

And that's one of the reasons this episode sucks compared to the manga. Kaneki had an actual reason to go with the Gourmet in the manga despite his suspicions and the warnings the others gave him. Here he was just plain naive and stupid. Admittedly, he also became a little too trustful in the manga, but not as dump as he appeared here.
Jul 25, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
Blind_Guardian said:

Don't need to be a "source purist" to realize this adaptation is rushed to all hell. If I hadn't read the manga I probably would have dropped it after this episode, w/ the series length still being unknown.
antonnJul 25, 2014 11:23 AM
Jul 25, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
Rushed like crazy! One arc is so far skipped/delayed (although I must admit because of it Ken seems like a bit less of an idiot in this episode).
Jul 25, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2011
Lol. So they skipped an arc? -_-
Still a good episode.
Jul 25, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
At this rate I feel like I'm watching comedy not horror.

This adaptation kills what Tokyo Ghoul is really about.
Only good thing is (other than the opening) it makes the manga popular,and we get more chapters in English.
Jul 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
best OP ever
i just feel the need to say that every episode i watch^
i just noticed the other him in a mask though. i like his mask. oh, and i like that white haired guy. i wonder who he is. i just like white haired anime characters, they're badass
good ep
Jul 25, 2014 1:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm very disappointed I must confess. I expected more horror from this series and I'm really not feeling it. Tsukiyama is just your standard anime psycho that you see coming from miles away.

Not a bad series. It's just not what I thought it would be after watching that first chapter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 25, 2014 1:37 PM
Jan 2011
Ho, ho, Touka forcing herself to eat human food, Tsukiyama ........he probably one of the creepiest gay guy I've ever seen. And, aw shit, does it mean that the 20th Ward is a pace where Ghouls eat other ghouls?
Nasty001Jul 25, 2014 1:51 PM
Jul 25, 2014 1:57 PM
Jul 2014
I liked it, but the Dove arc has a lot of important events... I guess it will appear soon.

Mod Edit: Removed manga spoilers. Please don't discuss BIG spoilers in this thread.
TyrelJul 25, 2014 7:30 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.