Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
pacuuuuu3 said:
That was awesome! But it's kind of unbelievable how Sinon dodged all the bullets and won...

but she didn't dodge all the bullets so you are wrong :|

Jul 12, 2014 2:18 PM
Jan 2012
Good episode, Sinon was really amazing !

Many things from the novel are missing, but I guess they have no other choice if they don't want to make it too slow. Or it will eventually be explained later.

And I think the ALO scene (which is not present in the novel) was really unnecessary.

Good overall for the introduction so far.
Jul 12, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2012
pacuuuuu3 said:
That was awesome! But it's kind of unbelievable how Sinon dodged all the bullets and won...

Did you miss the part where her leg got shot off?
Jul 12, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
pacuuuuu3 said:

He couldnt lift his heavy ass machine gun high enough.

Also the guns sounded like shit.
They were using M4A1's and 7.62 Russian machine guns and all their guns sounded like suppressed MP5 airsoft guns.
Jul 12, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
Well that was interesting entire episode was a gun fight >.>?????
Well I guess next week we will find more about the story?
i want to see them in GGO not in ALO hopefully next episode maybe ???
[/quote]
Jul 12, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
therandomestguy said:
I think it doesn't really make sense that Sinon didn't die at the end there. I know they wanted her to look really badass but I mean, she jumped out of a high ass tower and took heavy damage from a minigun, including having her leg blown off, and still survives. Apparently there's no fall damage in GGO.

Actually in GGO fall damege exist, but the recoil of hecate cushioned the fall, thats why Sinon delayed firing of the gun
Jul 12, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
Could they be anymore melodramatic? It's a damn video game! Without the element of "you die in real life too", there is no reason to give even a fraction of a shit about anything that happened in this episode.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 12, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2009
This was GREAT. Ditch Kirito and make Sinon the lead.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 12, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
pacuuuuu3 said:

she knew that behamont could not lift the minigun, because of its incredible weight, that's why she decides to jump looking to stay above him, also she use the recoil of hekate to avoid fall damage :) , novel is so much better telling details
Jul 12, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
I like the ending theme for this season. It reminds me a lot of the PVs I see in Vocaloid songs. And I'm pretty sure the audience is satisfied with some more action that we get to see in this episode too. (They shouldn't expect a lot from the first episode since it was all introduction.)

Ahh this brings back memories...
Jul 12, 2014 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
this episode was a thousand times better then the first episode wich sucked some major as*.

Looking forward to more sinon altough i hope she wont be the typical " I need to get stronger " character because they kinda piss me off
Jul 12, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, i really liked this episode.

And i can already tell that i like Sinon much more than Kirito at the beginning of season 1 ._.

But i was really annoyed when they showed ALO (-_-#)
Just stick to GGO please.
Jul 12, 2014 2:50 PM
Aug 2012
Was a really good episode.
But why did they need to do more stuff with ALO? This was the reason why SAO sucked at the end. Hopefully this won't happen often...
Jul 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
tomi02 said:
this episode was a thousand times better then the first episode wich sucked some major as*.

Looking forward to more sinon altough i hope she wont be the typical " I need to get stronger " character because they kinda piss me off

There is a complicated background behind her, she wants to be stronger but for a good reason
Jul 12, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
ThreePointer said:
I like the ending theme for this season. It reminds me a lot of the PVs I see in Vocaloid songs. And I'm pretty sure the audience is satisfied with some more action that we get to see in this episode too. (They shouldn't expect a lot from the first episode since it was all introduction.)

Ahh this brings back memories...

ahhh i forgot about that

tentacle rape scene check

Jul 12, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2014
It was a great episode, Ost is slowly getting better too. Though I'm expecting better Ost from this Anime. Anyway, I'm waiting to see Kirito in action.
Jul 12, 2014 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
Those guns are so pretty *-*. Anyway, I think Sinon is a cool character, and it looks like this will get more interesting.
Jul 12, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2012
Ok episode good action, but what's the point of having good action scenes if i don't know anything about the characters in the action scene it felt like i was watching random guys playing an online fps. The writing is still too corny for me to take it seriously like ,,he smiles on the battlefield so he's strong'' he's winning in a game idiot that's why he smiles. The animation and music where by far the best parts from the episode but you expect that from Yuki Kajura and A-1 pictures with the budget they have for this series. Overall still not impressed but i didn't expected much from SAO 2 so turn of youre brain and enjoy the show for what it is.
Jul 12, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
I have so much to say that I decided to not say anything, except Shino in game looks HNG xD.
Jul 12, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode
Jul 12, 2014 3:23 PM
Nov 2008
Aenigma66 said:
it seems that now, Kirito isn't the broken one xD
C'mon, that headshot by Sinon was ridiculous (but damn awesome).
Heck, Sinon herself is bloody awesome.
Hope GGO stays this way.

Pffffft HAHAHAHAHA you will see, just wait. (had to login just to say that)

@ep
nice episode, didn't remember much of the ln (read it over a year ago). It will probably be better than the 1st season.
Jul 12, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2014
Ive got a feeling gun gale is gonna be bad
I thought this episode was stupid, they make everything about this one gun fight where everyone is terrified of dying even though unlike in sao you dont die in real life. The only guy who might be able to kill them is that death gun guy whose rumour is about as beleivible as a creepypasta.
Still ill keep watching in case it progresses
I've been here way too long...
Jul 12, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
I-I think I've fallen in love with Shinon <3

Jokes aside, if we forget the ALO part at the end, an episode without Kirito is pretty damn epic.
Jul 12, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2013
While is somewhat awesome, this clearly represents how much Reki, as himself acknowledge, doesn't know shit about FPS.
As a FPS fan, it hits me hard.
Someone with a sniper who can hit from 1,5 km can't take down a huge slow target. Ok.
Jul 12, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
JoksPacifist said:
While is somewhat awesome, this clearly represents how much Reki, as himself acknowledge, doesn't know shit about FPS.
Someone with a sniper who can hit from 1,5 km can't take down a huge slow target. Ok.
This is an mmo. Not an FPS. Which means they have stats like agility, dodge, etc.. This was mentioned last episode.
Jul 12, 2014 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that dude pulled out the Minigun son haha.

G Endo tho, good episode.
Jul 12, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
Botato said:
This is an mmo. Not an FPS. Which means they have stats like agility, dodge, etc.. This was mentioned last episode.

So how do explain all these camera angles who are supposed to give a First Person View.
I know this isn't some "Enemy at the Gates" and there will be a lot more bullshit incoming, but I don't know why Sinon didn't kept her distance, going back to a higher place only in late game.
Jul 12, 2014 3:56 PM
Mar 2012
Do you think FPS games have this much freedom of movement? Rather than FPS, it's like an immersive full body game using all the senses. You aren't controlling the avatar in the first person point of view, you are that avatar. We're talking about virtual reality, not some Xbox or PS4 game using a controller or even an Oculus Rift game coupled with an Omni Treadmill.
Jul 12, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
JoksPacifist said:
So how do explain all these camera angles who are supposed to give a First Person View.
I meant it doesn't follow the same rules as Counter Strike or CoD. So you shouldn't try to apply them to it.

JoksPacifist said:
I know this isn't some "Enemy at the Gates" and there will be a lot more bullshit incoming, but I don't know why Sinon didn't kept her distance, going back to a higher place only in late game.
This was explained but I'll repeat it. Because of how the game works, the further away your target is the harder it is to hit it especially when they are a high level player. And then you also have the rule that a sniper has one shot after which they have to change location in about 60 seconds. Basically, if she stayed away she never would hit him.

As for what happened late game, she was the last one left so no one can distract him for her, she went up to high ground because the mini gun is too heavy and the enemy can't easily aim at higher targets.
Jul 12, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
Botato said:
JoksPacifist said:

MMO just stand massive multiplayer online, there's so much but the most popular is MMORPG, it's an MMO also a FPS, maybe MMOFPS *new genre of games that i think still doesn't exist
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
adaw31 said:
I was actually expecting this episode to show more Shino IRL and the the girls from her school *NOT SPOILING ANYTHING* but it actually ended earlier than I thought. Now I can really see this show reaching the 24 episode of non stop GGO. Also, I don't remember the ALO scene in the anime being in the LN? Its good to see A-1 Pictures getting down to the very detail with this season compared to season 1. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT A SERIES PEOPLE! WHEN YOU PAY TO GET THE DVDS/BLU-RAYS.

5/5 for this episode. Good animation and didn't miss any details ;)

I dunno if this is true at all but I heard that half would be ggo and other half alo (probably related to the seed). Haven't read the LNs so please dont spoil.
Jul 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2013
Oh man, the mechanics of this game....
Jul 12, 2014 4:00 PM
Jan 2012
After the first shoot, prediction lines make it easy to dodge.
The target can see the trajectory of the bullet at the moment the sniper pulls the trigger. And the longer the distance is, the more he has time to dodge.
To get another shoot without prediction line she has to move to another place and wait 60sec.

That's why she didn't hit the big guy. And couldn't afford to stay 60sec without moving to reset it.
Jul 12, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Solid episode, One question will Sinon have any romantic interest in Kirito?
Jul 12, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
fst said:
They're pretty good. 0 fall damage is always good.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jul 12, 2014 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Emnay said:
fst said:
They're pretty good. 0 fall damage is always good.
She used the recoil of the gun to slow down and reduce the damage, that's why she waited as long as she did before she made the shot.

fst said:
What about them?
TyrelJul 13, 2014 2:10 AM
Jul 12, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2013
keragamming said:

*LN reader elite answer*

Jul 12, 2014 4:09 PM
Oct 2012
Botato said:
fst said:
What about them?

That seems to be the "insult de page". It's a weird behavior I have noticed in critics, they come in waves saying the exact same thing. Some one somewhere posted "the mechanics sucked", so they all come here to be the first to repeat it, not bothering to see that 10 people have already said the exact same thing.

The funny thing about this is all too often I think the real original poster is trolling them, because their compliant is usually explained in the very episode they are attacking.
Jul 12, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2011
JoksPacifist said:

Game mechanics, after the first shot is fired, there is a red line indicating a shot is coming, giving enough time for players to react. Those red lines aren't just effects you know zzz
Jul 12, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
A Sinon episode huh it was okay would have preferred more of the story,
Saw a bit of the old cast at the end yay ^.^
Silca even cuter as a furry
Jul 12, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Botato said:
What about them?

That seems to be the "insult de page". It's a weird behavior I have noticed in critics, they come in waves saying the exact same thing. Some one somewhere posted "the mechanics sucked", so they all come here to be the first to repeat it, not bothering to see that 10 people have already said the exact same thing.

The funny thing about this is all too often I think the real original poster is trolling them, because their compliant is usually explained in the very episode they are attacking.
I expect more from fst though that's why I ask. Otherwise I would ignore it.
Jul 12, 2014 4:14 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
fst said:
What about them?

Nothing yet, but when you pile on additional features like prediction lines and such, it gives you so much more room for exploitation. Not that this show has a character with a long and storied history of being able to break the game mechanics and ignore rules for no reason other than the fact that he's an author self-insert character.

Botato said:

Does this mean we're butt buddies?
Jul 12, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome fight.Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jul 12, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
[quote=Botato]
JoksPacifist said:
I meant it doesn't follow the same rules as Counter Strike or CoD. So you shouldn't try to apply them to it.

As I read the afterword in the 5th novel, I expected Reki to apply the rules from the existing games.
I doesn't have to be a military one. Could be Halo, Quake or even Tribes. If you have a long range weapon, stay away from automatic fire which will never be as precise as yours.

Ok, I didn't know about this rule of moving places.
I guess we will discover as the shows goes by then.

Why was she the only one left ?
As she aims while in the building, the display shows that 3 teammates are alive.
Jul 12, 2014 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
cupc said:
keragamming said:

*LN reader elite answer*

Oh, I kinda figure that would happen.
Jul 12, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't expect such a heavily Sinon focussed episode, but I liked it. Yay for miniguns xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 12, 2014 4:20 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Nothing yet, but when you pile on additional features like prediction lines and such, it gives you so much more room for exploitation. Not that this show has a character with a long and storied history of being able to break the game mechanics and ignore rules for no reason other than the fact that he's an author self-insert character.
iirc they were broken once because Mr. Mad Scientist Admin God Kayaba decided he liked Kirito and gave him a deus ex machina hand. Other than that not much was broken.

fst said:
Botato said:

Does this mean we're butt buddies?
But of course!
Jul 12, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
Really fun to watch this episode. Sinon's "He's strong enough to smile so I'm gonna have to kill him" was hard to take seriously, but other than that the gun battle had me completely absorbed. The animation and music were great.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) tentacle monsters or riot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 12, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
JoksPacifist said:
have a long range weapon, stay away from automatic fire which will never be as precise as yours.
Well like I said, the game works differently and if she stayed away she'd just be dead weight.

JoksPacifist said:
Ok, I didn't know about this rule of moving places.
I guess we will discover as the shows goes by then.
They kind of mentioned it but they didn't make it clear so not your fault.

JoksPacifist said:
Why was she the only one left ?
As she aims while in the building, the display shows that 3 teammates are alive.
Hmm don't really remember I'll have to check it out again. Point is she wanted to take him down and that was the best way to do it.
Jul 12, 2014 4:25 PM

Mar 2014
the episode was kinda boring, I was expecting more plot development, those
kind of scenes are sure a blast reading them in the light novel but the pace of
the anime version was sloow. oh well, was nice so see the others in ALO for a
short time (since we no gonna see them for a long time LOL)
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.