Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, "give me more". Oh this OST.

The action was better than the previous episode. Erika was pretty persistent this episode not that I blame her. Out of all the tournament games so far, Monolith Code is probably the most toughest one so far with the others fighting over the Monolith.
Jul 12, 2014 8:57 AM
Oct 2013
LOL
So the cat is finally out of the bag. Erika is....a freakin' BROCON!!!! LMAO LOL
Jul 12, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2009
Miyuki said Gram Dispersion on that car accident but it's really Gram Demolition from how Mari remembered its effect. They can't even stay consistent on these things.

Erika using keigo and an old version at that is so out of character. And it takes one (brocon) to know one (brocon). Oh Miyuki.
Naotsugu looks so plain though. Not dere enough for Mari. So much for Chibas ruining people.

Masaki so OP. You'd think this will be a worthy challenge for Onii-sama. Hah, think again. This is nothing for Jesus Onii-sama.

Here was my first and only hope on shipping Erika and Miki but unfortunately it's never going to happen given the future developments. Shame.

This is taking far too long though even with all these cuts. If only they didn't show Yokohama parts in the OP I'd welcome this pace. Yokohama is going to be mutilated beyond recognition given the remaining episodes. There's probably 4 more episodes for the 9SC given the remaining events. I'm looking forward to how they do more damage.
belatkuroJul 12, 2014 10:12 AM
Jul 12, 2014 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
Seeing Erika; Iam already satisfied~

Eventhough it was different from the LN; I guess the feeling is the same~

Fast pace fighting is borish ass always~

Miyuki found a comrade~ Brocon Friends 4 Evah~~!

BTW Erika gave of a mother feeling~
Jul 12, 2014 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
i think the only thing i hate about this anime is having to wait a whole week for more epicness.

Miyuki and Erika BroCon army has been formed

Tatsuya still being a boss, wonder if he will use flash cast in his fight with ichijou
Jul 12, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
Nice seeing Tatsuya in action, hopefully we see some more next week.
Jul 12, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2014
This is still the best summer anime out there. (even if it started in spring lol) I think the pacing is ok. Much better than all the other animes right now. -.- SAO 2
Jul 12, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2010
This was a good episode precisely because they just let characters actually do stuff while keeping explanations that interrupt the action to a minimum.
Jul 12, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, it's Tatsuya's turn in the spotlight, he was pretty badass in here along with Leo and Mikihiko. LOL Erika's has a brother complex XD. She's really pretty in here, and I like the conversations between her and Mikihiko.

Kind of annoying when it comes to these fast paced competition one, but I felt this one felt normal imo. Wonder who is the No Head Dragon Organization thing.

Jul 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
wrenchbread said:
This was a good episode precisely because they just let characters actually do stuff while keeping explanations that interrupt the action to a minimum.

I think it's more to do with Tatsuya being in the action now, usually he'd be at the sidelines talking EVERY single thing through.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
Lol Miyuki saying Erica has brother complex... when she's the worst in that aspect ^^"

And I really dislike that counselor's voice somehow... I don't think it quite fit somehow...

Anyway it was a nice ep I guess :)
Btw I was kinda surprised to see so many bad reviews (with a score of 3), it's not that great but still... though I can totally understand most of their points ^^"
Jul 12, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2010
Vexper said:

I think it's more to do with Tatsuya being in the action now, usually he'd be at the sidelines talking EVERY single thing through.

At least this ep he only kept it a one-sentence comment when observing Third High's match.
Jul 12, 2014 12:16 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was really fun. Can't wait for next week's showdown between Third and First Highs.

I like this arc way more than the previous one. Raised my rating from a 7/10 to an 8/10 today.
Jul 12, 2014 12:18 PM

May 2012
Finally I can give one of Mahouka Episode 5/5.
I like all the actions and dialogues are balance. Not too mention a bit of comedy relief there and finally less Miyuki being annoying xD

I hope they keep up this episodes. I really anxious for next week, cant wait to see Tatsuya against Masaki and Shinkurou.

Of course, there is 80% probability that GOD TATSUYA will nail it. >.>
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 12, 2014 12:21 PM
May 2013
wrenchbread said:
Vexper said:

At least this ep he only kept it a one-sentence comment when observing Third High's match.

lol they skipped a lot. This match was the one he commented the most in the LN
Jul 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
Masaki and George raising losing flags like no tomorrow XD They're gonna get owned from their overconfidence esp since they think Tatsuya only has Gram Demolition.

They did make Masaki seem pretty OP there though so that's good I guess :3

I liked this ep quite a bit. One of the better ones.

Lol'd at Miyuki calling Erika a Brocon when she's the biggest Brocon in the world XD
Jul 12, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2010
HomeAlone said:
wrenchbread said:

lol they skipped a lot. This match was the one he commented the most in the LN

You say that like it's a bad thing. I say:

Mod Edit: Image is too large.
julyanJul 12, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 12, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2013
First good episode in a while.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 12, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I really enjoyed this. Tatsuya in action really is much better then hearing him do all those explanations. Also had to laugh at Erika's complete 180 in personality. It seems next ep will be a good one. I can't wait for it!
Jul 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
Rushed episode as usual. Kinda sad they cut the interactions with some of the other characters.

Nice Erika and Mikihiko moment. Too bad that ship is going nowhere.
Jul 12, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
I KNEW that I'd read somewhere that Mari had a boyfriend! So it was Erika's brother! Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, cause I still can't find any info on this stuff :P

Oh the irony of Miyuki teasing Erika for being a Brocon! Love how Tatsuya just completely ignores the girls conversation, I figured he would have reigned in Miyuki with another teasing remark, but Erika's over the top reaction more than made up for it.

I can't wait for the Monolith Code finals. Even though we all know that he is gonna absolutely wipe the floor with Misaki and Cardinal George, I just can't wait to see HOW he does it. I dislike the overconfidence that those two show on screen, watching Mr. Godly take them down a dozen pegs, whilst impressing ALL the girls will be good fun. Was actually expecting them to start the match this round though.

This episode, like the last had a lot more action and a lot less posturing. Made things all the better. Don't know why though, I keep on expecting the first OP to play once the first couple of minutes for the episode is over, the first OP still sounds more epic than the new one.

9/10. Bring on next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 12, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Masaki and George raising losing flags like no tomorrow XD They're gonna get owned from their overconfidence esp since they think Tatsuya only has Gram Demolition.

He does have other magics and stuff but he can't use it. The Magic army guys told him not to use any of his classified magics like decomposition so he can't use that.

Also the Yotsuba clan won't let him use flash cast so that's another powerful magic he cant use.
Jul 12, 2014 12:43 PM
May 2014
At last, a good episode. Madhouse finally got round to putting at least a decent amount of effort in the action scenes. Nice to see our Lord in action, too. And oh, Ichijou, I hope you really are a competent opponent to Tastuya. Those flashy sequences better not be for nothing.

Too bad there wasn't any Spinzaku kick in this episode, though. Hopefully it'll be in the next.
Jul 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Finally, something is happening. Let's see if the rumoured fight between Kirito and Ren Kouen Masaki and Tatsuya will be good.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jul 12, 2014 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
Wow.An episode i actually really liked - im kind of shocked and pleased.More eps like this one please.
Jul 12, 2014 1:08 PM

Sep 2010
This is one of the first episodes of this anime where I've actually been really upset it ended because I wanted to see more.

Finally Tatsuya is showing his power. Took him long enough..
Jul 12, 2014 1:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Erika calling Miyuki out as queen of the bro-cons was rather funny.

Decent episode. Finally.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 12, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
looks like the battle against suzaku..i mean masaki gonna be great
Jul 12, 2014 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Tatsuya in action.

Erika is being called Bro-con by Miyuki.
Jul 12, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
AHAHAH When Miyuki was like" Erika you have a brother's complex. :)" Erika was all " I DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT FROM YOU, YOU BRO CON QUEEN." xDDDD I laughed so hard.

YAYYYY people underestimate Tatsuya again!! Whoohoo

I can't wait for the next episode
Jul 12, 2014 1:15 PM
May 2013
eliterodriguez said:
Barion-Zara said:

He does have other magics and stuff but he can't use it. The Magic army guys told him not to use any of his classified magics like decomposition so he can't use that.

Also the Yotsuba clan won't let him use flash cast so that's another powerful magic he cant use.

Jul 12, 2014 1:30 PM
Jun 2014
How can there be one person giving this ep a rating of 1 out of 5 O.O. I'm stunned, guess there are people hating this anime for no good reasons......
Jul 12, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
majiloveanime said:
AHAHAH When Miyuki was like" Erika you have a brother's complex. :)" Erika was all " I DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT FROM YOU, YOU BRO CON QUEEN." xDDDD I laughed so hard.

YAYYYY people underestimate Tatsuya again!! Whoohoo

I can't wait for the next episode

BEST SCENE OF THE ENTIRE ANIME RIGHT THERE! I couldn't stop laughing after that.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jul 12, 2014 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
Can't wait for the epic showdown next week! I bet Tatsuya's got some other trump card on top of Gram Demolition that he'll use and Masaki and George will be like WTF was that?
Jul 12, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2012
cant wait when tatsuya beats those 2 , they are acting way to cocky
Jul 12, 2014 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
Does anyone know the name of the song where it starts whistling and then a dubstep ish part comes up? It also says ''give me some more''
Jul 12, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
I like how Third High is really confident they will win. I hope to see them lose very soon =). I also like the pairing of Tatsuya and the counselor >=)
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Jul 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2012
Lol this was so awesome! COD type shit.
Jul 12, 2014 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
decent episode i guess but i feel this was more like a setup episode for the big fight coming up
Jul 12, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
OP spell dismantling
Final Round next week ~

Jul 12, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
i wish the episode was longer :(
i am really curious about the final match :oo
Jul 12, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Im quite sad how they cut the first game of tatsuya, there was a lot of discussion between mari/mayumi about tatsuya fighting's style. Oh well...
Jul 12, 2014 3:04 PM
Jan 2014
This was a good episode. Got to see Tatsuya in action again.
I laughed out hard when Erika called out Miyuki to be the brocon queen.
I think Erika is more suited for Mikihiko, rather than her brother though.
Really wanna see the faces of both Masaki and Cardinal George after the final match of Monolith Code.
Jul 12, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
NIce, about time an episode that Tatsuya is in action again, and it seems the best is yet to come.
LOL @ Haruka Ono at the end.
Jul 12, 2014 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
So Monolith Code is some sort of CTF. I kinda like it. Good to see some action that lasts more than a minute.
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jul 12, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
Good to see Tatsuya The God in action for a change.

Jul 12, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
The fights went by kind of fast. They definitely didn't do Mikihiko justice. Next episode is going to be intense though. I can't wait for the show down.

L-Ryoshi said:
I KNEW that I'd read somewhere that Mari had a boyfriend! So it was Erika's brother! Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, cause I still can't find any info on this stuff :P

You're correct, Mari is dating Erika's brother.
appidoJul 12, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 12, 2014 3:44 PM
Jul 2014
NatsuWM said:
Does anyone know the name of the song where it starts whistling and then a dubstep ish part comes up? It also says ''give me some more''

it's a song on the OSTalbum named "Code Break" by LotusJuice

the one song i like is during the competition, and it's right before the code break song. if you re-watch ep 15 at the 6:44 mark you can hear the song starting up. that's the one song i'm looking for, but unable to find it. it's not in the OST either :(

if anyone knows the name of the song, pls assist...thx.
Jul 12, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
I was expecting a bit of a sneak peek between First and Third High Monolith Code match... ahh. The pacing... hopefully it is exciting next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
Cardinal George is severely underestimating Tatsuya here xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

458 by BlueSnow93 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.