Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 24, 2014 2:53 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly, I definitely notice the whole belittlement idea that runs through yaoi,
but from the author's perspective, I can see why it was included.

I think the author uses it as a tool not necessarily to drive the plot (as there usually is not plot) but it definitely adds to characterization.
You certainly don't have to agree with me, and in no way am I justifying this slipped sexual harassment scene, but if you look at it from that perspective, you see Ryouma as an individual who is unable to control himself. He is unable to control his lust and his desire for Izumi and the first sign of this is when he completely lost it during the shoot and it is so extreme he even went as far to Izumi's house to confront him. I know it doesn't make the situation any better, but I can see why the author added it in. It shows how messed up it is in his head- the denial, the chaos, and basically a large mess. His horrible actions are a physical representation of his inner desires that he is unable to suppress.

If you feel sad after watching this episode, I sympathize as it gave me the same initial response.

The way I saw it later was that Ryouma is in total disbelief at the situation and reduced to such a state that he is "broken down". This in some way reassured me that he knows what he did is wrong. Sexual harassment is not permitted + attacking the defenseless is a crime.
The realization part and how he is terrified at himself and of how Izumi will now hate him in someway reassures me that
AT LEAST this entire ordeal is not supporting the crime. Even in the slightest bit it sheds light on his wrongdoings.

Most yaoi mangas will often completely brush off the consequences and offer an unrealistic outcome.
EarlCielJul 24, 2014 3:10 PM
Jul 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
Man I love Shougo's voice XD So much. It's so... unique. It matches the character so well.

I knew that assault scene was coming since I read a little of the manga :X I hate that sort of thing in yaoi... Really wish it wasn't so common. Also that pink "censoring" was freakin' ridiculous. Like wtf...?

Ah well. I hope nothing else like that happens ">.> Not the best episode but I'm not deterred at all.
Jul 24, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2011
Im really interested in that one guy with glasses in Izumi's manga club at campus, i find him hotter than Ryouma :P
i wonder if he's going to have a more important role later
Jul 24, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2011
I did feel uneasy about the assault but I can't say I didn't expect it given how so many other yaoi series at least make some use of it. >.>; But it was pretty entertaining to see Ryouma all freaked out by the end.
Jul 25, 2014 12:04 AM

Jan 2014
ok dropped it , that was enough for me as a man , i already know what is my limit XD i could approve shounen ai , but this show really gave me scary thoughts XD
Jul 25, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2010
I just fell in love with the OP. And I don't even know why they censored Ryouma into pink. PINK.

Daigo's VA needs to work harder. He isn't bad but he doesn't have much of a range either.

Another good episode and the ED is strangely addictive.
Jul 25, 2014 12:54 PM

Feb 2012
The censoring was pretty lame, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to not be censored.
Jul 25, 2014 1:46 PM

May 2014
Was really surprised by this show...it really isn't too bad, and has some hilarious moments. Shougo's voice though..so bad, it's good...I think I'm getting used to it now.
Jul 25, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
I don't hate Love Stage, but I'm feeling sad after this episode.

Yep. I've been pleasantly surprised by how genuinely funny the comedy was, Izumi is pretty endearing, and the story has the potential to be really cute. So mixed feelings about this whole thing but I'll keep watching.

EarlCiel said:
Honestly, I definitely notice the whole belittlement idea that runs through yaoi,
but from the author's perspective, I can see why it was included.
<Please refer to EarlCiel's complete comment on page 2>
AT LEAST this entire ordeal is not supporting the crime. Even in the slightest bit it sheds light on his wrongdoings.

(sorry about cutting out part of the quote, just didn't want to make this response longer than it is already haha -v-')

EarlCiel said:
Most yaoi mangas will often completely brush off the consequences and offer an unrealistic outcome.

I think that by this you mean the situation of assault directly leading to the victim falling for his assailant? (with no remorse on the part of the assailant)

I guess from that point of view at least Ryouma seems to realize that what he did was wrong. But at this point it seems that he's more worried about his own sexual orientation rather than Izumi's well-being.

I do agree with your points on why the author decided to include this situation, but I think it's problematic that (in the more stereotypical examples of yaoi) gay/bi/etc men are overwhelmingly portrayed as having such uncontrollable sexual desire that leads to them being seemingly unable to communicate their feelings except through assault. I think there are a mixture of reasons for why this happens (pressure to introduce sex into the story early to hook new readers, manga and anime as the realm of fantasy, stereotypes)

Of course, there are plenty of counterexamples to this trope. Lately BL and subtexty things have been showing up more in anime which is nice so hopefully some nice BL manga will get adapted :>
SleepyBearJul 25, 2014 4:18 PM
Jul 25, 2014 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Man, truly loving the comedies on this anime. I think i'll stick up with this, haha.
The censor felt a bit weird though 8D;
Jul 25, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
lmao the pink censoring was pretty awkward but pretty decent still. glad it toned down a bit. edit - yeah just read the manga version and the anime really went down a notch. but pink censoring????? really??????

overall, solid episode. loving the romcom antics as usual.
MayukaJul 25, 2014 7:10 PM
Jul 25, 2014 7:26 PM

Feb 2011
IT WAS SO GOOD. i just love this adaptation. and that censoring was good lol i like this was of censoring.
Jul 25, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
Not bad not bad.

Izumi's manga club friend is really cute omg. I hope he gets a bigger role.
Jul 26, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2012
That was uncomfortable ... I don't really see how ripping somebody's clothes off and making them cry is supposed to be sexy.
Jul 26, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2012
I find it hilarious that Ryouma is voiced by Hachiman from OreGairu and they're experiencing the same trap problem. although not as explicit as ryouma I guess
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jul 27, 2014 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
This ep was so funny. I really loved Izumi's reaction, but that censoring during the BL scene was completely pointless.
Jul 27, 2014 7:17 PM

Sep 2007
I have mixed feelings about that censoring as well....on the one hand it seems like there was only some kissing and touching since anything a little more was already blocked by smart positioning on the animator's parts....so it seemed kinda overkill....

On the other hand....I'm glad it was sparkles and not something obnoxious...although 'making out' with a blob is just as awkward as if it wasn't there....

urrraaaaggghhh I guess at the end of the season I'd still want to see a non censored version.

But yeah outside of that the lol moments and d'awww moments still got me hooked (never thought it would hook me this much)
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 29, 2014 7:12 PM
Apr 2014
fuven said:
That was uncomfortable ... I don't really see how ripping somebody's clothes off and making them cry is supposed to be sexy.

It's not, and that the scene was gross (like it should be),its was even said by Shougo and Rei that Izumi was assaulted...the whole plot now will be Ryouma trying to make up and gain Izumi's trust again.
Team_ReinhardJul 29, 2014 7:15 PM
Aug 4, 2014 5:02 PM

Apr 2010
That censorship tho. And the freak outs. Shougo and Ryouma are hilarious but I hate Shougo's voice actor. He just sounds....weird. I don't know. I don't like it on bit!
Sep 2, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
Wow im really loving this anime and all the characters especially Izumi :)
Sep 12, 2014 7:35 AM

Jun 2011
fuven said:
Doesn't meant it couldn't be sexy. I don't see how people could actually be sexually aroused when they are engaging in BDSM, but doesn't change the fact that some people like the spanking.
Tsundere_Louise said:
but that censoring during the BL scene was completely pointless.
Not really, for me at least. It works better that way, for various reasons.

This is so far quite good, I just hope that Izumi wouldn't fall in love with Ryoma for no reason after his attempted rape, like a lot of shoujo smut or yaoi.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2012
Hmm okay... well this is a shounen-ai after all but still... Let's just hope it doesn't get too influenced... Let's see what's next though

Lol at them pink elephants and remember kids Rape is bad mkay!
Oct 15, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2011
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOWWWWWW
I almost lost myself when Ryouma was the pink blur and his head was above izumi's bare self. wow, this show just got 10 xs greater in my opinion. I should probably refrain from watching it in public like i just watched this episode because i was laughing a lot and kind of embarrassed but hey it's all good fun!~!! :D
Oct 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
It just can't be yaoi without rape, can it?

sigh

Izumi's brother's voice actor is kind of annoying and flat.
Nov 26, 2014 2:00 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is leaving me slightly uncomfortable but in a good way
Jan 31, 2015 4:43 AM

Apr 2012
LOL that dream n then that (almost) RAPE
Jul 10, 2015 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was creepy x.x
Oct 27, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2015
This is priceless. It's really interesting to see the doting older brother who thinks his younger brother is the cutest thing in the world and is overprotective about things like relationships. Usually you see that with older sisters so this is an interesting change of pace.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 13, 2016 3:23 PM

Sep 2015
Fuuuuuh I thought it was going to get even more steamier then

lmao I just realized big bro's pose is based on real japanese talent DAIGO XD
Nov 24, 2016 4:10 AM

Jun 2007
it was as great as previous eps except for the assault part. the guy was in tears damn
love shougo's voice a tonn
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 16, 2017 10:16 PM
Mar 2017
I'm a guy, so I'm having a whole mix of feelings while watching this anime.
Still hilarious though.
Nov 12, 2018 6:45 PM
Oct 2018
I loved the bluff about it being all a dream, especially after drinking a tear lol. Very funny series, really enjoying watching Ryoma struggle with his feelings, I accept though this could do with a bit more plot ;-)
Dec 25, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2013
THIS EPISODE HAD ME NERVOUS LOL. I HAD TO TURN DOWN MY VOLUME (my ear buds are broken). >/////< YiKES, lolololol x'D

Shougo best aniki <3 You KO that Ryouma! XD
Apr 3, 2019 10:22 AM
Dec 2018
I wonder how this anime would be like if Studio DEEN adapted it
Feb 23, 2021 1:19 PM

Sep 2017
This episode's scenes were a blessing.
We are blessed to be on this earth and be able to watch this episode.

Thank you,
Mikiyo Tsuda, thank you so much.
You are a saint among common humans.
May 1, 2021 12:04 AM

Jan 2021
WHY CENSORSHIP WHYY ╥﹏╥
Nov 17, 2022 6:13 PM
Feb 2022
Ryouma fue a la casa de Izumi con el único objetivo de sacárselo de la cabeza para siempre, pero casi lo termina violando. Menos mal que el hermano de Izumi apareció para pararlo.
Nov 22, 2023 9:11 AM
Nov 2023
Okay I was mad at what Ryouma did, I was expecting it but still. I was very much thankful for shougo being there to stop it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2014

137 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

onoda - Jul 9, 2014

155 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Jul 16, 2014

104 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.