Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 24, 2014 12:18 PM
Sep 2011
This show is pretty so I'll probably keep watching it, but it's really not very good so far.I don't really feel anything for any of the characters yet so the drama just ends up being boring. Maybe it will get better when they do something with the future sight though, I dunno.
Jul 24, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2011
Kakeru and Yanagi's ship is starting to sail... and Hiro, why you sleeping on a date with the girl you like? Oh great. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
Kakeru and his dad have a really nice house. I wish I lived in a modern house like that.

I should have expected at least one major cliche per episode like this episode's "misunderstanding from a distance".
Jul 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
best part about the anime in the beginning the chickens
best part about this episode the chickens
snooze
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
And the misunderstandings begin
Jul 24, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
bloodiemonster said:
best part about the anime in the beginning the chickens
best part about this episode the chickens
snooze

It's because those chickens are fabulous

Jul 24, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
OG-3 said:
Um, is this anime even trying to be good anymore? This episode was full of useless scenes like Yanagi saying 'It's going to rain' and Okikura saying 'The rain has stopped'. Some parts were completely random. Like some other person said last week, I don't friggin' know these people and I don't care about their drama and stuff. Instead of showing us how some girl eats pudding or some other girl is drawing chickens, show us some plot. The story has something to do with seeing future and stuff, but so far, nothing about it is clear, like, why is it happening. I think this anime is one of the examples why slice of life shows about high schoolers doing things they do shouldn't involve plot elements from other genres. I would enjoy Glasslip much more if it was about Touko making glass stuff (wasn't this anime originally going to be about that?). I'm continuing to watch this show just to see how everything will be wrapped up, honestly. I'm not bitching, I know I can just 'not watch' it, but I guess I still have or at least want to have faith in this anime.

omg so true! All I see is nice visuals but little plot :/
Jul 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
So Okikura's mother was a composer.
And of course that misunderstanding was going to happen.
Jonathan is back.
Jul 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
incoming fabricated drama
Jul 24, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
less romance shit, more future stuff pls
lol
Jul 24, 2014 2:41 PM

Mar 2012
I let out an audible "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when touka saw okikura with yana. If this brings back the chances of friendzone dude i swear on me mum ill bash someones fookin ead in
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jul 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Jun 2013
Hiro probably was too excited that he didn't get much sleep LOL
Jul 24, 2014 3:01 PM
Mar 2013
lolol at the people expecting plot in a slice-of-life. Oh well, im still aboard the Touko x Yuki ship~
Jul 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
Well, nothing much standing out except for Hiro sleeping while watching the movie lol. Let's just pray it will get better on the next 9 eps ahead..
Keep moving forward
Jul 24, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
Damn misunderstandings.
Jul 24, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
hahailham1 said:
Anyone knows why Yanagi and Yukinari live together? Did the "kazoku" word in this episode literally means "family" because they dont bear same family name. I'm getting confused here, maybe i missed something in the first 3 episode?
I was wondering that myself, what the heck is going on there? Cousins maybe?

Have to say this show is getting pretty random now! Hopefully the incoming complications will create some pace and story and get things moving. Also I'm hoping for some explanations of... well a lot of things really!
Jul 24, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2014
YES! FINALLY! JOHNATHAN RETURNS! I guess in episode 1 it was more of a "take a chicken to your house day" rather than "keep this chicken as a pet".

But honestly, this romance drama is pretty bad. Some of it was way too predictable. Like when Touko sees Yanagi and Kakeru together as she was walking home from school, right after realizing: "I love Okikura-kun?". That's some great eye-roll material.

Also, Touko really needs to sit down. She was like: *gasp* "You're here to see me??" every time Yukinari opened his mouth. Really, Touko, is that surprising? He confessed his love for you.

And what was up with Sachi in the hospital? Touko's vision of the future was correct and Sachi was actually hospitalized. I was actually worried for Sachi and I wanted to find out what happened to her but then: Oh look, Yanagi hurt her foot. And then Sachi is reading at her house. What??? Give me a reason to care about this "seeing into the future" stuff. If the events come true and are only briefly mentioned then that's just useless!

On a brighter note, I'm glad that Sachi and Hiro were able to get together. I'm happy for them! Although Hiro probably shouldn't be sleeping on his first date.

So far this show is 6/10 at best. However, I still think the animation and ost are really pretty so 7/10 maybe. But that's a stretch.
Noodle070Jul 24, 2014 4:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
the clumsy way of Touko let her really cute, but at the same time she seems to be very innocent, Yanagi seems much more mature and attractive and already Kakeru has a different way of treating the girls, I would like to see a love triangle between those 3
the other characters are not so expressive, I think they should evolve more
This episode was full of jealousies, but that marked the end, it was Touko fleeing after seeing Yanagi and Kakeru together, I think she's really enjoying his after all
more drama, jealousies, tears, smiles and hopefully also plot twists happen in the anime chickabiddy of the season ..
just for the record the scenarios in this anime are beautiful ..
Jul 24, 2014 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
rsc-pl said:

Great date :D

Props to him for scoring a date. But it looks like he didn't score on the date.
Jul 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
Just to recap for those who missed it, Yanagi and Yukari are unrelated-by-blood step-siblings. He considers her his sister, she has a different relationship in mind. And just to head off the "ewwwww, incest!" comments: it seems that there is no legal impediment in Japan to unrelated step-siblings marrying or developing a relationship and when this crops up in an anime it doesn't seem to raise much of a fuss (unlike the negative reaction that occurs when a "forbidden" romance between actual siblings is suggested).

As to the negative reaction to the pace and plot, if you aren't happy with what this is by now you should probably drop it. While the clairvoyance and clairaudience are part of the plot, they seem to be more of a way of complicating matters rather than being the focus. This is ostensibly SOL Romance and seems to be paced more like a European "Art Film" with a lot less dialogue or "action". The animation, backgrounds, and OST seem to be carrying things just now, but if you think about it we've gotten a lot of information about most of the main cast and their relationships. This episode you really got to see how the carefree Hiro is trying his best to get interested in the things that the intellectual Sachi is (including reading a fairly difficult work by a pre-world-war-two French writer), without much success. While Sachi is willing to allow him to come over, and goes out on a date with him to the movies, she seems curiously passive and uninvolved. The whole scene between Yukari and Kakeru was choreographed to the weather with the storm gathering as the two of them go about their unrelated tasks, then bursting forth as their paths intersect and he ends up clutching her, followed by that nice shot of her face emerging from the hood as the sun breaks through.

I also wouldn't judge where we are going to end up quite yet. Remember that most people thought this was going to be a show about glass-blowing.... This episode the only real reference to that was when Touko's father warned her to "Pay attention to what she was doing or she was going to get hurt," or words to that effect...nice bit of foreshadowing perhaps. Anyway, I always think that if I am going to see an "Art Film", I'm not going to complain at the lack of car chases...
rodacJul 24, 2014 6:29 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 24, 2014 5:35 PM
Jun 2014
Loved this episode because of the Yanagi X Kakeru scene <3
Everybody believes it's goin' to be Toko X Kakeru, but i don't think so, especially because it's already episode 4 and we didn't get to see a Toko X Kakeru scene.
Found this at Glasslips official website
Guess who Kakeru is looking at ...
Jul 24, 2014 6:03 PM
Mar 2013
iNorichann1 said:
Loved this episode because of the Yanagi X Kakeru scene <3
Everybody believes it's goin' to be Toko X Kakeru, but i don't think so, especially because it's already episode 4 and we didn't get to see a Toko X Kakeru scene.
Found this at Glasslips official website
Guess who Kakeru is looking at ...

haha it's gonna be another Nagi no Asukara. But this time, I actually don't mind! Yuki and Touko OTP
Jul 24, 2014 6:18 PM

Aug 2013
Nothing happened but when you think about it, it's the perfect episode for the incoming clusterf*ck.

Highlight of the episode: JONATHAN.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2014
As it's been mentioned already, Yanagi and Yukinari are step siblings. The official website description says that Yanagi's mom died when she was young and her father remarried. Yuki is the son of her father's second wife, and that's why they live together. It also says that she's helping Yuki with his rehabilitation (he's a track club member who is currently in rehabilitation) - this showed in the secon episode, and in the third episode, before they leave the mountains, there's a scene of Yanagi praying in a shrine with Yuki's running sneakers. More than praiying for their relationship, it was probably her praying for him to recover quickly and to be able to run as he loves to.

Well, with how the series it's going, I don't think they will bring up the information of them being siblings as to introduce and clarify it to the audience. Maybe they will explain more of it though in the next episode, seeing how it seems Yanagi and Yuki are going to talk, but it also seems as though this and the fact that she's helping him rehabilitate won't be explained further since it was done in the desccriptions and in the anime event before the series aired.

Ah, by the way, just in case this isn't clear either, Yanagi is training to be a model. That's what her lessons are.
Jul 24, 2014 7:24 PM
Jul 2014
I am bored out of my skull with Glasslip. It's like Nagi No Asukara but done so poorly. Not quite sure if it could pick up. The characters are bland as anything, the plot seems to be going nowhere quickly and the romance is predictable as fuck.
Jul 24, 2014 7:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Madara31 said:
Hopefully it'll get better soon, or it could stay mediocre throughout like Red Data Girl.

Idk I found Izumiko at least more interesting to watch than Touko. I actually thought RDG was pretty good overall, nothing too great but still good. Glasslip though is quite different since it's very slice of life. We literally just see the main cast doing whatever they're doing in their normal life and there's no clear plot at all so far. I'm really wondering if this is the calm before the storm thing or it'll stay this way the whole time. I'm sure the seeing the future thing should come more into play later at least, after all, Touko's medium is glass and this show is called Glasslip. I'm liking the characters slightly more this episode though, like Yuki and him trying to be normal (but still showing that he does like Touko) but not being too much of a prick about Touko possibly liking Kakeru.
Jul 24, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2013
Boring episode (so far?)

But still, chickens are the best

Jul 24, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
Really he finally gets to have a date with her and he basically passes out in the movie theater. Please do not kill you chances before you can make any progress.

Great episode!!!
Jul 24, 2014 8:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though he wasn't in this episode much, I'm likeing Kakeru everytime I see him :)

I really hope that this love square doesn't go down

And poor Sachi...The dude fell asleep lol
Jul 24, 2014 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
Oh geez this might actually turn out to be PAs Miss of the season at this rate

been waiting and waiting i still don't know anything about them at least that one guy got his date despite being asleep during it lol SMH
Jul 24, 2014 8:46 PM

May 2011
Could it be that they written Glasslip with the thought of having a 2-cour series but somewhere along the line something happened and it became 1-cour?

I really think that if we can get a mulligan and make this 2-cour, this show will be at least 2x better.
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Jul 24, 2014 8:57 PM

Nov 2011

Yeah, that isn't creepy at all.
Jul 24, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2014
is touka getting jealous? the story just keeps getting interesting...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 24, 2014 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
Feaor said:
If this was a 2-cour show I'd be much less concerned about the start so far but seeing as its a 1-cour show, it feels like they're squandering their time. There are too many scenes which are unnecessary or don't do enough that they're wasting the limited time they have.

Yes, I think since it's only 13-eps, it will probably get really rushed towards the end (or maybe a cliff-hanger?). Really unfortunate.

And, as everybody else has said, I hate the "misunderstandings." But I'm still totally for the Yuki x Touko ship. Yana x Kakeru is such a better pair (She just does not deserve Yuki imo).

Why can't the ships just go the way we want for once? DX

And Hiro sleeping on his first date with Sacchan?? Really? I don't even...

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Jul 24, 2014 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is such shit tbh. It's a shame because I had really high hopes for this after PA set the bar so high with NagiAsu.

I feel that PA was like "wow everyone loved Nagi so much, I guess they must have loved the two different sets of love triangles in the show over EVERYTHING else in the show. Well how bout this then? We take that concept, and put it on fucking steroids and make it it's own show! Everyone will love it!"......then Glasslip was born.

Had this been a 2 cour show, I probably wouldn't be as upset right now, but it's only goingto be 12 episodes and it's gone NOWHERE so far.

The difference between this show and Nagi was that Nagi had all the romance, but downplayed it a lot during most of the first cour, in favor of character development, and introducing all of the fantastic and unique aspects of Land and Shioshishio together. Then in the second cour they flip flopped and made the romance the focal point, while still also unraveling more of Shioshishio's mysteries. And they did all of this in 26 episodes.

Glasslip, on the other hand, is like, "hey, ya wanna see some cool supernatural stuff about a girl being able to see the future? Oh, you do? ok, WELL TOO BAD FUCK YOU HERE'S A LOVE HEXAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!"
...or something along those lines lol
Jul 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Jun 2007
What's her face was using her single crutch wrong...*flips table over*
Jul 24, 2014 9:44 PM
Oct 2008
... Four Episodes and nothing really of interest has happened.
Jul 24, 2014 10:02 PM
Sep 2011
I have to say...this is shaping up to be a lot like Nagi no Asukara...especially the romance (the exception being that this has a much slower developing plot).
Jul 24, 2014 10:30 PM

May 2011
OK, someone doesn't know how to use crutches. No wonder she stumbled when she tried to walk with it, she's got it on the wrong side!

Jul 24, 2014 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
i wish we'd get to see more of sachi and hiro, because the relationship between these two is more interesting than anything else in this series so far.
Jul 24, 2014 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
Another episode where Kakeru almost gets no character development with very minor appearance. Kinda annoyed by that, he's the only interesting character so far...

Still got no idea of what the story is though...

Negative comments aside, still got faith that this series could get better... or worse.
HarotarosJul 24, 2014 11:10 PM
Jul 24, 2014 11:26 PM

Aug 2013
Barrian14 said:
I am bored out of my skull with Glasslip. It's like Nagi No Asukara but done so poorly. Not quite sure if it could pick up. The characters are bland as anything, the plot seems to be going nowhere quickly and the romance is predictable as fuck.

That is actually a really accurate assessment of Glasslip atm, NGL. Lack of racism, parental conflicts, and varied characters basically makes this a terribly dumbed-down Nagi no Asukara.

I really hope this picks up quickly. And soon.
Jul 24, 2014 11:29 PM

Jan 2014
Does anyone else keep thinking their screen has frozen when they use those stills? I rewound the video because they did one during the rain scene, then when it started playing, I thought it froze again, but then I was like "Ohhhh..."
I did the exact same thing last week when they froze on a picture of a ship.
Jul 24, 2014 11:53 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Ermm, I think this one's a lost cause...

The SoL isn't actually that good, I enjoyed it at the start but it's getting bland with these characters I barely know so halfway I just stopped caring and all that paranormal future sight stuff basically took a back seat to what- give us an unneeded breather, I mean nothing's happened, yet from the looks of it something's supposed to in the future.
Jul 25, 2014 1:02 AM

Apr 2010
Another nothing episode, time to stop watching, there's not enough about the whole seeing the future aspect of it, and the SoL aspect itself is boring.
Jul 25, 2014 1:04 AM
May 2011
I wouldn't put the chances too high on SachixHiro pair. It is already hinted that Sachi is in love with Touko and she is a lesbian it seems. I don't this pairing has any chance.

Yukinari is annoying and full of jealousness. He doesn't deserve Touko but Yannagi who is similar to him.

Yannagi is clearly in love with her step-brother. She is like copy of Chisaki from Nagi no Asukara. We may see something similar for her but I wouldn't want it. Even though there is a chance for Yannagi to start having feelings towards David I don't think this pair has a real chance in the end.

Touko is naive girl. The question is when she realizes what she actually wants. Maybe the fact that she saw Yannagi and David may help her to start understanding that.
Jul 25, 2014 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
God, this is show is terrible... It's like they took all the flaws in Nagi no Asukara and condensed it in 12 episodes.
Well, at least on the bright side, at least Yanagi confessed her douche move to Touko. That sh*t bothered me to no end, it was actually the only thing that got me to react emotionally in this whole show so far. She should now tell this to Yuki, so that he actually may have a chance to fix the situation.
Jul 25, 2014 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
silverwalls said:
i wish we'd get to see more of sachi and hiro, because the relationship between these two is more interesting than anything else in this series so far.

Yes thank you.

Also, I can't believe even the classic music was used as lame plot device, but eh.
Jul 25, 2014 1:32 AM

May 2014
OG-3 said:
Um, is this anime even trying to be good anymore? This episode was full of useless scenes like Yanagi saying 'It's going to rain' and Okikura saying 'The rain has stopped'. Some parts were completely random. Like some other person said last week, I don't friggin' know these people and I don't care about their drama and stuff. Instead of showing us how some girl eats pudding or some other girl is drawing chickens, show us some plot. The story has something to do with seeing future and stuff, but so far, nothing about it is clear, like, why is it happening. I think this anime is one of the examples why slice of life shows about high schoolers doing things they do shouldn't involve plot elements from other genres. I would enjoy Glasslip much more if it was about Touko making glass stuff (wasn't this anime originally going to be about that?). I'm continuing to watch this show just to see how everything will be wrapped up, honestly. I'm not bitching, I know I can just 'not watch' it, but I guess I still have or at least want to have faith in this anime.

My thoughts exactly! I was very disappointed with this episode, nothing is happening!
Jul 25, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
5Wishes said:
lolol at the people expecting plot in a slice-of-life. Oh well, im still aboard the Touko x Yuki ship~

Hanasaku Iroha was a great SoL with nice plot.
I never saw a Slice of Life as boring as Glasslip, with no bit of a story at all (except for the common cute-girls-doing-cute-things SoLs).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.