Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
That bullfighting was ridiculous. I was laughing so hard the entire time, what an absurd scene.
Jul 24, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
I do not know how many episodes will have Ghoul Tokyo, but the animation is very race, several points of history are being left and censorship is hindering a bit
I hope that at least several arches manga is approached with this animation ..
Jul 24, 2014 6:02 PM

Dec 2010
I don't understand why this is only one cour...
Jul 24, 2014 6:08 PM

Sep 2013
Tyrel said:
Knight_Artorias said:
So the tea cup was set up to hurt the MC?
No. But the cup itself is indeed made of
which the studio failed to tell us. If I say anymore of how this
is made, it will spoil it.
Wait, so they told us this at this point of the story in the manga but not in the anime?
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 24, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Mr7Beans said:
meh.. mediocre stuff so far.

It's hard to take your comment seriously when you gave fairy tale a 9! Me being bias here, nothing to see here people.
Jul 24, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2014
kikohunter said:
Tarheelram said:

It's only been 4 episodes, calm down please.

Well besides episode 1 they all share the same proboems I stated. Is it really hard to be able to put out a decent product that doesn't look like a video a bunch of kids did for a school projecr for these fucking studios?

I swear you always exaggerate. I remember on the second episode of Akame Ga Kill you were insisting that the show would suck and that it was the most awful thing ever. Then on episode 3 you were like, "nm".
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 24, 2014 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
I love Tsukiyama, by far the most entertaining character in the show lol. And I also just noticed but didn't they show Ayato and Juuzou in the OP? I guess they really are planning on getting to and wrapping up the Aogiri arc in just 12 eps. They might have to skip the Dove arc or just give it 1-2 eps in that case.
Jul 24, 2014 6:16 PM
Jun 2014
So question here, can the main character not activate his power whenever he wants to? Or can he only do it under pressure or something?

Anyway, as a anime only viewer, it was alright I think. Storytelling does seem a bit muddled, but that can be ironed out in the long run.
Jul 24, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
He reminds me of Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter.
Jul 24, 2014 6:26 PM

May 2012
So much disappointment. You anime only viewers have no idea what you're missing.
Jul 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
Knight_Artorias said:
Tyrel said:
No. But the cup itself is indeed made of
which the studio failed to tell us. If I say anymore of how this
is made, it will spoil it.
Wait, so they told us this at this point of the story in the manga but not in the anime?
Oh, hell yeah. They skipped 15 chapters of an arc or so and went straight to this and rushed it fully. At the rate it's going, they'll prob rush the arc they just skipped with the next episode(s).
Jul 24, 2014 6:34 PM

Sep 2013
Tyrel said:
Oh, hell yeah. They skipped 15 chapters of an arc or so and went straight to this and rushed it fully. At the rate it's going, they'll prob rush the arc they just skipped with the next episode(s).
Welp, now I've lost all hope I ever had in this anime.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 24, 2014 6:37 PM

Mar 2014
Tsukiyama=best character

Waiting for the yaoi fans to eat this up
Jul 24, 2014 6:45 PM
Jun 2011
Jeez its not that bad. Minor details were cut but judeing from the preview that wont be skipping any arcs and im sure the dove arc is next followed by the church scene. its only been like 4 episodes. Im sure manga readers are mad at the pacing but If you read the manga it tends to drag at times to with investigators. We shall see.
Jul 24, 2014 7:02 PM
Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Gourmet in a nutshell

Oh man, I couldn't stop laughing at that scene.
Jul 24, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
that episode, what the hell did i just watch.
be cool, mamo, be cool.
Jul 24, 2014 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
This is a great comedy anime
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 24, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
I can kind of understand that the other of the 2 arcs are being switched, but one thing that I don't get is how
I wonder how that is gonna turn out.
Jul 24, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
When that kid going to stop being so trusting with people.

Great episode!!!
Jul 24, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
Shit so is this going downhill fast? still having a enjoyable time but i felt it was kinda odd them going into this arc everyone was talking about.

feel like i should just pick up the manga once this is over so i don't rage at how badly this might be done while it airs lol.
Jul 24, 2014 7:28 PM
Mar 2014
Well, I don't read the manga, so I didn't know what to expect. This episode was rather surprising, the atmosphere was completely different. All phantasmagoric and stuff, where before it was more, I don't know, more subdued and realistic? Still don't get what the butcher was (human or ghoul?) and how was he supposed to hurt Kaneki if he was the latter. Also, it looks like ghouls have no problem eating other ghouls, eh.
dirtyuncleJul 24, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 24, 2014 7:28 PM
May 2014
@Tarheelram
My problem with AgK were the same as in Tokyo Ghoul: Low production valus, half assed effort from the staff, bad pacing with bad scene trasitions and shit directing as well as adding useless fanservice for the fuck of it in AgK. At least, episode 3 was better in AgK but Tokyo Ghoul seems to be getting worse with no signs of improvement and also AgK has 21 episodes to get better.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 24, 2014 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, what the hell. They didn't have the two humans with Kaneki that got slaughtered in all kinds of horrific ways. That kind of sucks. It also seems like they cut the deal between Itori and Kaneki. She wanted him to get information about the restaurant Tsukiyama took him to and then she would tell him more about Rize's death. So, yeah, he went into the situation in the manga knowing he may be making a mistake, but he is so curious about the "incident" he considers it worth the risk.

Definitely glad I read the manga now, though.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 24, 2014 7:43 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 24, 2014 7:38 PM
Jun 2011
kikohunter said:
@Tarheelram
My problem with AgK were the same as in Tokyo Ghoul: Low production valus, half assed effort from the staff, bad pacing with bad scene trasitions and shit directing as well as adding useless fanservice for the fuck of it in AgK. At least, episode 3 was better in AgK but Tokyo Ghoul seems to be getting worse with no signs of improvement and also AgK has 21 episodes to get better.

You sure since tokyo ghoul is on episode 4 and most of the good stuff hasnt even been shown yet? Akame ga kill pisses me off with those dumb picture stills and fan service. And no one knows how many episodes tokyo ghoul will have. Im like tokyo ghoul a hell of alot better now. I read akame ga kill and so far the anime is not to my liking. Only so far. Tokyo ghoul is combing the arcs not skipping chapters. They can easily put what they missed on future epsides.
Jul 24, 2014 7:40 PM
May 2014
Interesting, delving deeper into the ghoul's world I see. Hopefully all of the eps wont just be Ghoul vs Ghoul. (Or Ghoul's minion vs Ghoul.)
Jul 24, 2014 7:41 PM
Jul 2014
An interesting creeper has shown up.. I wonder how things will go from here. Bit tempted to read the manga now.
Jul 24, 2014 7:54 PM

Jun 2009
danae17 said:

Is that Dove arc you are talking about so good or important? I don't read the manga but I see many people complain about not including it.

Better than the Gourmet arc, imo. Kaneki goes through some pretty important development in the arc, among other things.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 24, 2014 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
Touka trying so hard to be a normal school student. T^T

Kaneki's character is your generic oblivious, doesn't know anything, trusts anyone who seems like a 'nice person' and then gets in the shit for it. I hope that doesn't continue and according to the previous posts about the manga, he's not this naive.
The episode itself in my honest opinion was fine (as a non manga reader), aside from the frustrating Kaneki. It's too early to judge this anime, and I still have high hopes for it with its intriguing plot and characters.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 24, 2014 8:04 PM
Jul 2014
junpants said:

Kaneki's character is your generic oblivious, doesn't know anything, trusts anyone who seems like a 'nice person' and then gets in the shit for it. I hope that doesn't continue and according to the previous posts about the manga, he's not this naive.
The episode itself in my honest opinion was fine (as a non manga reader), aside from the frustrating Kaneki. It's too early to judge this anime, and I still have high hopes for it with its intriguing plot and characters.

This is my biggest issue with it aswell. I am fed up with the totally useless protagonist theme that ends up saving everyone after he gets some silly power up when he is about to die or when he needs to protect someone else.

Been done before so many times it needs to stop. 1/5
Jul 24, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode but not gonna lie, Kaneki annoyed me so much. He was told to stay away from Tsukiyama by the people who knows the ghoul world in and out, the same people who are the only ones he can trust, but he still associated with him. Not only that, he went with him to a place he doesn't know, alone with that creep. For what? To know more about the girl who tried to eat him. That's not being naive, that's being *expletives here* stupid. Couldn't he just ask the people he can trust about Rize?

Please don't tell me he's going to keep this run-in as a secret from Touka and the others or that he'll continue to associate with that creep because "he might be nice."
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2014 8:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tsukiyama reminds me of Hisoka lol...He was pretty weird xD

Either way, this episode was alright, even though I predicted what would of happened
Jul 24, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
"im not quite into cannibalism" LOL.
and wow Tsukiyama is a sick fuck.
All the ghoul spectators with the masks; that was cool. And the death of that Taro fatty was a good end to the episode, besides the removed color again.
Jul 24, 2014 8:33 PM

Jun 2013
I knew Tsukiyama shouldn't be trusted but apparently the timid Kaneki still thought he wasn't a bad guy. And now he says to him "lol jk I didn't mean to throw you under the bus" at this point he should run as soon as he gets out of this situation he got himself into lol.
Jul 24, 2014 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
Gay dude, gullible MC..
Sigh, it gets worse ever since the first episode
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 24, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
BEAST episode. Fucking creepy ass Tsukiyama with the napkin. Haha
Can't wait until they get to the Dove arc. But I'm gonna go crazy once they animate the 11 Ward arc. xD
Jul 24, 2014 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
That was weird. That purple haired dude is a creep like goddamn wtf is up with him
Jul 24, 2014 8:56 PM
Oct 2012
It was stupid for him to fall for Tsukiyama's trick and go into the ghoul resturant. In the manga he intended to get in the ghoul resturant to find info about it for Itori. Without realizing he was on the menu.
It's just silly after he was tricked so recently by Rize, and then decides to go to one of her supposedly favorite places according to a guy who's called a parasite. So half assed anime..

Tsukiyama was so creepy oh geez, his voice was lighter than expected but it made him creepier.
I actually felt the shivers when he was sniffing that handkerchief. He's still hilarious to me though.
Jul 24, 2014 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
Coralira said:
It was stupid for him to fall for Tsukiyama's trick and go into the ghoul resturant. In the manga he intended to get in the ghoul resturant to find info about it for Itori. Without realizing he was on the menu.
It's just silly after he was tricked so recently by Rize, and then decides to go to one of her supposedly favorite places according to a guy who's called a parasite. So half assed anime..

Tsukiyama was so creepy oh geez, his voice was lighter than expected but it made him creepier.
I actually felt the shivers when he was sniffing that handkerchief. He's still hilarious to me though.

I know rite??
I'm not so sure anymore if the MC is gullible or just plain dumb

I have very high expectation of this anime since the first few episodes was so amazing
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 24, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
The censoring is hilarious to me at this point. But for realz they are skipping a lot.

OH and has nobody noticed that scene where Kaneki gets cut by the teacup?? That makes no sense because it was made absolutely clear in the beginning that ghouls can't be cut by objects like a knife and etc...
So why did the anime make it so Kaneki got cut by the broken glass?? Please someone tell me that I'm not the only one that sees this as a problem.
KumaKingJul 24, 2014 10:10 PM
Jul 24, 2014 9:35 PM

Mar 2010
Manga Kaneki and Anime Kaneki are pretty much two different people at this point. =/

WTF, seriously.

Well Mamou's performance was good and animated Itori is treat though she's less playful here.
Jul 24, 2014 9:49 PM

Apr 2013
Dang. Epic downhill since ep1. Becoming one of the worst shows i'm watching this season.

1/5
Jul 24, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
I freaking love this anime!
Jul 24, 2014 9:54 PM

May 2014
Lol people so salty, its an anime from a manga of course things are going to be skipped. Anyway I enjoyed it, seriously hope they stop with the negative filter censoring though.
Jul 24, 2014 10:02 PM

Feb 2014
Chrisbox said:
Lol people so salty, its an anime from a manga of course things are going to be skipped. Anyway I enjoyed it, seriously hope they stop with the negative filter censoring though.

It's not just about the skipping things.
Jul 24, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
xFrown said:
junpants said:

This is my biggest issue with it aswell. I am fed up with the totally useless protagonist theme that ends up saving everyone after he gets some silly power up when he is about to die or when he needs to protect someone else.

Been done before so many times it needs to stop. 1/5

I won't go into depth with this since I'll spoil it, but the "Nice Kaneki" is what made him such a crucial character for what later comes.

Also, there are no "random power ups in this series. You neither kill no matter how horrific you do it or you die because of the mistake you made. You'll understand what I'm talking about later
Jul 24, 2014 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
Wow they are butchering the fuck out of this adaptation. Like I'm usually not a huge stickler about that but holy shit this is just wrong.

Basically for anyone who feels like something is missing but didn't read the manga, you're absolutely right. All of that stuff from the PVs with Kaneki fighting Amon and Touka fighting Mado was already supposed to happen, while this episode should've happened way later.

Not only that, but they cut A LOT of stuff out of this episode as well. People who are watching this probably got the wrong idea about everything. For anyone who didn't read that manga that's curious, here's the breakdown:

- When Kaneki was at the bar with Yomo and the others, they know he was talking the gourmet and they ASK him to infiltrate the gourmet ghoul restaurant he was fighting in (which is why Kaneki was supposed to look spacey when talking at that book café).
- the conversation between them is a lot longer, and they talk about their favorite books and such (the gourmet like gourmet books, go figure).
- gourmet invites Kaneki to eat in the fancy restaurant (he might also mention that Rize ate there too, but I'm fairly certain he doesn't say it's her favorite place...cuz it isn't).
- Kaneki then changes clothes, drinks coffee etc. Then winds up in that arena. Now heres a big difference: In that arena with him was this fat obnoxious pig looking lady. Kaneki tried talking to her and asked for her help so they could both escape, but then she threw him under the bus to save herself (but IIRC she gets fucking slaughtered by the fat guy almost immediately anyway).
- Then the fight happens. Which, again IIRC is a lot more intense and I believe Kaneki fucks that fat guy up with a little more than 1 kick, but it still ends the same.
(AND ALL OF THIS IS JUST WHAT I REMEMBERED OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD. I'm sure there are a bunch of other details that I missed as well).

All in all, this episode got extremely fucking butchered. Had they done it right? It probably would've ended with a cliffhanger with him being in the arena. If anime only watchers are watching this and are happy, then I guess that's a good thing. But at the same time, they're starting to tell the story way differently and if anime only watchers start to hate it, I don't want them to blame the source material.
Jul 24, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Chrisbox said:
Remember how they stated in the beginning that ghouls can't be cut by objects? Then how come the anime version they had it so Kaneki gets cut by the broken teacup? That's a straight up contradiction.

kikohunter said:
-Studio Pierrot
-Faithfull or even skightly good adaption

Lol since when did anyone believe this?
Naruto and Bleach. That's all I needed to hear to know how this would go down for Tokyo Ghoul lol
TyrelJul 25, 2014 12:50 AM
Jul 24, 2014 10:24 PM
Oct 2012
Oh no.. This isn't just about things being skipped or changed. Changes are fine, but these changes were absolutely horrible. Kaneki was so pathetically written you know, his actions made no sense. He came of as a total moron. He's not just some puppet who simply exists to tell the story. Put some more effort into writing him goddamn anime staff.
Jul 24, 2014 10:32 PM

Jan 2008
xchee said:
Good episode but not gonna lie, Kaneki annoyed me so much. He was told to stay away from Tsukiyama by the people who knows the ghoul world in and out, the same people who are the only ones he can trust, but he still associated with him. Not only that, he went with him to a place he doesn't know, alone with that creep. For what? To know more about the girl who tried to eat him. That's not being naive, that's being *expletives here* stupid. Couldn't he just ask the people he can trust about Rize?

Please don't tell me he's going to keep this run-in as a secret from Touka and the others or that he'll continue to associate with that creep because "he might be nice."

Are you me? Because I made pretty much the same points earlier, albeit more laconically. (And I didn't like the episode at all.)
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jul 24, 2014 10:40 PM
May 2014
Ironwez20 said:
kikohunter said:
@Tarheelram

You sure since tokyo ghoul is on episode 4 and most of the good stuff hasnt even been shown yet? Akame ga kill pisses me off with those dumb picture stills and fan service. And no one knows how many episodes tokyo ghoul will have. Im like tokyo ghoul a hell of alot better now. I read akame ga kill and so far the anime is not to my liking. Only so far. Tokyo ghoul is combing the arcs not skipping chapters. They can easily put what they missed on future epsides.

Dude did you even read my post? I'm talking from an adaption point of view and from an overall quality of the product point of view.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.