Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 12:11 PM
May 2010
Dat Sinon's jump and aerial tricks dodging minigun with one leg and then SHOOTING from a sniper gun in the AIR, just OMG, so stupid.
But pacing is good, better work from A1.
Jul 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, so i can already say that i like Sinon more than every other girl i saw in SAO.Sawashiro Miyuki as her seiyuu adds a gigantic plus too.Good episode in overall, much better than first.
Jul 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Nov 2013
adaw31 said:

Yeah thats probably 1 of the few things that were left out. Think of it as tgat detail which if they put every single detail in, it'll make the show go on for an extra 10 episodes of every scene explaining stuff to the very dust.
Actually it kind of was mentioned, the first guy that died was saying how if Shinon screws up he'll buy the 60 seconds necessary time for her to change her location.
Jul 12, 2014 12:17 PM
Aug 2008
yeah this episode of SAO explain stuff pretty well without making the viewer just listeting and watching a moving mouth.

they explain by telling AND showing stuff. although its more common in anime to tell rather than show...
Jul 12, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was cool. I am glad that they dedicated a whole episode to just Sinon's battle. Does anyone know if it's Yuki Kajiura that is composing the soundtrack? Sounded like Kajiuran to me.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jul 12, 2014 12:25 PM
Jan 2014
yeah. I have a feeling that SAO2 will be awesome.

I loved this episode. Also, tentacles again. They had to do it... for the fans.
Jul 12, 2014 12:25 PM
Oct 2010
Oh btw, what's the death penalty in this game? They may have mentioned it in the first episode, but I can't really remember. I only remember that you can get real money from the game.
Jul 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
Smiling while playing an MMO is serious business.
Jul 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
Late to join but, I thought this was a good follow up to the first episode. A nice feel to Shinon, as she is new and we know the others a lot better. The whole scene had me sitting at the edge of my seat, I actually felt I was a part of the battle!
Plus the graphics are good, especially when we get to see how the characters perceive GGO.
I do wonder what Kirito is planning in his head, and what he thinks is happening.
You may think that I'm crazy, but my reality is just different from yours.
Jul 12, 2014 12:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very good animation, great action scenes and a story that is taking it's time to develop things. Sinon seems like she'll be a good character. Me likes.

The only thing that I thought a bit meh was the short tentacle interlude we had at the end. Hope there's not too much of that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
We all know Sinon is best girl,everyone else is just filler now,even Asuna.
But lol,Kirito's harem getting jealous over his wife.
Jul 12, 2014 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Asuna with blue hair ehh.. I like it!

Well Shino looks nice, cant wait to see more of her, other then that I like the feel of where this is going.
Jul 12, 2014 12:31 PM
Oct 2010
orangpelupa said:
yeah this episode of SAO explain stuff pretty well without making the viewer just listeting and watching a moving mouth.

they explain by telling AND showing stuff. although its more common in anime to tell rather than show...

Yeah that's something I can actually commend this time around. You can get a decent grasp of the mechanics by just looking at stuff. The red line thing also seems to work both ways since she dodged minigun dude's bullets twice because of it.

I assume they are going to get into why shinion takes the game so seriously down the road. Maybe it's just the money? That's a good enough reason imo but it doesn't seem that way.
Jul 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
That Behemoth guy was way too passionate with that gun of his
Jul 12, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
We're not going to see anything good until episode 5, because I assume episode 3 will be Sinon IRL and episode 4 with be Kirito's introduction to GGO... lame.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jul 12, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
I feel like the role of female characters will give a lot of unnecessary fanservice, but hopefully lessons have been learned from last season and they won't go that route. The sniper character, Sinon, seems somewhat over-powered, but I have to admit that I'm quite fascinated by her in real life, since she seems to be weaker? than she is in the game. If SAO plays with the different sides of her, in game and in real life, that would be very interesting!
I haven't read the light novels, so I have no idea where this is going to go ^^' That's a very fascinating theory, Taisho-san!

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 12, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
I loved this episode, probably b/c there was more of Sinon and less of Kirito and Asuna. It's too soon to judge, but I like Sinon so far. I see her less likely to become one of those girls completely fascinated with Kirito. She's too serious for that.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 12, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
Taisho-san said:
Here's my theory:
Sinon is really depressed because she lost her little sister in the SAO incident. If you noticed in the OP and ED, in the OP there's a ghost of a little girl standing next to Sinon when she's on the swing, then she disappears after her GGO avatar appears. In the ED, it shows Sinon really down and depressed, laying on her desk, just going limp, etc. etc. It also shows her holding hands with a little girl, and then she disappears and the triangle things shower over where she was. This is just a theory, but it seems like it could be true, right?
Credit to my friend Bobby, who doesn't have an account.

Sorry to tell you but your theory didn't quite hit the mark :p (I read the light novel).
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 12, 2014 12:45 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I'm guessing Kirito will finally move this arse into the game :D? I wanna see Kirito in action! Heroine of this season seems to be also quite intriguing.
Jul 12, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty neat.
They showed the new character and the new game in just one episode.
Jul 12, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
Sinon is such a boss!!! Much wow. Its always great to see Kirito and Asuna together with Yui again :D Ahhh Yui-chan kawaii! Oh and to see the other 3 girls left out because Kirito has Asuna is a bit saddening but thats how life works. Hopefully after Kirito has that serious talk with Asuna he'll meet Sinon. They might fight at first because everyone always doubts how strong Kirito is and I love that. I love how he ends up beating them because everyone always underestimates him. 5/5 for this nice episode. Sucks to be that minigun fatty. Hope to see more action like this next episode xD
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 12, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Some fantastic animation, that was engaging.
Can't wait to see Kirito take a lightsaber to some gun battles.
Jul 12, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
Another slow paced episode but unlike the first one, this was executed very well.
I'm not really digging into this Simon chick as she's portrayed as the Squall type of character from FF but it isn't working; but she's probably the best female in the series so far. Well I'm just waiting for her to be put onto Kiritos harem list and damn there was no need for the tentacles or for Asuna 😓. . .
3/5
"Hi!"
Jul 12, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
Ya that purple saber in the OP looks amazing.
I hope the guy with the mustache isnt supposed to be a main character. Dont care for his crew as much as shinon.
I think its cool how they can see the bullets' trajectories before they hit. Like how minigun dude was able to dodge sniper bullets.
Jul 12, 2014 1:01 PM
Oct 2010
Taisho-san said:
Here's my theory:
Sinon is really depressed because she lost her little sister in the SAO incident. If you noticed in the OP and ED, in the OP there's a ghost of a little girl standing next to Sinon when she's on the swing, then she disappears after her GGO avatar appears. In the ED, it shows Sinon really down and depressed, laying on her desk, just going limp, etc. etc. It also shows her holding hands with a little girl, and then she disappears and the triangle things shower over where she was. This is just a theory, but it seems like it could be true, right?
Credit to my friend Bobby, who doesn't have an account.

I assumed that was just her when she was younger....I figured she was just bullied or something and the game is her escape.
Jul 12, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
skudoops said:
Oh btw, what's the death penalty in this game? They may have mentioned it in the first episode, but I can't really remember. I only remember that you can get real money from the game.

You have chance to drop the stuff you are carrying. So if you are using really rare guns like sinon's then you might lose it.
Jul 12, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2012
As a fan of Sword Art Online the first two episodes are going a little slow if not a little boring. I really hope things start picking up in the next episode. Again (probably heard a million times already) the thing about Kirito's character design in GGO...not really feeling it.
Jul 12, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
You know, when they leave out all the forced romance, this series is actually... good.
Jul 12, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2014
LastChapter said:
Gotta say, loved the badassery of Sinon in this episode. But what I love the most in this episode though were the guns, the designs especially were well made. I especially love the black and dark blue GGO menu screen.

We also get to see more ALO adventures with the main crew, and Silica gets tentacle raped again. Didn't remember that in the light novels.

Sinon FTW and tentacles... xP Had to have tentacles it isn't an anime if there aren't tentacles. lol
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 12, 2014 1:15 PM

Feb 2014
If I leave out last 3 minutes, it was quite good episode.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 12, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure if it was a graphical error or not but did anyone else notice when one of the guys in Sinons team was firing his SMG, when it showed his interface HUD in first person, it showed his gun/ammunition as a sniper? Well I can't really say that it was a error until I see other characters aside from Sinons but it looked akward to me.

Anyways, hoping to see Kirito play soon. I just want to see his reaction and why he's gonna be playing that avatar.

Dat recycled tentacle stuff.
Jul 12, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
Sinon is OP please NERF! Pretty good episode with more of a look into Sinon's character and how she fights although she looks pretty depressed IRL.
Jul 12, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
SINOON! i got the vibe that her rank is better than Asuna in my char list haha

great graphic, nice detail from the gun, and quite unexpected that the guy with cape bringing minigun o.0

but sinon is just really calm and her intention to kill him gave the chill to the spine, i really love Sinon in this episode, quite badass

did it just me or does that tentacle scene had already in SAO? feels like de ja vu when i watch it

loved it really, can't wait the 3rd episode!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 12, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
360 no scoped quick scoped go back to nintendo kids
an egomaniac and a fool

Jul 12, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Paul said:
Not sure if it was a graphical error or not but did anyone else notice when one of the guys in Sinons team was firing his SMG, when it showed his interface HUD in first person, it showed his gun/ammunition as a sniper? Well I can't really say that it was a error until I see other characters aside from Sinons but it looked akward to me.

Anyways, hoping to see Kirito play soon. I just want to see his reaction and why he's gonna be playing that avatar.

Dat recycled tentacle stuff.

wow you have a sharp eyes, i didn't notice that before, it's really a sniper not smg
Jul 12, 2014 1:26 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Great episode! Sinon is a badass. I see there are still several out there forcing themselves to hate this show. Tsk, tsk. Must be a sad life.
Jul 12, 2014 1:27 PM

Dec 2013
This is slowly killing my hype.. First I thought that Kirito would be the mantle guy, then I thought he would be at the tower chilling or something xD, but it looks like he's not gonna make an appearance in GGO until next episode or the one after it.
Jul 12, 2014 1:30 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Anon1409 said:
This is slowly killing my hype.. First I thought that Kirito would be the mantle guy, then I thought he would be at the tower chilling or something xD, but it looks like he's not gonna make an appearance in GGO until next episode or the one after it.

Relax, bud. This episode was completely Shinon's. Introducing her character and showing her off skills. The greatness that is Kirito is coming soon enough.
Jul 12, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
Wow really love Sinon. Is that Miyuki I hear as her VA?

Gun, guns, guns. I love guns. They looked awesome.

Blue-haired asuna still looking good.
Good episode, wanna see more of Kirito and Sinon.
Jul 12, 2014 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
I had doubts about this second season by the first episode, but the second episode washed all of those doubts away. Sinon is just awesome, IMO she's the Mikasa of SAO. That aside, her aiming isn't THAT impressive, they were moving forward in a straight line lol.
Jul 12, 2014 1:35 PM
Jan 2010
To those who are saying Sinon is making a big deal of the "smile" kindly hold your horses until her backstory had been given. She does have a good reason why she is playing GGO, why she hates that smile etc etc.

And Sinon is OP,

But Kirito is BROKEN as FFFFFFF
Wait till ep4 hopefully to know why
Jul 12, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
I think the second episode was good over all. Some parts were meh cuase I did not care much for the characters that sinon was hanging out with or what they had to say. But sinon herself was really cool XD

Like she definitely got some points for being a female badass In this episode for the way she was sniping and that way she just plunge at the machine gun guy toward the end of the episode was great XD

Over all the second episode was better than the first cuase some good action sequences and I find myself a little attracted to sinon for both her looks and the way she fights XD

I also want to mention that I think this anime does a good job in capturing the feel of shooting games abit with how the bullets impacted the characters and how the group of guns men were moving to attack the other characters.

Pluse the big guy with the machine gun reminds me of the chainsaw guy in resident evil minus the chainsaw of course ;p XD

The episode was good over all with just a few parts that I fond uninteresting so I will give this episode a score of 7 out of 10 for a good episode(:
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Jul 12, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
rothrock said:

yup, it's Sawashiro Miyuki
Jul 12, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Caleb8980 said:

Yeah next episode will be pure Sinon episode; Kazuto joins GGO in episode 4 ;-)

NOOO, don't do this to me!! :(
I want to see Kirito action! Damn.
Jul 12, 2014 1:45 PM

Jun 2014
I don't understand why so many people are already hating on SAOII! This is only the second episode and we have to be introduced to the new characters some how.

I love the introduction to Sinon's character in this episode and she is one bad ass sniper!

I also enjoyed the flash at the end of the old gang playing ALO! Hopefully the next episode we'll see some Kirito badassery! I'm happy to see the old SAO gang still playing together and seeing Yui make appearances too!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 12, 2014 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
at last, some quality.
http://oi60.tinypic.com/fp5our.jpg
Jul 12, 2014 2:08 PM

Dec 2012
novian14 said:
rothrock said:

yup, it's Sawashiro Miyuki

Oh, I love her.

*dies*
Jul 12, 2014 2:12 PM
Aug 2008
skudoops said:
orangpelupa said:

Yeah that's something I can actually commend this time around. You can get a decent grasp of the mechanics by just looking at stuff. The red line thing also seems to work both ways since she dodged minigun dude's bullets twice because of it.

I assume they are going to get into why shinion takes the game so seriously down the road. Maybe it's just the money? That's a good enough reason imo but it doesn't seem that way.

yeah hopefully they keep doing this "show and tell" and able to start a revolution in anime to keep the balance of show and tell, not just "tell" all the time. (but some genre works fine by just telling)
Jul 12, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
wooah that was better than a 360 no scope head shot.

Jul 12, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2009
That was awesome! But it's kind of unbelievable how Sinon dodged all the bullets and won...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.