Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2014 7:26 AM

Mar 2012
I haven't read either manga, but I'm pretty damn impressed by the first three episodes of Ao Haru Ride. I see that Sakisaka Io also created another shoujo manga called Strobe Edge, which seems to get some pretty good ratings on manga sites.

I've never read either manga since I prefer to watch anime than read manga. I think I've only read 5 manga in my life and I could never stick with them long enough. They were Shingeki no Kyojin, which I'm about 10 chapters behind or so, Fairy Tail which I shelved, Bleach which I shelved, Gosick which I shelved because the chronology was a bit different from the anime and that threw me off) and D. Gray-Man which seems to go on hiatus more than anything in existence).

Depending on how the anime goes and knowing there will probably be quite a hiatus between Season 1 and Season 2 of Ao Haru Ride if the anime does well, I might pick up the manga to keep up with the story (much like what I'm doing with Shingeki no Kyojin).

Anyway, to get back on topic, do you think we might see a Strobe Edge adaptation since that is a manga that is completed? It's only 39 chapters so I would think they could probably get a few seasons out of it, at least. I can imagine there might be some demand for works like Ao Haru Ride, especially from the same mangaka.
Jul 22, 2014 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
I don't think Strobe Edge will get an anime adaptation. I could be wrong, but it seems like Ao Haru Ride is much more popular as a manga series. I don't think there will be a season 2 of AHR either... just a hunch and based on how rare it seems for shoujo romance series like this to get second seasons.

Ao Haru Ride has a much better beginning portion anyways, in my opinion. I'm glad this one got an adaptation over Strobe Edge.
Jul 22, 2014 12:07 PM
Feb 2013
nauticalblue said:

Ao Haru Ride has a much better beginning portion anyways, in my opinion. I'm glad this one got an adaptation over Strobe Edge.

I agree. I generally think Ao Haru Ride is a better and more exciting manga than strobe edge - even the character design's better. If the anime did really well, I suppose they could profit from making a Strobe Edge adaption and then it might happen. But don't expect the same quality as AHR.

While it is true that shoujo usually wont see second seasons, it has happened. And AHR has the story for it. The last chapters are full of drama, and I doubt they could fit all 40+ chapters into 12 episodes.
Jul 23, 2014 3:53 AM
Jun 2014
The manga Strobe Edge is good but it doesn't have much of an impact unlike Aoharaido. A anime adaptation of Strobe Edge has low probability of happening.
Jan 31, 2023 10:45 PM

Jun 2021
If you don't want to read the manga you can watch the live-action adaptation. Both Ao Haru Ride and Strobe Edge have their own live-action films.

Blue Spring Ride (2014):
IMDb
AsianWiki
MyDramaList

Strobe Edge (2015):
IMDb
AsianWiki
MyDramaList

Strobe Edge may not get an anime adaptation but let's hope it will someday. Well, Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare (Jun 13, 2015 to May 13, 2019) got an anime movie adaptation Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare released on Sep 18, 2020.

Oh, and Io Sakisaka is busy with her ongoing manga Sakura, Saku.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.