Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
mstrchef117 said:
Duri1n said:

I dont understand how those kids are so accurate with their bazooka rounds. Bloody hell, the freaking princess, who didnt seem to know a thig abt guns, could suddenly accuratel take down one observational device in one shot on a moving truck? Meh... I'd let the accrate shooting slide, but that pricess shot kinda deserved a facepalm... -_-...

If you didn't notice. They were shooting smoke grenades, not actually shooting down the cameras.

Yeah. They didn't have to be accurate at all. In fact, even the worst shot in the world could do it. I believe it was MGL smoke rounds. At least it looked like an MGL.
Jul 19, 2014 12:34 PM

Nov 2013
Was surprised their technology hadn't advanced past ordinary satellite overhead views, no x-ray, no infrared, really weird. Enjoyable episode though, definitely the best of the 3 so far.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 19, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
Meh, I expected bigger death count. Will give more episodes for shit to hit the fan.
Jul 19, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
I really hope Slaine joins Inaho and co. because then he wouldn't be the Suzaku-rival-type and the Terrans would actually be able to put up a fight against Vers.
Jul 19, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
Meh, I expected bigger death count. Will give more episodes for shit to hit the fan.

Don't expect it. Butcher only did the first 3 episodes.
Jul 19, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2013
I'm not really impressed so far, maybe I had too high expectations. I hope they explain Inaho's lack of explicit emotions and how he is some genius kid. I understand that it was easy to put together but then why is this kid the only person to figure out the weakness? The princess being that girl was expected. I don't really care in particular for any of the characters or like any of them which is a big minus for me. The martians are also so cartoon (read: over the top) evil.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 19, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode. I really didn't like MC is the first two episodes; found him to be rather emotionless. However, in this episode they actually gave his character some growth and showed his emotional side while still maintaining his calm demeanor.

Slain is the man. I'm happy he actually shot him and didn't chicken out at the last moment.

Also, Mahou Shoujo Asseylum is best Mahou Shoujo.
Jul 19, 2014 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
I can't wait to see how Inaho fares against the martian mechas.

Inaho has really given their current situation a lot of thought and he knows exactly what to do, bravo.

Inaho freaking smart and it seems like my guess that the girl was the princess was spot on!

Inaho... best squad leader (even though he isn't one) of 2014!

C'mon Inaho, kick that martian ass!

Now that's quite skill to transform like that you have there princess.

Ah, Inaho finally avenged his fallen friend T.T

Freaking bastard is still alive it seems... oh. never mind, Slaine killed him, good job.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 19, 2014 12:45 PM
Jan 2014
orangpelupa said:
and if enemy hae those signal transceiver for the flying cameras, why he cant just fly the camera inside the tunnel.

I think that's quite obvious. If Trillram just sent in his aux cameras into the tunnel, they would be quite easy to spot and shoot down. Even if they don't destroy them, they could still figure out how his barrier works more easily.
One of the other posibilities is that those aux cameras can't be manually controlled. Otherwise he could just bail them out from the smoke screen and regain visibility. Maybe they just have fixed positions and move accordingly.
ResidentJul 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Feb 2014
ex_necross said:
mstrchef117 said:

If you didn't notice. They were shooting smoke grenades, not actually shooting down the cameras.

Yeah. They didn't have to be accurate at all. In fact, even the worst shot in the world could do it. I believe it was MGL smoke rounds. At least it looked like an MGL.

Oh crap. My bad... should've paid more attention.

Hmm... I guess that makes sense now -_-... i feel bad for makig suh a dumbass mistake.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...

Mar 2010
So instead of falling into the cockpit of some super-prototype, Inaho used his brain, a rubber band and a paper clip. I hope this continues. This anime now shows a lot of promise

Also I've got an urge to read some good ol' Stainless Steel Rat cause I love those resourceful characters
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jul 19, 2014 12:46 PM
Dec 2012
Maybe we should put up a bet on who will survive @ the end of the season~
That really is all I care about this season.
Fck logic when watching anime, especially Urobutcher's o_O Will only give me a headache.
Jul 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Apr 2013
That was super duper good and those kids are impressive but they aren't annoying and the adults don't seem stupid as of yet. They cleverly came up with a plan to find out the Mechs weakness and it was really well done. I like how everyone had a part in the plan and was useful. Really enjoying this anime and after this impressive episode it is definitely one of my favorites this year so far.
Jul 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Mar 2011
Baku219 said:
I'm not really impressed so far, maybe I had too high expectations. I hope they explain Inaho's lack of explicit emotions and how he is some genius kid. I understand that it was easy to put together but then why is this kid the only person to figure out the weakness? The princess being that girl was expected. I don't really care in particular for any of the characters or like any of them which is a big minus for me. The martians are also so cartoon (read: over the top) evil.

thus the flaw of the animes. they choose to have MCs in high school. if this were adults, figuring out things would be more believable. being an anime fan, its this "anime logic" that I have come to terms with. Regardless, I thought this was one of the most awesome episodes this season so far. I was disappointed when I saw that Martian pilot guy still alive (yes another anime rule you have to accept, death is mostly minimal) but then when he got killed at the end credit, I was like "yes!!"
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 19, 2014 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I think the question you should be asking is how is he able to receive data from the flying cameras and communicate with Slaine if the barrier supposedly absorbs all radio waves.

Didn't they exploit that at the end? The place where the mc struck the big knife was the receiver of the cameras signal.
Jul 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
SagaraYuzuru said:

Hello again. I just feel like I have to stop you on that statment.

If you explained the science of our modern technolgies (Like computers) to a man of the industrial era that lived 200 years ago, do you think he would understand anything he was told? The science of the Aldnoah makes no sense to us, but any attempt to explain it would probably not fix that. Considering how far we have come in less than a hundred years, it's not suprising that technology can advance way beyond of what we understand.

Consider it as an acceptable break from reality. Any attempt to add realism to it would
most likely be tedious, difficult, or confusing for us.

I really cannot word my response correctly. I wrote it out 3 times and then erased it. xD

It more or less was condensed to.

- They can just pull stuff out of their asses to explain how they defeat anything in a battle now.

- It takes away from the strategy because they aren't using things we are familiar with, they are using things that were not established yet and the audience has no idea what it is and as such only comes off as smart because they mix it with real science that people can identify with, but if you actually start putting pieces together, it doesn't actually make much sense. A barrier that can absorb everything, including light? That would cause massive time and space distortion, it simply doesn't go with the laws of physics.

- When a sci-fi show breaks the laws of physics, that is going too far, because that is no longer science, it's magic. I can forgive it for that to an extent though.

Also, having the people figuring this stuff out and talking about be kids doesn't help at all. Why do these kids understand all these things and no one is surprised by it? Why are they just as smart as these people who seem to be trained professionals? It just makes no sense. As such, I know what to expect now.
KetenJul 19, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 19, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
Duri1n said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I think the question you should be asking is how is he able to receive data from the flying cameras and communicate with Slaine if the barrier supposedly absorbs all radio waves.

I also wondered abt this, but then they explained in that knife scene. The only spot in Trillram's mecha which didnt absorb everything was left there so that he could reveive the signals from the flying cameras. That's what Inaho was bettig on when he made the plan.

As for Orange's question, yeah... just realised. Doesnt make sense for Trillram's mecha to be visible if it absorbs everything includig light. He'd be just a black mass. Also, good point. He could've just sent cameras. He had like a dozen with him. Surely he could've scouted the loacation. Maybe he was a bit afraid that by forcig his way trough the tunnel it would collapse, and the survivors migt somehow escape through the mess?
yeah, the reason why Inaho was able to stab him was because they had to make holes in the barrier to receive camera signals.

I've also wondered about how it was visible. I noticed that when he activates the barrier, the mech turns black for a few seconds, then forms color. I'm guessing that moment, it absorbed all the light refracting off of it, making it black, then the armour emits it's own light.
Jul 19, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
So, people on other boards who are way better at science than me have already come up with several hypotheses as to how the mech could work (in regards to why it's not completely black, how it could communicate, etc).

Also, reminder:
Jul 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
The previous two episodes really didn't make this show seem like it wasn't bringing anything new and different.

Probably the best episode so far, and a good redeeming factor for the 'meh' start the show initially had (given the plot-holes and and unexplained phenomenon).
Slaine=best character in the show so far

*Changing the score from 7 to 8.
BakaWeebTrashJul 19, 2014 1:19 PM
Jul 19, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2007
amginex said:
Baku219 said:

thus the flaw of the animes. they choose to have MCs in high school. if this were adults, figuring out things would be more believable. being an anime fan, its this "anime logic" that I have come to terms with. Regardless, I thought this was one of the most awesome episodes this season so far. I was disappointed when I saw that Martian pilot guy still alive (yes another anime rule you have to accept, death is mostly minimal) but then when he got killed at the end credit, I was like "yes!!"

Adults or at least some military personnel with real experience working with them directly in order to make it seem more plausible. Gundam definitely doesn't have the adults are stupid and completely incompetent and need kids to do everything for them thing like this show does as an example. I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol
Jul 19, 2014 12:58 PM
Apr 2013
The science isn't perfect behind it but it was still decent enough to not be stupid and was pretty good logic for an anime. And this stuff is Martian tech so who knows what can fully happen. Maybe the light barrier also acts as a camouflages since the wholes would be super easy to see if the rest was blocked or whatever.
It is alien technology and damn fiction so it I think it is easy to look past a few possible flaws in the logic.

And the Martians attacked like a day ago and the military isn't exactly on the offensive as of now because they know it is hopeless to just blindly launch. Sure if this was a year from now and a highschooler was the first to figure it out it could be silly but it has been a day or two. They clearly didnt' use this tech back on the moon because Humanity would have been aware of it.
Jul 19, 2014 1:03 PM
Mar 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
amginex said:

Adults or at least some military personnel with real experience working with them directly in order to make it seem more plausible. Gundam definitely doesn't have the adults are stupid and completely incompetent and need kids to do everything for them thing like this show does as an example. I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol

hehe yea. to be an anime fan you really have to have an open mind. anime logic is way out there.
in this case, the MCs lack of expressing emotion can be a sign of real genius. Most genious people lacks empathy and sociopaths. but it is only the 3rd epi and I have not read the source material so they might explain later why hes like that.
most of the posts are about the realism of the mech barrier, but as someone mentioned, how about the princess' disguise? She just transformed like some magical girl.
Jul 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
MAKE SURE YOU WATCH PAST THE ED GUYS

o_O

That turned an alright episode into a very good episode. Still wish they would develop the characters more though; we learn more each episode, but I want more.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 19, 2014 1:06 PM
Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
amginex said:

The Martians attacked a day ago and this is clearly the first time this tech has been used since they were shocked. And the military would already be in full retreat and busy doing rescue and not offense. The kids had a chance to figure this out because they were actually fighting. It is not like they have been fighting for a god damn year, it has only been 1-2 days and the military is not on the offense as of now because it backfired at first and they are more busy protecting the citizens when the kids did not really have that to worry about besides not running to the docks.
Jul 19, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
ponygon123 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

The Martians attacked a day ago and this is clearly the first time this tech has been used since they were shocked. And the military would already be in full retreat and busy doing rescue and not offense. The kids had a chance to figure this out because they were actually fighting. It is not like they have been fighting for a god damn year, it has only been 1-2 days and the military is not on the offense as of now because it backfired at first and they are more busy protecting the citizens when the kids did not really have that to worry about besides not running to the docks.

Well apparently with this shows logic a day or twos worth of encounters and hours of planning with civilians is more effective than the actual militaries 15 years worth.
Jul 19, 2014 1:12 PM
Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ponygon123 said:

Well apparently with this shows logic a day or twos worth of encounters and hours of planning with civilians is more effective than the actual militaries 15 years worth.

They martians obviously did not use this tech in the first war or we would have lost the moon in an instant. This is new tech humanity has not faced so they could not have planned for it as humanity did not have knowledge of it. Is that really that hard to understand?
Jul 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2013
I have a feeling that any hopes of the Princess (or Slaine) finding support from Count Cruhteo may be quite short-lived. Saazbaum was already preparing a meteor bombardment from orbit, which was going to put the landing castle under a degree of risk; if he finds out that Triilram is dead and that the Princess is still alive, what is to stop him targeting Cruhteo's castle directly?

(At least seeing a castle be destroyed in such a fashion would show that they are not quite invulnerable.)

At this point, I wonder if, rather than coming to her aid directly, Cruhteo's death (should it happen) may end up being the trigger for a VERS civil war, especially if he is able to send out a communication to the other clans before the meteors hit. A split between loyalist and opportunist clans on a broader scale might have a longer-term impact, and would mean that the Princess herself (and probably Slaine, too) would be more or less obliged to stay with whoever survives the coming attack rather than link up with a loyalist VERS force any time soon.
Jul 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Although I'm not a huge fan of "kids/teenagers doing everything", I thought this episode was really good. I appreciated how they thought everything through and their method of taking down a seemingly-invincible Martian was actually legit

Although I do have to question, when they say that the barrier absorbs everything, then shouldn't that include light? How can they see it properly? lol

I wonder what the princess is up to. Can't wait for more episodes and hope it can stay as good as this episode was

Also, that end with Slaine. Amazing...

Like this

Also, people like want scientific explanations of a advanced tecnology never watched/read a sci fi or space opera before ? huh

Try to explain how a FTL engines on space opera works scientifically (not plausibility)
JaogetsuJul 19, 2014 1:17 PM
Jul 19, 2014 1:16 PM
Dec 2013
That was amazing! Not only does it seem like with a little strategy the earthlings do have a chance, but now there's someone who knows the truth on the inside, AND they captured one of the Martian's mecha, so they can study it and gain a real fighting chance!
Jul 19, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2011
ponygon123 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

They martians obviously did not use this tech in the first war or we would have lost the moon in an instant. This is new tech humanity has not faced so they could not have planned for it as humanity did not have knowledge of it. Is that really that hard to understand?

nah, youre overreaching for an explanation.
its like a high schooler and someone who has 15 yrs experience in avionics seeing a UFO and suddenly the high schooler knows more about it or at least figured out everything first. it doesn't matter that its the same time their first time seeing it. the guy with experience should know more about it than the high schooler
Jul 19, 2014 1:17 PM
Aug 2011
My eyes and ears are content- it was too much of a stretch calling this OST terrible. Come on now...

But i'm not really impressed and i'm not seeing any appeal in Inaho right now.
The character that I will be on the lookout for is Slaine because the last few seconds or so were more exciting to me than almost the entire episode itself.
Not because "HE KILLED A GUY WHAT A BADASS!" but because his actions seem more reasonable than the kid who figured out the entire situation by spending a while looking at the data on his phone in the bathroom or whatever.

Anyway, glad Trillman is dead because his one-liners about pathetic rats and other eye-rolling, cheesy villain-type dialogue is not something I want to keep listening to.

Magical hime is magical huh?
Jul 19, 2014 1:18 PM
Oct 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol

To be fair this is one mecha in a remote area that's being evacuated, I doubt anyone was trying to analyze it other than the high school guys since everyone else was dead or already left. As for how they managed to figure it out, well it's pure observation. Last episode I made a long post about the mecha in this and even in the other thread, we speculated that the feet were not shielded and that landmines would have been effective against it. We were right about this, I also assumed that the Aldnoah power had a timer (which turns out to be false, at least for now) but I did correctly deduce that the shield worked both ways and that's the reason he had no ranged weapons.

What bothers me is the design of the mecha, it seems.. so impractical. Firstly the feet are not shielded.. so what would happen if someone blew them up? He would fall and then not be able to get up and would have to turn off his shield. Secondly the way he spots is very impractical, what if his drones got shot down by anti-air forces? Now he's blind. What if the opponent is fast? Now he can't get them and the funniest one of all, what if they went into a tunnel? This mech seems way too impratical for me. I thought that it would have openings for the cameras all over the body, but I was wrong. Even if it used a mix of that + the aerial cameras, that would actually make sense but nah, they only use the aerial cameras.

TLDR: The mech is too impractical and it takes too much effort to make it even remotely effective.
Jul 19, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2011
parfaited said:
The character that I will be on the lookout for is Slaine because the last few seconds or so were more exciting to me than almost the entire episode itself.
Not because "HE KILLED A GUY WHAT A BADASS!" but because his actions seem more reasonable than the kid who figured out the entire situation by spending a while looking at the data on his phone in the bathroom or whatever.

^ I would upvote or plus or thumbs up if I could.
Jul 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
Seems like a fine show in almost every way but I've already developed deep hatred towards Inaho as a main character. What an emotionless Mary Sue. Unbelievable.
Jul 19, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2010
wow what an episode! absolutely loving the soundtrack in this one;)

5/5

@pakoko

i also thought the explanation how it recieved the camera signal was good enough to not make me think about it any further.
Jul 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Good job in scene after ED there, Slaine.
Jul 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2010
amginex said:
ponygon123 said:

its like a high schooler and someone who has 15 yrs experience in avionics seeing a UFO and suddenly the high schooler knows more about it or at least figured out everything first. it doesn't matter that its the same time their first time seeing it. the guy with experience should know more about it than the high schooler

What, so being a high schooler is a handcap to someone do a reasonable plan ?
Even if they're the FIRST fighting that Martian mecha that survived ?
Jul 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2011
Score +2 up to 10/10. Fucking masterpiece of an episode. I know people would say it was a cliche that the kids managed that, but the way they did it was amazing and not anywhere near what I would call an asspull. Great stuff. Also that ending. No Gargantia shit this time, eh?

Also, Calm survived and he was relevant, WTF? Impressive, I would have sworn he was dead this episode. Even if he dies later on, I appreciate how non-cliche this was.
AlexGKJul 19, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
DAT OST. Holy shit.

Awesome episode, and the part after the ending...
(•_•) well, I guess you could say that Trillram
( •_•)>⌐■-■ got SLAIN
(⌐■_■) YYYEAAAHHH!
uBlinkedJul 19, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2013
parfaited said:
My eyes and ears are content- it was too much of a stretch calling this OST terrible. Come on now...

But i'm not really impressed and i'm not seeing any appeal in Inaho right now.

Anyway, glad Trillman is dead because his one-liners about pathetic rats and other eye-rolling, cheesy villain-type dialogue is not something I want to keep listening to.

Magical hime is magical huh?

I agree with you about liking Slaine. He is actually far more engaging than any other character right now. He has a far more realistic reaction to the current events and when he shoots someone, he feels the weight of it, he realizes what he has done and is scared because of it. It doesn't make him a pussy, it makes him realistic. However, that would work a lot better if the person he killed wasn't just some Super-Nazi who made you go, "Good" when he died instead of the more realistic, "Wow that is awful but it had to be done."
Jul 19, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
Forgetfulness said:
JoaoZangetsu said:

Like this
I'm pretty sure that's what it would look like, but that's not what we saw for most of the screentime

Yeah, but it shows that absorbs light, when he changes to that barrier mode, the image of the mecha came after he is black, so there is a kind of technology that maintain his image even with the barrier.
Jul 19, 2014 1:27 PM
Oct 2010
Overall I thought this episode was ok, I hope that some infighting happens between the Knights of Sidonia (it's already setup this way). Also Slaine has seen the princess so I want to see if he communicates this to Cruhteo and there's a civil war between the loyalists and separatists.
Jul 19, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
skudoops said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I mean I still don't get why Inaho this random high schooler is the only person on Planet Earth with enough insight to engineer a successful counterattack against the Martians so far. I mean who taught him this stuff anyway, did he learn it from drills in their school? If so shouldn't that mean the mindset he's using to approach the counterattack would also be in the Earth Military handbook as well? Why are both sides in this conflict that plays itself off deathly seriously and like a tactics and strategy based show just apparently so utterly stupid lol

To be fair this is one mecha in a remote area that's being evacuated, I doubt anyone was trying to analyze it other than the high school guys since everyone else was dead or already left. As for how they managed to figure it out, well it's pure observation. Last episode I made a long post about the mecha in this and even in the other thread, we speculated that the feet were not shielded and that landmines would have been effective against it. We were right about this, I also assumed that the Aldnoah power had a timer (which turns out to be false, at least for now) but I did correctly deduce that the shield worked both ways and that's the reason he had no ranged weapons.

What bothers me is the design of the mecha, it seems.. so impractical. Firstly the feet are not shielded.. so what would happen if someone blew them up? He would fall and then not be able to get up and would have to turn off his shield. Secondly the way he spots is very impractical, what if his drones got shot down by anti-air forces? Now he's blind. What if the opponent is fast? Now he can't get them and the funniest one of all, what if they went into a tunnel? This mech seems way too impratical for me. I thought that it would have openings for the cameras all over the body, but I was wrong. Even if it used a mix of that + the aerial cameras, that would actually make sense but nah, they only use the aerial cameras.

TLDR: The mech is too impractical and it takes too much effort to make it even remotely effective.

The clincher for me is the complete lack of any ranged weaponry which could cover for the ridiculous shortcomings of the force field. Something....anything really. Even if there's some contrivance like it not being able to shoot through the force field it could still just flip it off and plink away. Then again this Trillram guy was pretty damn stupid so perhaps not.
Jul 19, 2014 1:34 PM
Mar 2011
JoaoZangetsu said:
amginex said:

What, so being a high schooler is a handcap to someone do a reasonable plan ?
Even if they're the FIRST fighting that Martian mecha that survived ?

what youre giving handicap to is someone who has more experience.
I don't remember the second episode much, lackluster and typical. but didn't they have that army guy or whatever he is who keeps blabbering on about how much he knows about the martian tech from his experience fighting them 15 yrs ago? so how does this high schooler figure it out if this other guy has been obsessed with them for the last 15 yrs?
anyway, like I said, I don't remember too much of the details from epi1 and 2, this series wasn't interesting until this epi so my questions are genuine (not trying to be a dick).
I also mentioned earlier, that maybe they'll explain how smart this high schooler is.
Jul 19, 2014 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
I just felt like giving my opinion about the high schoolers on this topic since there is so much discussion about them here. English isnt my native language so please be gentle with me when it comes to grammar accidents.

1.) It should be clear for everyone who watched this show from EP 1 until now, that these high schoolers were trained in military warfare as well as regular school stuff which isnt suprising if you have to worry about the outbreak of a war permanently in your life.

2.) It's also rather logical to assume that the technology of the people from mars has advanced way faster than the one of the earthlings if you consider that the emperor of the mars is a former scientist whom will know the importance of technological advancement in many ways. (military included)

This leads to 3.) The reason the adults haven't already figured out the weakspots of the mars mechas is, that they didn't had knowledge of the existence of these type of mechs before their actual appeareance and since all they were worried about was how to evacuate and regroup rather than picking a fight with mechs who seem to be superior (On the first look!), its only logical to assume those highschoolers would figure something out first because they HAD to fight this mech in order to survive.

Also a little sidenote: I think you can't really call this prick piloting the martian mech a "military specialist" or anything like that, since he never calculated the possibility of a actual thread to him into any of his thoughts making him really vulnerable. This kind of thinking isnt something a tactical or military well trained soldier would do, since it will most likely be your downfall. The only reason the earthlings are able to survive at the moment is the pure arrogance of the martians and I personally wouldnt wonder if this is the cause of a eventual lose from the martians in the battle of earth itself.
Jul 19, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Good episode. The OSTs were amazing and just downright catchy this episode. Really enjoying this thus far. The ending was also quite interesting after the credits. I am looking forward to this anime every week for sure.

Jul 19, 2014 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode. I wonder what Slain will do now.
Jul 19, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Inaho is awesome, he just doesn't panic at all

Jul 19, 2014 1:45 PM
Apr 2014
Freakin' awesome, this is definitely a turning point for the show to make it even MORE intense.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.