Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 1:05 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really amazing how they put the 6 episodes this time into a 1:30 hour time frame! Like the original series the ending was just unbelievable touching! Really one heck of an awesome Gainax Franchise! 9/10
Jun 2, 2015 8:35 AM

Sep 2013
Ooh, they converted the 6 episodes into 1.5 hours better than I expected!

The feels at the end were great. Nono and onee-sama are truly unseparatable~ And the return of Nonoriri. I love how the two series gattai in the end.

8/10 for both films
Jan 18, 2017 5:07 AM

Apr 2012
Despite the version I watched having awful subtitling I agree this one worked out really smoothly as a film (though the new scenes helped).

Only things that I felt let it down were Nono's relationship with Lal'C which came across fairly incoherent, constantly flip-flopping (they're friends! not friends? friends! not fr-)
and the loss of the part where the Topless were surrounded by the army and basically declared the enemy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunbuster vs Diebuster Episode 1 Discussion

aero - Dec 13, 2008

8 by Blackouting »»
Jan 14, 2017 7:32 PM

» question about the THOR release

KaminaKai - Jan 18, 2009

2 by Blazingluke »»
Feb 13, 2010 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.