Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
episode seemed a little gay I'm not going to lie I really hope they don't keep this up
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
Talk about madness haha. Nice epusode abd what was that High Class ghouls? This guy is crazy now Kaneki not only has to escape from that mad gramps but from the psycho too haha. I guess the Rize inside will take care of this also Rize looked like...too arrogant don't you think?
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 24, 2014 2:49 PM
Jul 2012
Well, Shuu wasn't that surprising. In all honesty, I thought by how he is a Gourmet he tweaks the human food he obtains. I wasn't expecting him to be a cannibalistic ring leader. Honestly, his actions aren't funny in my opinion, but more interesting. Also, it feels weird listening to him because of the VA. I can't help but think its Takuto, from Star Driver, or Yogi, from Karneval, who is smelling that hanky.

Also, it is nice to learn about the one-eye ghoul thing. Its really interesting. Also, I know that everyone has been complaining about this arc thing, and its gotten my curious. How far are the English translations for this anime's manga? Or light-novel is it doesn't have a manga.
Jul 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
interpets said:
Darklight0303 said:

You remember right. Sadly the anime removed them

hmm, how unfortunate. they even skipped the dove arc. i wonder how they'll pull through with this.

Is that Dove arc you are talking about so good or important? I don't read the manga but I see many people complain about not including it.
Jul 24, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2013
Everyone keeps saying it is rushed and most of the parts are skipped...:O

I will probably read the manga after the anime is done ( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).

Apr 2013
As someone with no knowledge of the manga adaptation, this episode felt quite a bit rushed.

CrimsonMoon56 said:
Everyone keeps saying it is rushed and most of the parts are skipped...:O

I will probably read the manga after the anime is done ( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).

Ditto, looks like I might check out the manga for this too.
Powerful eyebrows.
Apr 2014
... I think I better start reading the manga now.
Jul 24, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
what a creep that guy is. it's disturbing.
Jul 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
danae17 said:
interpets said:

hmm, how unfortunate. they even skipped the dove arc. i wonder how they'll pull through with this.

Is that Dove arc you are talking about so good or important? I don't read the manga but I see many people complain about not including it.

That arc will be adapted later, but with a lot of differences and different context! That is guaranteed due to the PV!
Jul 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
danae17 said:
interpets said:

Yes, yes it is.
Jul 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Acxelion said:
Well, Shuu wasn't that surprising. In all honesty, I thought by how he is a Gourmet he tweaks the human food he obtains. I wasn't expecting him to be a cannibalistic ring leader. Honestly, his actions aren't funny in my opinion, but more interesting. Also, it feels weird listening to him because of the VA. I can't help but think its Takuto, from Star Driver, or Yogi, from Karneval, who is smelling that hanky.

Also, it is nice to learn about the one-eye ghoul thing. Its really interesting. Also, I know that everyone has been complaining about this arc thing, and its gotten my curious. How far are the English translations for this anime's manga? Or light-novel is it doesn't have a manga.

It has a manga in Weekly Young Jump, a seinen manga of Jump. The translation is already at chapter 90.
Jul 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
yangnisa said:
... I think I better start reading the manga now.

Yeah... Most of us are starting to get worried ...
Jul 24, 2014 3:07 PM

Feb 2014
Duri1n said:
That was.. slightly disappointing...

I feel like a lot of character interactions are missing... there wasnt very much buildup to the final trap scene. This is kinda unfortunate... frm the comments, Kaneki wasnt even supposed to be as naive as he seems to be in the anime, which sucks... I really wished they didn't rush things.... As a non-manga reader, even i can tell several scenes seem to be missing... the fact that it took so little time for Kaneki to fall in to trap makes me see Kaneki in a bad light... had they taken their time, I would've understood why Kaneki might've fallen under the charm of the gourmet. But in the anime, it took a grand total of 2 meetings -_-... jeez...

Animation quality kinda dropped in this episode. Was not impressed by the Taro chasing Kaneki part... and the censoring when Gourmet tore Taro apart was just... awfull.... like, really horrible...

Damn... and the story seemed so interesting. Judging from the comments, a lot of things about ghouls could've been explained and explored in this arc. About how they're curious about human tastes, how they try to understand how different ingredients and seasoning tastes. How desperate some of them are to taste what humans taste... but, since they rushed it, I didn't really understand what was going on until I came onto the forums...

It's really too bad... I hope later episodes dont suffer frm this rushed pacing. I also hope they'll use the scenes they cut out in the next episode? But honestly, some damage was already done when they let Kaneki fall into the trap so fast in this episode, imo
Yeah man, some things that the anime didn't show:
And other few things that I don't recall now.

This anime dropped from 9 to 5 score (imo) since I started watching it. It's way too fast! This way there wont be any character development at all :/

Though the manga is pretty good.

Apr 2012
i thought he was gonna rape him not eat him

was hoping Kaneki was gonna tear all those ghouls limb from limb
Sep 2013
Tsukiyama is total creep. Kaneki should of been more on his guard from the start. At least he made it out alive but Touka even warned him to be weary. Poor Touka cant eat any human food was sad.
Jul 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
Tsukiyama reminds me of Hisoka

Jul 24, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
CrimsonMoon56 said:
( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).
Don't do this, you'll miss a lot of things.

Jared3318 said:
I thought that I was the only that thought like this. It would be awesome if it was the same voice actor XD
Jul 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
As a manga reader this adaption is turning out to be a mess. This series has drop from a 8 to a 7 imo. I'm still enjoying it, but they're skipping way too much even if they're re arranging scenes, this adaption will still be rushed, it's also looking like this series will be 12-13 episode.
Jul 24, 2014 3:27 PM

Mar 2013
jiyoan said:
CrimsonMoon56 said:
( but of course I will read untill the chapter where anime leaves off ).

Jared3318 said:
I thought that I was the only that thought like this. It would be awesome if it was the same voice actor XD

But I just want to read the chapters about this season.( to be able to see what I'd miss) And I will wait for the second season with hope...
Jul 24, 2014 3:30 PM
Oct 2010
Is that dude supposed to be an eccentric or a homosexual?
Jul 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2014
After marathoning the manga (it's fucking amazing) I decided to try the anime out again despite saying I'd wait for the uncensored version. All I have to say is: Terrible and convoluted shitstain of an adaptation. Dropped.

The only good thing about this adaptation is the OST. That's it.
Jul 24, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
CrimsonMoon56 said:
jiyoan said:

But I just want to read the chapters about this season.( to be able to see what I'd miss) And I will wait for the second season with hope...

This anime adaption was just to boost manga sales. Don't hold your breath for a season 2. Just saying.
Jul 24, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
I read somewhere that Episode 6 is when
Jul 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
Am I the only that has a bad taste in his mouth about one Single detail that was left off?
Like the Mother ghoul Mistaking her Human baby in her Womb and her Body would eat it Mistaking it for Food/Nutrients.
Also where's the Other people who were supposed to be eaten alongside with Kaneki?
That was intense when those same people who Kaneki tried to protect Thrown him to the Butcherer to Save themselves.That was interesting because we got to see how Disgusting sides of human.
Also I'm not particularly amused with "Switching" around Arcs.I would have enjoyed The other Ghoul viewers Yelling"Is that Eye patch,The one who Fought and Defeated the dove?!" but that's just me.
Don't give me Sh- about Arranging events to suit the pacing,How is that different because they're Still gonna show everything but in a Different order of events?

They'd better not Butcher Chapter 60-80 Because that's the Most important Character development for Kaneki and I hope they don't pull Some Shennannigans and Mess with the order and ruin it.

Jul 24, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to complain about.
Great episode, as always.
I want to see more badass Kaneki!
Jul 24, 2014 3:44 PM
Sep 2008
Just started watching Tokyo Ghoul and am doing weekly video reviews for each episode. Please check them out if you have time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7nLSxVo1E&feature=youtu.be

I've been noticing lots of manga fans pointing things skipped over in the anime. Lots of those details are actually quite interesting and I'm sure they would have helped the anime. At the same time from an anime only perspective I've been enjoying it quite a bit and all seems to pretty much make sense so far.....(beyond them just randomly being at the mansion and Kenkei...showering?)
Jul 24, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, the Gourmet was really hilarious somehow. The way he tried to be subtle but was always going crazy.

Ken, you fell for such an easy trap... Also, WHY DON'T YOU USE YOUR DAMN KAGUNE?!

The trio with Uta, Itori and Yomo is cool. I would like to see more of them. Also, is it me or Itori somehow implied that she was one-eyed..?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2014 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
This series a seinen series, so I don't understand the colour change in the blood? Isn't this series air in late night? attack on titan and hunter x hunter are both shounen but it doesn't censor stuff this badly?
Jul 24, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2011
That guy was creepy nuff said.
Jul 24, 2014 4:00 PM

Jun 2013
So I'm not going to get to see Uta's reaction walking in on Touka and Kaneki after they finished training...sigh.

Very awful episode, just painful to watch, I was trying to treat this as a stand alone series and was trying not to compare it to the manga all the time but damn, this is just too much.

Why is Kaneki so stupid in the anime?

Well at-least they got Tsukiyama's character right!
Jul 24, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Damn, the Gourmet was really hilarious somehow. The way he tried to be subtle but was always going crazy.

Ken, you fell for such an easy trap... Also, WHY DON'T YOU USE YOUR DAMN KAGUNE?!

The trio with Uta, Itori and Yomo is cool. I would like to see more of them. Also, is it me or Itori somehow implied that she was one-eyed..?

He was supposed to use his Kagune on this arc.But Stupid directors messed around with course of the events and Removed a Lot of interesting stuff like There were other people that Were being butchered along with Kaneki.
Also In the manga He didn't Willingly follow Gourmet like an idiot,He had a reason to follow him in the manga.He needed to find information so He purposely accepted the invitation.
The adaptation is being ruined and I recommend the manga right now Since There's a ton Of Interesting Stuff they removed in the Anime,Probably to avoid Censoring more Individual deaths? I don't know Avoid paying additional Voice actors?

Jul 24, 2014 4:05 PM

Mar 2014
The censoring makes me sad ;-;
Jul 24, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Seems like im going to read manga.I love the idea, but i don't like how it's executed.
Jul 24, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2008
They sure chose an appropriate voice for Tsukiyama. Miyano Mamoru is really good at getting under my skin with the characters he voices. All of them.
Jul 24, 2014 4:11 PM
Apr 2013
Yukari Tamura gets all the crazy girls. Mamoru Miyano gets all the crazy guys.

If they are rushing, I'm not noticing it that much. In fact, the episode felt slow.
Jul 24, 2014 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
I want to watch the next episode sooooooo hard! This anime is driving me crazier than SAO and Akame ga Kill! o_O
Jul 24, 2014 4:33 PM
May 2014
Well, I didn't expect much from Studio Pierrot and these last episodes confirmed it. Production values are low, pacing is rushed as an adaption and as an anime, transition between scenes are awkward and badly done and the directing is bad. I'm disappointed because this had a lot of potential but it looks like it's going to be a slightly better Black Bullet clone. I recommend to read the manga if you're not one of those animeonly viewers.

Putting this on-hold and dropping score from 8 to 6-5
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Sep 2013
The most retarded shit I've seen since Deadman Wonderland.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 24, 2014 4:57 PM

Mar 2014
Knight_Artorias said:
The most retarded shit I've seen since Deadman Wonderland.

This is the best comment so far in this thread.
Jul 24, 2014 5:01 PM
Nov 2009
can someone explain to me how a kitchen knife being thrusted as hard as he can can't cut the skin of a ghoul as seen when he first discovered he was a ghoul, but a cracked tea cup he barely touches can cut him? That bothered me for the entirety of the second half of the episode :/
Jul 24, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2013
I was looking forward to this episode the most. I wanted to see that one scene with Kaneki and the heavy woman battle it out with Taro. :( Oh well.

There's always other episodes to look forward to.
Jul 24, 2014 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
zulux21 said:
can someone explain to me how a kitchen knife being thrusted as hard as he can can't cut the skin of a ghoul as seen when he first discovered he was a ghoul, but a cracked tea cup he barely touches can cut him? That bothered me for the entirety of the second half of the episode :/
You see, it could cut him because it was a special cup, a special cup with coffee in it. And as we all know, coffee has a very special effect on Ghouls. So if a cup has coffee in it, it can hurt a Ghoul even if he barely touches it. Another term to describe this phenomenon is called "bad writing".
Jul 24, 2014 5:07 PM

Mar 2013
zulux21 said:

It was explained in the manga. This arc was suppose to be after the "Amon and Mado" stuff, but I guess Studio Pierrot wanted to mix it around.

Gourmet brought in a
Jul 24, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
rinstincts said:
It was explained in the manga. This arc was suppose to be after the "Amon and Mado" stuff, but I guess Studio Pierrot wanted to mix it around.

Gourmet brought in a
So the tea cup was set up to hurt the MC?
Jul 24, 2014 5:16 PM
Nov 2009
rinstincts said:

Gourmet brought in a

I see, well ideally they touch on it at some point, I might just give the manga a read (just what has been animated so far) to compare and see if things flow a bit better... as all I got from this episode is tea cups can kill ghouls and the main character is more trusting of a stranger that is clearly trying super hard to get into his pants, then the people who have saved him multiple times and told him to stay away.

I read in here there was more interactions with those two cut, but just watching the anime I was rooting for the main character to die due to how stupid and gullible he is (this is what the third or 4th ghoul outside of the cafe (or people introduced to him by cafe people) he has interacted with and they have all ended horribly... he should be getting it by now.):/
Jul 24, 2014 5:20 PM
Jul 2013
Lmfao

Atleast the Kaneki now has protection, or maybe he just wants to eat him alone.
Jul 24, 2014 5:41 PM
Jun 2012
Fun Fact: The voice actor of Tsukiyama Shuu, Miyano Mamoru, also voiced Dent from Pokemon, who is known for his catchphrase: "It's tasting time!".
Jul 24, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2014
kikohunter said:
Well, I didn't expect much from Studio Pierrot and these last episodes confirmed it. Production values are low, pacing is rushed as an adaption and as an anime, transition between scenes are awkward and badly done and the directing is bad. I'm disappointed because this had a lot of potential but it looks like it's going to be a slightly better Black Bullet clone. I recommend to read the manga if you're not one of those animeonly viewers.

It's only been 4 episodes, calm down please.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jul 24, 2014 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Knight_Artorias said:
rinstincts said:

Gourmet brought in a
So the tea cup was set up to hurt the MC?
No. But the cup itself is indeed made of
which the studio failed to tell us. If I say anymore of how this
is made, it will spoil it.
Jul 24, 2014 5:59 PM
May 2014
Tarheelram said:
kikohunter said:

It's only been 4 episodes, calm down please.

Well besides episode 1 they all share the same proboems I stated. Is it really hard to be able to put out a decent product that doesn't look like a video a bunch of kids did for a school projecr for these fucking studios?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.