Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
fst said:
Nothing yet, but when you pile on additional features like prediction lines and such, it gives you so much more room for exploitation. Not that this show has a character with a long and storied history of being able to break the game mechanics and ignore rules for no reason other than the fact that he's an author self-insert character.
iirc they were broken once because Mr. Mad Scientist Admin God Kayaba decided he liked Kirito and gave him a deus ex machina hand. Other than that not much was broken.

Go watch the last episode of the Aincrad arc again.
Jul 12, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
Loved the action, it was very intense. And the animation was great too on the fighting scenes.
Jul 12, 2014 4:30 PM
Mar 2012
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
This was a decent episode. But I still hate how they take the game to fucking seriously. Like why the hell did that guy run out of cover and throw a grenade...

Unless you yourself played a pay to play internationally competitive virtual reality game where you can earn money, you probably won't understand. But that's a good question.
Jul 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
Maybe It's just me taking it to the personal side.
I love shooting games and there's not more pleasant than hitting a marksman shot.
Therefore If I see something that doesn't follow the norm I get a little mad.
Like these CoD kids with their 360 No-scope.

Guess I will calm down and accept the game rules and the players the author created.
Just make it sure to seem awesome, dear A1.
Jul 12, 2014 4:32 PM

Feb 2014
That was a pretty badass episode! Sinon is pretty freaking good with that sniper rifle! She'd be a perfect ally for kirito who likes to go up close and personal! Looks like he is about to tell Asuna his plan to go into GGO and deal with Death Gun!
Jul 12, 2014 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
SIIIIIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
That was pretty good. I liked the guns, and lol Silica..
This is looking good so far.
Jul 12, 2014 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Botato said:
iirc they were broken once because Mr. Mad Scientist Admin God Kayaba decided he liked Kirito and gave him a deus ex machina hand. Other than that not much was broken.

If you're referring to why Kirito survived long enough to kill Kayaba, I remember that in most deaths they showed that there's a certain amount of time before the player's avatar disappears.
If that's not what happened, well okay, it was only one case.

Stop being so harsh on SAO fst-kun.
Jul 12, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
fst said:

If you're referring to why Kirito survived long enough to kill Kayaba, I remember that in most deaths they showed that there's a certain amount of time before the player's avatar

There is.
Problem is that in the anime there is a difference in the duration thanks to "overdramatization".
Jul 12, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Shino is so badass, until now, she's being my favorite character. I really liked the battle between her and the minigun guy.

And the reference of Silica in SAO I, holding her skirt, I laughed so hard.

Btw, Asuna is way better in ALO, so pretty.
Jul 12, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
RockerXD said:
JoksPacifist said:
While is somewhat awesome, this clearly represents how much Reki, as himself acknowledge, doesn't know shit about FPS.
As a FPS fan, it hits me hard.
Someone with a sniper who can hit from 1,5 km can't take down a huge slow target. Ok.

Game mechanics, after the first shot is fired, there is a red line indicating a shot is coming, giving enough time for players to react. Those red lines aren't just effects you know zzz

People need to stop thinking of this as counterstrike and start thinking of it as Fallout 3.

This is an MMORPG, not an Esports shooter.

Also calling everything in every anime Deus Ex Machina makes you sound like an idiot.

Asspulls are common across all mediums, from video games, to anime, to HBO tv shows about dragons and zombies.

Get over it.
Jul 12, 2014 4:47 PM
Oct 2012
this season is moving too damn slow!
Jul 12, 2014 4:49 PM
Oct 2010
jaxjaxk said:

What do you guys mean by this anyway? They did two episodes, one reintroducing the MC and his harem and the other introducing the other MC and the game itself. I think if they were going any faster than this it would have been awful.
Jul 12, 2014 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
skudoops said:
jaxjaxk said:

What do you guys mean by this anyway? They did two episodes, one reintroducing the MC and his harem and the other introducing the other MC and the game itself. I think if they were going any faster than this it would have been awful.

It isn't really slow (it is more or less at the pace of the LN), but anyways they are just whining over nothing because they want to piss people off.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 12, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
Kirito and Asuna being all 'lovey dovey' made me facepalm.

Kirito-chan the Black Swordsman, what a hero!

The scenes with Shinon were decent though, as I expected, as those were the best parts even in the Light Novels.
Jul 12, 2014 5:07 PM
Oct 2012
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
It isn't really slow (it is more or less at the pace of the LN), but anyways they are just whining over nothing because they want to piss people off.

Show a little pity for them, they were all set to blast the show, the probably spent months coming up with their insults, and then the show so far has been a pleasant surprise giving them really nothing to complain about yet. All their plans dashed, it would be adult of them to say "hey this isn't half bad", but of course they aren't adults, hence the call it "slow" (I didn't say the insults they came up with were clever or anything :-), even though this episode was pretty much non stop action.
Jul 12, 2014 5:08 PM

Apr 2011
Very good episode and Sinon is just a badass sniping that body guard with one leg. Also love the ED theme.
HikarusukeJul 12, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 12, 2014 5:12 PM
Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:

Show a little pity for them, they were all set to blast the show, the probably spent months coming up with their insults, and then the show so far has been a pleasant surprise giving them really nothing to complain about yet. All their plans dashed, it would be adult of them to say "hey this isn't half bad", but of course they aren't adults, hence the call it "slow" (I didn't say the insults they came up with were clever or anything :-), even though this episode was pretty much non stop action.

It's basically them complaining how the first episode did not have enough action and the second didn't have enough plot. It's interesting to see the hypocrisy.
Jul 12, 2014 5:16 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
fst said:

If you're referring to why Kirito survived long enough to kill Kayaba, I remember that in most deaths they showed that there's a certain amount of time before the player's avatar disappears.

Not my fault it's shit.
Jul 12, 2014 5:21 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Botato said:

Not my fault it's shit.
B-But it's not.
Jul 12, 2014 5:25 PM

Mar 2014
@Takuan_soho - xD I like that.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 12, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2011
Looks like they have shown us GGO. Even with that, kind of boring, can't wait to see how this game spices up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh donkey excrement episode #2 makes its grand entrance into Gay Guy Orgasm. Mediocrity can only go so far before it stops being an excuse to be such. Mr. Minigun raising his jizz-cannon and screaming just made him look like that other old guy who was into school girls. No surprise I'm watching Pedo Art Online after all with the loli being tentacle fondled again.

1.5/5 episode, only because it ended.
Jul 12, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
Quite an enjoyable episode, the gun fight was good and I thought having some shooting in first person was a cool touch. The only thing that was a bit iffy for me was how the leader was terrified of dying, saying he was overreacting seems an euphemism...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 12, 2014 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
people are giving it a bad rating while nothing bad happend? this community is rotten
Jul 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Ugh donkey excrement episode #2 makes its grand entrance into Gay Guy Orgasm. Mediocrity can only go so far before it stops being an excuse to be such. Mr. Minigun raising his jizz-cannon and screaming just made him look like that other old guy who was into school girls. No surprise I'm watching Pedo Art Online after all with the loli being tentacle fondled again.

Fun read. Objectively though, very poorly written so 2/10.
Jul 12, 2014 5:44 PM
Jul 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:

My problem with this episode as someone who hasn't read the light novels: who is this girl, and why should i care about her? she's a badass which is cool, but if you want me to be emotionally invested in her i need more than that, i need PERSONALITY, and someone who engages me as a viewer. Her personality so far is flat and her character arc SEEMS like it's going to be predictable, a girl with a traumatic past who kirito will help out somehow blah blah blah. i hope i'm wrong. Her introduction was weak but ill give it a few weeks to see if she develops into someone worth my emotinal investement b/c right now i don't see why i should care about her at all. The episode wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing it was ok.
Jul 12, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2010
Really need to drop the people acting as if their lives are on line, like it's still Aincrad.
Jul 12, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
LastChapter said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Congrats sir for the best shit post I've cared to read today.
I guess I'll translate it into a real post since I feel bad about leaving it this way:

I like how this episode explores the mechanics of GGO and sets up what to expect from the new game world. Sinon is both composed and reliable so I hope she fairs better as a heroine and doesn't get sidelined to make Kirito shine. That captain overreacting about dying seemed silly but when I consider that GGO is used to make real cash it makes more sense. Plus if anyone has ever played CoD, there's people on there who scream and thrash around over dying on that so it doesn't surprise me.

The ALO part made me cringe though, especially Silica serving as no more than a fetish-device as I've never seen her contribute any more to SAO than being the loli imouto / tentacle victim.
Jul 12, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
Solid episode, One question will Sinon have any romantic interest in Kirito?
Jul 12, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:

Wow you just wasted a few seconds of my life. I give you 1/10.

Jul 12, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
Shinon is pretty badass. I enjoyed this episode ^^
Jul 12, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
skudoops said:
Oh btw, what's the death penalty in this game? They may have mentioned it in the first episode, but I can't really remember. I only remember that you can get real money from the game.

It wasnt mentioned but the death penalty in GGO is your gear. If you die you loose all of your items including your guns. So if Sinon were to die, she would loose her hecate sniper. Although in the tournaments like the bullet of bullets, they dont drop gear.
Jul 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
OMG ITS SINON

[sarcasm]

[not sarcasm]
Jul 12, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2010
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
OMG ITS SINON

[sarcasm]

[not sarcasm]

Dat ass doe.
Jul 12, 2014 6:04 PM
Dec 2013
itsxtray said:
Takuan_Soho said:

My problem with this episode as someone who hasn't read the light novels: who is this girl, and why should i care about her? she's a badass which is cool, but if you want me to be emotionally invested in her i need more than that, i need PERSONALITY, and someone who engages me as a viewer. Her personality so far is flat and her character arc SEEMS like it's going to be predictable, a girl with a traumatic past who kirito will help out somehow blah blah blah. i hope i'm wrong. Her introduction was weak but ill give it a few weeks to see if she develops into someone worth my emotinal investement b/c right now i don't see why i should care about her at all. The episode wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing it was ok.

It's still 2 eps goddamit..what d u expect?
Wait until the whole episodes come out, then criticize...
Jul 12, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2009
I'm gonna go ahead and say this'll probably be the best episode if only because Kirito wasn't the center of attention.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jul 12, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest, the episode had a good amount of action but I don't know, it was boring. To sniper the bad guys is nothing what excites me :/
Jul 12, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
Sinon was pretty awesome in this episode.
Nice to see some familiar characters at the end.
Hopefully we get to see Kirito enter GGO soon.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 12, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
Tendou-kun said:
To be honest, the episode had a good amount of action but I don't know, it was boring. To sniper the bad guys is nothing what excites me :/

There was a reason why they did this scene and thats so the viewers are introduced to the new game mechanics. Also, it was to show Sinon in GGO. I bet the next episode will be Sinon (Shino IRL) and show her backstory and the reasons why she didn't like the fact that behemoth was smiling on the battlefield and her shaky hands when she jumped out of the game.
Jul 12, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2013
Sinon got the spotlight this episode. Awesome way to introduce her.
She looked so badass when she killed the guy with the minigun named Behemoth. I mean she lost half of her leg and was able to kill a guy while in the air.

It's been a long time since I've seen Leafa and the others.
Jul 12, 2014 6:42 PM
Jan 2013
Yet again another boring episode. Pretty make the ending of episode one but extended longer. They make sniper action so boring in this.... i'm sorry but she does same thing over and over and over. Make a shoot make if possible make another shot then move to next location. They can at least try to make it more interesting like when she had the pistol.... Plus ALO was in this episode so yea... i had skip 4 minutes of this show. 2/5
Also that guy with the minigun had an orgasm when he was shooting at the blue hair bitch when she was falling was pretty funny.
kitkatxzJul 12, 2014 7:06 PM
Jul 12, 2014 6:42 PM

May 2011
5/5 just because Shinon was amazing. *^*

Jul 12, 2014 6:43 PM

May 2013
I'm starting to love this OP! And the ED's for Sinon, how wonderful! (^_^)

Hired Bodyguard Behemoth was like, "I'm so happy! I want to smile!"
But Badass Best Sniper Sinon was like, "No smiling! I want to be stronger!"
Shots fired.

Hmm, PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II seems like an awesome weapon.
I wonder if there's more backstory to it.

At least Silica, Leafa, Lisbeth, Yui, Asuna, and Kirito appeared at the end, playing some ALO.
It'd be weird to have an episode without Kirito in it.

Female Kirito, will you be arriving soon?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 12, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
When Sinon shot that monster for the umpteenth time, i thought "she really needs a better weapon". Well, the end of that scene explained a lot ;)

Also seems like Kirito has some explaining to do. Will he be able to do it this time, or will he hesitate again?
Jul 12, 2014 6:49 PM

May 2011
fst said:
Botato said:
What about them?

Nothing yet, but when you pile on additional features like prediction lines and such, it gives you so much more room for exploitation. Not that this show has a character with a long and storied history of being able to break the game mechanics and ignore rules for no reason other than the fact that he's an author self-insert character.

I'll assure you, his competitive edge isn't literally game breaking, and SORT of makes sense
Jul 12, 2014 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
It was an okay episode. I laughed at how the characters in GGO take it too seriously.
Jul 12, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
nice action episode that was
Jul 12, 2014 6:57 PM

Nov 2012
a whole episode for action, but I find the battle extremely lacking, totally not dramatic at all.
I did read the LN of this arc, and this battle was damn exciting in the novel
Jul 12, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2008
Clearly Sinon had to kill the big guy by jumping off a tall building do some 360 quick scope to the head, full on CoD style :D. Anyways, it was a nice action episode, pretty fun to watch.
Jul 12, 2014 7:05 PM

Jun 2009
Sinon, just from this episode alone put her on top of my list for best character in SAO. I was having a hard time finding a instant favorite or favorite in general in season one then Simon comes along and snags that role.

Oh yeah Kirito and the rest in ALO characters, that scene seem a bit boring in comparison. Kirito get to GGO already then again I am ok with Sinon being the center of attention.
castironkidJul 12, 2014 7:11 PM
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.