Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 18, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
I still don't understand why animation studios do flash forwards for their first episode. I guess it's to attract the people that have only been exposed to action shonen.
Jul 18, 2014 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Seccand said:
I still don't understand why animation studios do flash forwards for their first episode. I guess it's to attract the people that have only been exposed to action shonen.

It can work really well with some things but in a series like this where its like "Look how serious this show will be" and then follow it up with a "Look how ridiculous this show is" is pretty dumb. Lol I don't know who is directing this but they should be fired.
Jul 18, 2014 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
T3hSource said:
DejWoSWK said:
Worst anime of this season so far,still,I am going to keep on watching.
Tried Momo Kyun Sword or Himegoto yet?
But as the biggest fail, I'm more inclined to agree.

Honestly,no. But after a quick search via google,I'd rather not.
Jul 18, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
Well I gotta say this episode was pretty bad comparing it to the manga, they removed the humor which I honestly is a huge part of why I liked the manga in the 1st place, the main dude was way more amusing and fun the overall atmosphere was more lighthearted while still kinda being serious so it had a good balance but this is just not very good also the pacing is way too fast its kinda all over the place, If they keep at it like this then I cant say this will be a good adaptation but I was kind of expecting that honestly
Jul 18, 2014 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
More character references to Ga Rei Zero. Nice to see Nabuu (or Nabuu?) and Kiri [won't make sense if you haven't seen GRZ].

Overall enjoyable episode!
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Jul 18, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
So that how Rinka and others got their esper powers.

Rinka's dad caused a lots of damage.

Lol at Rinka gave an epic kick to her dad's face.
Jul 18, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
Keten said:
Seccand said:

It can work really well with some things but in a series like this where its like "Look how serious this show will be" and then follow it up with a "Look how ridiculous this show is" is pretty dumb. Lol I don't know who is directing this but they should be fired.

Same thing can be said about Psycho Pass and White Album 2. It ruined my experience more than drawn me to the anime.
Jul 18, 2014 3:10 PM
Aug 2011
Zeally said:
clearly you are exaggerating because it doesn't have
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Worst nightmare!! I'm putting it under a spoiler for the sake of humanity.
But I feel like we are just 1 senpai away from having it and that is too close for my comfort.
Jul 18, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
DejWoSWK said:
Keten said:

Same thing can be said about Psycho Pass and White Album 2. It ruined my experience more than drawn me to the anime.
Except that Psycho-Pass is a masterpiece.
Jul 18, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
Always amazes me how much people whine about fanservice. Is anyone forcing you to look there? Why must you be so selfish as to deny others what they like out of anime? Oh wait, this is MAL.

For the record: I approve of removing the pantsu ^_^ If she was going to end up phasing through her bed and the rest of her clothes, why would she leave her panties on?

Anyway, interesting twist here in the second episode. I'm glad they went with the cold open in the first ep to lock people in and make sure we'd be watching. Now I don't feel so bad about the first ep being confusing, since none of it was particularly supposed to make sense to someone who hasn't read the manga.

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing the White Girl's kick a lot in the future. The second episode feels a lot more like what the synopsis describes ... though now I want to hurry up and get to the big Esper war!
Jul 18, 2014 3:49 PM

Dec 2013
Enjoyable episode. Not a big fan of the opening though. It felt really cheesy. 4/5
Jul 18, 2014 4:09 PM
May 2014
Horrible, dropped.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 18, 2014 4:12 PM

Jan 2014
Really great anime- a pity it's airing in the same season
with this many superb anime so right now it doesn't get
as much attention as it should. But, if it continues being
so good, I guess it'll have it's time to shine, eventually..
Jul 18, 2014 4:15 PM
Sep 2013
Seems like an ok anime usually these shows pick up after a few episodes.
Jul 18, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm I wonder why they changed it up last week? If this was supposed to be the first ep then it wasn't bad at all. They set it up pretty well. The fish seem to be going into contact with various people and people powers are being awaken. Well I'm enjoyed last week ep much more but its still interesting to me. Plus I still want to see her fight those espers back in the first ep.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 18, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
So we get a little backstory from Rinka in this episode. 1st episode was giving me the hype then this episode, was sort of a downer since I want to see more action. At least I have some answers on why the espers have powers and stuff. The daddy is funny tbh XD.

Oh well I hope next episode it will end the backstory.

Jul 18, 2014 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
eh i guess the story is ok...but the way the espers look are SO LAME :/
I mean what kind of person carries a water tank on their head or magnets on their back
Jul 18, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Kind of a sloppy follow up after a more bombastic first episode. It felt rushed but that's what you can expect when they want to cram a lot of chapters into 12 episodes. There were some nice references though (Wolverine and Katamari Damacy?). Still more interested to see how it progresses compared to the likes of Akame ga Kill and Aldnoah Zero.
Jul 18, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, that ED is off the chain.
Jul 18, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. The abilities shown are pretty cool.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 18, 2014 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
Already lost a lot of faith in them with how they handled the first episode and with these small changing here and there i don't know how this is gonna turn out.

main things that bothered me was Rinka's hair not always being white how i thought it was in the manga,and they took out a lot of the comedy which i enjoy among all the chaos that was happening

oh well it isn't the worst thing this season and not much is going on on Fridays besides jojo and a few other anyways so ill keep with it.
Jul 18, 2014 8:04 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed it, it was kind of cheesy at points but I do not mean that in a bad way. It was actually a lot of fun.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2013
It was neither good nor bad but since it's from the mangaka of GRZ, I expected more. Something tells me the studio's doing a bad job at adapting this or maybe I'm giving the mangaka too much credit.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 18, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know. This might be one of the few time i'll have to break my 3 episode minimum policy. :(

They've really done a number on this one. So many craptastic pointless changes. >: I

Just don't know if I can take much more, especially if they continue to molest the original this way...
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 18, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2009
I actually liked this episode and took it for what it was. I understand the first episode was to draw in an audience in order to get them to watch. And it accomplished that goal. Now we witness all the events up to that point. I thought it was a good episode. and I don't really have any complaints being an anime only viewer.

But as people keep pointing out the tasteless fanservice of her being naked, it is now starting to bother me. I hope they keep the fanservice to a minimum. but we'll see.

Jul 18, 2014 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
This was a pretty good episode.

How people are getting upset at Rinka fanservice is beyond me. Please keep getting mad at the sexy naked girl with superpowers...makes sense.

The dad and all of the cheesy stuff that happened was actually pretty funny.

I don't want to hate on Faylan, but I did not like that OP very much. This show basically pulled a Mahou Sensou and made the crappier song the OP and the cool badass song the ED.

Speaking of ED, that video went full Nudist Beach. Not that it's anything to complain over!
Jul 18, 2014 8:51 PM

Nov 2012
That was a pretty fun episode tbh. The dad stuff was pretty cheesy, he seems like magneto or something. There will be a lot of x-men comparisons with this anime probably haha

I just love the concept of a bunch of people with unique powers.

So we get to see her origin story here sort of. Seems like a normal high school girl with some strong morals there to stand up to that theif chick, shes an okay protagonist so far I guess.

It seems like a lot of people might be prone to abuse their newfound powers to get riches or power just like this theif boxer chick, maybe they'll be the villans?

I'm also very curious about this floating fish/penguin phenomenon that caused people to get powers Ii hope that gets explained at some point.
Jul 18, 2014 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
Jonesy974 said:
This was a pretty good episode.

How people are getting upset at Rinka fanservice is beyond me. Please keep getting mad at the sexy naked girl with superpowers...makes sense.

The dad and all of the cheesy stuff that happened was actually pretty funny.

I don't want to hate on Faylan, but I did not like that OP very much. This show basically pulled a Mahou Sensou and made the crappier song the OP and the cool badass song the ED.

Speaking of ED, that video went full Nudist Beach. Not that it's anything to complain over!

Well gotta remember anime logic for showing naked girls: No nipples/vagina shown on character (basically just skin where private parts usually are) = not really nudity. Think of it as they are wearing a really tight skin suit haha. I've seen that in a number of anime.
Jul 18, 2014 9:24 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure if they were just too lazy to animate it or something but if her dad could pull cars with his magnetic powers, he should have been pulling so many more things but wasn't. Felt like they were kinda lazy there.

Getting nothing but Marvel comic vibes from this, specifically X-Men + Great Powers n Great Responsibilities crap.

Also annoyed at those repeat scenes like when she did the kick in the beginning. Funny pun though.
Jul 18, 2014 9:34 PM

Oct 2013
seems ep1 was attractive, then hmm, need a couple ep to confirm.
Jul 18, 2014 11:49 PM

Dec 2013
Thankfully I watched this episode last because if I watched Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? last i would of had a terrible taste in my mouth going to bed.

This was a good secondary opening episode as the first episode showed what is happening presently and the second episode showed how the landscape of the Espers were made.

My biggest problem is that at least with how it's shaping so far is that there is far more bad espers than good espers and i really want more of a league than just 3-4 good espers and 100 bad ones.
Jul 19, 2014 12:32 AM

Sep 2013
who wouldn't give up their part-time job to chase a flying penguin. I would!

Jul 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
Wow that went down fast. What's up with her dad not even thinking why all those cars stuck to him and still trying to keep moving? is he really that idiotic? tbh that's the one thing that really bothered me. I don't care about the fan service (I'm not gay like you guys), I've accepted fan service is part of anime.

I also don't read the manga so I don't care whatever they changed, I'm judging this based on anime alone. So far the pace and character introduction are fine for me. I don't get why people even complained about hair color, is it really that important? all I got was her hair turned white when she used her power, why is that even such a big deal O.o?? I'm more bothered by the main characters' seemingly "weak" ESP power. I mean Kitty Pryde isn't exactly a fighter and the teleport guy is like a weaker version of Nightcrawler. Although a kick from high altitude should hurt, it doesn't seem to compare with the villain's abilities to create fire for example.

I hope they get to the meat of the story soon and return to the intense action like episode 1. As long as they keep the mentally-challenged father out of the story then it's fine.
Jul 19, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
Rinka falling through the floor, naked.. I like that. Still implied the same message in having no control of her power, only a small change from the manga. Don't mind how they've covered the first few chapters so far, enjoyed it.

Peggi lol. It is so strange to see a flying penguin

Jul 19, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2011
MoeGod said:
Wow that went down fast. What's up with her dad not even thinking why all those cars stuck to him and still trying to keep moving? is he really that idiotic? tbh that's the one thing that really bothered me. I don't care about the fan service (I'm not gay like you guys), I've accepted fan service is part of anime.

I also don't read the manga so I don't care whatever they changed, I'm judging this based on anime alone. So far the pace and character introduction are fine for me. I don't get why people even complained about hair color, is it really that important? all I got was her hair turned white when she used her power, why is that even such a big deal O.o?? I'm more bothered by the main characters' seemingly "weak" ESP power. I mean Kitty Pryde isn't exactly a fighter and the teleport guy is like a weaker version of Nightcrawler. Although a kick from high altitude should hurt, it doesn't seem to compare with the villain's abilities to create fire for example.

I hope they get to the meat of the story soon and return to the intense action like episode 1. As long as they keep the mentally-challenged father out of the story then it's fine.

It isn't really her ESP power that makes her strong. It merely functions as an equalizer. That's all I'll say.
Jul 19, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2010
Episode 1 was okay... But this is just... meh....

2/5
Jul 19, 2014 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
DejWoSWK said:

Except that Psycho-Pass is a masterpiece.

Back when I watched it was 7,5-8/10 anime. By no means a bad anime,but neither a masterpiece. IMHO
Jul 19, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2013
I was surprised she fell from the second floor. Passing through things I see. Another teleporter. Still, the effects of the teleports process is good. Looks like fading smoke.
Should have been episode one. Spoiled some scenes because of it. This will most likely be normal for me.
Jul 19, 2014 4:15 AM

Jul 2012
So the glowing fish are to blame. The glowing fish are swimming through the air and ignoring gravity and giving people powers. I mean who do those fish thing they are?

Great episode!!!
Jul 19, 2014 4:57 AM

Aug 2010
When I stop and think about it, the change that Rinka's hair only change when she uses her powers does make sense.

For one, she will not get caught right where she stands.

Then there is the old japanses belief that white hair was a sign of demonic possesion. While not exactly demonic, Rinka is defenilty possesed by a magical fish that gives her powers.
Jul 19, 2014 5:06 AM

May 2014
SagaraYuzuru said:
When I stop and think about it, the change that Rinka's hair only change when she uses her powers does make sense.

For one, she will not get caught right where she stands.

Then there is the old japanses belief that white hair was a sign of demonic possesion. While not exactly demonic, Rinka is defenilty possesed by a magical fish that gives her powers.
MUST.RESIST.THE.URGE.TO.READ.THE.MANGA!

Ugh... I guess I won't be visiting the discussions and just watch this is stupidly done action and when it's over I'll transition into the manga.
Jul 19, 2014 5:20 AM

Mar 2012
So much fanservice *o* xD jk

Good episode
Jul 19, 2014 5:44 AM

Apr 2014
lol wtf did I just watch? Naked girl falling through the floor? And a guy that looks like an older version of wolverine with magneto's power? It gave off a lot of x men vibe.
Jul 19, 2014 5:46 AM

Dec 2010
Why does everybody complain about not adhering to the manga? Dont you guys get that its an adaptation? if you wanna see scene to scene adaptation of the manga, then just imagine it in your heads. Theres absolutely no adaptation that sticks so closely. Its stupid. This anime/manga doesnt even have deep symbolism that the little changes might disturb so give it a rest guys
As an anime-only watcher, i found this pretty darn good. Its way better than some other crap shows that everyone just seems to adore (SAO 2, Prisma shit, invaders of the r-something). Stop complaining about the fan service too, it hardly had any! I've seen more fan service in akame ga kill for pete's sake. As a gay guy, i dont even like seeing bouncy boobs, but you can hardly bash this episode for that. It had none ._.
This episode was pretty darn great :3 Looking forward to the next one
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jul 19, 2014 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
this episode was amazingly terrible... i haven't seen something this bad in a long time
won't watch this anymore.. this was beyond shitty
Jul 19, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
So nightcrawler Azuma just said his own version of "with great power comes great responsibility" lines -_-

I'm not really impressed with this series so far.
Jul 19, 2014 6:33 AM

May 2014
@Sam1198777
I've read only the first chapter and nothing else. The fan service while contextual, was also unnecessary, but I can overlook it easily.

What I can't overlook is the bad pacing and the bad characterization since they're obviously rushing through chapters and cutting out the actual comedy from them as well. The hair thing I can understand, but at the same time it takes something out from the Rinka's design.
Jul 19, 2014 6:52 AM

Dec 2010
T3hSource said:
@Sam1198777
I've read only the first chapter and nothing else. The fan service while contextual, was also unnecessary, but I can overlook it easily.

What I can't overlook is the bad pacing and the bad characterization since they're obviously rushing through chapters and cutting out the actual comedy from them as well. The hair thing I can understand, but at the same time it takes something out from the Rinka's design.
Like i said, i hardly saw any fanservice, and pacing, well, it seemed okay to me, not nearly as bad as black bullet or the like. Its just manga readers that are the first to complain, and i get that, but this is becoming more of a rant thread than a discussion thread,you know what i mean?
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jul 19, 2014 7:01 AM
Jun 2010
This is totally X-Men, so freaking awesome!

I see Xavier can teleport.
Jul 19, 2014 7:07 AM

May 2014
@Sam1198777
I see where you're coming from, but I find rants and complaints more fruitful to starting an actual discussion than one liners and unconditional praise.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 1, 2014

107 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.