Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2014
nirunaru said:
Bluebirds22 said:
O.O Great point. Maybe I will not see Inaho as a douchb... like I see now.

Well, this type of emotional detachment is more or less common with highly gifted and intelligent people... and one reason for this might be that some are autistic. Inaho might be a very, and I mean very, slight case of AS bordelinig normal:

"Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger disorder (AD) or simply Asperger's, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome)

I actually know someone, who has AS, and I can tell that they will always get straight to the point. Sometimes it feels like being in a car crash or trying to get across mine field.

People who have this kind of disorder, don't understand concepts like common courtesy. It is just totally alien to them. They are not visiting from Mars, more likely they flew here from somewhere outside our galaxy. :D

But they don't bad mouth behind your back and are also as quick to defend anyone they consider a trusted friend. It is really refreshing and I like that, but it is kind of difficult to get used to it. Our society expects a little white lies here and there and it is a bumpy road at first. :)

Ohh yes, AS could be explain this anormal being. Thanks for the information :)
Aug 24, 2014 1:59 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru: I don't see any parallel to Gundam Seed. The princess' personality is so far generic gullible pacifist one with a couple of quirky behavior you can pull of any anime. Lacus was stronger and more commanding when she got serious, she would have taken control of that ship instead of playing along for them. Neither of the boys act like Kira or Athrun, their entire backgrounds are different too.

Inaho's set up for a big fall to keep things interesting. His sister is the likeliest candidate to die.
Aug 24, 2014 2:11 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
nirunaru: I don't see any parallel to Gundam Seed. The princess' personality is so far generic gullible pacifist one with a couple of quirky behavior you can pull of any anime. Lacus was stronger and more commanding when she got serious, she would have taken control of that ship instead of playing along for them. Neither of the boys act like Kira or Athrun, their entire backgrounds are different too.

Check the post before more in detail, the first part was on page 8. I was mostly talking about setting being similar. :) Like I said, the (Inaho/Slaine) personalities are more different than alike... Although Asseylum reminds me very much of Lacus being cute/idealistic-type and her riding Deucallion to the rescue at episode 7 reminded very much of Seed and Lacus. :)
Aug 24, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:

Check the post before more in detail, the first part was on page 8. I was mostly talking about setting being similar. :) Like I said, the (Inaho/Slaine) personalities are more different than alike... Although Asseylum reminds me very much of Lacus being cute/idealistic-type and her riding Deucallion to the rescue at episode 7 reminded very much of Seed and Lacus. :)

Asseylum didn't do anything except for giving them fuel. The person who 'rode' the ship was Nina.

I went and took a peek in Inaho's 2ch character discussion. It seems they are speculating Inko/Inaho is his end pairing. I don't know the basis, but one of them posted the following "logic":

イナホ鳥の卵→インコ 特殊END背景鳥 インコ「イナホの言ったとおり」→鷹の目
スレインOP→ウミネコ 特殊END背景姫 姫「スレインの言ったとおり」→ウミネコ

Inaho: bird's eggs → Inko (her name means parakeet/parrot) Special END with background small Birds. Inko's quote: "it is just as Inaho said!" → She has the eyes of a hawk (flag scene).
Slaine OP → black-tailed seagull. Special END background Princess. Princess' quote: "it's just as Slaine said!" → black-tailed Seagull (flag scene).

They overanalize too much, although it's true that Slaine has a seagull in his OP and the Princess in his ending, but the Inaho's part quite a bit of a stretch because they are thirsty for romance. They called this episode a Slaine/Princess romantic one and expect Inko/Inaho to get one next week, I don't know on what basis, maybe wishful thinking. "Before the War" has higher chances to have them interact peacefully.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 3:26 PM
Aug 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
They overanalize too much, although it's true that Slaine has a seagull in his OP and the Princess in his ending, the Inaho's part quite a bit of a stretch.

Lol. Well, they are having fun analyzing that.

It actually reminds me, how I was teasing my brains over Shingeki no Kyojin. The only problem was, that after I figured out some of the secrets, the tension kind of snapped and now I'm just waiting the theory to be confirmed. Waiting is certainly is more boring.

But then again, there are plenty of another manga and anime to speculate over.
nirunaruAug 24, 2014 3:33 PM
Aug 24, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:
They overanalize too much, although it's true that Slaine has a seagull in his OP and the Princess in his ending, the Inaho's part quite a bit of a stretch.

Lol. Well, they are having fun analyzing that.

It must be frustrating all the romantic fanservice is for Slaine. Marito had more than Inaho too. In my opinion, Inaho seems to set up as chaste protagonist because he's a foil to Slaine and they are supposed to be complimentary opposites. If they wanted to hint romance with him, they could have done that earlier. At least that's my opinion for now.
Aug 24, 2014 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
If they wanted to hint romance with him, they could have done that earlier. At least that's my opinion for now.

I actually kind of feel sorry for any girl who is infatuated with Inaho, if he isn't on the same wavelength. I mean he has a serious case of tunnel vision. :D
Aug 24, 2014 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:
Why are you all bringing up Gundam Seed? Arthrun is more like Inaho than Slaine and Kira is more like Slaine than Inaho. I suspect Slaine's father got him involved in his experiments.

Permit me to intervene here to clarify something: Heavenly Blue by kalafina is written from Slaine's Point of View according to the booklet (I recently purchased it), so he is likely safe.

Inaho raised his own death flag when he spoke his goal is survival. You don't do that in a mecha show, it's like "I'll tell you when I go back" flag. Or perhaps he endangered his sister or a friend by turning down Slaine as ally and declare him an enemy. I agree with you, that action will come back and haunt him, but I don't believe it'll be damaging to Slaine's or Asselyum's well being (they already got separated again thanks to his action): His sister or Inko might be killed if they face each others again. Karma is a bitch.

The speculation of the "who is the princess shooting" has become pointless because the storyboard that comes with the cd. It's an opening-exclusive scene and likely it's mean to symbolize how pained Asseylum is she has to battle when she wants peace: the enemy is everyone. The scenes that were taken from the show are notably missing in the storyboard.

I don't believe either Inaho, Slaine or Hime will die in the first season. So Slaine will be safe, at least until the end of this season.

Slaine is in Saazbaum's hand now. It's very likely that Slaine will be Inaho's enemy for the time being, and Hime is with Inaho atm. So that Op scene could be a cliff hanger for the end of this season. Aldnoah's Op scene are not so pointless if you look more carefully. That's my speculation. Yours are also speculation. We will see who is right.

I see Inaho's answer as a polite one. He fights for everyone's survival. I think he prioritize his sister to himself. We get enough hint of this. So the dead one will more likely be Yuki. I have a strong feeling that she will die next time Slaine and Inaho fight. And I'm pretty sure Inaho's goal will change after Yuki dies.

OH shit... I just realized something: Slaine might be with Saazbaum when Inaho meet him again, and this will result in further confusion. Ultimately, I think Slaine will die a tragic death with his role as Princess's enemy uncertain.
All that torture and no one will know, lol.

The worst possible ending will be Inaho marrying Asslyleum, making him Emperor of Mars and securing peace with Earth, while Slaine just stands there and watches while Inaho forever takes his waifu away from him, and then gets personally killed by Inaho, while Inaho saying something confusing "you still care about her being exploited?" or some confusing line while he dies.

I want that to be the ending.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 24, 2014 5:21 PM
Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:
chickenonthepan said:

I don't believe either Inaho, Slaine or Hime will die in the first season. So Slaine will be safe, at least until the end of this season.

Slaine is in Saazbaum's hand now. It's very likely that Slaine will be Inaho's enemy for the time being, and Hime is with Inaho atm. So that Op scene could be a cliff hanger for the end of this season. Aldnoah's Op scene are not so pointless if you look more carefully. That's my speculation. Yours are also speculation. We will see who is right.

I see Inaho's answer as a polite one. He fights for everyone's survival. I think he prioritize his sister to himself. We get enough hint of this. So the dead one will more likely be Yuki. I have a strong feeling that she will die next time Slaine and Inaho fight. And I'm pretty sure Inaho's goal will change after Yuki dies.

OH shit... I just realized something: Slaine might be with Saazbaum when Inaho meet him again, and this will result in further confusion. Ultimately, I think Slaine will die a tragic death with his role as Princess's enemy uncertain.

The worst possible ending will be Inaho marrying Asslyleum, making him Emperor of Mars and securing peace with Earth, while Slaine just stands there and watches while Inaho forever takes his waifu away from him, and then gets personally killed by Inaho, while Inaho saying something confusing "you still care about her being exploited?" or some confusing line while he dies.

A place where you can write your ending:

http://www.fanfiction.net/
Aug 24, 2014 5:35 PM

Nov 2013
A simple question about the existence of romance in this show generated 11 pages of replies with a decent amount of them being tl;dr.

The wonders of anime forums.
Aug 24, 2014 5:42 PM
Jul 2011
Botato said:
A simple question about the existence of romance in this show generated 11 pages of replies with a decent amount of them being tl;dr.

The wonders of anime forums.

It's more a mystery when there was not even a romantic text and strong subtext until episode 8 among the leads. There were a couple of implications, but this episode is the one that made them overt.
Aug 24, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 2013
All these shipping wars.

HopeLight said:
GodlyKyon said:

Personally I agree with GodlyKyon on this point, not to that extent mind you, but all indications is taht Slaine will be influenced by Saazbaum to fall into the Dark Side.

His unhealthy obsession with the Princess will turn him into the ultimate tool for the Martians to manipulate against the Terrans. Because of his belief that the Princess will be "exploited" by the Terrans, he'll come to the conclusion that the only way he can save her for real is by taking the Martians side and killing Terrans. Once that happens, the corruption begins and his journey to the darkness will begin.

On the other hand, the Princess will be happily enjoying her little excursion around the beautiful blue planet with her new found Terran friends. Once word gets out that Slaine has started to lead the attacks on his own home planet, her opinion of him will plummet, and thus she calls on mr. emotionless to either "help save her friend" or to "put an end to his madness". Romantics between Inaho and Asseylum aside, this will be the turning point of this show whereby politics and intrigue take a backseat and the entire war will then degenerate to one of "Love, Hate, and Jealousy".

That said, I see the end game as one where Slaine and the Princess are forced to face off. She'll be forced to off her dear friend for the sake of peace in the universe. Cue suffering end and reminisce of the "better times".

Gen Urobuchi makes this shit happen too much for it not to happen.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
HopeLight said:
GodlyKyon said:

That website still exists? Also, no thanks. I rather draw it out, but I am not that passionate about this series.
Aug 24, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 2011
L-Ryoshi said:

Gen Urobuchi isn't writing this show anymore. The last episode was only a fap-fantasy for Slaine fanbase who got to stare at him shirtless while getting erotic tortured while becoming a dashing romantic hero who held oh-so-strong and was so noble to point out the misguided Count's flaws and won him over before he was killed by the Evil Count (to the blatant point when the script cover by A. E. was an obvious parody of being self-aware they are doing this because it's arousing the viewers). Slaine's actions weren't portrayed as obsessive but worth of praise and nobility to move the heart of a vile racist and classist Martian enough for him to have an epiphany.

I make no comment about the speculation, because I don't think our villain will let Slaine take off his safe castle.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 6:12 PM
Aug 24, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
HopeLight said:
GodlyKyon said:

Or you may visit the page "archive of our own". There I read at least 13 fanfics about Aldnoah Zero :D
Aug 24, 2014 6:11 PM
Jul 2011
Maryruss said:
HopeLight said:

Or you may visit the page "archive of our own". There I read at least 13 fanfics :D

Archive of our own seems to have better fanfics, so I suggested the more appropriate website.
Aug 24, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2010
nirunaru said:
Well, going back to the romantical aspect, I think that Inaho needs an open minded, patient and emotionally mature person, who actually listens and reads him carefully enough to understands the true meaning both in things he is and isn't saying. And Asseylum certainly is qualified in this sense. If they develop feelings for each other is as matter of chemistry as Kaioshin_Sama said, but at this point of the time it is difficult to say how they are going to end up: friends or something more than that.

Ehhh what? Asseylum isn't "emotionally mature". She acts like a kid. She also can't understand him at all, if you actually pay attention to their interaction they are in different wavelengths. The only one who understood him is maybe Rayet and his sister.

I lol at people trying to make this a cheesy soap opera with villainous Slaine trying to disturb their OTP. He's so obsessive! That's why the show only displayed his actions on a positive light, worming Cruhteo's approval and admiration. But what do I expect from desperate Inaho/Asseylum shippers who got their pairing sunk underwater by Inaho's remark he never fought for her and by Asseylum's motivation and inspiration coming from no other than Slaine. <3

Yes, sure! He'll listen to Saazbaum! Even if he's also suspicious of Martian Knights. *eyeroll* And Saazbaum cares about Terrans and the Princess for sure, but he couldn't give a damn to land until Slaine's life was at stake. How they distort everyone personality just to excuse their shipping fantasy is the true mark of Inaho/Asseylum shippers as usual. You're ignoring the obvious fact Saazbaum is interested on Slaine while he keeps everyone else busy. They have foreshadowed this enough, didn't the "oh Slaine's dad was researching Aldnoah" raised a warning bell. Come on, we're in mecha and we know what happens to the children of mysterious scientists who happen to be protagonists.
ThessAug 24, 2014 6:30 PM
Aug 24, 2014 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
HopeLight said:
Maryruss said:

Or you may visit the page "archive of our own". There I read at least 13 fanfics :D

Archive of our own seems to have better fanfics, so I suggested the more appropriate website.

It seems like the show is heading towards that direction, but I was just thinking about the most dramatic conclusion for Slaine, not that I think it was good.
Aug 24, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
HopeLight said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Gen Urobuchi isn't writing this show anymore. The last episode was only a fap-fantasy for Slaine fanbase who got to stare at him shirtless while getting erotic tortured while becoming a dashing romantic hero who held oh-so-strong and was so noble to point out the misguided Count's flaws and won him over before he was killed by the Evil Count (to the blatant point when the script cover by A. E. was an obvious parody of being self-aware they are doing this because it's arousing the viewers). Slaine's actions weren't portrayed as obsessive but worth of praise and nobility to move the heart of a vile racist and classist Martian enough for him to have an epiphany.

I make no comment about the speculation, because I don't think our villain will let Slaine take off his safe castle.

Yeah, pretty much. There was even a point where he's panting that looked remarkably yaoi. And even sticking the gun into his mouth... Sigh. how much favor are they gonna give to him?
Aug 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
L-Ryoshi said:

I believe Urobutcher already laid out the frame work of important events and the whole concepts of the story already. And other writer based on that to create details. After last episode, you don't feel like Urobutchered a lot? Kill off a character immediately right after he improves himself. Btw, he will be back for the 3 final episodes.

And let me tell you why so many people think that Slaine will be manipulated by Saazbaum:

- Slaine fainted right before the moment Cruhteo realizes his loyalty. So Slaine will perceive Cruhteo as a traitor. Saazbaum will easily tell him that Cruhteo is he head of the assassination scheme and he was eliminated. Saazbaum is clever enough to make him look like a loyalist. to fool Slaine.

- During the torture, Saazbaum is quite protective of Slaine. So he should get some good initial impression from Slaine.

- Slaine admits that he will fight EVERYONE for Hime, including his fellow Terrans. So believe that he will not hesitate to kill Terrans once he thinks that they are using Hime. Just as he doesn't hesitate to shoot Inaho in ep 7.

- He is the typical suffering character in Gen's works. Unless he put more thought into his action and act more selfish, there won't be anything good come to him. (yes, we can't left aside the fact that Gen involves in this)

- and less important but many have a strong feeling that they are building a antagonist for the second season. Fighting Martians throughout 24 episodes is tiresome and boring, don't you think?
Aug 24, 2014 6:37 PM
Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:
It seems like the show is heading towards that direction, but I was just thinking about the most dramatic conclusion for Slaine, not that I think it was good.

The show is heading to pandering to Slaine fanbase 100%? I'm kidding, because he's my favorite character with Darzana but they sexualized him on purpose. The script cover even contained our villain aroused by the sight of pliant shota flesh, we're supposed to self-insert in him.

If you believe the director: the show is heading to knock Inaho off the main protagonist chair and hand it to Slaine, who is the other protagonist for the next cour. That's probably why he has all the flashbacks and all the plot importance, character growth and the romantic subplot while Inaho has action scenes and oddball humor.

GodlyKyon said:
Yeah, pretty much. There was even a point where he's panting that looked remarkably yaoi. And even sticking the gun into his mouth... Sigh. how much favor are they gonna give to him?

It was on purpose, like the "cpr" scene. They only dedicate hot scenes to Slaine because he's the favorite. All his 'suffering' is because he's the "Cinderella-like character" according to Archive. He'll suffer a lot of unwarranted misfortune first, then a ride to a happy ending.
Aug 24, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

Ehhh what? Asseylum isn't "emotionally mature". She acts like a kid. She also can't understand him at all, if you actually pay attention to their interaction they are in different wavelengths. The only one who understood him is maybe Rayet and his sister.

I lol at people trying to make this a cheesy soap opera with villainous Slaine trying to disturb their OTP. He's so obsessive! That's why the show only displayed his actions on a positive light, worming Cruhteo's approval and admiration. But what do I expect from desperate Inaho/Asseylum shippers who got their pairing sunk underwater by Inaho's remark he never fought for her and by Asseylum's motivation and inspiration coming from no other than Slaine. <3

Yes, sure! He'll listen to Saazbaum! Even if he's also suspicious of Martian Knights. *eyeroll* And Saazbaum cares about Terrans and the Princess for sure, but he couldn't give a damn to land until Slaine's life was at stake. How they distort everyone personality just to excuse their shipping fantasy is the true mark of Inaho/Asseylum shippers as usual. You're ignoring the obvious fact Saazbaum is interested on Slaine while he keeps everyone else busy. They have foreshadowed this enough, didn't the "oh Slaine's dad was researching Aldnoah" raised a warning bell. Come on, we're in mecha and we know what happens to the children of mysterious scientists who happen to be protagonists.

Dude, don't be overly reactive. From my view, he was analyzing Inaho and he did that well enough. He isn't even an InahoXHime shipper if you read all his posts... Have problem with another's speculation? I think you speculate all the time.
Do you even able to analyze Inaho as well as he does?
No, you are only good at praising Slaine. So good job with that.

No, as I know of, Haruto is dissapointed in his father and dies at the end of VVV.
Aug 24, 2014 6:48 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan: we are going off tangent, but no... I don't think Gen Urobuchi has a say on anything. The erotic torture scene was Aoki Eri idea because he thought it was hot. It wasn't because he hated Slaine, but because he seems to find him erotic.

I'll pm the rest, because it's off topic.
Aug 24, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
Thess said:
Ehhh what? Asseylum isn't "emotionally mature".

Yes she is childish... But she thinks before she acts and her emotion are controlled. It is much more than... well... look at how people react here when they talk about Inaho... They get angry, because he isn't reacting the way most people will react. He is too frank, too analytical, too cold. What's wrong with him?!? ;)

He is communicating, but he just says straight what he thinks and it isn't the way for everyone. They get offended, embarrassed, angry.... well emotional and they are hasty to draw conclusions. She is mature enough to listen properly. They can properly communicate with each other without wasting their energy in numerous of misunderstandings.
nirunaruAug 24, 2014 6:58 PM
Aug 24, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

I believe Urobutcher already laid out the frame work of important events and the whole concepts of the story already. And other writer based on that to create details. After last episode, you don't feel like Urobutchered a lot? Kill off a character immediately right after he improves himself. Btw, he will be back for the 3 final episodes.

And let me tell you why so many people think that Slaine will be manipulated by Saazbaum:

- Slaine fainted right before the moment Cruhteo realizes his loyalty. So Slaine will perceive Cruhteo as a traitor. Saazbaum will easily tell him that Cruhteo is he head of the assassination scheme and he was eliminated. Saazbaum is clever enough to make him look like a loyalist. to fool Slaine.

- During the torture, Saazbaum is quite protective of Slaine. So he should get some good initial impression from Slaine.

- Slaine admits that he will fight EVERYONE for Hime, including his fellow Terrans. So believe that he will not hesitate to kill Terrans once he thinks that they are using Hime. Just as he doesn't hesitate to shoot Inaho in ep 7.

- He is the typical suffering character in Gen's works. Unless he put more thought into his action and act more selfish, there won't be anything good come to him. (yes, we can't left aside the fact that Gen involves in this)

Yes... I definitely see this building up. Saazbaum will manipulate Slaine to turn agains Terrans. I'm hoping for the best but...
Aug 24, 2014 7:02 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Dude, don't be overly reactive. From my view, he was analyzing Inaho and he did that well enough. He isn't even an InahoXHime shipper if you read all his posts... Have problem with another's speculation? I think you speculate all the time.

No, as I know of, Haruto is dissapointed in his father and dies at the end of VVV.

Are you serious or did you not read to the "Princess and Inaho will marry lol"? Blah blah Slaine will turn evil because we want our OTP happening ;_;!!

Haruto was unpopular. He died. Kira was popular. He was spared. Slaine's popular. 2+2.

nirunaru said:
Yes... I definitely see this building up. Saazbaum will manipulate Slaine to turn agains Terrans. I'm hoping for the best but...

Saazbaum doesn't care about the Terrans. He stayed outside of this after manipulating everyone to fight each other. The only thing he cared enough to move his ass was to get Slaine out trouble. You're misunderstanding his interest in Slaine. He's got something big planned and his plan involves his father's research.

Nobody reacts like that to Inaho. Everyone except for Slaine thinks he's a normal guy even if they don't get him including the princess. The only ones capable to grasp him were his sister and Rayet.
Aug 24, 2014 7:11 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
chickenonthepan said:

Mm. Saazbaum will definitely manipulate Slaine but I don't think he cares about the Earthlings. I will just say he can just drop a meteor or two to wreck them, his actions will have to be careful now Slaine's aboard. I don't know if this topic is appropriate for a romance thread. Perhaps someone should start a "speculations" thread and move the conversation there?
Aug 24, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2014
Thess said:
But what do I expect from desperate Inaho/Asseylum shippers who got their pairing sunk underwater by Inaho's remark he never fought for her and by Asseylum's motivation and inspiration coming from no other than Slaine. <3

Well, I'm not shipper, but understand a lot how Inahos mind works. Hate to break this to you... It will not be the thing that sinks the boat. :D

You think that Inaho would actually notice that he is liking her? Human mind is tricky and Inahos case, it's even more tricky, because he won't notice what is happening. The logical reasons are true for him and they will camouflage this kind of stirring emotion quite well. In worst case scenario he won't notice anything until he stumbles upon it and falls... ^^''''

Like, was it Yuki, who said, that it is uncommon to Inaho take such a risks...

The thing that will sink the boat is that Asseylum x Inaho pairing don't have enough chemistry, but we have to wait to see how their relationship plays out. Inaho might consider her just as a friend and still be risking his life for her.
Aug 24, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
Thess said:
Nobody reacts like that to Inaho. Everyone except for Slaine thinks he's a normal guy even if they don't get him including the princess. The only ones capable to grasp him were his sister and Rayet.

Well... he mostly is. He is perfectly normal, but very analytical person.

Have you ever come across totally humorless people. They are difficult for the same reasons. Every slightest joke will be taken seriously, and that stems troubles. They just won't get it.

It is the same with Inaho. Some social things goes totally over for him. Actually his friends commented this at the very first episode... 'He is in his own world...' So they know him and more and less understand him. It is easy to be friend, but more difficult to be in relationship, if his way of thinking and reacting is causing friction.
Aug 24, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2014
@Hope Light
Did I say Gen just lists his concept and frame works. It's based on other to execute his idea. Details are others to decide.
Btw, did the director stated that the hero of second season will be Slaine?
They make a duo lead not to throw away 1 and focus on 1. What is the point in the first place?
Let say it another way:
Because Slaine has better appeal, better character development, better fan service, he is fan favorite.
Because Inaho is harder to relate to, has no fan service, almost no char development so he falls behind.
The first season develops Slaine, the second season develops Inaho. Sound like a good
Idea? ;)
You and Thess are really funny to think that they will fix The script to fit fan favorite. This writing is a mess already, don't make it worse.
As long as Gen has his role, the story won't hesitate to kill off anyone, just like Cruhteo.
And Thess, I was talking about niruharu, who was analyzing Inaho.
Aug 24, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2014
nirunaru said:
Thess said:

Well... he mostly is. He is perfectly normal, but very analytical person.

Have you ever come across totally humorless people. They are difficult for the same reasons. Every slightest joke will be taken seriously, and that stems troubles. They just won't get it.

It is the same with Inaho. Some social things goes totally over for him. Actually his friends commented this at the very first episode... 'He is in his own world...' So they know him and more and less understand him. It is easy to be friend, but more difficult to be in relationship, if his way of thinking and reacting is causing friction. And he has that tunnel vision. Well... according to women, every man has. :D But Inaho is quite cultivated in this sense.
Aug 24, 2014 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

Are you serious or did you not read to the "Princess and Inaho will marry lol"? Blah blah Slaine will turn evil because we want our OTP happening ;_;!!

Haruto was unpopular. He died. Kira was popular. He was spared. Slaine's popular. 2+2.

nirunaru said:

Saazbaum doesn't care about the Terrans. He stayed outside of this after manipulating everyone to fight each other. The only thing he cared enough to move his ass was to get Slaine out trouble. You're misunderstanding his interest in Slaine. He's got something big planned and his plan involves his father's research.

Hmm? You think he wants something to do with Aldnoah?
Aug 24, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2014
Thess said:

Yes... might be. But I think he will turn the blame on Cruhteo and pretend to be the savior. Like he did with Asseylums grandfather. He uses other peoples feelings to twist the truth in every way that is beneficial to him. Well... Slaine probably hates Inaho and he is wounded and easy to use at this point. So he will use this to pump out the information. He truly doesn't care even if every human dropped dead.
Aug 24, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2014
I don't know if I was mistaken for shipping something. I'm just pitching arguments for the losing side that we can have more delicious speculations. ;) This is my idea of having fun. ^^ A good brain excercise and I get to practice my english also. :P It's a win-win for me anyway. ;P

I have also pitched couple of crumbles about SlainexAsseylum.
Aug 24, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 2011
May I interrupt the ruminations of the plot to bring back the topic?

http://cough.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2014/08/8-e926.html

I wanted to share this because it's on topic. It seems like a good analysis after the last episode.
Aug 24, 2014 7:39 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:

I wanted to share this because it's on topic. It seems like a good analysis after the last episode.
Translation plz. Not everyone is Japanese...
Aug 24, 2014 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
Thess said:
chickenonthepan said:

nirunaru said:

You've pretty much hit the nail over the head by yourself there. Saazbaum wants to use Troyard's research, the one way he can get to it is through Slaine.

After all the indications thrown at you in this episode alone, it should be obvious that Urobuchi made it so Slaine knows next to nothing about the nature of Saazbaum. He fainted at the "right"moment (plot-armor), which means that he's easy pickings for when Saazbaum cozy's up to him by lying that he went over to rescue him from Cruhteo. You aren't going to get much help from someone who is against you, so its pretty damn obvious that Saazbaum will manipulate Slaine into working for/with him, even using the "for the good of the princess" theme wouldn't be out of the question. All this time, Slaine (and a good portion of the fans as well) has been thinking of Cruhteo as the traitor running things behind the scenes, and as such nothing has changed for him except that he was rescued from the traitor by Saazbaum, whom he knows nothing about.

Like you said, he's a manipulative bastard, and Slaine is as impulsive as he is dumb (yes, I repeat that constantly, if he had just thought things through and announced his name to Inaho in Episode 7 instead of turning his guns on him, he would have already been hugging his princesses by now, so yeah he's pretty dumb for making stupid demands and turning his guns on Inahos mech). The possibilities of this stuff happening are apparent to everyone except all those Slaine fanboys, who believe that due to "Popularity", that Slaine won't be thrown to the villainous dogs and should enjoy a tryst with his favorite Hime.

Open your eyes to the real world for once. a lot of the so-called popular characters in F/Z got butchered in the end. There's a precedent to things like this, and case in point most of the scenes in the anime indicate it going this way.
Urobuchi may not be the one writing the details of the script, but he IS the producer and as such has full control and last say as to what goes in and what doesn't in this anime. And like someone already mentioned, the overall framework and storyboard were set before they started making this.

On your end, pray do tell what YOUR basis of reasoning is, besides the fact that "Slaine is more popular than Inaho" (still no proof on your end) or "Slaine x Hime is your OTP" (pretty much obvious in how you slant anything that goes against this).

On a side note: whoever mentioned the Princess and Inaho getting married must be delusional. They're fighting a war here, and even after all is said and done and the dust has settled, I highly doubt anyone will be left with a so called "happy ending". It's my view that the end result after the earth is saved everyone will be counting their losses, and perhaps there's a small glimmer of hope in rebuilding the future to be a better place or something like that. This ain't some sappy SOL/Romance anime.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 7:41 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:

Well we are kind of in topic. Just having argument about, if Asseylum x Inaho can be qualified as romance. ;)

Hmmm... this reminds me that Cruhteo x Slaine shippers should have been absolutely squealing from happiness....
Aug 24, 2014 7:42 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:

You're not noticing the irony...

chickenonthepan

About Aldnoah: These details like completely revamping some characters and plot events. The one in charge is the director. He's the only one speaking of the project as his baby, Gen Urobuchi was added on it for publicity.

About the protagonists: The director stated the show has two heroes: Inaho and Slaine in an interview (June newtype issue). Then in the special program, he made emphasis that Slaine will have the center stage on the second cour while Inaho would have it in this first cour. Whether this happens or not, I don't have a crystal ball to learn the future. But I can see the set up already when the show main bad guy doesn't pay attention to our supposed "hero" while he's all eyes for the blond kid who is "opposing their cause."

It was his idea to use two MCs. This doesn't have any shipping connection, but since you asked, I might as well answer your doubt. It is also a preventive warning in case the flying accusations about deciding this because Slaine is more popular begin, they'll be false.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 7:48 PM
Aug 24, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
whoever mentioned the Princess and Inaho getting married must be delusional.

Who mentioned this by the way. I have no idea. Did I miss something somewhere?
Aug 24, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2013
nirunaru said:
L-Ryoshi said:
whoever mentioned the Princess and Inaho getting married must be delusional.

No idea, I never saw it except from the guy who mentioned it ;)
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
[quote=L-Ryoshi]Slaine is as impulsive as he is dumb (yes, I repeat that constantly, if he had just thought things through and announced his name to Inaho in Episode 7 instead of turning his guns on him, he would have already been hugging his princesses by now, so yeah he's pretty dumb for making stupid demands and turning his guns on Inahos mech). [quote]

I don't think that Slaine was stupid. He was really confused about what Inaho was asking and I don't blame him. Inaho wasn't very clear what he was about. But yes Slaine was a bit too desperate to consider that he would be tracked and he was causing considerable danger to Asseylum.

But then again. What else he could have done? Saazbaum was already on him and he just barely escaped.

And now he is too badly hurt to even doubt Saazbaum.
Aug 24, 2014 7:50 PM
Jul 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
nirunaru said:

No idea, I never saw it except from the guy who mentioned it ;)

GodlyKyon in page 11. I sent him to fanfiction.net.
Aug 24, 2014 7:51 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:

Well we are kind of in topic. Just having argument about, if Asseylum x Inaho can be qualified as romance. ;)

Hmmm... this reminds me that Cruhteo x Slaine shippers should have been absolutely squealing from happiness....

I was being ironic. Read the entry carefully.
Aug 24, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:
nirunaru said:

I was being ironic. Read the entry carefully.

;) So was I. Sorry... XD
Aug 24, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2014
HopeLight said:

Aaah... that one.... He was probably too being ironic. ;)
Aug 24, 2014 7:55 PM
Jul 2011
nirunaru said:
HopeLight said:

Aaah... that one.... He was probably too being ironic. ;)

I took it as ironic too.
Aug 24, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
chickenonthepan said:

You're not noticing the irony...

chickenonthepan

About Aldnoah: These details like completely revamping some characters and plot events. The one in charge is the director. He's the only one speaking of the project as his baby, Gen Urobuchi was added on it for publicity.

About the protagonists: The director stated the show has two heroes: Inaho and Slaine in an interview (June newtype issue). Then in the special program, he made emphasis that Slaine will have the center stage on the second cour while Inaho would have it in this first cour. Whether this happens or not, I don't have a crystal ball to learn the future. But I can see the set up already when the show main bad guy doesn't pay attention to our supposed "hero" while he's all eyes for the blond kid who is "opposing their cause."

It was his idea to use two MCs. This doesn't have any shipping connection, but since you asked, I might as well answer your doubt. It is also a preventive warning in case the flying accusations about deciding this because Slaine is more popular begin, they'll be false.

If things is as you say, things will go bad, really bad.
A director has a right to change script as he plz, based on fan favorite. Now that's what called trash.
A director's job is create scene and animation to demonstrate the script, not to change it. It's script writer's job.
Btw I don't see Inaho has any focus here as the director say. Lol
Aug 24, 2014 8:22 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:
A director has a right to change script as he plz, based on fan favorite. Now that's what called trash.
A director's job is create scene and animation to demonstrate the script, not to change it. It's script writer's job.

Aoki has always been the head the project, even with Urobuchi writing. He was the one who set the basic premise. It's a feedback of input, output, and change. Takayama is the one who did the screenplay and they are very close.

This isn't based on the 'fan favorite', this decision was taken before the show aired: it's in the special program broadcasting the show introduction. That's why I say they could change their plans at any time.

I think what he means with "Inaho's focus" has to do with the focus of the plot. In this cour, it's the battles against the knights. Inaho's in charge of beating them, so he means focus on a plot-advanced sense. The second part has another plot... I don't know what it is. 2ch speculates is about Aldnoah mysteries, but it could be the Earth government forces as villain after they get Adlnoah, slave the Princess and they invade Mars. They are introduced in a bad light in those archives and confidential info of the backstory and the show has provided hints they aren't heroic.

The conflict started by them who refused to give help at the Mars colonists and then demanded their technology for war-purposes after they only asked for independence. Ray's attitude just sparked more conflicts, but they were the instigators.
HopeLightAug 24, 2014 8:31 PM
Aug 24, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
chickenonthepan said:

Aoki has always been the head the project, even with Urobuchi writing. He was the one who set the basic premise. It's a feedback of input, output, and change. Takayama is the one who did the screenplay and they are very close.

This isn't based on the 'fan favorite', this decision was taken before the show aired: it's in the special program broadcasting the show introduction. That's why I say they could change their plans at any time.

I think what he means with "Inaho's focus" has to do with the focus of the plot. In this cour, it's the battles against the knights. Inaho's in charge of beating them, so he means focus on a plot-advanced sense. The second part has another plot... I don't know what it is. 2ch speculates is about Aldnoah mysteries, but it could be the Earth government forces as villain after they get Adlnoah, slave the Princess and they invade Mars. They are introduced in a bad light in those archives and confidential info of the backstory.

I still feel like there is a shadow of Gen over this. It feels like the concept is like his other work.
If the second season go as you say, it will be boring as hell. I will laugh at the worse writing ever.
Slain become antagonist will be the best case. It highlight so many character conflicts and tragedy.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.