Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:

Yeah, everybody's frozen except for the brave little girl and the robber who no longer has the gun.
It can't possibly be another example of bad screenwriting in this show.

It cant possibly be that people are scared of both of them.

Because hearing about people that face robbers is an everyday thing.

Some people dont even help car crash victims, why would they help a little girl that has a gun and has already fired it?

Because we're not talking about real life nor are we comparing to different anime. We're discussing a scene that wasn't displayed up to its standards and was just a cliché sob story.
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
This is a fantastic comedy anime. The amount of bullshit they are trying to spoon feed us is setting new records; not an ounce of realism to be found in this anime
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 19, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Mikatarukito said:
Unlucky-kat said:

Don't you think it is normal for people to go into panic mode when being threatened by a gun and that he is more than capable of killing?

Also some of you should stop spoiling even if it is in a spoiler tag. That isn't what this thread is about, now is it?

I'm pretty sure there was like a 5 second delay per shot. I think after the first the people would be out of a ''dazed'' state. If you claim that adults would be dazed after being threatened, seems quite weird that a 8/9 year old girl isn't.

Like someone else said. You don't simply go into the line of fire of a frightened person in panic mode. It also happened quite fast for them to really understand what was going on. Even she didn't really understand it until she saw her mother's face.

Also the anime didn't even mention that in the car accident her mother was with her dad. Quote from the light novels about it:

Which is why she wants to protect her mother even from a bank robber
Jul 19, 2014 11:59 AM

May 2014
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:

Yeah, everybody's frozen except for the brave little girl and the robber who no longer has the gun.

Because security guards don't exist either.

Oct 2013
phantom19 said:
Oh give me a break. The mom's reaction to her daughter killing that guy is such bs unless she was psychotic from the start. Looking in fear after her daughter did that? I don't think so. She would have immediately ran over to make sure she was okay after being attacked.

PTSD of the girl is fine. I don't know why people are complaining about that. Guess everything is "forced" with them.
PTSD doesn't involve vomiting and passing out every time someone makes a finger gun. You can't be stupid enough to buy that.

Dec 2009
I like the pacing of this season more.

Its better when things are written in a linear fashion and things flow more coherently.

I think it's Asada's background and circumstances that cement a lot of empathy and reasons to like her even more as a character. Definitely shows how the author has gotten somewhat better at characterization over time.

Sigh Shinkawa I hope keeps Shino away from Kazuro's harem. He has enough on his plate to get this gem. @_@
Jul 19, 2014 12:00 PM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:

Some people dont even help car crash victims, why would they help a little girl that has a gun and has already fired it?

They had plenty of time before she shot the gun. And ok, apparently even her mom is selfish enough to not help her own daughter.
This is bad screenwriting and you're struggling to excuse it.

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
Mikatarukito said:

... Yet a child can go aggressive on an attacker which is high on unknown drugs yeah..? It's illogical and to state the reason why I'm constantly on this scene is because it's the reason why Asda (Asada) plays GGO and has the trauma over guns. Really don't think this can be considered ''trivial'' if anyone thinks so.

Yes.Some people go aggressive.Your problem is why nobody else did it?Because they had no reason to.They didnt have to help their mentally ill mother and they dont have the guts to approach a little girl that has already fired the gun she is holding.

People with fear of heights are doing skydiving.Why is playing GGO when you have a fear for guns illogical?

I never said that playing ggo is illogical if you have fear of guns. I'm saying that people who claim this scene to be ''trivial'' are wrong.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
TyrelJul 19, 2014 11:13 PM
"Hi!"

Aug 2009
Mikatarukito said:
ssjokg said:

Because we're not talking about real life nor are we comparing to different anime. We're discussing a scene that wasn't displayed up to its standards and was just a cliché sob story.

I am sorry I thought we were using irl "logic".

So?It is bad because it is cliche?
How com SAO is the only offender?
Link_of_Hyrule said:
This is a fantastic comedy anime. The amount of bullshit they are trying to spoon feed us is setting new records; not an ounce of realism to be found in this anime

Right...
Jul 19, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
Mikatarukito said:

Link_of_Hyrule said:

Right...

Where have I once stated that this episode was bad? I just claimed that it was cliché and only used to grab the audiences attention due to SAO poor character cast. And I'm using general logic. I think that out of 10 people, at least one or two people would help the injured person in the car crash.
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2014 12:04 PM
Mar 2012
Link_of_Hyrule said:

It's a matter of perspective so there is no use in arguing. I can consider Naruto the best romance series ever created if I wanted to.
Jul 19, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
It was rather odd how sinon's back story was played out. I'd be honest her ptsd is rather odd but not intolerable when compared to her mothers reaction to her killing. It's not horrible though just simply not well thought out. We can't expect all adaptions to be perfect :P
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 19, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
T3hSource said:
ssjokg said:

Because security guards don't exist either.
BEcause all of them are well trained soldiers and always next to the entrance...

ANd yes some banks do not have them.Like in Greece.

HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

They had plenty of time before she shot the gun. And ok, apparently even her mom is selfish enough to not help her own daughter.
This is bad screenwriting and you're struggling to excuse it.
Yes her mother has problems as well.

And you and others you are struggling to label it as bad writing.
Link_of_Hyrule said:
phantom19 said:
Oh give me a break. The mom's reaction to her daughter killing that guy is such bs unless she was psychotic from the start. Looking in fear after her daughter did that? I don't think so. She would have immediately ran over to make sure she was okay after being attacked.

PTSD of the girl is fine. I don't know why people are complaining about that. Guess everything is "forced" with them.
PTSD doesn't involve vomiting and passing out every time someone makes a finger gun. You can't be stupid enough to buy that.

You seem like you know your shit.
Jul 19, 2014 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:

Realism? You're watching a sci-fi fantasy anime though...
Jul 19, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
Mikatarukito said:

I never said that playing ggo is illogical if you have fear of guns. I'm saying that people who claim this scene to be ''trivial'' are wrong.

Trivial in what?Because I see people nitpicking on WHy other people didnt help her.
They couldnt, didnt wanna,were scared it really doesnt matter .
Mikatarukito said:
ssjokg said:

Right...

Where have I once stated that this episode was bad? I just claimed that it was cliché and only used to grab the audiences attention due to SAO poor character cast. And I'm using general logic. I think that out of 10 people, at least one or two people would help the injured person in the car crash.

And you have 8 people that will just look at at the crash.

Stats dont always work how we want them to.

Jul 19, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
damastah said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

You should cut that sentence down to - ''You're watching anime though...''
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2014 12:12 PM
Mar 2012
I am literally laughing my ass off right now. A-1 totally did this on purpose. The amount of troll this studio has done might as well go off the charts. Click on your own expense.

Jul 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
LastChapter said:
I am literally laughing my ass off right now. A-1 totally did this on purpose. The amount of troll this studio has done might as well go off the charts. Click on your own expense.

Well it is still NOT completely spoiled.Both the perp and method.
Jul 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
Mikatarukito said:

Trivial in what?Because I see people nitpicking on WHy other people didnt help her.
They couldnt, didnt wanna,were scared it really doesnt matter .
Mikatarukito said:

You say it doesn't matter yet it's the reason why Sinon is the girl we all know and love today (exclude me out of that) and is the reason why she even exists in GGO and one of the main character casts taking Asuna place. I'm saying that scene isn't trivial in the slightest but sadly they were holes in that which disturbs me. It could of been prevented but sadly it is a sob story.
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2014 12:15 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that's f'd up man.

I wonder what happened with her mom tho.
Jul 19, 2014 12:16 PM

Dec 2009
People think its a bank.

Its the Post Office which provides banking services like some countries outside the US. xD
Jul 19, 2014 12:16 PM
Feb 2014
ssjokg said:

Don't forget that half of those will just stop in the middle of the street without paying attention to other cars, but not to help, nope to look at the crash to satisfy their craving for sensation...

@NettoAzure Well yeah, that is even possible in Germany and last time I looked there was no security guard in my post office but people here don't care for such details.
Caleb8980Jul 19, 2014 12:21 PM
Jul 19, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2013
So the interface to join GGO is the same as SAO, can't remember if ALO was also like that
Jul 19, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2013
damastah said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

That doesn't mean that the characters should be this ludicrously unrealistic. How am I supposed to not laugh at the chick who vomits and passes out every time someone points a finger gun at her? That's fucking hilarious, and the fact that we are supposed to take it seriously makes it even better.
Jul 19, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
Link_of_Hyrule said:
damastah said:

That doesn't mean that the characters should be this ludicrously unrealistic. How am I supposed to not laugh at the chick who vomits and passes out every time someone points a finger gun at her? That's fucking hilarious, and the fact that we are supposed to take it seriously makes it even better.

Truly tragic.

Clearly you know all about PTSD, nausea and a lot of other stuff like all MAL professionals.

It is truly tragic that you cant enjoy simple stories like that due to so much knowledge.

Mikatarukito said:

You say it doesn't matter yet it's the reason why Sinon is the girl we all know and love today (exclude me out of that) and is the reason why she even exists in GGO and one of the main character casts taking Asuna place. I'm saying that scene isn't trivial in the slightest but sadly they were holes in that which disturbs me. It could of been prevented but sadly it is a sob story.

Oh come on.
There are holes because some strangers didnt help her?

Reki could have easily written that part with only Shino and her mother in the bank and it wouldnt matter(it would make some people claim that it is illogical that it was empty tho).
But he put some other people there.It isnt illogical that they didnt help and he didnt have to write it in a way that they did.

You keep repeating the "sob story" part but that doesnt change that the scene was alright just not to your liking.
Jul 19, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
Kirito and Sinon just need to meet already lol.
Poor Sinon, must have been horrible to go through that.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Jul 19, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
ssjokg said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

Truly tragic.

Clearly you know all about PTSD, nausea and a lot of other stuff like all MAL professionals.
She passes out at the sight of finger guns, but super-realistic virtual-reality guns? Those are fine.

Sounds legit bro. I totally need to have a degree in psychology to know that this is bullshit
Jul 19, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2009
Link_of_Hyrule said:
ssjokg said:

Truly tragic.

She passes out at the sight of finger guns, but super-realistic virtual-reality guns? Those are fine.

Sounds legit bro. I totally need to have a degree in psychology to know that this is bullshit
People fear of heights and try skydiving to overcome that fear.

I guess that is just an urban legend.
Jul 19, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
Just from the writing I was like "I'm going to guess that's the villain". Part of me was thinking though "no, they wouldn't be that blatant. I mean that would just be straight-up terrible writing."

My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2011
Kirito is going in ^_^ I can't wait until next week.
Jul 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Disappointed, so slow pacing, hope it'll get better next ep
Jul 19, 2014 12:27 PM
Mar 2012
Splitter said:
Just from the writing I was like "I'm going to guess that's the villain". Part of me was thinking though "no, they wouldn't be that blatant. I mean that would just be straight-up terrible writing."

Oct 2013
ssjokg said:

I guess that is just an urban legend.[/quote]This would be like someone going skydiving every single day, but then spazzing the fuck out if they are more than 5 feet off the ground. It makes no sense at all and I think you know that.

Dec 2012
Please,don't tell that friend of Shino is actually the Death Gun,he seemed such a nice guy..
Jul 19, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
Splitter said:

[spoiler]So it's like Scream? The whodunit reveal that every whodunit has used since Scream first came out? WHAT A TWEEST![spoiler]
Jul 19, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
Splitter said:

You sure solved that mystery../sarc
HATUL said:

You know how in magical girl shows, when the magical girl fights a demon? Everybody else in the city either conveniently not around or just faints? Well, that's what happened here, in a show that tries very hard to take itself seriously. That is bad screenwriting..

Great point./sarc

You really think that people would always try to be heroes for strangers right?
Nice fantasy.Quite worse than Reki's writing.
ssjokgJul 19, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 19, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2014
Splitter said:

Jul 19, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
That ep was so slow. Really makes me think they could stretch GGO to 16+ episodes.

kashim_KunJul 19, 2014 12:43 PM
Jul 19, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
Link_of_Hyrule said:
ssjokg said:

This would be like someone going skydiving every single day, but then spazzing the fuck out if they are more than 5 feet off the ground. It makes no sense at all and I think you know that.[/quote]
Yes her case is worse but there is no reason to say that playing GGO is more illogical than skydiving.

Kashim-kun said:

If your afraid of guns IRL, you'd be afraid of them in game since its a VR you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Thats an error in the LN though, as the show is near word for word the books.

It is called challenging your fears.I guess people jumping out of a plane when they fear of heights have some error in their heads.
Jul 19, 2014 12:31 PM
Mar 2012
I'm just waiting for when episode 10+ airs, someone is going to post
Jul 19, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
Kashim-kun said:
That ep was so slow. Really makes me think they could stretch GGO to 16+ episodes.

If your afraid of guns IRL, you'd be afraid of them in game since its a VR you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Thats an error in the LN though, as the show is near word for word the books.

Onto the gun bit, people in Japan are very pacifist and anti-gun. Not like in America, Russia or even canada or europe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Japan has one of the lowest gun owner ship rates in the world.

Now. What if you saw someone in the US or Europe cutting people apart with a sword. Just hacking away. Well this happened in Europe. That guy was cutting on that soldier and eventually just beheaded him right in the street. No one did a single thing. Just stared and took video.

There were 2 grown ass people, and I think taking on a gun is much more easier than taking on a sword. Also real life has nothing to do with anime. It's like comparing Call of Duty to real life war. I'd like to see people do 360 no scopes.
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
I would think that the maternal instinct would have kicked it. Anyway, yea its an anime; and tv is tv, movies are movies, games are games and news is news. All has a varying degree of lies in it. Gotta sit through it. You have to remember that a human(s) is behind each of those.

I read the LN, I enjoyed them. That said, it was a mistake to word for word it to this extent. I've seen shows that just ran all over the original content and those that were way way way to strict to the book.

kashim_KunJul 19, 2014 12:42 PM
Jul 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2007
Unlucky-kat said:
Splitter said:

[spoiler]Well, I know he isn't because I read LastChapter's spoiler post and I feel that "two or more people are the killer" bit is overdone and a cop out", but that's not a fault of the series (especially since I don't know the details derp), just of the cliche.

Jul 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
ssjokg said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

This would be like someone going skydiving every single day, but then spazzing the fuck out if they are more than 5 feet off the ground. It makes no sense at all and I think you know that.

Yes her case is worse but there is no reason to say that playing GGO is more illogical than skydiving.[/quote]
Shit, I have a fear if heights yet I climb sixty to eighty foot trees without any gear just so I can say I can do things even with this fear. Scary as hell but it can happen. Her fear of guns isn't well defined I'll say that much. Actually her change of personality in the game for me is like a coping mechanism. She tries to fight through her pain in ggo to overcome it in real life, but when push comes to shove she's still unable to face the reality that reality itself is nothing but a cruel game with permanent consequences.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 19, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, poor Shino friend that is in love. Haven't you watched SAO I? Shino will inevitably fall in love with our great Kirito...

Why is she so tramatized? She achieved an headshot at that age.
Nah, just kidding. She have a pretty dark past, but she didn't precised what happened to her mother. Did she abandonned her? Has she turned crazy after that event?

We learned that desu gun is an edgy psychotic looking teen that wander around weird forum. Yeah, that's what I expected.

Most importantly, when will Kirito go in the damn game?! Yeah, yeah, I know, next episode... sigh
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2009
Splitter said:
Unlucky-kat said:

[spoiler]Well, I know he isn't because I read LastChapter's spoiler post and I feel that "two or more people are the killer" bit is overdone and a cop out", but that's not a fault of the series (especially since I don't know the details derp), just of the cliche.

The anime just made it predictable with all the hints and stroking stuff, it's different if you read the LN, Reki barely gave us any information regarding the death gun until later when digging deeper into Kirito's memories about his time at Aincard.
Jul 19, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
[quote=7thVoid[/quote]
Shit, I have a fear if heights yet I climb sixty to eighty foot trees without any gear just so I can say I can do things even with this fear. Scary as hell but it can happen. Her fear of guns isn't well defined I'll say that much. Actually her change of personality in the game for me is like a coping mechanism. She tries to fight through her pain in ggo to overcome it in real life, but when push comes to shove she's still unable to face the reality that reality itself is nothing but a cruel game with permanent consequences.[/quote]

That makes more sense and in a way rationalizes the whole thing. I retract part of my original statement.

Jun 2013
Detective Kazuto on the case!
My sympathies for Shino.

Jun 2012
I don't know about you guys, but what shock me the most isn't Sinon's reaction to guns, or her flashback or whatever. It's the fact that they have a connection fee? And the way I understand it it's not a monthly subscription. If it's a F2P, okay. But I have my doubts on this one (And I hope they can play a set amount of time whitout paying extra fee in this case). Aaaaand, all items are reset if you go and play on another game, or mmo at least. That's... this world is a real rip-off haha.

If I was Sinon, I would be traumatized by that. I may have misunderstood how it works though.
Jul 19, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Nice episode overall!!! We got to learn a lot about sinon and learned what her motives are. Though I admit playing a gun game when your terrified of guns isn't exactly the best way to overcome your fear but thats just me nitpicking. The show will finally kick into full gear now that kirito is finally in GGO.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.