Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 13, 2014 1:45 AM

Jul 2014
Often I see people confused about what this anime is about or just not gotten the story line in general. So for anyone who wants to try and get into the series I think what you really need to do is look up the manga and read as much as you can, then do some research on some of the characters backstories, because what most people seem to not know coming into this series is that there are multiple storylines (routes) to the anime.

I have found that the show becomes far more interesting and much less nonsensical once you have understood all the previous entries from the series, including the songs that go with it before watching the anime, otherwise you are likely to find yourself bored and loss because it seems to me that the anime isn't so much as a starting point but more a piece to an already existing puzzle of information, providing much more insight and explanation to events and problems that are not entirely addressed in the manga or other media.

Long story short. Better to read the manga/songs before watching the anime as they all contribute lone pieces to the plot.
Jul 13, 2014 11:35 AM
Nov 2011
Kjet said:
Often I see people confused about what this anime is about or just not gotten the story line in general. So for anyone who wants to try and get into the series I think what you really need to do is look up the manga and read as much as you can, then do some research on some of the characters backstories, because what most people seem to not know coming into this series is that there are multiple storylines (routes) to the anime.

I have found that the show becomes far more interesting and much less nonsensical once you have understood all the previous entries from the series, including the songs that go with it before watching the anime, otherwise you are likely to find yourself bored and loss because it seems to me that the anime isn't so much as a starting point but more a piece to an already existing puzzle of information, providing much more insight and explanation to events and problems that are not entirely addressed in the manga or other media.

Long story short. Better to read the manga/songs before watching the anime as they all contribute lone pieces to the plot.

And dont forget the novels! There is important information there!
Jul 14, 2014 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
Personally I just played the songs on Osu!(a rhythm game) before watching the series, and it helped a lot.
Would probably still read the manga

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Aug 13, 2014 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
An anime should be able to stand on its own in the industry, if not it should have a warning beforehand.

Most people who watch anime is because they find its the most enjoyable media and dont care about other, that why most people watch the anime adaptation no matter how good is the "original".

So its just a lame excuse to say that they should watch the other media for better understanding because that apply to EVERY show that is an adaptation. You should judge the show based on how it was not on how it connected with his other media that what an anime rating is, judging the anime version based on how much you know of the original that where opinion will differ.
Aug 15, 2014 2:19 AM

Mar 2010
Thai777 said:
An anime should be able to stand on its own in the industry, if not it should have a warning beforehand.

Most people who watch anime is because they find its the most enjoyable media and dont care about other, that why most people watch the anime adaptation no matter how good is the "original".

So its just a lame excuse to say that they should watch the other media for better understanding because that apply to EVERY show that is an adaptation. You should judge the show based on how it was not on how it connected with his other media that what an anime rating is, judging the anime version based on how much you know of the original that where opinion will differ.

But OP isn't trying to redeem the (terrible) adaptation, they are just saying that the series isn't enjoyable without prior introduction to the series, whether through the manga, novels, or PV series.
Aug 15, 2014 2:22 AM

Jan 2011
I could understand it fine without all that.
Aug 19, 2014 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
Katastrophee said:
Thai777 said:

But OP isn't trying to redeem the (terrible) adaptation, they are just saying that the series isn't enjoyable without prior introduction to the series, whether through the manga, novels, or PV series.

Oh my bad.
Aug 27, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2012
Thai777 said:

This is true, though.
Jun 29, 2021 8:39 PM
Dec 2017
yeah the multimedia project is pretty underated.

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.